Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Lock
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 4, 2023 11:34 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Barou's an absolute beast

But unfortunately, Rin is just even more of a beast

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 5, 2023 3:15 AM

Apr 2018
Isagi and Rin's scene in the anime was quite dull compared to the manga, but it wasn't bad tbh. Still a great episode, only wished it was smoother. Can't complain about Barou, the goat as usual.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Mar 5, 2023 3:26 AM
Jan 2022
King Barou had returned and Rin is taking this game seriously as ever he did in his career. And my man Isagi is Evolving
Mar 5, 2023 3:36 AM

Feb 2011
TheMangaManiac said:
Hatsuyuki said:
It's a shame how poorly handled this anime is. This is why i'm always reluctant when I'm watching sports anime, you just can't have a fun sports anime without good animation, because sports inherently imply movement. The anime had so much potential to just be crazy campy fun like Kuroko if it had the same production value. At this point every episode is just a slideshow with narrated and worse looking manga panels, and it's depressing.
I've watched Kuroko years ago. I wonder if I didn't care back then or didn't notice cheap quality there? Because to me Kuroko was incredible hype show, I really can't remember any crappy CGI models or slide show.

I meant to say that Kuroko looked very good, and Blue Lock would've been just as fun as Kuroko if it was close to it in terms of production. Sadly Blue Lock's production is a mess 
Mar 5, 2023 4:03 AM

Feb 2014
King Barou waiting in for the hunt. That was a greeting from hell.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 5, 2023 4:04 AM
Jul 2013
Siento que entre más capítulos toman un partido, más se le queda cara de Super campeones a Blue Lock.

Y sin malinterpretarme, hay momentos entretenidos, pero me gustaba mucho el dinamismo de los primeros capítulos, donde un solo encuentro era un episodio.
Mar 5, 2023 6:25 AM

Jun 2019
I've faith in Bachira. I think he's gonna apeshit in the next episode when he finally listens to his monster. Right now, Isagi and Rin are controlling the field.
Mar 5, 2023 6:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yeah sure was intense with Rin's play while I like Bachira's questions about his place in the match and his goals
Mar 5, 2023 8:19 AM

Jun 2022
I really love how Isagi was willing to get devoured by Barou in order to score. It is becoming more clear that there is a big difference in the skillsets of isagi and Bachira.
Mar 5, 2023 9:48 AM

Dec 2020
Did Rin really use the word NPC?? He is such a big edge-lord lmao. Can't wait for him to lose. Gonna happen someday.

Also lol Isagi will probably hype up Rin even if he just walks around the pitch.
Mar 5, 2023 10:32 AM
Feb 2017
Este episódio foi muito bom!
Mar 5, 2023 11:05 AM

May 2019
Another great episode and I also think that Bachira will evolve next but my concern is that if he evolves that may mean that his team wins since they are already up 4-3. On that note, I don't believe that Isagi has scored so he's also due for a goal. I'm thinking Isagi will score next to make it 4-4 and then who knows what happens next? It will probably involve Bachira though but regardless of what happens I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 5, 2023 11:08 AM
Dec 2022
Holy shit... Blue Lock started off good but it fell off pretty damn fast. What absolute garbage.

Bad dialogue. Shitty animations. One dimensional characters.

This episode made me angry enough to write a comment lmao
Mar 5, 2023 4:46 PM
Jul 2021
The hype works and all. I don't usually care about some cg in between actions but it seems like its starting to have more and more cg throughout the eps. I'd watch the cool moments and then get a little thrown off by the cg
Mar 5, 2023 7:53 PM

Aug 2019
Everybody is an NPC in Rin’s view.
Mar 5, 2023 8:46 PM
Jul 2021
itsPie said:
Holy shit... Blue Lock started off good but it fell off pretty damn fast. What absolute garbage.

Bad dialogue. Shitty animations. One dimensional characters.

This episode made me angry enough to write a comment lmao

Yeah I'm trying to enjoy it but ngl, this adaptation is not doing justice to the absolute banger manga. Hope they up the quality of the next season or have another studio such as Production IG take over the reins.
Mar 5, 2023 9:09 PM

Nov 2008
Are we about to witness the evolution of Bachira?
To Seek Perfection Is To Seek Solitude
Mar 5, 2023 9:42 PM
Jan 2023
isn't it already out?
Mar 6, 2023 4:39 AM

Dec 2020
kakeguruitwinxx said:
troilus_05s said:
Did Rin really use the word NPC?? He is such a big edge-lord lmao. Can't wait for him to lose. Gonna happen someday.

Also lol Isagi will probably hype up Rin even if he just walks around the pitch.

He did say "mobukara (mob character)" lol so yeah it's NPC.

Ohhh okay lol
Thank you for the answer!
Mar 6, 2023 4:47 AM
Jan 2022
Bachira is like someone who suffers from mental illness and is very obsessed with having friends
Mar 6, 2023 6:27 AM

Nov 2013
i swear that freaking Ego guy is never impressed lol
when teaming up with Nagi, Isagi can beat Rin... next step... being able to beat him alone

starting the second half, Rin with a spin pass that tricked Barou, before positioning to get the ball back and instantly throw it to the glam guy... who had no choice but to give it back to Rin
Nagi went to try and black his shoot, while remembering the fake from earlier... but Rin passed by him and instantly passed to Bachira who scored a goal, with Isagi still looking for the ball LOL Rin really is controlling the game, knowing all 7 of the other players skills and how to make them move to achieve his goal
"what made you think a mere NPC like you could read me?" lols rekt
Bachira wanted an high5 but he got called NPC#2 instead hahaha
this Rin guy talks like Barou but has 100x better skills
Barou's face, we know he is gonna go for a kill soon

Isagi started but seeing Rin come for him, he passed it to Chigiri, who went to the inside, passing through his opponent... Rin came for him, which made him pass it to Nagi on the opposite side
while all eyes were on Nagi, Isagi went for the blind spot and got in a good spot to shoot... but ofc, Rin is 10x faster than him and blocked his course
finally, after waiting for his chance, Barou came in like a lion, stealing the ball from his own teammate, confusing everyone, including Rin and scoring the goal
"why don't you try to control me, mr absurdly long bottom lashes" lmao
Barou looking good now with all that dark electricity around him, he is excited

while Isagi is trying to make plans to use Barou's strange style, Rin already took note of it, won't happen a second time

the new plan from Isagi is to have Chigiri press whoever has the ball, while the other 3 cut possible passes ... lol he just appears near the opponent so fast that they have no time to react

Bachira somehow passed through Chigiri, and even managed to go through Isagi, but Barou came to steal the ball ... Rin managed to react and stop him just in time, but he couldn't predict it before it happened

Bachira is excited to finally have strong players who can keep up with him unlike the ones before blue lock... but atm, he is no match for the 2 genius ... so is it time for a power-up?

while everyone is starting to get tired, the gloomy guy just has infinite stamina, so rin is using him to quickly advance to the goal before the others can catch up to them
Chigiri and Barou crashed into him so they both got yellow cards
lmfao Barou excuse "i was just hugging the guy" as if that's not a fault :D meanwhile Chigiri called her a useless VAR

with this free kick, Isagi was worried about jumping and losing his timing to go press BAchira if Rin decided to pass... but Rin knew about his indecision and threw the ball just over Isagi's head, knowing he wouldn't jump ... what the f lmao
there was never 2 choices, Rin scoring is the only choice, he wants t be the best striker after all
and with that. Rin team is winning 4-3 ... one more goal and they win
Bachira continues with his monologue, i'd say (again) his power up is coming... but now that the game is 4-3, he can't really show off or Isagi will lose... does the author want Isagi to go down again? this time possibly losing his favorite teammate Nagi?

aditional time, with long bangs guy teaming up with baka glasses guy, who will be the 3rd one? (i don't care tbh...)
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 6, 2023 6:43 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
winddevil1 said:
i swear that freaking Ego guy is never impressed lol
when teaming up with Nagi, Isagi can beat Rin... next step... being able to beat him alone

starting the second half, Rin with a spin pass that tricked Barou, before positioning to get the ball back and instantly throw it to the glam guy... who had no choice but to give it back to Rin
Nagi went to try and black his shoot, while remembering the fake from earlier... but Rin passed by him and instantly passed to Bachira who scored a goal, with Isagi still looking for the ball LOL Rin really is controlling the game, knowing all 7 of the other players skills and how to make them move to achieve his goal
"what made you think a mere NPC like you could read me?" lols rekt
Bachira wanted an high5 but he got called NPC#2 instead hahaha
this Rin guy talks like Barou but has 100x better skills
Barou's face, we know he is gonna go for a kill soon

Isagi started but seeing Rin come for him, he passed it to Chigiri, who went to the inside, passing through his opponent... Rin came for him, which made him pass it to Nagi on the opposite side
while all eyes were on Nagi, Isagi went for the blind spot and got in a good spot to shoot... but ofc, Rin is 10x faster than him and blocked his course
finally, after waiting for his chance, Barou came in like a lion, stealing the ball from his own teammate, confusing everyone, including Rin and scoring the goal
"why don't you try to control me, mr absurdly long bottom lashes" lmao
Barou looking good now with all that dark electricity around him, he is excited

while Isagi is trying to make plans to use Barou's strange style, Rin already took note of it, won't happen a second time

the new plan from Isagi is to have Chigiri press whoever has the ball, while the other 3 cut possible passes ... lol he just appears near the opponent so fast that they have no time to react

Bachira somehow passed through Chigiri, and even managed to go through Isagi, but Barou came to steal the ball ... Rin managed to react and stop him just in time, but he couldn't predict it before it happened

Bachira is excited to finally have strong players who can keep up with him unlike the ones before blue lock... but atm, he is no match for the 2 genius ... so is it time for a power-up?

while everyone is starting to get tired, the gloomy guy just has infinite stamina, so rin is using him to quickly advance to the goal before the others can catch up to them
Chigiri and Barou crashed into him so they both got yellow cards
lmfao Barou excuse "i was just hugging the guy" as if that's not a fault :D meanwhile Chigiri called her a useless VAR

with this free kick, Isagi was worried about jumping and losing his timing to go press BAchira if Rin decided to pass... but Rin knew about his indecision and threw the ball just over Isagi's head, knowing he wouldn't jump ... what the f lmao
there was never 2 choices, Rin scoring is the only choice, he wants t be the best striker after all
and with that. Rin team is winning 4-3 ... one more goal and they win
Bachira continues with his monologue, i'd say (again) his power up is coming... but now that the game is 4-3, he can't really show off or Isagi will lose... does the author want Isagi to go down again? this time possibly losing his favorite teammate Nagi?

aditional time, with long bangs guy teaming up with baka glasses guy, who will be the 3rd one? (i don't care tbh...)

This anime must be the all time favorite of Bruno Penandes..

Mar 6, 2023 7:21 AM

Nov 2013
ryo-san said:

lol i haven't been paying attention to football recently, but wasn't Bruno one of the best players in United a couple years ago? has he been doing that badly?
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 6, 2023 7:34 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
winddevil1 said:
ryo-san said:

lol i haven't been paying attention to football recently, but wasn't Bruno one of the best players in United a couple years ago? has he been doing that badly?

Just check the score from yesterday... I've never been so embarrassed.. And what he did during the game..
fans have turned against him

Mar 6, 2023 8:11 AM
Dec 2022
This episode was like 70% cgi. I hope they step up their game in the next season
Mar 6, 2023 9:33 AM
Nov 2021
BRUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS FUCKING CGI AND THIS FUCKING ANIMAION + THE AUROS ARE LIKE WHOLE DIFFERENT SHIT (about to cry fr)
Mar 6, 2023 1:09 PM

May 2021
Oh an NPC calling the MC an NPC is tight. Probably psychological warfare in this case, knowing Rin.

I genuinely can't remember the last time Blue Lock had a throw-in.

Loved Barou being Barou. Either this or Jojo are going to end up making me gay.

Mar 6, 2023 2:21 PM

Jul 2016
Is Anri just there for Ego to make fun of? Poor girl.

Not as hype as the previous episode but still entertaining nonetheless. Barou "outsmarting" Rin because he's irrational like that was cool.
Mar 6, 2023 2:55 PM
Feb 2022
Amazing, like always
Mar 6, 2023 3:53 PM
Apr 2020
the animation went downhill from episode 7
Mar 6, 2023 4:40 PM

Nov 2012
Is the birthday wine or is Rin sexy af? If I were a teenaged animated girl....! 
Mar 7, 2023 4:28 AM
Mar 2023
As a manga reader I was sad to see that Bachira's realization was not as impactfull in the anime as it was in the manga. He's my favorite character and his questioning throughout this match is really important for his development. Also they're adapting a lot of chapters per episode, I'm starting to question where exactly the anime is gonna end, unless they make an episode dedicated to Reo and Kinigami's match I don't see how they're gonna drag Isagi's match for the next 4 episodes.
Mar 7, 2023 4:33 AM

Sep 2013
Vampiir said:
As a manga reader I was sad to see that Bachira's realization was not as impactfull in the anime as it was in the manga. He's my favorite character and his questioning throughout this match is really important for his development. Also they're adapting a lot of chapters per episode, I'm starting to question where exactly the anime is gonna end, unless they make an episode dedicated to Reo and Kinigami's match I don't see how they're gonna drag Isagi's match for the next 4 episodes.

There are only 3 episodes left. If they continue to cover 5 chapters an episode like they are doing, they can finish the season at chapter 94, which is a very appropriate ending to the season.
TorribleMar 7, 2023 4:40 AM
Mar 7, 2023 7:05 AM
Jan 2023
this episode was W Rizz
Mar 7, 2023 1:31 PM
Sep 2017
Baru is on fire !!!!!
Mar 7, 2023 3:51 PM
Sep 2017
nice episode, i love this anime
Mar 7, 2023 3:53 PM
Mar 2023
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Mar 7, 2023 6:12 PM
Jan 2021
It's literally awesome how this show is progressing and I hope it releases its next season very quick
Mar 7, 2023 9:30 PM

Jan 2019
For the love of God PLEASE give me some actual animation beyond simply a "passable" level of quality besides some goal shots, I'm getting sick of this.
At this point, it feels like the VFX team are putting more effort into this than the actual animators. 

I don't like to be someone who criticizes the animation of an anime most of the time, I care more about the story honestly, but this is getting absolutely ridiculous. Give me at least one thing to remember from the past few episodes and say to myself "Yeah, that was hype as fuck".
ElucidMar 7, 2023 9:33 PM
Mar 7, 2023 10:46 PM
Dec 2022
great animation how strategically they work together is absolutely insasne
Mar 8, 2023 8:48 PM

Jan 2017
While Isagi's team has Barou to break through Rin's team, the latter has both Tokimitsu and Rin with their above average stamina to completely destroy teams late-game

I don't think Barou can compete against Tokimitsu in the stamina department so seeing how Isagi will counter this will be hype
Mar 9, 2023 1:00 AM
Oct 2019
God damn Anri-chan 😍
even though she only have little screen time, it's always appreciated.

This episode was so intense, it flew by feels like 5 min.

Now could Bachira surprised us more?
Mar 9, 2023 5:39 AM
Sep 2019
Completa masterpiece del arte animada japonesa, la unica cagada es q dicen soccer.
Mar 9, 2023 5:54 AM
Aug 2016
barou masterclass on move!!!
Mar 9, 2023 8:04 AM
Mar 2021
It was better in the manga
Mar 9, 2023 11:21 AM
Jun 2022
i started liking soccer after this anime
Mar 9, 2023 4:15 PM
Mar 2023
Where Bachira Levelup ?
Mar 9, 2023 9:43 PM
Mar 2015
Hard to keep up with monsters
Mar 9, 2023 11:05 PM

Oct 2008
Another Intense EP!
the reason why Rin is rank 1 is because he has the ability to quickly adapt and use that to counter any kind of plan the opponent does but of course the unexpected part by Barou is a given haha alolz
looks like this match might end next ep or maybe cliffhanger for the winning point lelz hype!
5/5.

Mar 10, 2023 10:05 AM

May 2018
good battle. Can't wait to see if Isagi's team has a chance of winning this
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Nov 5, 2022

213 by Yoshibocchi »»
Yesterday, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2023

345 by Saidhiraj18 »»
Jun 5, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2023

133 by ooospooky »»
Jun 3, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2023

165 by ooospooky »»
May 31, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2022

223 by rahneyskies »»
May 20, 2:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.