Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 5, 2022 7:39 AM

Nov 2016
I saw that episode 1 eng sub was up earlier, but now it's gone(?)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 5, 2022 10:13 AM

Apr 2008
Pretty good starting episode. But with only 4 episodes I feel like a lot of things are gonna end up being rushed.

Oct 5, 2022 10:25 AM

Jul 2022
Ok, I'm down for four episodes of this. It's perfectly creepy for October.
Oct 5, 2022 1:57 PM

Nov 2013
Ugh... watching it with English dub was tormenting.
Oct 5, 2022 4:01 PM
Sep 2013
It was an interesting opening to a horror anime with a lot of potential directions the series could go from here
Oct 5, 2022 4:42 PM
Jun 2021
It's not really an Anime, The Americanness really shows in that I could not find a sub only a dub and the writing style is not like other anime. The Mythos for horror it is using is Lovecraftian which is from America and it just feels like a adult swim show.
Oct 5, 2022 7:11 PM
Sep 2014
I was kinda shocked this was in English even though MAL lists it with its Japanese name, but after seeing that Adult Swim commisionned this that kinda made sense. Didn't know what to expect (only other horrors anime I've seen are Another and Mieruko-chan) going in, plesantly surprised coming out :P Wonder why only 4eps though..
Oct 5, 2022 9:14 PM

Jul 2016
Okay... I'm moderately interested, not gonna lie. Now let's see how they will handle the story with only three episodes at disposal.
Oct 5, 2022 10:53 PM

Feb 2019
It's a really nice set up. I wasn't sure what I expected but I do quite enjoy getting to know the characters rather than melodrama mid-awesome horror scene taking the time to fill in character development holes. I'm very curious for eps 2-4! Pretty solid start as "boring" as it was; it's nice to connect to the characters and have feelings about them before the horror begins

Oct 6, 2022 12:02 AM

Dec 2019
It was exciting seeing Yoshitoni ABe credited and went immediately downhill from there. Who the hell wrote this script? Lazy English performances aside, the dialogue is stiff as hell. It could be voiced by A-list seiyuu and still feel shitty. Nothing that these people say comes off as natural, Kimi acts like she's a toddler when she's nine, the side characters are bland and the way the conversations move feels like a chore. It's genuinely unpleasant to watch and not in the way a horror series should be.
Additionally, the premise seems extremely lazy just riffing off cthulu mythos on another quiet little island. My only hope for this show is that in the next three episodes it goes full trainwreck. Also the ED is kind of a banger.

The credits do list Japanese VAs so if the English is really a deal breaker you could watch with that, but I don't think it'll "fix" this series by any means.
Oct 6, 2022 12:48 AM

May 2019
This may be the first horror themed anime I've watched and I was surprised it's exclusively in English (at least as of the time of this posting). The episode was ok but with only 4 episodes total they're going to have to rush things. Curious how this will turn out and with it being October it's the right time for something spooky.
Oct 6, 2022 11:50 AM

Jan 2021
What a crazy idea with her trying to jump off the balcony after people noticed her "optical illusion" dress.

Oct 6, 2022 8:47 PM
Aug 2021
I really just disliked this episode of Housing Complex C. I saw Adult Swim Hyping up a new original Toonami Anime and I was like lets go this looks so good, but then this first episode was dog water absolutley no story development of any kind and just flat out boring. Hopefully it picks up in episode 2, because the previews looked awesome.
Oct 7, 2022 12:01 AM
Jun 2016
I'm actually reading the comments while I watch the episode... English dub is super weird... I search in several pages cause I can't believe it.. It's really slow start.. Don't now If I can see it in English...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2022 12:13 PM
Sep 2022
first episode decent i dont understand all the hate and bad ratting i seen worst episodes than this and higher rating
-.-
Oct 8, 2022 11:10 AM
Jul 2019
Surprisingly good. Didn't hate the sub.
Oct 9, 2022 11:06 AM
May 2016
Wow didn't expect the OP is performed by AG(NOISEMAKER Vocalist) and Ivan Kwong(Survive Said The Prophet Guitarist)

Those two were my favorite bands
Oct 10, 2022 3:02 PM

Oct 2018
The english voice acting was truly horrifying. Great work by the VAs for all the wrong reasons.
The pacing is fine for a full cour anime but they only have 4 episodes, so it feels a bit slow. Abe's designs adapted here are on the same tier as Amano's designs adapted in all the new garbage, his name is involved like Gibiate. Also, weird how when the two kids are at the basement area, one person just passes between them, and they aren't even able to see who or what it is?

At least the NEET's waifu has this nice semi-mech outfit, so his taste isn't complete garbage.

FMmatron said:

By english sub you mean JP voice + eng subs or only subs? Few days ago, I watched only the opening scene and while it was still english dubbed, it did have subtitles, but after coming back to watch the entire thing, I can't find them anymore. The cat site does have subtitles.
Oct 10, 2022 3:17 PM

Nov 2016
Etherius_ZS said:
The english voice acting was truly horrifying. Great work by the VAs for all the wrong reasons.
The pacing is fine for a full cour anime but they only have 4 episodes, so it feels a bit slow. Abe's designs adapted here are on the same tier as Amano's designs adapted in all the new garbage, his name is involved like Gibiate. Also, weird how when the two kids are at the basement area, one person just passes between them, and they aren't even able to see who or what it is?

At least the NEET's waifu has this nice semi-mech outfit, so his taste isn't complete garbage.

FMmatron said:

By english sub you mean JP voice + eng subs or only subs? Few days ago, I watched only the opening scene and while it was still english dubbed, it did have subtitles, but after coming back to watch the entire thing, I can't find them anymore. The cat site does have subtitles.

I'm not sure anymore. I definitely saw the subs at the beginning of the episode, but same as you I didn't continue because I didn't have time. When I came back later the episode was taken down.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 10, 2022 3:23 PM

Oct 2018
FMmatron said:
Etherius_ZS said:

I'm not sure anymore. I definitely saw the subs at the beginning of the episode, but same as you I didn't continue because I didn't have time. When I came back later the episode was taken down.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oct 11, 2022 6:13 AM
Feb 2019
this is really really not good
Oct 12, 2022 1:47 PM
Feb 2019
this show is hilarious.
Oct 13, 2022 10:45 AM

Mar 2016
As a big fan of both anime, especially horror, and Lovecraft- this series appears right up my alley!
Mrs. Landingham, what's next?
Oct 16, 2022 9:15 AM
Sep 2022
The beginning to epic I hope. Cause I'm expecting more horror animes like corpse party.
Oct 19, 2022 9:34 PM

Aug 2021
I don't know why I thought it was going to have self-conclusive episodes considering it was going to be a mystery....
Oct 23, 2022 8:28 AM
Feb 2020
A little predictable but at least it's not an isekai.
Oct 24, 2022 12:35 PM
Sep 2021
The wordt anime ever
Nov 15, 2022 6:18 PM

Nov 2013
Horrible dub. Sorry I have no better things to say about this show.
Jan 31, 2023 4:55 PM

Nov 2020
I really liked the first chapter because of the direct references it makes to the fishing village, as well as that mysterious character who spends locked up in his room drawing beings that do not seem to be from this world and with reference to the primordial god best known by fans and not such fans of the work of H.P.

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI

Feb 27, 2023 5:34 PM

Aug 2019
So the story is set in August of 2000, but one of the girls has a smartphone. Quite the Chekhov's gun there, I hope.
Ahora, triste en la pendiente, solitario y ya vencido yo me quiero confesar

Si aquella boca mentía el amor que me ofrecía, por aquellos ojos brujos, yo habría dado siempre más

Dec 26, 2023 9:53 PM

Nov 2015
first episode was goofy plus other flaws 1/5 🤢

alshu said:
1. The long lost brother of Ghost Stories has being found...mummified to 4 episodes.

my exact thoughts! 😯

TsutanaiFuun said:
That flashback at the start was pretty intruging. If I had to guess it seems like those people killed past life Kimi and past life Yuri's screams killed those people.

oh wow, I didn't make that connection, thanks

AddaeAkono said:
So Housing Complex C is an original anime mini series with the English dub airing on Toonami. On the surface it looks like everything is fine in the Kurosaki village where Housing Complex C is located, but that place has a very dark history. The Housing Complex is home to a bunch of old people and a young girl named Kimi. There's something off about Kimi, but we don't know about it yet. There seems to be an underground basement that seems to be more than just a place of storage(probably an ancient tomb/burial ground). Then you have a bunch of foreigners moving into the complex where we see another young girl named Yuri. The relationship between the locals and the foreigners is somewhat rocky as the locals don't know how to communicate or deal with foreigners which to some xenophobic behavior from the locals. This is typical with most Japanese people who aren't accustomed with dealing with foreigners especially in remote areas with mostly elderly people living there. Kimi and Yuri introduce each other and become friends and they start exploring that underground basement except they find these strange drawings. We lean that the Housing Complex is home to a shut in(hikikomori) who made those strange drawings.

sounds good in paper, after reading your essay I feel interested but the adaptation is a major disappointment, with that ugly opening and terrible voices... Anyway, this doesn't feel Japanese at all but it looks like it (anime), but that's not enough either.

Inexplicable said:
This was something weird.. At this point it's difficult to tell who's supposed to be the main character - is it the painted rock or the dried up dog corpse?

Hahaha, this being a netflix AS anime those two options are very plausible you know.

TsutanaiFuun said:
Wada really said their prayers sounded demonic bruh. I'm sure there are places where people would have killed her for saying that.

nah man, if you past by a Buddhist temple in Japan you'll heard demonic sounds too, some foreigners laugh at it, not with bad intentions tho, east is weird.

fishguzheng said:
Who the hell wrote this script? Lazy English performances aside, the dialogue is stiff as hell. It could be voiced by A-list seiyuu and still feel shitty. Nothing that these people say comes off as natural, Kimi acts like she's a toddler when she's nine, the side characters are bland and the way the conversations move feels like a chore.

Yep, this makes Another seem decent lol but not worst than mayoiga because we're still at ep 1 but still...

Asbestos__ said:
t's not really an Anime, The Americanness really shows in that I could not find a sub only a dub and the writing style is not like other anime. The Mythos for horror it is using is Lovecraftian which is from America and it just feels like a adult swim show.

couldn't agree more!
Berry-VodkaDec 27, 2023 7:16 AM

💢

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Am I the only one who enjoyed it?

PetelgeuseDES - Jan 2, 2023

22 by Destroyer31 »»
Feb 26, 1:12 AM

Poll: » C Danchi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheBlockernator - Oct 22, 2022

83 by Destroyer31 »»
Feb 26, 1:10 AM

Poll: » C Danchi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheBlockernator - Oct 15, 2022

58 by Berry-Vodka »»
Dec 29, 2023 8:53 AM

Poll: » C Danchi Episode 2 Discussion

TheBlockernator - Oct 8, 2022

32 by alshu »»
Dec 27, 2023 11:20 PM

» only english dub available? ( 1 2 )

berries_yogurt - Oct 3, 2022

55 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 6, 2023 12:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.