Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 7, 2022 5:12 AM
Jun 2022
Doesn't look like my wish is getting fulfilled anymore.
Dec 7, 2022 5:27 AM
Jan 2017
As long as the quality is somewhere between S1 and S2 I'll be satisfied. If it's on par with S1 I'll feel blessed
Dec 7, 2022 5:39 AM
Jul 2018
At this point mappa should made every new anime and make their employees be immortal so they can animate them
Dec 7, 2022 8:20 AM

Feb 2017
ehh, don't want MAPPA to waste their time with this
Dec 7, 2022 8:37 AM
Mar 2021
xacier2006 said:
AbelDande said:
https://twitter.com/shonenleaks/status/1600304393332531202?s=46&t=5idCySs-ElhZfbiPAfRYFQ
MAPPA is the new studio.
Please take this as a grain of salt and wait for official announcement.
At least it’s not J.C.Staff but IDK how I feel about MAPPA. Well at least it will look amazing.

Welp mappa gonna ruin one punch man just like how they ruined chainsaw man
Nope! We can't say anything before we see it with our own eyes. I don't like some anime form Cloverworks when they are new in anime, but I like what they are making right now.
Dec 7, 2022 8:50 AM

Aug 2012
As much as I've been enjoying MAPPA recently,
I don't think they're very qualified with making anime with giant monsters cuz the cgi isn't usually very good.
Also I don't think the style will fit with One Punch Man at all.
I think it'll be good, but it probably will be worse than season 2.
Only time will tell though
Dec 7, 2022 9:05 AM
Jun 2019
Obligatory reminder that the studio is not the end all be all of animation quality. The staff working on the anime is much more important. If you see Shingo Natsume as the director for S3, be happy.

It's also good that they're working on less shows compared to 2 years ago. My man Sung Hoo Park directed both GoH and JJK back-to-back in 2020. Yuuichiro Hayashi also did Dorohedoro and AoT in the same year despite the pandemic.

In reality, MAPPA's older staff are working on 3 anime only. The rest are from the help of amazing producers like Seshimo and migrating staff from Wit. That's pretty manageable when you have 310 employees. Alice movie and other MAPPA movies have flexible schedules, so they don't affect animation quality at all. Just look at the Yuri on Ice movie for example, it still has no release date.
zarraphaDec 7, 2022 9:27 AM
Hi
Dec 7, 2022 10:48 AM
Jul 2020
xacier2006 said:
AbelDande said:
https://twitter.com/shonenleaks/status/1600304393332531202?s=46&t=5idCySs-ElhZfbiPAfRYFQ
MAPPA is the new studio.
Please take this as a grain of salt and wait for official announcement.
At least it’s not J.C.Staff but IDK how I feel about MAPPA. Well at least it will look amazing.

Welp mappa gonna ruin one punch man just like how they ruined chainsaw man

how did mappa ruin chainsaw Man💀
Dec 7, 2022 11:30 AM

Mar 2011
Why I'am not suprised by this, anyway without Natsume Shingo and his friend this project will be mid tier like J.C. Staff adaptation.
Dec 7, 2022 2:04 PM
Nov 2019
Lol, all you have to do to get the anime community's panties in a bunch is slap the MAPPA name on to something, I don't think i've seen any other studio get this much hate. It's honestly getting ridiculous at this point
Dec 7, 2022 2:09 PM
May 2013
TheFounder131 said:
Not mappa again, I like mappa's work but I am tired seeing them everywhere. I really hoped that bones took OPM S3. And Rip animators, they ain't seeing the daylight.

if they do good work, why does it matter?

MAPPA has a massive staff for an anime studio, and they contract lots of animators both domestically and internationally. they will be fine.
Dec 7, 2022 2:35 PM
Feb 2021
Icebreaker93 said:
Why I'am not suprised by this, anyway without Natsume Shingo and his friend this project will be mid tier like J.C. Staff adaptation.

Mappa’s worst > JC’s best, no way you comparing them lol
Dec 7, 2022 3:30 PM
Oct 2021
Ang-nrd said:
V1P3R0P said:

Solo leveling is produced by A-1 Pictures for Aniplex of America.

Where on Earth did you even hear/read that?

ok chill aparently it was a spread rumor jeez

maybe actually do research before claiming something?
Candy:
Dec 7, 2022 9:57 PM

Aug 2015
So does One Punch Man change studio for every season? it is kind of strange how unorganized both the anime and the manga is, the anime changes studios with every season and the manga is handled as a side-hobby webcomic adaption, without consistent schedule

on the other side Mob Psycho was handled a lot more organized and consistently both the anime and the manga, the same studio made a complete adaption of 3 seasons and the manga also had consistent release schedule
Dec 7, 2022 11:47 PM
Feb 2021
Elfezen said:
So does One Punch Man change studio for every season? it is kind of strange how unorganized both the anime and the manga is, the anime changes studios with every season and the manga is handled as a side-hobby webcomic adaption, without consistent schedule

on the other side Mob Psycho was handled a lot more organized and consistently both the anime and the manga, the same studio made a complete adaption of 3 seasons and the manga also had consistent release schedule

For S2 it’s because Shingo Natsume was busy on other projects and Madhouse eventually fell off.
No reason stated for S3 change but highly because of the negative reviews S2 have.
Dec 7, 2022 11:54 PM
May 2019
Shidoteki said:
I don't think they're very qualified with making anime with giant monsters cuz the cgi isn't usually very good.

You forgot bat devil and eternity devil were full 2d, also there is no mappa style.
Dec 8, 2022 12:00 AM

Mar 2011
OvergrownRover said:
Icebreaker93 said:

Mappa’s worst > JC’s best, no way you comparing them lol

When I said Mappa worst, I said midtier.MAPPA daihard fans thinks when they touch something it is godtier, not everything MAPPA have done is good only recent 2-3 animes are good.
Dec 8, 2022 12:02 AM

Dec 2019
Please release it at least 2025, they have too many at this point
Dec 8, 2022 3:54 AM

Dec 2020
rtil said:
TheFounder131 said:
Not mappa again, I like mappa's work but I am tired seeing them everywhere. I really hoped that bones took OPM S3. And Rip animators, they ain't seeing the daylight.

if they do good work, why does it matter?

MAPPA has a massive staff for an anime studio, and they contract lots of animators both domestically and internationally. they will be fine.

Well cause bones does better job at adapting fights without using CGI.
Dec 8, 2022 4:17 AM

Aug 2012
dtg75 said:
Shidoteki said:

You forgot bat devil and eternity devil were full 2d, also there is no mappa style.

I mean their style of animation now is very realistic and with rotoscoping to save money
They did it in Shingeki, Jujutsu and Chainsaw Man
I didn't forget those monsters, but you can also look at shingeki
Dec 8, 2022 6:07 AM
May 2019
Shidoteki said:
dtg75 said:

I mean their style of animation now is very realistic and with rotoscoping to save money

There is almost no rotoscoping in chainsaw man though, realistic animation doesn't equals rotoscoping.
Dec 8, 2022 6:30 AM

Aug 2012
dtg75 said:
Shidoteki said:

There is almost no rotoscoping in chainsaw man though, realistic animation doesn't equals rotoscoping.

Theres a lot of rotoscoping and its literally a more realistic way of animating
Dec 8, 2022 12:02 PM

Jan 2021
MAPPA be doing everything lately, would have love if MAD house was doing it
Dec 8, 2022 2:48 PM

Sep 2016
Shidoteki said:
dtg75 said:

You seem a little confused. There's next to no rotoscoping in CSM, believe it or not. Even the most realistic animations are entirely done by hand by talented animators such as Kouki Fujimoto. Animating something to look that life-like without the use of rotoscoping is incredibly difficult and not many are able to achieve such results. You may not like that specific style but calling it something it isn't is just incorrect.
Dec 8, 2022 3:02 PM

Aug 2017
Ain't no way it's Mappa. That studio got a lot on their hands already. Too much on the plate.

Dec 8, 2022 4:08 PM

Aug 2012
Yogen-No-Ko said:
Shidoteki said:

You seem a little confused. There's next to no rotoscoping in CSM, believe it or not. Even the most realistic animations are entirely done by hand by talented animators such as Kouki Fujimoto. Animating something to look that life-like without the use of rotoscoping is incredibly difficult and not many are able to achieve such results. You may not like that specific style but calling it something it isn't is just incorrect.

Alright then maybe i just thought it looked like it, to be fair my biggest examples for the rotoscoping were for Shingeki no kyojin rather than chainsaw man.
And im not saying i dont like the style, im saying i dont think it fits one punch man
Dec 8, 2022 5:25 PM

Dec 2019
OPM in Mappa's style? That's a big no from me. I feel like the style of OPM just won't be expressed well by Mappa. God who the fuck is making them take on all these projects and why are they accepting? Get Bones and the S1 staff to do it, they'll give it some true flair.
Dec 8, 2022 7:39 PM
May 2019
TheAngryNerd said:
OPM in Mappa's style? That's a big no from me. I feel like the style of OPM just won't be expressed well by Mappa. God who the fuck is making them take on all these projects and why are they accepting? Get Bones and the S1 staff to do it, they'll give it some true flair.

Wdym mappa style? Every mappa show looks different, csm looks way different than dororo or dorohedoro etc. Style of the show depends on the staff that is working on it.
Dec 9, 2022 1:17 PM
Jul 2015
Mappa is gonna do well. Just that animating one punch man of all anime is gonna be so hard, because of how good and detailed the art is. I don't think it's gonna come out next year, if so the animators will not be alive to see 2024. They have way too many project next year. I saw a reddit post by mark reymer. He made a fan art of garou in mappa animation style and I liked it. Hope it looks that good. I don't mind cg as long as it blends well. I didn't mind the cg they did in Csm and aot. So I don't care. Poor animators though.
Dec 9, 2022 4:35 PM

May 2015
Khalil04 said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Those MAPPA animators are literally never gonna see their families again if this is true, MAPPA just keeps adding onto their workload 💀

Can we stop with this cringe meme? It's not funny anymore
There's multiple apartments with a lot of different staff for every work, and the production of such a big name most likely have been started earlier than we think...

You say this like each project they’re doing is gonna have completely different people on it. It’s not. They don’t have enough staff for there to be no one that has to work on multiple shows. And the more they accept, the worse it gets.

Dec 10, 2022 2:51 AM
Apr 2022
This is pretty concerning. MAPPA has taken a huge deal of projects which lead to big downsides in animation, I can't see this happening to opm. Hopefully MAPPA does well, if it is them.
Dec 12, 2022 1:58 AM

Jan 2021
So at last we will get to see cgi bald...
Im just kidding. I think it might look better than s2. Altho production matters. Let's see what happens
Dec 12, 2022 7:17 AM
Aug 2022
What the fuck is wrong with crappa. God I want this shitty studio to go bankrupt.
2020 attack on cgi
2022 cgiman
2024 one punch robot
Dec 12, 2022 7:43 PM
Nov 2017
Not everything on Twitter is true. Chances are, these people are idiots and will get the info wrong. The only logical studio that will take it is Bones right now but we'll just have to wait and see.
Dec 17, 2022 6:46 PM

May 2019
OPM manga Mosters HQ-Garou Arc is the ULTIMATE material for the most awesome adaptation of anime fights in the whole story of animation.

It's just TOO SAD if it were shitty handled by any studio.

Something level Japan 2020 Games of loss of historical chance.
Dec 21, 2022 12:44 AM
Jul 2020
Fr,wit or bones would be more fit opm animation style. Madhouse,ofc the perfect one,but we know it's impossible. Another show ruined I guess,I mean,after watching csm,I just,can't....
Dec 22, 2022 5:40 PM
Nov 2016
Is this really true? is MAPPA handling OPM S3? if that's the case, I'm fucking happy about it, I'm glad that J.C.Staff piece of crap is not handling this franchise anymore because they would have fucked it up again.

That being said, I'm concerned about the animators, MAPPA is handling a lot of high-quality animes so their animators must be on suicide watch at this point. I wanted Madhouse, Wit Studio, or UFOTABLE handling OPM S3 but MAPPA is the next best thing so I'm totally ok with it. I just hope this is true.
Dec 23, 2022 3:36 AM
Jun 2021
Zac22 said:
Fr,wit or bones would be more fit opm animation style. Madhouse,ofc the perfect one,but we know it's impossible. Another show ruined I guess,I mean,after watching csm,I just,can't....

🤡🤡🤡🤡Funny how u have audacity to say this when CSM got far better animation than ur faves
Dec 23, 2022 3:37 AM
Jun 2021
xZabuzax said:
Is this really true? is MAPPA handling OPM S3? if that's the case, I'm fucking happy about it, I'm glad that J.C.Staff piece of crap is not handling this franchise anymore because they would have fucked it up again.

That being said, I'm concerned about the animators, MAPPA is handling a lot of high-quality animes so their animators must be on suicide watch at this point. I wanted Madhouse, Wit Studio, or UFOTABLE handling OPM S3 but MAPPA is the next best thing so I'm totally ok with it. I just hope this is true.

Don't trust leaks imo.🗿
Dec 23, 2022 8:57 AM
Nov 2016
BlizzardBoy026 said:
xZabuzax said:

Don't trust leaks imo.🗿

Well shit, my day got ruined, the twitter account that leaked that false information got suspended so yeah, this isn't done by MAPPA as far as I'm aware, goddamn it!

For the love of God,  J.C.Staff, you better not touch OPM S3 with a 10-foot pole, stay away from it before you ruin another season.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Butchered Adaptation, No Hope.

Okeanix - Feb 29

40 by todd2580 »»
May 21, 1:23 PM

» Season 3 Director

BLACKANGER - Feb 29

25 by todd2580 »»
May 21, 8:25 AM

» Is it Releasing this Fall, or next year winter or maybe even later and the episode number

Jatin587 - May 5

16 by DayRivia »»
May 12, 5:17 PM

» THIRD HERO VISUAL (GENOS)

OvergrownRover - May 2

20 by deg »»
May 5, 6:37 AM

» God-level animations?

Leon888 - Apr 18

16 by AuraBorealis005 »»
May 4, 10:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.