Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 13, 2023 11:56 AM

Oct 2018
bruh how is it already half over...
I know theres another cour but still, sheesh this has gone fast.
Aug 13, 2023 11:57 AM
Feb 2021
absoulute peak nothing more to say
Aug 13, 2023 12:09 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Like save some slaves what the hell?
Weird episode tbh.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Aug 13, 2023 12:28 PM

Aug 2022
Juliette is so cute.
Aug 13, 2023 12:29 PM

Feb 2022
MangagnaM said:
Droebie said:
Interesting to see this show go at a slower pace, so many episodes skipped openings and endings or were extended in the prior season but seems like at the pace we might see normal episodes more frequently. Not that I mind, though I do want more openings that show off the environment better getting a better feel for the school and surroundings would have been a nice touch and keep this show at the top when it comes to world building for isekai, at least to me.

I know Rudeus has been through a lot but I find myself not liking him as much with his more dark and indifferent "traveled" personality. He may have been a bit ignorant to reality but I wish we saw more of that optimistic and goofy version pop out, maybe time at school will help with that. Seeing him experience a slave market like he's shopping for his groceries for the week felt a bit off to me.

Spending a good chunk of his time to teach a language and magic to a young girl is an interesting way he's choosing to spend his time. That's a lot of hours down the drain to teach her sculpting... I guess he's just going with the flow since the god led him this way but still I'm surprised he didn't even have an inner dialog wondering if this was for the best instead of improving himself or learning everything he can about teleportation.

Really curious how this arc will play out, not easy to predict what may come next so that's nice in a way.
I mean he's already working on improving himself magic-wise and trying to heal mentally slowly, and learn about the teleportation. But he also just wants to enjoy his life a bit and he does consider Zanoba a friend so he is willing to help him out, guy hasn't had many bros as mates in the series so far so it's a nice gesture to help him and Julie out like that. He is not as much as indifferent 'traveled' personality, but more politefully distant I would say. He is on good terms with Zanoba and Fitz but he is also not trying to get way too close either considering what happened in the past with abandonment issues and his ongoing ED. It's not as bad as the previous arc where Soldat called him out on it all the time but it still does linger for him. School arc should hopefully have his issues melt away and he can be a bit goofier and more lively as time progresses.
Teaching a slave a new language and to not only cast spells in what's considered a rare/difficult way, on top of training her specifically to make art for him is beyond what I would call a "nice gesture". That's something way more time consuming than anything else he has going on or could do. Unless the kid turns out to be a genius, which I guess we'll see soon. That or this time sink leads to the clues he needs which knowing how the god works could be the case.

It's definitely not just politefully distant, it's only been like a year since one of his lowest points. I'm just saying I am personally not a fan of this version of him, I understand why he is the way he is. I just think we got a better glimpse of his thoughts last season and maybe purposefully they're keeping him more cold and shut off to the audience. I'm sure they're will but plenty of positives and negatives moving forward, just giving observations.
Aug 13, 2023 12:36 PM

Jun 2015
And thus Julie came into being. Such a dark but cute episode :D
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 13, 2023 12:47 PM

Aug 2011
Aug 13, 2023 12:55 PM
Mar 2022
Well Julie is a fun addition to the show but I'm kinda worried about her at the same time. This show does have a track record of punching viewers in the balls when we least expect it.

Sylphie's being so coy with him that I think that she just wants Rudeus to realize by himself who she really is. But you can just tell that they gonna smash by the way the show sets it all up.
Aug 13, 2023 12:56 PM
Dec 2015
Am I missing something here, did Sylphie lose her memory on the teleportation since it doesnt seem like shes just pretending she doesnt recognize Rudeus. First I thought she was just acting but not anymore, also why didnt Rudeus recognize the staff/wand he gave her?
Aug 13, 2023 1:00 PM

Nov 2007
0451 said:
It's frustrating to see Rudeus not connecting the dots and recognizing Fitz is Sylphie. But I guess he really just forgot about Sylphie already considering he didn't mention her once.
He did not forget about her. He said so in the last episode in the library. I think the line was something like "My family has been located but a childhood friend of mine is still missing". There's plenty of "plausible" stuff as to why he doesn't connect the dots but the light novel had the whole identity thing as a mystery that got peeled away if Fitz was actually Sylphi but since this is more visual it is... quite jarring. Especially for the viewer that are in the know. Also putting this wholy on Rudy is also a bit strange. Why is she not coming forth either?

Anyways good episode. Elinalise is doing her thing (It's crazy because we've seen Soldat in episode 4 after he slept with her and that guy frequents high end brothels in major cities and even he said that Elinalise was the best. Those poor virgins will peak at loosing the v-card and never reach that mountain again.) Fitz is throwing Rudy for some sexual confusion. The slave thing though, it's a plausible angle but I can't help but notice that it's crazy that the idea came from Fitz. It shows that the years at the Asuran High Society has left an impression on her regarding questionable ethics. But then again... slavery is not really unethical in that world.
Aug 13, 2023 1:05 PM

Jan 2018
Arkaniet said:
0451 said:
It's frustrating to see Rudeus not connecting the dots and recognizing Fitz is Sylphie. But I guess he really just forgot about Sylphie already considering he didn't mention her once.
He did not forget about her. He said so in the last episode in the library. I think the line was something like "My family has been located but a childhood friend of mine is still missing". There's plenty of "plausible" stuff as to why he doesn't connect the dots but the light novel had the whole identity thing as a mystery that got peeled away if Fitz was actually Sylphi but since this is more visual it is... quite jarring. Especially for the viewer that are in the know. Also putting this wholy on Rudy is also a bit strange. Why is she not coming forth either?

Anyways good episode. Elinalise is doing her thing (It's crazy because we've seen Soldat in episode 4 after he slept with her and that guy frequents high end brothels in major cities and even he said that Elinalise was the best. Those poor virgins will peak at loosing the v-card and never reach that mountain again.) Fitz is throwing Rudy for some sexual confusion. The slave thing though, it's a plausible angle but I can't help but notice that it's crazy that the idea came from Fitz. It shows that the years at the Asuran High Society has left an impression on her regarding questionable ethics. But then again... slavery is not really unethical in that world.

Did the WN/LN chapter that Episode 0 was based on come out after this whole arc was over? If so then the mystery thing would make more sense as the reader wouldn’t be 100% sure about Fitz's identity. But I think most readers would think of Sylphie as the first character after a few hints.

And I think Sylphie will reveal herself eventually. Probably as some sort of surprise. I don't think Rudeus will find out about it by himself at this point.
Aug 13, 2023 1:13 PM

Nov 2007
0451 said:
Arkaniet said:

Did the WN/LN chapter that Episode 0 was based on come out after this whole arc was over? If so then the mystery thing would make more sense as the reader wouldn’t be 100% sure about Fitz's identity. But I think most readers would think of Sylphie as the first character after a few hints.

And I think Sylphie will reveal herself eventually. Probably as some sort of surprise. I don't think Rudeus will find out about it by himself at this point.

The scene in episode 0 with Sylphi falling and her hair turning white from mana exhaustion isn't in the LN. The LN has one chapter of Ariel being attacked by the Boar and an "angel" falling from the Sky and saving her. Then it has another chapter set a while later with her having a bodyguard with white hair named Fitz. Introduced as a boy and over the chapter some hints get dropped. The gear the guards wear gets mentioned the wand as well. The voiceless casting as well. I'm a bit flimsy on the exact details. There's enough pointing to Sylphi but also a lot that is strange. The anime can't pull that off at all so they went with the full reveal right from the bat and left the rest in tact so it's a bit jarring. The missing POV that was strewn inbetween the Rudy chapters in the LN helped but are missing in the anime as well.

It's hard to go into to much detail due to it being potential spoiler even if the scenes were skipped they may get adapted later on so I'm gonna stay save and not mention any more.
Aug 13, 2023 1:14 PM
Mar 2016
Fantastic episode, I'm kinda tired to write a short review to each one of them, but this series is certainly the best of the year!
Aug 13, 2023 1:22 PM
Jan 2023
The Episode was pretty good imo. The part that fucking bothers me with all those isekais is how casually they engage in slavery. I get that for the people of that world it is a normal thing ok. BUT that doesn’t make it morally ok it is still one of the worst things you could do to another human being, for the dipshits that want to say well they aren’t technically humans they are Dwarfs or Beastmen or whatever FUCK YOU specifically.

For the normal people among you my real Problem is Rudeus behavior. He lived like twice as long in our world so the argument different world different standards/morals doesn’t apply here. On the one hand we say well it’s not our world, so our set of morals aren’t important to the story or world, HOWEVER on the other hand we feel bad for the Dwarf child (The characters in the episode also did). OK then what about the fifty other cages in the same room with slaves in them as well, those and their suffering we just ignore yeah all right. Dogshit behavior on Rudeus part.

Another remark, in our own world people engaged and still do to a massiv extent in slavery without thinking it is that bad because they saw/see slaves as less then them. Therefore it is ok to own them like an object. If you argue different world different set of morals so we can’t judge them, or this is just how they do things. Then you basically just said we can’t condemn slave traders/owners in our history because at their point in time it was an accepted part in society. If you think this is a logically sound argument, then maybe anime gives brainrot to people because this behavior is just unacceptable.

Still overall enjoying it so for this one I give a 4.5/5
Aug 13, 2023 1:35 PM
Oct 2019
I'm sorry I rewatched few scenes 5 times and I have no idea why and what's happening in this episode, if someone can explain to me. Zanaba asks Rudeos to teach him how to carve sculptures for some reason?But he can't controll his superstrenght, so they bought a slave? And the slave needed to be dexterous? And young so they can teach it silent casting? WTF???
Aug 13, 2023 1:39 PM

Dec 2019
MyFavoriteCharac said:
I'm sorry I rewatched few scenes 5 times and I have no idea why and what's happening in this episode, if someone can explain to me. Zanaba asks Rudeos to teach him how to carve sculptures for some reason?But he can't controll his superstrenght, so they bought a slave? And the slave needed to be dexterous? And young so they can teach it silent casting? WTF???
He is too strong and clumsy, so the only way he can get sculptures done without basically bothering Rudeus to do it everyday for him, is to get someone else to do it for him. Dexterous meaning they have to be skilled with their hands and have a lot of control and skill when using magic to create them with precision. Rudeus and Sylphie learned silent casting effectively when they were very young and gained a massive mana pool as a result of training with magic from that age, which Julie would need for precision and for retrying many times. I don't get what was difficult about understanding with this scene to rewatch it 5 times.
Aug 13, 2023 1:41 PM

Apr 2012
Please tell me that in the end Rudeus will abolish slavery and at least be shown as an abolitionist. What worries me is how everyday the segment with the trip to the slave market was shown.
Aug 13, 2023 1:44 PM

Apr 2012
MangagnaM said:
MyFavoriteCharac said:
He is too strong and clumsy, so the only way he can get sculptures done without basically bothering Rudeus to do it everyday for him, is to get someone else to do it for him. Dexterous meaning they have to be skilled with their hands and have a lot of control and skill when using magic to create them with precision. Rudeus and Sylphie learned silent casting effectively when they were very young and gained a massive mana pool as a result of training with magic from that age, which Julie would need for precision and for retrying many times. I don't get what was difficult about understanding with this scene to rewatch it 5 times.
They were probably embarrassed that Rudeos went down the path of "he's hopeless, let someone make figures for him" as an actual solution to the training problem. But personally, I was more embarrassed that their magic textbooks taught for years that magic is pure talent, even though so many magic practitioners knew and understood that it all depends on childhood training.
Aug 13, 2023 1:52 PM

Sep 2014
Even with everything going on in this show I have to say even if I disagree with it I can atleast understand it, well you can probably guess the very specific issue I am talking about, but Rudeus just naturally beeing okay with slavery is something I really dont buy.
Not even a single line about the moral issue of slavery from him? He was an adult in modern japan and he doesnt see any issue with slavery? Thats the most disgusting thing I have seen from this show, which is really something considering the disgusting things he already tried in S1..
This is really surprising to me, I thought his bad behaviour was supposed to be a thing from the past which he is aware about, but this wasnt even portrayed like a big deal?
Yes he wasnt a fan of the individuals situations once he saw them but he really had 0 issue with the concept itself..

Ps: The cure for ED are traps, this anime confirmed it
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 13, 2023 1:53 PM

Apr 2012
I'm afraid that this identity reveal for both Fitz and Rudeus will never happen because it's one of the most overused tropes in anime. The only time they'll discover their secret is when it's already too late, or one of them forcibly decides it's best to continue the status quo and disappear.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Aug 13, 2023 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
Damn I can't wait for Rudeus to hit his homosexual arc. Will Fitz' balls cure Rudeus' E.D? Only time will tell.
Also Elinalise is a PREDATOR lock this chick up fr.
I was quite surprised at how the cast just strolls into a slave market like it's a convenience store lmao.
Aug 13, 2023 2:00 PM

Nov 2009
ChickenDan said:
Isekai & unnecessary slavery

name a more iconic duo
It doesn't have to be isekai, just simply fantasy. And it still remains a real world issue, just saying.
Aug 13, 2023 2:03 PM

Nov 2007
_Freeze_ said:
The Episode was pretty good imo. The part that fucking bothers me with all those isekais is how casually they engage in slavery. I get that for the people of that world it is a normal thing ok. BUT that doesn’t make it morally ok it is still one of the worst things you could do to another human being, for the dipshits that want to say well they aren’t technically humans they are Dwarfs or Beastmen or whatever FUCK YOU specifically.

For the normal people among you my real Problem is Rudeus behavior. He lived like twice as long in our world so the argument different world different standards/morals doesn’t apply here. On the one hand we say well it’s not our world, so our set of morals aren’t important to the story or world, HOWEVER on the other hand we feel bad for the Dwarf child (The characters in the episode also did). OK then what about the fifty other cages in the same room with slaves in them as well, those and their suffering we just ignore yeah all right. Dogshit behavior on Rudeus part.

Another remark, in our own world people engaged and still do to a massiv extent in slavery without thinking it is that bad because they saw/see slaves as less then them. Therefore it is ok to own them like an object. If you argue different world different set of morals so we can’t judge them, or this is just how they do things. Then you basically just said we can’t condemn slave traders/owners in our history because at their point in time it was an accepted part in society. If you think this is a logically sound argument, then maybe anime gives brainrot to people because this behavior is just unacceptable.

Yep a common trope of isekais is to apply our morals and ethics onto a setting that doesn't abide by them and have the hero of the story change the way of the world by force or by education or whatever else there is. Very common and cozy trope. BUT Mushoku tensei is anything but cozy. Rudeus has no lofty goals, he just wants to make the best out of his second chance and anything else is secondary or tertiary. Is this self centered? Yes. Is it a character flaw? Also yes. The "he lived twice as long" argument doesn't work when he spent 14 years in his old life that led to him being bullied so hard that he lost motivation (blaming everyone else for that as well instead of reflection or looking inward -> character flaw) to keep going and degenerated for twenty years in his room. Dude never grew up he was stuck at 14 and honestly 20 years of degeneration has left him with so much fucking baggage that he still hasn't even remotely overcome even after living 15 years in this new life. He's a very flawed character and his lack of concern for others around him has been a thing for a while. When you only had youself to think about for 20 years you kind of grow blind to others which is, once again, a character flaw.
All of these ramblings aside. You are fundamentally right. I'm just trying to give context and think that your expectations of Rudy are to high. Oddly enough THIS is a very reoccuring thing in the Anime and light novel as well. Eris thinks Rudy is so far above her and put him on a pedestal even though he was struggling with his own shit the whole time. Paul thought Rudy had a great time on the demon continent while he was at the edge multiple times there. Roxy only saw the endless potential in her pupil but failed to notice his social anxiety. Most people notice that somethings off about Rudy and many tend to expect way to much from him as a result of that but the guy is a mess and we even hear his unfiltered thoughts so we as the viewer know that for certain. Alright enough rambling. I hope some of this makes sense to you. Sorry.

Going forward I think it's best to see absolutely everyone as a very flawed character. It's better this way. They all have their shitty sides but oftentimes enough good sides as well.
Aug 13, 2023 2:06 PM
Apr 2021
low-key wondering why doesn't Fitz reveal his identity?
Aug 13, 2023 2:08 PM

Dec 2015
It has been 31 episode since Rudeus first got isekaied and only now a slave is bought.
YOU HEAR THAT OTHER ISEKAI ANIMES???? 31 EPISODES!!!

Anyway, putting isekai slave tropes aside. Why doesn't Sylphy reveal her identity to Rudeus? I feel like there has to be some sort of reason, I just cannot imagine that she is doing it solely to tease Rudeus... poor guy is already starting to question whether he is gay :(
CkeaAug 13, 2023 2:13 PM
Aug 13, 2023 2:09 PM

Nov 2007
RobertBobert said:
MangagnaM said:
They were probably embarrassed that Rudeos went down the path of "he's hopeless, let someone make figures for him" as an actual solution to the training problem. But personally, I was more embarrassed that their magic textbooks taught for years that magic is pure talent, even though so many magic practitioners knew and understood that it all depends on childhood training.
In the LN he was stumped. Zanoba couldn't increase his mana capacity and it would need to be a LOT bigger to properly  craft figurines. He wasn't dextrous enough either due to being a blessed child with super human strength. After he didn't know anything else he turned to his senpai Fitz for advice and that's how the slave thing happened. 
"I was more embarrassed that their magic textbooks taught for years that magic is pure talent, even though so many magic practitioners knew and understood that it all depends on childhood training." - I would not take Fitzs words there for face value. He's speaking from personal experience and I don't think you're meant to assume that this is common knowledge because, as you said, this goes against some fundamentals. If that was known they would start getting people into magic school way way earlier then they are currently doing. It was information that seemes relevant for their task at hand so he shared it.
Aug 13, 2023 2:10 PM

Feb 2014
Like with many other users here, this episode went by at a nice and relaxed pace, but felt so enjoyable that it felt as if the episode was shorter than the 24 minute length itself. XD

I'm enjoying the interactions between Rudeus and Fitz even more than before now due to how wholesome their chatting is. I couldn't help but be amused with Rudeus blushing a bit everytime Fitz smiles at him. If only he knew the truth here...

The latter half of the episode focused a lot on Rudeus doing his best to help Zanoba to craft figurines, but using magic is out of the question, as well as Zanoba's super strength making the traditional hand carving a no-go, either. The other option that they decided to go down was to go into the slave market and, aside from a cute moment of Fitz commenting on a male slave's penis size, the trio all decided to take on a young dwarf girl, who expressed to Rudeus during a one-to-one with him that she doesn't want to die.

The group agreed to call her Juliette and seeing her opening up and eating to her hearts content is heartwarming. I do hope this plan to help Zanoba with his figurines is a successful one. =)
Aug 13, 2023 2:18 PM

Apr 2012
Arkaniet said:
RobertBobert said:
In the LN he was stumped. Zanoba couldn't increase his mana capacity and it would need to be a LOT bigger to properly  craft figurines. He wasn't dextrous enough either due to being a blessed child with super human strength. After he didn't know anything else he turned to his senpai Fitz for advice and that's how the slave thing happened. 
"I was more embarrassed that their magic textbooks taught for years that magic is pure talent, even though so many magic practitioners knew and understood that it all depends on childhood training." - I would not take Fitzs words there for face value. He's speaking from personal experience and I don't think you're meant to assume that this is common knowledge because, as you said, this goes against some fundamentals. If that was known they would start getting people into magic school way way earlier then they are currently doing. It was information that seemes relevant for their task at hand so he shared it.
So LN reveals it in a more reasonable way? And are you suggesting that the experiences of the main characters are simply considered unique?
Aug 13, 2023 2:35 PM

Nov 2007
RobertBobert said:
Arkaniet said:
So LN reveals it in a more reasonable way? And are you suggesting that the experiences of the main characters are simply considered unique?
The LN takes a lot more time to establish clear train of thoughts for pretty much everything that goes on. Scenes that require even more have POV chapters of the other participants to show where they are coming from. The anime tries to at least bring the base stuff across but sometimes misses the mark so yes the LN is more detailed. Regarding that the MCs experience is unique? Yes. In season one Rudy meets the demon queen. The one that gives her the demon eye and she remarks that his amount of mana surpasses even Laplaces which supposedly had and absurdly high amount. Anyways I'm getting off track.
What I meant was: Fitzs assertion here does not reflect knowledge of the general population but is based on personal experience and further research and investigation that is currently not public knowledge, if it had been, people would start learning magic sooner and differently. The LN goes to some lengths to tell how Rudy assumes what was required for him to learn voiceless casting. I don't know if the anime went into this. Also Fitz should have said another line that didn't make it into the anime. I'll spoiler it just in case it's not a big spoiler but it regards the age requirement 
Aug 13, 2023 2:35 PM
Jan 2023
Arkaniet said:
_Freeze_ said:

Yep a common trope of isekais is to apply our morals and ethics onto a setting that doesn't abide by them and have the hero of the story change the way of the world by force or by education or whatever else there is. Very common and cozy trope. BUT Mushoku tensei is anything but cozy. Rudeus has no lofty goals, he just wants to make the best out of his second chance and anything else is secondary or tertiary. Is this self centered? Yes. Is it a character flaw? Also yes. The "he lived twice as long" argument doesn't work when he spent 14 years in his old life that led to him being bullied so hard that he lost motivation (blaming everyone else for that as well instead of reflection or looking inward -> character flaw) to keep going and degenerated for twenty years in his room. Dude never grew up he was stuck at 14 and honestly 20 years of degeneration has left him with so much fucking baggage that he still hasn't even remotely overcome even after living 15 years in this new life. He's a very flawed character and his lack of concern for others around him has been a thing for a while. When you only had youself to think about for 20 years you kind of grow blind to others which is, once again, a character flaw.
All of these ramblings aside. You are fundamentally right. I'm just trying to give context and think that your expectations of Rudy are to high. Oddly enough THIS is a very reoccuring thing in the Anime and light novel as well. Eris thinks Rudy is so far above her and put him on a pedestal even though he was struggling with his own shit the whole time. Paul thought Rudy had a great time on the demon continent while he was at the edge multiple times there. Roxy only saw the endless potential in her pupil but failed to notice his social anxiety. Most people notice that somethings off about Rudy and many tend to expect way to much from him as a result of that but the guy is a mess and we even hear his unfiltered thoughts so we as the viewer know that for certain. Alright enough rambling. I hope some of this makes sense to you. Sorry.

Going forward I think it's best to see absolutely everyone as a very flawed character. It's better this way. They all have their shitty sides but oftentimes enough good sides as well.
I think I need to clear things up a bit. I don't expect Rudeus to be a selfless person or anything and I do not hate him for his character flaws, quite the opposite I think this show handles his very flawed character incredibly well and in Fact I do like him.

But bad behavior is bad behavior and him suffering from all the shit that happened to him is not an excuse. I don't believe that expecting of someone to condemn the idea of owning a person fundamentally is a high standard to have. Especially since for him it isn't something that just always exists as a morally neutral thing, since he knows about his original world. Yes, a lot of bad things happened to him in his old life, that can be an explanation for his lack of morals in this case, maybe I’m not so sure, but it is most definitely not an excuse. And therefore, I think it is good/needed to call out bad behavior. 

I think we both mean the same thing really; I just don't want there to be room for misinterpretation.
And i just think that the way isekais handel slavery most of the time is just dissapointing
Aug 13, 2023 2:43 PM

Apr 2012
Arkaniet said:
RobertBobert said:
The LN takes a lot more time to establish clear train of thoughts for pretty much everything that goes on. Scenes that require even more have POV chapters of the other participants to show where they are coming from. The anime tries to at least bring the base stuff across but sometimes misses the mark so yes the LN is more detailed. Regarding that the MCs experience is unique? Yes. In season one Rudy meets the demon queen. The one that gives her the demon eye and she remarks that his amount of mana surpasses even Laplaces which supposedly had and absurdly high amount. Anyways I'm getting off track.
What I meant was: Fitzs assertion here does not reflect knowledge of the general population but is based on personal experience and further research and investigation that is currently not public knowledge, if it had been, people would start learning magic sooner and differently. The LN goes to some lengths to tell how Rudy assumes what was required for him to learn voiceless casting. I don't know if the anime went into this. Also Fitz should have said another line that didn't make it into the anime. I'll spoiler it just in case it's not a big spoiler but it regards the age requirement 
This reminds me of ReZero, where, due to the simplification of a number of dialogues, the motivation of the characters was very much lost in a couple of important scenes.
Aug 13, 2023 2:59 PM

Nov 2007
RobertBobert said:
Arkaniet said:
This reminds me of ReZero, where, due to the simplification of a number of dialogues, the motivation of the characters was very much lost in a couple of important scenes.
Yeah that rings quite true. The anime does try but reading the LN made a LOT of the interactions clearer and gave them more depth and meaning. Especially seeing Rudys train of thought is quite interesting because he truly thinks some awefull things. Then again I wouldn't want people listening to my unfiltered thoughts either. Haven't read ReZero but I can attest that I was lost here and there while watching the anime.
Aug 13, 2023 3:09 PM
Nov 2022
This episode had the essence of a slice of life anime (of course, removing the slavery part xd).

Rudeus questioning his sexuality is very cursed, he already went through puberty twice, why would it be different? xddd

It might be just me, but I kind of wonder if anyone can buy a slave or only the high society. ._.
Aug 13, 2023 3:14 PM

Dec 2018
I don't know how to feel about this; it was really uncomfortable but also had a somewhat happy end.
Aug 13, 2023 3:18 PM

Nov 2007
_Freeze_ said:
Arkaniet said:

I think I need to clear things up a bit. I don't expect Rudeus to be a selfless person or anything and I do not hate him for his character flaws, quite the opposite I think this show handles his very flawed character incredibly well and in Fact I do like him.

But bad behavior is bad behavior and him suffering from all the shit that happened to him is not an excuse. I don't believe that expecting of someone to condemn the idea of owning a person fundamentally is a high standard to have. Especially since for him it isn't something that just always exists as a morally neutral thing, since he knows about his original world. Yes, a lot of bad things happened to him in his old life, that can be an explanation for his lack of morals in this case, maybe I’m not so sure, but it is most definitely not an excuse. And therefore, I think it is good/needed to call out bad behavior. 

I think we both mean the same thing really; I just don't want there to be room for misinterpretation.
And i just think that the way isekais handel slavery most of the time is just dissapointing

I absolutely agree on the "expecting of someone to condemn the idea of owning another person is not a high standard" thing. It's very icky. The story does A LOT with power dynamics between people and how foundations can be rotton. For example Rudy and Sylphi had an uneven power dynmic. Eris and Rudy as well. Zenith and Paul in the unadapted LN chapter as well. Slavery inherently comes with this and it remains to be seen where it leads to.
What's strange is that Rudy has traveled with Ruijerd and there were other slave children there but seeing this did nothing for Rudy. It may just be that he's absolutely besides himself currently. Doesn't want to reflect on this part of his past due to Eris trauma and ED. Anyways the abscence of him questioning any of this counts for something. Maybe with Fitz bringing the whole thing up and Zanoba going for it immediately he just stopped thinking about the further implications of it all? It wouldn't be the first time he sort of... stopped thinking deeper about something once he reached a satisfying first conclusion.
ArkanietAug 13, 2023 3:22 PM
Aug 13, 2023 3:23 PM
Jul 2023
First time posting, are memes allowed?
(Don't mind if I do)
Aug 13, 2023 3:24 PM

Aug 2017
It's wholesome seeing Sylphiette and Rudeus hang out with each other. You can tell that Sylphy is having the time of her life just being around him after so long. 
I couldn't help but have a big smile.
Also Zanoba has a weird figurine fetish to the point that he would go naked for one. What a weird guy haha. 
The dwarf girl slave got a happy ending yay! She can now eat to her hearts content and learn incantationless magic with the GOAT!

Aug 13, 2023 3:35 PM
Jul 2022
Good episode overall, funny how he can't figure out who Fitz really is despite some hints (was it the power from the magical glasses? Idk) and instead gets feelings for Fitz. Love how Fitz really wanted to go to... a slave market (-_-) with our boy, to buy themselves a Raphtilia- sorry, a Juliette.
Aug 13, 2023 4:11 PM

Jul 2022
nice so i waited a whole god damn week to watch 5mins of this
i angry
Aug 13, 2023 5:15 PM
Mar 2023
I felt bad for Juliet
Aug 13, 2023 5:37 PM

Sep 2011
Another poor episode.  Rudy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but it's just implausible that he can't make the Sylphie/Fitz connection.  Also really sick of this terrible ED subplot and the slave thing here was really cringey
Aug 13, 2023 5:44 PM
Sep 2021
Gay thoughts be going brrrrrr
Aug 13, 2023 5:47 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Really enjoying the moments between Rudeus and Sylphie, so far it’s my favorite part of this arc, and it’s not just their interactions but also Rudeus’ growing concern that he’s into guys lol, it’s pretty hilarious giving how us viewers know but he doesn’t. Can’t really blame Rudeus for feeling that way tho, Sylphie in her Fitz disguise is definitely femboy-ish along with the way she talks, I can’t confidently say I wouldn’t feel the same way lol.

And I wasn’t expecting the gang to take in a child slave for figure making purposes but here we are lol, it’s not something I mind but I saw folks bothered by it on crunch, not the first time Mushoku Tensei has triggered people tho lol. I definitely look forward to seeing more of Juliette tho, and what anime figures Zanoba tries teaching her to make lol.
Aug 13, 2023 5:50 PM
Jun 2023
Casually getting a slave for more figurine time. Wholesome. At least Juliette has actually good people taking care of her, especially compared to the market. Hopefully Julie becomes an insane spellcaster like Rudeus and Sylphie!
Aug 13, 2023 6:41 PM

Dec 2018
They took a slave to create figurines for a guy who likes figurines, but is not able to create them himself because he is not suitable for this XDD What is the point if he does not create them himself, he could just buy them, people put more thoughts and doubts before buying a hamster. The author invented these storylines on the toilet while defecating. 
ReegrezSNKAug 13, 2023 6:47 PM
Aug 13, 2023 6:50 PM

Dec 2018
HornySenpaii said:
low-key wondering why doesn't Fitz reveal his identity?
This is the only somewhat interesing and thought-provoking thing at this point of the season, stop asking for spoilers because there won't be anything left XD
Aug 13, 2023 7:01 PM
Nov 2019
rudeus zanoba dan fitz pergi mencari budak
dan mendapatkan budak yg imut diberi nama juliette
My Candies :
Aug 13, 2023 7:02 PM
Dec 2019
Zanoba gonna get his figures from Julie. Rudeus is getting even closer with Fitz now he's starting to question if he swings that way lol.
Aug 13, 2023 7:05 PM

Jun 2021
Can't fool Rudeus feelings for Sylphie. But since she's in her Fitz disguised..It's hilarious to see that in his head, he thought he's starting to be into guys or something lol.

It's kinda depressing on the slave market part. At least now Juliette's in good hands.
RedcherAug 13, 2023 7:14 PM
Aug 13, 2023 7:10 PM
Aug 2020
It was a good episode, quiet but i liked it…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

237 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

284 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.