Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 2, 2022 12:34 PM

Jun 2014
I've been watching My Hero Academia lately, and it's actually a fantastic show, with unique, dynamic characters, and excellent pacing.

Anyone on this forum who knows me, will know that I'm not generally into modern anime, let alone a "battle shounen," so to those people, me watching MHA is literally the equivalent of pigs flying, or hell freezing over, lol.

But, this anime is great. If you want a bad, "baby's first shounen," look no further than "Dragon Ball Z." I have no problem with "slow paced" anime, as a lot of my favorite anime happen to be long, period dramas, such as "Candy Candy," but a battle shounen with slow pacing is simply put, a recipe for disaster.

Aug 2, 2022 12:39 PM

Sep 2020
Yuta_JJK0 said:
An_Je942 said:
Yep both MHA and Demon Slayer are those kinds of anime. Most people hate on Jujutsu Kaisen for also being “that kind of shounen” but I don’t see it that way, especially not with what’s about to get animated (and honestly already has been animated).

But yeah, I fully agree with you. It was one of my first shounens but now looking back, it kinda is pretty damn generic. It has had its ups, but the climaxes of each season aren’t enough to compensate for how mid it is otherwise.

JJK is no way "that kind of shounen" it's much better than MID Hero Academia

for DS I won't say it's mid cause the story was supposed to be simple and historical
Oh really? I didn't know demon slayer was supposed to have shit story
Aug 2, 2022 2:06 PM
Oct 2019
Demon slayer is a bit better but both would fit the shoe
poo poo
Aug 2, 2022 3:35 PM
Jul 2021
One Piece is the most generic anime
Aug 2, 2022 7:23 PM
Sep 2021
I think Demon Slayer is more normie. At least the general public knows my hero academia is mid
Aug 2, 2022 8:38 PM

Jun 2020
NightofElm said:
Pretty much yh same with demon slayer both mid and heavily over rated

So it's like what berserk is to seinen huh? Something that people overhype because of some external factor and often don't understand why is on top since there is other seinen leagues better, but don't go against the cult of normies.
I've seen bruh moments you people wouldn't believe
... attack simps on fire off the shoulder of anitwt.
I've watched gatekeepers get overwhelmed by the swarm of normies.
All those moments, will be lost in time, like memes in the feed...
time...to cringe...

"Western public is a false god"
Aug 2, 2022 10:21 PM
Apr 2020
CODE_uWu said:
veteranadi said:

ok our opinions can differ, that's why they are called opinion, I respect yours

what would u say about fmab??

thats Seinen not shonen
Aug 2, 2022 10:24 PM
Apr 2020
veteranadi said:
CODE_uWu said:

actually I haven't watched any anime that released before 2014 except pet girl of sakurasou, will watch sometime later .

damn dude only 2014 and up? the 2000s and 80s/90s are where the moneys at. shit like rurouni kenshin,inuyasha,d grayman,blood c,nana,Ranma ½, cowboy bebop,outlaw star,Dragon ball, yu yu hakesho, eureka seven, and the list goes on ad infinitum
Aug 2, 2022 10:24 PM
Apr 2020
Austin_Bale said:
Actually, I’d say it’s Attack on Titan. Tons of people who had never watched anime watched Attack on Titan back in 2013, and people are still getting into anime through it. You can clearly see from MAL’s own statistics that it’s currently the most popular anime and manga in the West.

i would think aot would be seinen not shonen
Aug 2, 2022 10:26 PM
Jun 2022
BeowulfTheFoldin said:
veteranadi said:

actually I haven't watched any anime that released before 2014 except pet girl of sakurasou, will watch sometime later .

damn dude only 2014 and up? the 2000s and 80s/90s are where the moneys at. shit like rurouni kenshin,inuyasha,d grayman,blood c,nana,Ranma ½, cowboy bebop,outlaw star,Dragon ball, yu yu hakesho, eureka seven, and the list goes on ad infinitum

maybe in future but I already stated that for me animation quality is a main factor, and animation quality of 2000 is not great, compared to today's.
Aug 2, 2022 10:31 PM
Apr 2020
veteranadi said:
BeowulfTheFoldin said:

maybe in future but I already stated that for me animation quality is a main factor, and animation quality of 2000 is not great, compared to today's.
Lol animation quality? Do you mean they arent shiny and vibrantly contrasting like a modern madhouse series looks?

If thats a main thing holding you back then I feel bad for the sheer lack of historical landmarks and classics of the medium youll miss out on, modern anime may be pretty but old school anime has a soul and character to it thats pretty rare nowadays. If its just fludity in movement then theres hundreds of series that are pre 2014 that fit the bill.

I used to just watch newer stuff but now Im falling in love with the history by weaving my way from classic to classic and its been worth every minute.
Aug 2, 2022 11:59 PM
Sep 2021
i actually couldnt understand you? you trying to say that this is shit overrated or something like that? if that is so,i dont care,this anime is just amazing
..im currently on season and the sports festivablarc is just beautiful. todoroki vs deku is one of the best fight i have ever SEEN.
Aug 3, 2022 12:17 AM
Jul 2020
BeowulfTheFoldin said:
Austin_Bale said:
Actually, I’d say it’s Attack on Titan. Tons of people who had never watched anime watched Attack on Titan back in 2013, and people are still getting into anime through it. You can clearly see from MAL’s own statistics that it’s currently the most popular anime and manga in the West.

i would think aot would be seinen not shonen
Well sorry, you’re wrong. AOT is 100% shonen.
Aug 3, 2022 2:36 AM
Nov 2021
NextUniverse said:
Or hell, in general.

Seems like literally, everyone be liking MHA, even ppl who don't know about anime like this shit. This is like, baby's first shounen or smth for anyone born in 2010 onwards. Also could prolly watch with the family.

Anyway, tell me. You agree or nah?

no the most normie anime is prob aot and demon slayer
Aug 3, 2022 3:02 AM

Sep 2014
You can't get more normie shit than Huntrash x Garbage (2011)
Aug 3, 2022 7:16 AM
Dec 2021
I would say one punch man is the most normie anime. I have many friends who hate anime but have watched one punch man
Aug 3, 2022 8:13 AM
Jul 2021
This one, demon slayer, Naruto (even tho it’s one of my favs along with SAO) Dragon Ball, ETC, ETC.
Aug 3, 2022 11:13 AM
Jun 2021
NightofElm said:
Pretty much yh same with demon slayer both mid and heavily over rated

Demon slayer is fun to watch and the story develop way faster than mha.
Aug 3, 2022 5:01 PM
Feb 2022
veteranadi said:
BeowulfTheFoldin said:

Talkin about how you care about animation quality with a fairy tail pfp you confusing tf out of me
Aug 3, 2022 5:04 PM
Jun 2022
Atanpenguin said:
veteranadi said:

Talkin about how you care about animation quality with a fairy tail pfp you confusing tf out of me

maybe I have said this a million times but I choose pfp based on picture quality not Anime, I haven't even completed half of fairy tail.
Aug 3, 2022 7:13 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
NextUniverse said:
Or hell, in general.

Seems like literally, everyone be liking MHA, even ppl who don't know about anime like this shit. This is like, baby's first shounen or smth for anyone born in 2010 onwards. Also could prolly watch with the family.

Anyway, tell me. You agree or nah?

Every generation needs it's hype trend of some sort - Something for new fans or even none anime regulars to look back on nostalgically with time - Narato before it, DBZ before that, etc.

So yea it's as colour-by-numbers as shoen gets and I find it exceedingly boring about 65% of the screen-time - But it serves its purpose well enough, has some spirit, and is well made👍👍.
Aug 3, 2022 7:20 PM

Apr 2019
its a wsj manga afterall ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 4, 2022 4:43 PM
Mar 2022
CODE_uWu said:
veteranadi said:

ok our opinions can differ, that's why they are called opinion, I respect yours

heavily overrated
Aug 4, 2022 5:45 PM
Jun 2022
MizuXArt said:
CODE_uWu said:

heavily overrated

Yeah I've heard about fmab fanbase...
Aug 5, 2022 3:30 AM
May 2022
Mha is the first anime i think of when people talk about shounen ( dont get me wrong demon slayer is up there as well)
Aug 19, 2022 3:33 AM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» what's up with the rating?

Tormented - Jun 9

11 by Phloup »»
Jun 9, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

441 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 7, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

336 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 6, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

279 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 5, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

298 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 4, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.