Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 14, 2023 10:13 AM
May 2021
Ah damn it, Aqua and Kana came so close to talking things out and the opportunity slipped away. Aqua might be really smart, but he doesn't seem to understand why kissing Akane on Love Now would upset Kana. I really do hope they patch things up.
Jun 14, 2023 10:14 AM
Jun 2023
it was pretty good, cant wait to see who is gonna be the main girl
Jun 14, 2023 10:15 AM
Jun 2020
another banger episode. had a bit of a different vibe to it but it worked for what they were going for. loved it, can't wait for the next 2 episodes!
Jun 14, 2023 10:15 AM
Feb 2023
it's so overrated, not sure why so many people think it's a masterpiece.
Jun 14, 2023 10:30 AM

Mar 2010
The depth of each minute.. this is how a episode is done, incest jokes, drama, romance with jealousy. The struggle is real and fun. and lets not forget that bell pepper dance ffs I top tier show kek

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 14, 2023 10:33 AM

Mar 2023
I love how much we've gotten to learn about kana's personality! It's definitely realistic, and relatable, for the most part.
Jun 14, 2023 10:34 AM

Jul 2021
Marinate1016 said:
TsutanaiFuun said:
the closer we are getting to the end of the season the better it is becoming. i'm sure we will get a sequel but the problem is the wait.

They already leaked it, it’ll probably be next year
damn that's soon. had no idea. thanks.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 14, 2023 10:35 AM
Jun 2023
its was pretty good the story continues on the path and we learn more too bad 20mins goes so fast
Jun 14, 2023 10:39 AM
Apr 2023
This episode was much more fun and light than the other episodes, I actually really liked this.
Jun 14, 2023 10:41 AM
Nov 2019
They really made a full music video for Kana's song in addition to the normal ED.
Jun 14, 2023 10:42 AM

Jul 2017
What I'm seeing is, I'm pretty sure that this is PEAK.
Jun 14, 2023 10:44 AM

Jun 2014
Oh damn Kana can really sing. She needs to not be so hard on herself, she could easily be the center for B Komachi if she wanted to. Her song was great. And lmao at Mem's real age. She's been deceiving us all the whole time lol. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 14, 2023 10:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I like how B Komachi is stepping up, and Kana is too shy about her skills, she's definitely the best when it comes to singing, she needs to be the lead then. (And lmao Mem-cho being 25 years old)
Jun 14, 2023 10:50 AM

May 2023
B-Komachi let's go! I loved the girls and the relationship they have started to have. Mem is such a sweetheart and I love them all for being the real one about how unfair the industry is towards women and ageism.

Kana is my favourite character foe a reason. I loved how the ep delved into her psyche and hew low confidence. I hope we see my girl shine real soon 'cause she is bloody amazing. The music video and the bell pepper dance had me!

lol Aqua being confused and lowkey hurt by Kana's avoidance was fun to see. You reap what you sow Aqua!
Jun 14, 2023 10:52 AM
Apr 2022
0erin_rose0 said:
it's so overrated, not sure why so many people think it's a masterpiece.
It’s always a damn one piece fan, everytime. Do you guys have to go out of your way to hate on every other series?
Jun 14, 2023 10:55 AM
Aug 2016
Damn Kana is not alright. This show gets me really feel for the characters. I wonder will Aqua find other members before the festival. Maybe not since its' short notice even for the current members. I hope Ruby will be the center cuz of the same wow-factor that Ai had. Maybe they'll decide together that Kana should be the center. Looking forward to JIF :D
Jun 14, 2023 10:56 AM
Apr 2017
Hats off to Doga Kobo for going all out with the MVs for Kana. Nothing much happened in the episode, especially with Aqua's meeting with the producer. As usual, the pacing seems slow, but I'd rather have this build-up and pacing than a rushed story and development. We also can see a lot more character moments so it's a treat.

Still, the episode is endearing as it further solidifies the revival of B Komachi. Ruby seems pretty hyped about it, and now Mem-cho is joining the group too! But the question is still up there, who will be B Komachi's center? Although pretty much already implied, it would be best for Kana to take up the role, not only because she's fit for it but because I believe it would be helpful for her character development. Let it be Kanaa!

Here's hoping we can see them covering some old B Komachi songs in the next episodes.
SsasayanJun 14, 2023 11:08 AM
Jun 14, 2023 10:56 AM

Dec 2015
Yaaaaaay Mem is actually my age xD It's great when the waifu is not underage lol It also explains why Mem and Aqua acted so maturely behind the scenes, they are both adults after all xD

But I've gotta say, this anime does an incredible job at portraying characters one way and then showing us a completely different side to them that we would have never expected, like Akane being a genius actor or Kana being a good singer!!

I'm so happy that Kana is probably gonna be the center of the B Komachi after this episode (If I had paid a little more attention to the opening before then this and Mem joining wouldn't have been such a surprise to me, but where's the fun in that? xD)

As much as I love Akane, I am team Kana when it comes to who gets together with Aqua. I actually think she has a solid chance, since Aqua has stated he isn't interested in Akane or Ruby romantically! :D

20230614 205453 by CamKoudo

Also Bellpepper Kana is the most precious thing ever!! xD

Mod Edit: Just one image.
Koito91Jul 6, 2023 12:17 PM
Jun 14, 2023 11:02 AM

Dec 2015
Ricky16 said:

Aqua-kun really using girls as tool like Ayonokoji.
Ikr?! I had the same thought! Only difference is that Aqua was somewhat upfront and honest with Akane in the last episode and didn't manupulate her into loving him like Ayanokoji did with Karuizawa. Either way love both shows!

Oh and thx for sharing those images! Need a poster of the new B Komachi asap lol
CkeaJun 14, 2023 11:51 AM
Jun 14, 2023 11:03 AM

Dec 2015
UnknownUser101 said:
HOLY SHIT!!! they literally made a music video for Kana
So beautiful!

Also Bell peper Kana music video is real hahaha
Omg this info made my day! xD I hope we get more music videos of Kana singing in the future now that she is in B Komachi! :D 
CkeaJun 14, 2023 11:52 AM
Jun 14, 2023 11:15 AM
Aug 2022
Ckea said:
Ricky16 said:
Man!!! Kana-chan's full moon song is fantastic.
I feel sad for kana-chan.
Mem-Cho She's!!!

Aqua-kun really using girls as tool like Ayonokoji.
i think we're now close to the truth of Ai-San.
Kana-chan's full moon song link https://youtu.be/shEwhe3sDpo

Thanks for watching Ep#9.
Ikr?! I had the same thought! Only difference is that Aqua was somewhat upfront and honest with Akane in the last episode and didn't manupulate her into loving him like Ayanokoji did with Karuizawa. Either way love both shows!

Oh and thx for sharing those images! Need a poster of the new B Komachi asap lol

😂😂 Agreed need a new poster for B Komachi ASAP

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
Koito91Jul 6, 2023 12:17 PM
Jun 14, 2023 11:15 AM
Nov 2022
Kana: "I don't want to go to Karaoke"
Also Kana: *Goes on her own and gets 97 points*
Jun 14, 2023 11:16 AM
Aug 2022
ssjokg said:
Ricky16 said:

ooh I see now I totally understand, Aqua-kun is not like Ayanokoji. he's different slightly
If by slightly you mean, "he can jeopardize his revenge  just to save strangers" then yes. He is slightly different. 

yes yes that's what I mean
Jun 14, 2023 11:17 AM
Oct 2013
Ckea said:
Only difference is that Aqua was somewhat upfront and honest with Akane in the last episode and didn't manupulate her into loving him like Ayanokoji did with Karuizawa.
Except he tried to manipulate her by being vague, but Akane saw through him and asked that he clarify his position. If Akane was not smarter than Aqua he would have succeeded.
Jun 14, 2023 11:23 AM

Jul 2022
NoUsernamesIKnow said:
Kana: "I don't want to go to Karaoke"
Also Kana: *Goes on her own and gets 97 points*
Kana just let herself down because the complex feeling to aqua. She is really so precious!!!

Jun 14, 2023 11:34 AM

Dec 2015
GPMS said:
Ckea said:
Only difference is that Aqua was somewhat upfront and honest with Akane in the last episode and didn't manupulate her into loving him like Ayanokoji did with Karuizawa.
Except he tried to manipulate her by being vague, but Akane saw through him and asked that he clarify his position. If Akane was not smarter than Aqua he would have succeeded.
Trueeeeeeeee! Good thing Akane is such a clever cookie :D
Jun 14, 2023 11:39 AM

Aug 2022
Amazing! I love Kana. She really needs to stop being so hard on herself.
Jun 14, 2023 11:42 AM
Jun 2020
Lol, between the two age regressors, the actor who peaked as a kid and the milf who always dreamt of marrying a young actor, Mem-cho could NOT have found a more sympathizing group of people in regards to her age
Jun 14, 2023 11:56 AM

Nov 2021
Why didn't they translate Kana's song at the end? That really bothers me when they leave things untranslated
Jun 14, 2023 12:07 PM

Mar 2020
Wow, the animation staff for this show sure love Kana, and I'm all for it! I found myself connecting more to her problems this episode than the rest of the episode, which I found to be one of the weaker episodes so far, although there was some good commentary around the industry that was interesting. There's a lot of silliness in this show, and some of it hits, some of it I don't particularly care about. The trio of B-Komachi right now has some nice chemistry, and Mem-cho is 25? Shocking, I know.

As I said, Kana is carrying my enjoyment on the show right now, as the story of her being famous as a child, and then aging out of the category to being only known as "that one child actor back then". Combined with her jealousy towards Aqua's relationship with Akane, she must have a lot of doubts about her future and what she wants to do, and hopefully the revived B-Komachi can be uplifting for her. 

Also, that "Full Moon" music video was really well done, shows how much the staff love her character as I mentioned.
Jun 14, 2023 12:11 PM

Jan 2023
this is the episode that made me really like Kana. She got so much development in this episode and it really made her shine. Curious to see how the Kana and Aqua drama develops
死人に口なし
Jun 14, 2023 12:14 PM

Jan 2021
Wow Mem-Cho is actually 25 years old, but she claimed all this time to be 18 years. There's some backstory with Mem-Cho. I actually felt really bad for Mem-Cho's mom who landed in the hospital and she even took on jobs to take care of her family. B Komachi has been reborn. Minami & Frill got some screentime finally after so long.

The new reborn idol group are doing their dance trainings. Arima is cold towards Aqua since he kissed Akane in the tv show. Aqua gets some useful information towards Ai. The group decides to have a battle for who is gonna be the center of the group and they will have battle at the karaoke. Mem-Cho & Ruby decides to choose the broccoli song from Arima but then they discover other songs from her and they take a listen. Wow Arima thinks that she's a bad singer? Is this a joke? That was amazing lol. She even got a score of 97 at the karaoke.

Mod Edit: Just one image.
Koito91Jul 6, 2023 12:15 PM
Jun 14, 2023 12:18 PM
May 2020
aqua is a gyalist.
Jun 14, 2023 12:29 PM

Dec 2020
Kana has a really good voice ruby and mem has noticed that in the karaoke to choose who is the center the lead singer.
Ruby is really cute sometimes to see her reaction which girls his brother Aqua likes.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 14, 2023 12:30 PM
Mar 2015
Kana is pretty good after all Akane has entered dangerous territory
Jun 14, 2023 12:33 PM

Mar 2013
Aqua made Kana cry... deep inside.... .⁠·⁠´⁠¯⁠`⁠(⁠>⁠▂⁠<⁠)⁠´⁠¯⁠`⁠·⁠.
I need to see the next episode of what will happen to Kana's decision.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 14, 2023 12:35 PM

Feb 2014
I'm probably part of a good portion of the fanbase that was surprised about Mem-Cho's age. I had no doubt beforehand that she was 18, but the fact that she's actually 25 years old and can look the part of a high school girl better than most high school girls is a testament to how well she looks after herself. Not only that, but I had more sympathy for her after she told her backstory about how she dropped out of high school to take on part-time jobs to support her ill mother and her little brother's own educations.

As a whole, my respect for Mem-Cho has grown a lot. =)

The rest of the episode was an amusing watch of seeing how Ruby, Kana and Mem-Cho would plan their next move now that they're B Komachi now. While the girls are hard at work on getting their dancing choreography spot on from past B Komachi songs, figuring out who'll be the main star of the group proved to be more tricky than they thought it would be.

After some digging around at the karaoke bar, both Mem-Cho and Ruby are sure that the role will fall on Kana's shoulders after discovering that she's made plenty of songs during her career prior to joining B Komachi. The one that played, Full Moon, had the full music video treatment and it was fantastic. Not only did Kana look stunningly beautiful in a full length sundress and sunhat, but her voice sounded almost angelic. I can understand her insecurities about being the lead singer, but that talent shouldn't go to waste. I can only hope that Ruby and Mem-Cho can convince Kana to loosen up, stop being so hard on herself and become the main singer of the group. It'll help her a lot, I'm sure of it!
Jun 14, 2023 12:52 PM
Dec 2021
great episode. cells.
Jun 14, 2023 12:54 PM

Apr 2020
NGL. It's kinda funny how so many people are shocked about Memcho actually being 25, while claiming she's 18.

This isn't very hard to pull off if you have a naturally youthful appearance and even IRL it's not uncommon to encounter people who do not resemble their age.
Jun 14, 2023 12:59 PM
May 2020
Ok is the reincarnation issue even needed?
Do they need to set things up like that for Aqua and Ruby?
The kids are already messed up over Ai's murder. For me it just gets in the way.
Jun 14, 2023 1:06 PM

Mar 2014
Not their strongest episode just okay you know
RedChromeJun 14, 2023 1:09 PM
Jun 14, 2023 1:11 PM
Sep 2019
How many times do i have to say that anime is better than manga.

If i died blame this show, Cuz that insert song have my ❤️ now. Loved it absolutely 💕 loved it.

This is so long I have enjoyed a adaptation of anime. And it's a pleasure to watch this.
Jun 14, 2023 1:19 PM
Sep 2020
Was pleasantly surprised by the Kana music video. Nice to see B-Komachi building up their relationships. Once again I am so pleased with this adaptation.
Jun 14, 2023 1:35 PM
Apr 2023
the real calm before the storm
Jun 14, 2023 1:42 PM
Feb 2023
Great song… But that’s it. It’s just the song was actually great. So nice job. The production is still high. The episode was meaningless though. It was an okay episode at best.
Jun 14, 2023 1:50 PM

Oct 2018
I'm amazed at how this anime goes from 100 to 0 so quickly. Memcho on screen is 100, Ruby is 100, Akane is 1560 (she's the GOAT), but when Kana appears, it immediately drops to 0. This lady has the charisma of a Crocs shoe.

AKANE, MEMCHO AND RUBY

FINALLY, FOR THE GOD'S SAKE.
PhosphophyllitaJun 14, 2023 2:06 PM
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 14, 2023 2:02 PM

Nov 2014
I didn't care much for MEM. Somehow this little detail with her age made her so much more fun.

But what I need right now is more Kana.
Jun 14, 2023 2:30 PM

Dec 2017
Menternor said:
This isn't very hard to pull off if you have a naturally youthful appearance and even IRL it's not uncommon to encounter people who do not resemble their age

Especially for Asian people
Jun 14, 2023 2:33 PM

Jan 2014
More of a happier episode, I really like the attention they put to everyone's outfits especially Kana's. Gave her a Baking Soda shirt lol  Her MV was great too. Now Kana gets to be the centre maybe she'll get Aqua's attention? 
Also Ruby noticed Akane- Ai connection, hope she meets her in person soon

Jun 14, 2023 2:42 PM
Oct 2022
i dont know who is the best character in this episode, Mem or Kana?
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Any reason why Idol became overwhelmingly popular?

Mattenan - Yesterday

46 by ZST_1 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2681 by WSP__2 »»
May 24, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

680 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.