Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Lock
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2023 1:14 PM
Jan 2021
AN AMAZING EPISODE MY GOD.
Mar 25, 2023 1:18 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
it´s a great anime because is adapted at our times and our busy lives and where we have that desire to be the best !!! kekeke
Mar 25, 2023 1:25 PM
Oct 2020
Extremely hype episode, i loved the reveals of the 35 people who made it through. Makes me excited for season 2, or maybe ill even read the manga if it takes months to release
Mar 25, 2023 1:30 PM
Apr 2022
great anime with an alright ending. The episode continues off from the last episode where isagi joined up with Rin, Bachira, aryu and the really strong guy(can't remember his name). They were put to the test against the world 5 in an assesment match which 6 other teams also played but pretty much got humbled and lost 1-5. The rest of the episode kind of set the scene for what season 2 is gonna look like with the Japanese board trying to cancel the blue lock project so they agreed to play against u20 Japan and if they win they get to hijack the squad (blue lock 11 would become u20 Japan). In terms of my opinion on this episode I was expecting a bit more of an intense finale especially since the episode 23 was also relaxed but I guess they ajd to set the scene for what's to come and leave us hungry for s2. I gave this show an 9 only because some of the CGI sucked and cause the last 2 episodes were a bit boring.
Mar 25, 2023 1:35 PM
Apr 2021
man that goal was crazy
Mar 25, 2023 1:44 PM

Dec 2021
The last speech of Isagi literally gave me goosebumps.

Mar 25, 2023 1:50 PM

Oct 2009
No additional time here - at least, not after the episode. The whole English study room session was the additional time segment, if you ask me, incorporated into the episode itself. Freaking hilarious from the first frame to the last.

Fancy bringing in a whole buncha new people we've seen neither hide nor hair before, though. You'd think if they're good enough to make it this far, there would've been some name drops along the way somewhere... oh well.

Looking forward to S2 and the movie.
Mar 25, 2023 2:10 PM
Jul 2022
zero_uchiha said:
5/10 for me.
Would have rated it 6/10 if these lines didn't exist:
"In soccer, the one who scores the most is the greatest "🤡
"Soccer exists for strikers" WTF?💀

yea man ot felt cringe it was anime original they should have put something different like soccer is not abt team-work but one ability to make the team work
Mar 25, 2023 2:11 PM

Dec 2016
Wow, it's really been 6 months. Sure doesn't feel like it. An interesting ride all the way; I was hyped before it aired and I'm hyped for the next outing. 

Lock off.

Why would I spend my time watching shows I don't like? 💢
Mar 25, 2023 2:14 PM

Jul 2010
What a cliffhanger man... I am going to binge through manga once I am done with Billy Bat and SBR.

Pretty solid 7/10. Liked some of the ideas, some of the characters, designs are SICK. Would have rated higher if not for shitty animation.
Mar 25, 2023 2:23 PM
Oct 2020
allemaal mbappé simps
Mar 25, 2023 2:35 PM

Jan 2010
I kind of knew that besides of creating the best strike of the world, creating the best team was too an objective.

remember the brazil of the five 10's?, now see an team with 11 strikers, lol in real life it doesn't work but I'm looking foward to this in the second season.
Mar 25, 2023 2:35 PM
Dec 2022
This was one of if not the best sport anime I have seen in a while really like how the story played out loved each character dynamic and their egos and 5he way they end it off was solid honestly 11/10, people who think I'm wrong about this being the best sport anime I would disagree,can't wait for season 2 almost done with the manga so pretty hyped about it.
Mar 25, 2023 2:48 PM

Feb 2021
The way they speak English is so funny lmao
Mar 25, 2023 2:50 PM

Jul 2021
Don't get me wrong, I liked the anime. Nonetheless, this has the potential to be the most overrated show of the year.
Mar 25, 2023 2:57 PM
Jul 2021
good show but the accents for the World five were fucking terrible holy shit lmaoo
Mar 25, 2023 2:58 PM
Feb 2022
so good, cant wait for u20 match
Mar 25, 2023 2:58 PM
Jul 2022
One of the best anime I've ever seen. Score: 8.8
Mar 25, 2023 3:00 PM
Jun 2021
Considering the fact this was not even the peak or best part of Blue Lock, the season 1 did really well

However some of the anime original dialogues didn't fit it well and also the animation from the top looked weird in episode ranging 15-19

But I have to acknowledge the fact that both OP & ED slapped hard in both cours

I am gonna save my precious 10 rating for the second peak season, 8/10 for this one

Hyped for the season 2, cause finally the shit is going to be real! I hope we get another 24 episodes series but that seems highly unlikely considering the fact they will just cover Blue Lock vs U-19 Japan which might require 13-16 episodes at max
Mar 25, 2023 3:01 PM

Apr 2013
6/10, the fun the series gave me can't overcome the amount of cringe dialogue and subpar animation that was present throughout the first season.
Mar 25, 2023 3:05 PM
Dec 2021
Amazing anime, I am eagerly waiting for season 2.
Mar 25, 2023 3:07 PM
Dec 2019
Nice way to end thing for season 1 hope Kunigami gets back in somehow. Can't wait for season 2!
Mar 25, 2023 3:09 PM

Jul 2016
Bruh... Kunigami out but freaking Igarashi in? I call bullshit.
Also what's with the personalities of The World Five? Easily the worst depiction of nationalities I have seen in a while.

Anyways, pretty mediocre show overall. Clearly not for people who take football seriously because man did this anime's philosophy disrespect the sport at times.
There were some hype moments here and there but not gonna lie, I felt bored during most of the episodes. Most of the characters were annoying asf and the dialogues were simply awful. The fact of the characters being teenagers doesn't mean they have to act like cringey edgelords 24/7.

5/10
Mar 25, 2023 3:10 PM

Nov 2017
NOO KUNIGAMI!!!! NOT YOU, NOT AFTER ALL YOU HAVE DONE!! 😭 😭 

I can't wait for the second season and the movie about Nagi!
Mar 25, 2023 3:26 PM

Jul 2014
And we say “see you soon” to one of the best sport anime out there. This season was a blast and I got hooked immediately since the first selection started. I’ll miss the times I get so hyped watching it. Was a fun journey and Blue Lock has proved itself one of the most unique sport anime along with the intense atmosphere it delivers

I’ll be sure to watch season 2 and the movie coming soon. 8/10
Mar 25, 2023 3:43 PM

May 2015
Meh, that were some cringy lines from English-speaking players, lol.

And... I'm not really interested in watching the next season.

It was entertaining enough, but I got tired of the show in recent episodes, too much edge and not enough substance.
Mar 25, 2023 3:44 PM
Apr 2022
Bruh the Engrish is so bad I just came here to read what happened just so I don't have to watch the episode.
Mar 25, 2023 3:45 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
RIP Kunigami. He was a good guy. I wonder if that is really the last we'll see of him.

Good ending to the season. I was so worried that it was going to end terribly awkward in the middle of this world five match. But I was worried for nothing: The world five crush them in rapid fashion, with enough time to cover quite a lot of other stuff as well. We see the other teams who have passed this stage, holding the 35 remaining players. And the pacing doesn't show any signs of slowing down, with not more of these selection stages, but rather the very existence of blue lock being at stake, and having to go up against Japan's U-20 team to not only save it, but BECOME it. 

I'll give it a low-8/10. It was kind of dumb at times, but all of its moments of extreme hype more than make up for whatever weak points it has. Looking forward to season 2.

8.1/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 25, 2023 3:50 PM
Jun 2016
Fucking epic!! Though I am soo sad about kurigami.
Mar 25, 2023 3:50 PM
Jan 2022
love it blue lock read manga
Mar 25, 2023 3:51 PM
Sep 2016
best anime 2023 best anime 2023
Mar 25, 2023 4:59 PM

May 2021
Don't usually mind it but man Loki's Engrish in this episode was genuinely atrocious.

Anyway, hopefully season 2 will be less still frames and more actual animation.
MuZe-Mar 25, 2023 5:02 PM
Mar 25, 2023 5:03 PM

Jun 2022
This can't be the end of Kunigami, right???
Mar 25, 2023 5:10 PM

Sep 2018
What a really fun surprise of a show, watching this week to week was a total blast. Animation stumbled quite a bit more often than I'd like, but I felt it was more than made up for with some incredibly striking direction and imagery, it manages to sell all of its big moments effortlessly well. Really looking forward to Season 2 and Episode Nagi.

Also seeing people here complain about the dialogue does sting a bit, since I feel like the cheesy, unhinged, over-the-top edginess of its dialogue is one of the most charming aspects of the series.
Mar 25, 2023 5:29 PM
Jan 2023
Can't wait to see how Blue Lock vs U-20 Japan match will be animated!!!
Mar 25, 2023 5:29 PM

Apr 2010
Kunigami... NUOOOOOO

Fantastic show overall, great pacing and interesting unique characters. 9/10
Mar 25, 2023 5:31 PM

Sep 2011
Good finale.  Probably gonna read the manga while I wait for season 2.

I'm curious though.  Only seven teams made it but statistically as many as forty-nine teams could have made it.  Did Ego ever mention a time limit?  Or did he just wake up one day and said "All right you've had long enough"
Mar 25, 2023 5:36 PM

Apr 2022
THE GOAT SHIDOU IS HERE RYUUSEI IS FINALLY HERE. also yukimiya, hiyori and nanase. and the return of other familiar faces.
didn't expect shidou to be voiced by gojo's VA tho.

can't wait to see more of shidou's insanity animated, hope the next season has better animation tho. pretty sure the reception of this season has been mostly positive so it should.
strong 8/10 for me, animation is the only thing that pulled it back. can't wait for the next arc, best arc in blue lock and best new gen arc imo!
Mar 25, 2023 6:10 PM

Sep 2018
All I could think about this episode was the image of a bunch of Japanese voice actors looking down, reading and struggling from a script, and being asked to do the English again until it's "passable" lol...\

Overall, it was an alright anime, thought the setting and plot would be a little more interesting when I first started this show. 6/10.
Mar 25, 2023 6:10 PM
Jul 2014
zero_uchiha said:
5/10 for me.
Would have rated it 6/10 if  these lines didn't exist:
"In soccer, the one who scores the most is the greatest "🤡
"Soccer exists for strikers" WTF?💀
Lol why are you acting as if this type of dialogue wasn't prevalent throughout the entire first season?
Mar 25, 2023 6:24 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Dude. I. AM. SHOOK.

Crazy good final episode and insane season (despite the animation flaws and cringy English). 10/10.

By about 12 eps in I had decided that this was already one of my favourite anime all time XD

Bro I cannot believe Kunigami didn't make it through. The way they hyped it up for the last person to enter, only for it to be this Shidou guy. Bruhhh. I feel like an anime character just died!!

Surely the whole "you'll never be allowed to play for Japan" rule was just a trick to up the stakes. It'd be a waste of talent for only one of these 300 to be eligible, tbh.

I've got so many things to comment on. Maybe I'll have to make a vid about this haha.
Mar 25, 2023 6:30 PM
Jun 2021
Good ending and great season 1
I love Blue lock but the only thing i kinda get annoyed is the action on the pitch doesn't seem a whole lot like haikyuu and yea i know different sport
1 got not many actions while football its different... I'm just bit eh about the animation on the pitch i dont have an issue with the use of cg and that but hopefully season 2 can be a lot better and i'm sure the movie is going to be high quality i hope 
nonetheless i enjoyed blue lock and excited for season 2 cba waiting though so might as well pick up on the manga 
Mar 25, 2023 6:30 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
KANLen09 said:

Blue Lock is Wild, and there's Season 2 and the spin-off Episode Nagi movie incoming!

https://twitter.com/BLUELOCK_PR/status/1639676014656892933?cxt=HHwWisDRhbyppsEtAAAA

I am so f*cking hype!! Just added both of these to my list :D

Gonna have to try my best not to read the manga XD
Mar 25, 2023 6:44 PM

Sep 2016
They massacred my dude Loki Mbappe... what the fuck was that voice...
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 25, 2023 7:22 PM

Jul 2013
Great conclusion for the first season. Of course the world top 5 were just superior in every possible way. Isagi and thr rest simply stood no chance, but this was the best possible experience Ego could've given them. Rin was the only one being frustrated over the lost match, which is another reason why he's still ahead of Isagi.

Since there was so much money involved getting the world top 5 to play against the Blue Lock teams, I had a feeling some of the bigwigs would upset. Canceling the Blue Lock project on the other hand was nothing I expected. Ego saying that he wants to show results in a big match initially made me wonder what team the Blue Lock boys would play.

The scene after where Rin served as an English tutor was just too funny, especially when Bachira was triggering him even more :D

The third selection has finally begun. I was so curious about who actually made it, not only from the old team Z, but also from all the stronger players we've seen Isagi go up against. There were lots of familiar as well as new faces of people we've never seen before. Kunigami not being on any team was quite shocking and didn't feel right to me. Why do I feel that we'll see him again?

So 3 weeks until the Blue Lock selection will play against japans under-20s team. I can't even imagine how crazy this match will be.

I had so much fun with Blue Lock over the last 6 months. This was exactly the type of sports anime I was waiting for and it kinda awakened something inside of me, which I thought I had lost a long time ago. The desire to play football again which is definitely mind-blowing to me.

Anyways, I'm super pumped for what's to come in the second season. 8bit did a great job with the animation, especially in key moments and we don't have to talk about the incredible job all of the voice actors did. Thanks for such enjoyable ride so far. Until then.

Rating: 9/10   

Mar 25, 2023 7:47 PM
Mar 2015
Time to fight for me against Japan U20
Mar 25, 2023 8:04 PM
Sep 2021
The 1st half was decent, but the 2nd half really upped the game, enjoyed the characters, their developments the matches of the 2nd part were really good. Overall i enjoyed this season.
Mar 25, 2023 8:33 PM
May 2021
the season finale has me even more excited for season 2. it was definitely frustrating for them to lose to the world top five, but it was also realistic and needed so that they could understand they're nowhere near as good as they have to be.

ofc people want to shut down the program, but the blue lock team will for sure beat the japan u-20 team and show them the results they want in season 2.

lots of new characters(and pretty ones too, omg) that im looking forward to meeting and learning more about next season. assuming all 35 won't be able to be on the team, im hoping isagi and the others are able to make the team. especially rin, because i think it'll be essential growth for his character to play against his older brother.

anyway im just really hyped for the next season. i hope it comes soon!!
My 2023 candies:
Mar 25, 2023 8:56 PM

Feb 2022
I can only say that this anime with its first season made me realize the beauty of sports in general, so this anime for me is one of the best sports animes, if not the best.

I loved this episode, to see how the world quintet completely humiliated Rin and Isagi's team, and above all this humiliation showed us an emotion that we never saw from Rin, which is despair, frustration and anger

Seeing so many players classified for the sub-20 phase aroused a great interest in me to know the qualities of each of the new players that we have seen, but that will be seen in the next and already confirmed second season.

It was an honor to see this great series week by week, I am going to wait very desperately for the second season

Thank you for so many joys, Season 1 of Blue Lock
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2022

223 by rahneyskies »»
May 20, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2022

760 by bubba460z »»
May 19, 11:53 PM

» Why is it a power point?

Leon888 - May 14

46 by Kaitaka12 »»
May 16, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

130 by Cammell »»
May 9, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

184 by Cammell »»
May 8, 3:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.