Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 30, 2023 11:33 AM
Jun 2022
So did a 2 year timeskip happen where Rudy was doing jobs with Soldat or did I understand it wrong?
Jul 30, 2023 11:36 AM
Feb 2021
At least, they could have done something better for the censored version. Hearing the sounds with a fixed frame was embarrassing… 😅
Jul 30, 2023 11:39 AM
Jun 2020
Going to school to learn? Nah, Rudeus is going to get laid.
Jul 30, 2023 11:41 AM

Dec 2012
Superjarne123 said:
So did a 2 year timeskip happen where Rudy was doing jobs with Soldat or did I understand it wrong?
When Rudy was in Man-God he mentioned two years since the last time he saw Man-God which was Turning Point 2 where Rudy died from Orstred.
Rudy doin adventures with Soldat party for a year.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Jul 30, 2023 11:44 AM
Oct 2017
The quality has drastically improved. This episode had all the things I wanted to see and it was adapted very well. Can't really think of anything important that didn't make the cut, unlike other episodes. If we are going to be nitpicky I'd say that some scenes were just still and not animated at all. Maybe due to time and budget strain on the staff.

Pacing is right, looks good and was funny. It even had small things that wasn't in the light novel like other peoples reaction. Overall the best episode so far. Looking forward to the school arc and I hope that the quality remains the same like in this episode.
Jul 30, 2023 11:46 AM
Jun 2022
Ishkoten said:
Superjarne123 said:
When Rudy was in Man-God he mentioned two years since the last time he saw Man-God which was Turning Point 2 where Rudy died from Orstred.

He mentioned near the end of the ep that Soldat looked after him "these last couple years" so it's a bit confusing how much time passed between the end of season 1 and the start of season 2, and between laqt episode and this episode
Shouldn't Rudeus be about 15 years old now? 14 maybe?
Jul 30, 2023 11:51 AM

Dec 2012
Superjarne123 said:
Ishkoten said:

He mentioned near the end of the ep that Soldat looked after him "these last couple years" so it's a bit confusing how much time passed between the end of season 1 and the start of season 2, and between laqt episode and this episode
He's 15 years old now.  It was hard to know Rudy’s age in Episode 1-3 since the anime changed Rudy’s character model between season 1 and 2. He looked way older than he was the end of season 1 due to character design change. Even though Rudy was supposed to be 13 (same age when the day Eris left) with Episode 1-2 and 14 with Episode 3 since he stayed at the same town for a year before he left with Soldat. In the Web Novel it was a 2-year time skip since The Depression Magician arc didn’t exist yet until Light Novel added details between those two years with The Depression Magician arc. So, the timeskip in Web Novel went from Eris left him to killing the red dragon which this episode covered.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Jul 30, 2023 11:59 AM
Jun 2022
Ishkoten said:
Superjarne123 said:

He's 15 years old now.  It was hard to know Rudy’s age in Episode 1-3 since the anime changed Rudy’s character model between season 1 and 2. He looked way older than he was the end of season 1 due to character design change. Even though Rudy was supposed to be 13 (same age when the day Eris left) with Episode 1-2 and 14 with Episode 3 since he stayed at the same town for a year before he left with Soldat. In the Web Novel it was a 2-year time skip since The Depression Magician arc didn’t exist yet until Light Novel added details between those two years with The Depression Magician arc. So, the timeskip in Web Novel went from Eris left him to killing the red dragon which this episode covered.

Interesting! Thanks. Surprised we didn't hear much about his 15th birthday considering they mentioned before how both every 5th birthday is a very big occasion and how Rudy considered that age to be good voor Eris to lose her verginity, or something like that
Jul 30, 2023 12:05 PM
Jul 2023
Great episode as always! Hanging out with Soldat's party boosts Rudy's self-confidence greatly. We see the man just 1v1 the Red Dragon with everyone praising his ablities. It's also nice to see Rudy's grown body (No wonder why Elinalise's fond of his physique as he has been working out real hard). A lot of hilliarious facial expressions in this episode along with the erotic, lustful Elf reminds me of the general tone of Season 1, as the last episodes was just down saddening. With the advice from the Man God, who is acting "suspicious" as usual, Rudy enrolls to the Magic University of Ranoa, where we hope he makes new friends, allies, and finally cure his ED.

Overall, this episode is perfectly paced and animated smoothly. A solid 9/10.

P/s: School was where Rudy's trauma originated in his past life so to see him finally settles down at the Magic Univeristy after years of adventuring, facing life and death situations, know what awaits him really warms my heart.
Jul 30, 2023 12:06 PM

Jul 2017
Superjarne123 said:
Ishkoten said:

Interesting! Thanks. Surprised we didn't hear much about his 15th birthday considering they mentioned before how both every 5th birthday is a very big occasion and how Rudy considered that age to be good voor Eris to lose her verginity, or something like that

Every 5th birthday is supposed to be a fairly big occasion (especially when they are younger) but he was just not in the situation to celebrate that, no family around nor people he would genuinely call friends he's very close with on top of constantly taking on quests and helping out Stepped Ladder. A lot was happening and family wasn't even there to celebrate with him so the time period kind of felt glossed over of sorts. At least he is now an adult in their world. And yeah when Eris turned 15 and was known as an adult, she chose to have sex with him before she left, although I don't think her turning 15 was the reason why she pursued that specifically.
Jul 30, 2023 12:08 PM

May 2015
You are a wizard Rudeus!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 30, 2023 12:13 PM
Jul 2022
he said 2 years he's had ED so its been two years since Eris left him? correct me if I'm wrong
Jul 30, 2023 12:18 PM
Dec 2021
fantastic episode, enjoyed it immensely. 
Jul 30, 2023 12:25 PM

Jan 2021
IT'S TIME TO THE UNIVERSITY OF MAGIC ARC

Jul 30, 2023 12:32 PM

Feb 2018
Elinalise has finally caught up to Rudy, and really going to work on that town they were staying in...
Seems like Rudy's mental has improved quite a bit, even if not everything is "fixed".
Their journey to the magic academy place seems to have gone well, even got a sneak peak at some possible future characters.
Jul 30, 2023 12:50 PM

Dec 2018
look the sex stuff is getting to be too much but i like that rudeus is going to school.
Jul 30, 2023 12:53 PM

May 2022
Now we are going to the Magic College Arc, a slow, but interesting, part.
Jul 30, 2023 12:55 PM

Jul 2021
I love how VA's for Rudeus vs Man-God are literally Gintoki vs Otose lmao
Jul 30, 2023 12:59 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Hm okay the next arc could be very interesting! Pls stop with this useless perverted stuff, it always ruins the mood of the show. It is one of the best isekais, but it gets destroyed because of it.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jul 30, 2023 1:02 PM
Jan 2023
End of an arc, beginning of another. That was rather nice. Interesting to see Kami-sama back again -- nearly had forgotten about him... as eccentric as ever.
Jul 30, 2023 1:03 PM

Feb 2014
Elinalise was able to track down where Rudeus was after a while of constant searching and she was able to tell him the good news about his mother. She's safe in a kingdom that's really far away from his current location, but the very fact that she's okay and that Roxy and Paul's party have gone off to locate her is reassuring for Rudeus. That being said, he did have to put up with Elinalise going around and having sex with many men during her stay in Rosenburg, which did get to him because of his erectile dysfunction.

Heck, the fact that even Elinalise can't get him erect shows how bad his condition is, but his meeting with the Man-God was well timed, who warned him to not go to where his mother is, but instead go to Ranoa and enroll in the university there as a special student after getting a letter of recommendation from the place itself. It was the place that he promised to go with Sylphie when they were younger, so it makes for him to go there on his search in finding a cure for his erectile dysfunction.

This also meant that he would be parting ways with Sol, who has done well in helping Rudeus back on his feet after the events of the previous episode. I'm sure we'll meet him again sooner or later. =)

This episode was great overall. It had plenty of funny moments, mostly thanks to Rudeus's facial expressions, and the animation for the battle against the red dragon was very impressive. I do look forward to seeing how he'll get on in university.
Jul 30, 2023 1:08 PM

Jan 2010
after the previous chapter, this one was great and without depression. Rudeus now has a hint to cure the ED so I hope he get rid of it soon so he can be happy again.

looking foward to the next chapter.
Jul 30, 2023 1:11 PM
Oct 2021
Again an amazing episode !
Jul 30, 2023 1:36 PM

May 2015
I hope Elinalise will get some kind of redemption story at some point, because she hit the bottom of the pit for me after seeing her lust for her friends' kid...

Cliff is here! What looks like the friends Eris made in Doldia village are also here, somehow? Zanoba is definitely here, acting like Pygmalion from Greek mythology. Sylphie Fitz is here! The black-haired girl drawing some kind of magic circle reminds me of Nanohoshi but I could be wrong about that. No idea who that six-armed dude is supposed to be, but his hair colour made me think of Kishirika, so I'm guessing it could be the fiancé she mentioned.
Jul 30, 2023 2:00 PM
Mar 2016
Introduction into school arc. Another great episode, can't wait to see next one!
Jul 30, 2023 2:01 PM

May 2016
I feel so bad I wanna cry for him... Imagine being in that hell... T-T
Jul 30, 2023 2:09 PM
Apr 2023
So many time skips… Can’t wait to see wha he learns at the university, and hope that ED gets better lamo.
Jul 30, 2023 2:13 PM
Jul 2014
I feel like taking Elinalise to a school is not the best of ideas, even if it does sound like it's mostly an adult/higher education kind of school...
Jul 30, 2023 2:30 PM

Aug 2022
The dragon fight was fucking amazing.
Jul 30, 2023 2:36 PM
Oct 2016
Even after years of adventuring Rudy has gotten no closer to achieving either of his goals. Not finding his mother or curing his erectile dysfunction have been solved. Rudy has been traveling with Soldat and his party for these couple years. Training his body but no other advancements have been made in magical skill. Enter none other than Elinalise the sultry elf offering information about at least his mother. Paul and Roxy heading to save Zenith is good news that lets Rudy not worry so much. Considering winter is approaching its smart to stay in this town and train more until he can travel the long journey to join them. Roxy trying to find Zenith in particular sets Rudy mind at ease. Its very tragic that not even the lustful Elinalise couldn't awaken Rudy little guy. Sad night when Rudy can hear Elinalise getting railed and there's nothing he can do, not a single thing. Receiving that letter might just be with Rudy needs, some actual training and interaction other than adventuring. Man God appearing in his dreams again with a cryptic message per usual but if going off to magic school will help Rudy cure himself then so be it. Soldat offered Rudy a helping hand when he needed it most and that won't be forgotten. Rudy must now set off for greener pastures. I loved the shots at the end showing important characters for the next arc!
Jul 30, 2023 2:37 PM
Mar 2022
I'm so glad that mini arc of rudeus's depression after a breakup is over... Don't get me wrong, I see the importance in the story but it felt so sluggish and dragged what I likes in the series down. I'm hoping for better episodes in the school arc
Jul 30, 2023 2:39 PM

Jan 2013
El-Melloi said:
I hope Elinalise will get some kind of redemption story at some point, because she hit the bottom of the pit for me after seeing her lust for her friends' kid...

Cliff is here! What looks like the friends Eris made in Doldia village are also here, somehow? Zanoba is definitely here, acting like Pygmalion from Greek mythology. Sylphie Fitz is here! The black-haired girl drawing some kind of magic circle reminds me of Nanohoshi but I could be wrong about that. No idea who that six-armed dude is supposed to be, but his hair colour made me think of Kishirika, so I'm guessing it could be the fiancé she mentioned.

He's considered a full-fledged adult in that world, and I don't think anyone would think twice about the age gap, but yeah.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 30, 2023 2:48 PM

May 2016
got hard and had to jerk off after
Jul 30, 2023 3:12 PM
Aug 2021
so good can´t wait for ep 5
Jul 30, 2023 3:18 PM
Nov 2020
Fcukturtles said:
WE GOT THE FOOKIN DRAGON SCENE LADIES/GENTLEMEN

I was worried that it wasn’t gonna happen
Jul 30, 2023 3:20 PM
Nov 2020
Darmauh said:
Still a bunch of nothing going on, imo. Cool fight scene with the dragon though, and it looks like things are finally coming to a head at the University! I haven't read the LN yet, so I'm trusting all the peeps that say this upcoming arc is HYPE!

P.S: Rip Rudeus

Is good arc, but if I remember right, more slice of life and less action (still one of my favorites tho)
Jul 30, 2023 3:24 PM
Nov 2020
Superjarne123 said:

1 year with counter arrow, than another 1 year with soldat
Jul 30, 2023 3:43 PM
Apr 2020
When is the Eris return? Does she have a bigger personality? I also want to see his mom.
Jul 30, 2023 3:48 PM

Jul 2022
0h nO itS t1ME f0R scH0Ol!1!!!1 :(((

btw he not like gonna say bye for sara and the others?
Jul 30, 2023 3:52 PM
Feb 2021
School arc next! School arc next! YAHOOOO!!!!
Jul 30, 2023 4:05 PM
Oct 2022
With each episode only gets better, what a perfect anime!
Jul 30, 2023 4:25 PM

May 2015
Nice touch at the end to show Rinia, Pursena, Nanahoshi, Cliff, Badigadi, and of course Fitts, Ariel and Luke. Can't wait for next week
Jul 30, 2023 4:29 PM

Jan 2022
Cytoplxsm said:
When is the Eris return? Does she have a bigger personality? I also want to see his mom.

fixed*

MariklynJul 30, 2023 4:32 PM
Jul 30, 2023 4:44 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
While I don't care for the man-god subplot, this was a great ep!

I'm keen for this school arc and for him to see Sylphie again! I wonder if he'll cure his ED with her XD
Jul 30, 2023 4:49 PM
Sep 2017
Does anyone here know who the VA for Elinalise is? The voice sounds very familiar.
Jul 30, 2023 5:01 PM
Jul 2019
Really good animation, feels like the story is about to get started.
Jul 30, 2023 5:01 PM
Dec 2014
lirgh said:
Does anyone here know who the VA for Elinalise is? The voice sounds very familiar.
Rie Tanaka. Like Koyasu Takehito (most-known for Dio), she's basically in everything. It helps that she has absolutely amazing chords.

Edit: She also va's for Lisa in Genshin Impact and Himeko in both Honkai Impact 3rd and Honkai Star Rail. So, besides being a slut, she's also a lightining mage with planet-busting fire powers and a train that flies through space.
SentiOnikawaJul 30, 2023 5:09 PM
"Thorkell has no resistance to getting kicked in the f-in head. To be honest, neither do I." -Captain Mack

"You've faced many life-and-death situations. But that does not make you an adult. Finding more fallen-out hairs on your pillow, watching your favorite stuffed-bread disappear from the convenience store... the accumulation of those little despairs is what makes a person an adult."-Nanami Kento
Jul 30, 2023 5:10 PM
Nov 2022
Mission:cureschlong
Jul 30, 2023 5:17 PM
Jan 2021
They really said "fvck Sara" and didn't show any of her other scenes before she disappears for a bit in the story
Jul 30, 2023 5:23 PM
Apr 2021
and yet again one amazing episode
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

237 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

284 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.