Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 26, 2023 6:29 AM

May 2015
What a sad story with the original owner. I'm glad Poppo was able to be repaired
Jul 26, 2023 2:14 PM

Feb 2018
Mother was like: Santa exist and it brings presents to good boy, my dear sweet child
Mother two days later: Santa doesn't exist at all, you should grow up, everyone will someday die!
Jul 29, 2023 7:26 AM

Jul 2017
A lookalike murder scene created, and the similar human-Humanoid couple between Shizuka and Joe, whom the latter is a product, an industrial AI.

The talking toy bear robot Poppo, whom Sudo repaired for a kid named Kenji, his mother clearly dislikes the machine's existence. The toy bear was clearly a mistake for the son who's  raised in a single-parent household family situation, it unceremoniously broke down again, only to exhibit behaviour that is awry. Sudo offers to take a look at it again for free, through this time, it's not just a memory impairment problem, but something that has to do with a brain and a heart. Apparently, it has old, stored data (which explains its old owner of Yuki-chan), and a reset is necessary, though they opt not to do anything about it.

Alongside Poppo's problem, Joe being an industrial AI that's different from Humanoids, one that has no "heart" to soothe Shizuka's heart, is a significant problem as well. Kenji approaching Joe to ask him about having a heart, and the inkling between toy robot and AI, it's just sad to see that robots are often always reset to the point of their original programming. Poppo got massacred by a hit-and-run, though his mother Mariko is finally relieved. And if there is any hope to repair Poppo back to its original senses, which the Sudo Novo Clinic definitely is NOT one toy repair shop, Poppo is brought to its original owner's grave, where a picture of his previous owner and it stood.

For the line to blur between human and Humanoid, it's beautiful, yet saddening at the same tme.
Jul 31, 2023 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
When Joe's eyes went "off" during the reset, that was one hard scene... This actually in modern times/ modern Japan could be very relatable, at least in terms of loneliness and attachment to things that fulfill our needs.
So far, best episode for me. Going to the next one (skipped last week and now I have two to watch, what a feast!)
Aug 1, 2023 8:02 PM
Nov 2022
Damn, I wanted to watch an anime to entertain myself, not question Aristotle's philosophical thought about the soul xdd.
Aug 20, 2023 10:44 PM

Aug 2019
I'm sorry but that mom is such a bitch LOL I am so close to dropping this too ngl
Sep 1, 2023 11:14 AM

Oct 2017
What is a heart huh and do robots have a heart, who knows. Wonder what was at the begining there.
Sep 5, 2023 7:10 AM

Apr 2016
The drama doesn't land with me, it's more funny than anything else, the mother making a scene so quick over the bear, it never felt like such a big deal once is revealed why she was sooo upset, is like she wanted her kid to feel miserable just like her and then the bear not just getting pushed down the stair but being run over by a car right away xD might throw it into a river or something for more "emotional" moments. The dad was there.

Another humanoid whining about something that doesn't make that much sense, I get it , robot-boyfriend was too perfect get over it or get reset.

Next episode seems like everybody gets horny.
Mar 13, 8:29 PM
Jun 2022
Ahh.. Atleast Some Decent Bits. Poppo , Thank U.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » AI no Idenshi Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2023

33 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 14, 1:48 AM

Poll: » AI no Idenshi Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2023

28 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 14, 1:06 AM

Poll: » AI no Idenshi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2023

52 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 14, 12:30 AM

Poll: » AI no Idenshi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2023

59 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 13, 7:17 PM

Poll: » AI no Idenshi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

128 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 13, 9:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.