Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2022 12:34 PM

Mar 2016
vitor03 said:
grown men losing to a bunch of girls...this is our fiction these days for you

Can say I'm satisfied with it.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 2, 2022 12:46 PM
Jul 2022
I say it was a great start, their personalities are polar opposites of each other lol. I hope next eps will be great n the quality will not drop. I live for chisato’s laugh n takina’s mood swings ;)
Jul 2, 2022 12:58 PM
Aug 2019
bruh what is this good shit?? im gonna love this series
Jul 2, 2022 1:33 PM

Nov 2009
The first episode is alright. It balances the 'funny' side and 'action' side well. The story is not too light and not too serious. Animation is as good as one would expect from A-1.

Main characters are instant likeable for me. Chisato is genki girl who have a hint of serious side and quite skilled at her job. I can forgive Chisato no-kill policy since she did it in such a badass way. Takina is serious in a funny way and she's trigger happy LOL. Their conversation and banter are enjoyable to listen too.

Now Let's see how the plot will develop from here.

ED animation is great. Too bad we don't get to see OP in this episode.
Jul 2, 2022 1:42 PM

Sep 2020
Very interesting and funny start, I don't know what type of show this is, maybe slice of life+military?
Jul 2, 2022 1:54 PM

Jul 2016
First episode in, and this looks like a pretty promising anime. I can't wait to see what direction this anime will go toward.
Jul 2, 2022 1:57 PM
Apr 2019
wow that's weird that people didn't get mad at the protagonists this time because are assassins 🤭

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Jul 2, 2022 2:12 PM

May 2020
Cute girls with guns? Say less
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Jul 2, 2022 2:33 PM

May 2021
Good productions and likeable characters, setting aside the fact that they murder people who haven't even been declared as such by a court of law. I really wonder how the hell this organisation is legal but anything flies, I guess.

Jul 2, 2022 2:35 PM
Nov 2019
Another A-1 show starting today.
While it does have it's more questionable moments (you know non lethal bullets piercing a car door or a human dodging bullets fired at point blank range or firing a machinegun like that and miraculously not hitting one specific person) and is quite over the top in other aspects, this episode was really enjoyable contrary to the other show's (Engage Kiss) first episode.
It reminds me a little of a more "PG-13 friendly" version of gunslinger girl too.
Also it looks really good.

I'm willing to see where this is going.

TLDR: 4 (more like 3,5) out of 5 Liked (enjoyed) it (your vote)
Jul 2, 2022 3:08 PM

Jun 2017
Well that was unexpected, I went in thinking this is just some random SOL.

Loving the two mains so far, seems like they will have nice chemistry. The action was cool.

Takina is a bit too trigger happy, I am not surprised her management wants her toned down. lmao
Jul 2, 2022 3:28 PM
Jun 2022
It’s like a trashy early 2000’s action film with deeply anime girls, it fucking opens with a girl machine gunning down a group of arms dealers, 10/10
Jul 2, 2022 3:47 PM
Dec 2016
anyone else think Takina looks like Chitanda from Hyouka ?
Jul 2, 2022 3:54 PM
Apr 2020
Looking forward to this . Chisato is adorable

Jul 2, 2022 3:55 PM

Jul 2015
This one gives me serious Phantom Trigger vibes. And Phantom Trigger was such an abysmal bullshit. Not good.
Also, I'm not a fan of cute girls cherfully killing people, because nothing else ruins girl's cuteness.

Jul 2, 2022 3:57 PM

Dec 2021
Really love how they nail all reload gun and sound effect

Takina use PK Machine gun earlier
Chisato use makarov with rubber bullet
Takina also use FN95 silencer (maybe)

im not gun expect but damn SoL but with gun, everyone know where this is going
Jul 2, 2022 4:46 PM
Aug 2013
Rakshal said:
So this feels like Gunslinger Girl, but less believable and with tone issues. I don't see how all their agents aren't compromised with how sloppily they conduct themselves, and on top of it drones tracking their movements. Don't buy non-lethal bullets that punch though car doors either, I know cars aren't even bullet resistant but that is 100% going though someone still.

Watch the bullets in the movie "Exam" or the recap on YT "80 Mins Exam, But The Test Paper Is Blank ?!". It could be something similar., but it's definitely something beyond what we have in the real world right now.
Jul 2, 2022 5:23 PM

Nov 2012
Some are comparing this to Engage Kiss. Aside from the studio, I have no clue why. I was actually worried before clicking play. From the beginning it was better than EK!

It brought back memories of Gunslinger Girl. Chisato & Takina's personalities pair well. I'm looking forward to Takina becoming less robotic. I'm also hoping for a flashback so we can see the how/why Chisato destroyed the tower.
Jul 2, 2022 6:00 PM

Jun 2015
Whoa, the gap between cuteness and gun actions. The ignorant peace, is it? Hm! Quite interesting. I'll stay here for a while.

Also, props to Chisato's voice actress Chika Anzai. She expresses Chisato's genki girl quite well.
Jul 2, 2022 6:19 PM
Feb 2021
We are in for some cute and wholesome Yuri looking anime with action. In fact, first episode was enough to hook me up to be the part this journey. I also really love the chemistry of Chisato and Takina.
Jul 2, 2022 6:25 PM
作画

Nov 2019
THANKS GOD THIS ANIME EXISTS, after dropping Teppen and trying my best to finish the first episode of Engage Kiss, this was the one and only premiere that was solid, cute girls with guns saved my day
Jul 2, 2022 6:43 PM

Mar 2018
WOW, great first episode, I'm hooking.

I love these characters, even with the typically bland Takina who appears to be an edgy and monotone character has already shown some growth in one episode.

This is one to watch this season.
Jul 2, 2022 6:49 PM

Aug 2020
What a great start for a series. I love Chisato's voice and character. The ending is from Sayuri right? so goood

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 2, 2022 7:07 PM

Apr 2020
This is very nice and definitely better than my expectation. Slice of life with a mix of action & spy. Something to look forward to every week!
Jul 2, 2022 7:10 PM
Feb 2021
So from what I got from the first episode, take Blend S, add a little bit of Psycho-Pass and a touch of Princess Principal. Not too bad. Probably will continue to watch it.
Jul 2, 2022 7:15 PM
Apr 2022
blindmodz said:
anyone else think Takina looks like Chitanda from Hyouka ?

I was thinking Reina from Sound Euphonium, but Reina's voice actress is playing lovely genji Chisato, the other main FMC....Ah well, I can settle for that!
Jul 2, 2022 7:20 PM

Apr 2016
Great episode, cute girls and outstanding voice acting, definitely AOTS.

I don't know why, but I feel that Chisato's gonna die or betray them for some reason, anyway something's clearly not alright here.
Jul 2, 2022 7:22 PM
Dec 2020
Watched this episode twice cause I loved it a lot and noticed 2 references to early 20th century stories in it.

This first one was harder to notice as it was pretty much a blink and you'll miss it. You can find it at the 2:17 mark. But I did some quick research and found that the text "I have you properly taped, my lad" is from a short story called "Grace" by James Joyce.

Second one was from the ED and was pretty obvious as it alluded to that famous French silent film "A Trip to the Moon" with the iconic Man in the Moon shot.

I have no clue what the connection is but they are both from early 20th century works. Gonna have to rewatch again to see if there were any other references that I missed.
Jul 2, 2022 8:03 PM

Mar 2014
Cute Girls doing Cute Counter Terrorism. Dope.

Nice art and animation, and also more than decent soundtrack (please, stay this consistent, please). Solid.

Ben-to writer is doing this plot. KINO.

8/10

Rosary_Diva said:
wow that's weird that people didn't get mad at the protagonists this time because are assassins 🤭

They did not killed a generic a isekai protag this time...
FabrisJul 2, 2022 8:08 PM
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jul 2, 2022 8:06 PM
Apr 2022
Un peu ennuyant, et le concepteur de base on suit des pnj enft
Jul 2, 2022 8:32 PM

Aug 2018
It's interesting, the first one from A-1 Pictures that was going to come out this season. I liked this first episode, it's good, Chisato and Takina are cute. Let's see how it continues.
Jul 2, 2022 8:41 PM

Oct 2015
wow another well delivery from A1 staffs !
Jul 2, 2022 9:12 PM

Jan 2011
well from the pv i was expecting some action and SoL but just straight up murdering terrorist was not in my bingo card to the point i don't think the DA is gonna be setup to be the good guys at least Chisato is handling stuff the non lethal way.

besides anime waiting for them to explain how these girls are so skilled also using a PKM looking lmg can't be that easy to use

will continue since char designs are clean and i'm into seeing whatever twist happen not fond on if it ends up that the only way to deal with crime is DEATH
Jul 2, 2022 9:32 PM
Oct 2019
Cute character designs. Want to see more of the mains girls interacting with eachother. The show has an interesting premisse of a double life working at the café and being a secret agent but I felt that it focused too much on the secret agent stuff and setting up a boring spy plot.

Hopefully we get more attention to the slice of life stuff next episode, maybe we get to see Takina learn the ropes at the café, and when the missions come I hope they are more interesting than helping npcs.
Jul 2, 2022 9:49 PM

Oct 2021
A-1 originals saving this summer for me

Chisato is best girl for me this season certified the energy she carries is impeccable.

The story intrigued me special organisation and lovely cafe .

The character design were on point and the cute expressions which conveys through this CD is extremely good .
The background art maiko ikeda doing exact quality work as she did in Princess connect re dive season 1 .
Prop designers and costume designers are putting such details in fabrics a commendable effort.

It’s totally was a yumiko Yamamoto character design consistency which gave this episode a sheer quality from SAO to Lycoris the talent is same .

Shingo adachi storyboard was remarkable as expected of him hope to see more of his SB participation in upcoming episodes .

Another new AP emerged and made his debut in Lycoris recoil and seems like A-1 pictures wants every production assistant to be their future AP hahaha .
Jul 2, 2022 10:05 PM

Apr 2022
To be really honest, I was a bit confused watching this first episode of Lycoris Recoil. For me, everything seemed fast paced and the show has gone quite head on. The character designs, from what I have noticed, are quite unique and well designed. Chisato is a handful, she seems like quite a warm-hearted person. You gotta value everyone's lives, as she says. However, lowkey my favorite characters so far are Mizuki and Mika. Quite excited to see how this anime plays out. Doesn't seem disappointing.
Jul 2, 2022 10:14 PM

Jan 2021
A pretty nice start. I could definitely see this flying under the radar as some people's AOTS if it follows through.

Chisato is pretty nice, and I hope we get to see her backstory at some point. I haven't checked out everything that is set to air this season, but Chisato is probably the BEst Girl out of everything I've watched so far this summer.

The ED was good as well.

Once again, A-1 did a pretty good job

Jul 2, 2022 10:40 PM
Jul 2018
Thanks god, now i have anti depression pills every week again
Jul 2, 2022 10:52 PM

Feb 2014
This is my most anticipated show for this season and the pilot episode didn't disappoints. The animtaion is crisp and the introduction of the characters are good, they also balanced the comedy and the action.

This is an anime original from A-1 Pictures so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully it will not be another Wonder Egg priority.

Jul 2, 2022 10:58 PM

Jul 2014
Okay this was a lot more fun than I expected. And I certainly didn't expect to start the show with so many assassinations having only read the synopsis haha.

So Chise (Chika Anzai) and Yume (Shion Wakayama) from Dynazenon meet again but with a closer relationship this time. Takina looks like a black-haired Yume even xD.

I really like the dynamic between the two girls. And I agree with Chisato, Takina looks super cute with twintails <3.

That eye catch... Looking forward to more.
Jul 2, 2022 11:55 PM

Aug 2020
I liked the action sequences (especially the ones at the beginning) quite a lot, but I'm not a huge fan of the character designs. I hope that it will lean more towards the crime and action elements of the show in the future because I think it has potential in that regard.

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Jul 2, 2022 11:59 PM

Sep 2015

• Kids with guns
  • Terrorists everywhere
  • Shooting in the middle of the day

Just hope this stays in fantasy forever. Oh, wait.....
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Jul 3, 2022 12:22 AM

Jul 2021
This one IMO has a lot of potential, It'd say there are a lot of contents being sprouted in one episode but if this is what they're going for so that the future episodes will dive into more Lycoris aka symbolism of death type of assassination but in a rather fun and unique way while also focusing on the development between the two main girls in inside and outside the field then this could be an enjoyable ride. For now, I really like the main girls because they're ideally my typical traits of characters I want that could converse with each other: Chisato is rather bright sunshine while Takina is I can say a kuudere type of persona. I also like the setting and the technologies involved in, there could be more emphasis on it but then again this is rather an introductory episode to get a simpler understanding of the premise itself and I have a nitpick when it comes to the animation, not like it's by any means not my standard, but it's rather whether or not they as a whole job is going to just shoot and tie them up, I really want more of it than just that to make it more engaging. Also Sayuri for the ED, god bless me this is one of her hits.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 3, 2022 1:11 AM
Jan 2017
another A1 Pictures Original anime this summer,,
it seem like Psycho pass but on Cute Scholl girl as assasination all the villain in the city..
and wow the grapich seem very similar to SAO, same char desaigner?
i see kira yoshikage in the end,,
nah not gonna watch it anymore
Jul 3, 2022 1:21 AM

Jan 2020
Boy, that sure escalated quickly.

I kind of picked this on a whim, and it didn't really turn out at all how I expected it to be, based on the synopsis. But, that's a good thing. This was surprisingly exciting and interesting. I'm definitely glad I decided to do some seasonal stuff this season.

I'm already a big fan of Chisato and more or less done with Takina. Even in terms of character design, Chisato takes that for me.

I liked how colorful it was; the art was really engaging. They did a good job with small details. And, assuming that's the ED and not the OP, I really enjoyed the ED. I generally prefer OP > ED, so that gives me something else to be hyped about.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 3, 2022 1:41 AM

Nov 2021
Excellent first episode. Character designs remind me heavily of Hyouka which is great. This looks promising so far
Jul 3, 2022 2:48 AM

Oct 2016
Oh hell yeah, this is the best premiere so far for me for this season.

I already knew there's gonna be guns involved in the show from the trailers and key visuals, but damn, that introduction the Lycoris was still wild as fuck lmao.

I love Chisato's energy, especially her little giggles. She can also kick ass, that gun sequence in the van was really sick.

There's definitely some unethical shit happening in the background, Mizuki did say that the organization takes orphaned kids and turns them into Lycoris.

Anyway I am all for this Cute Girls Doing Counter-Terrorism. Really looking forward to see where this goes.
Jul 3, 2022 2:50 AM

May 2020
Great start of the season, usual pair of self righteous and sensible characters with Chisato as a complement to their relationship. The visual is great, BGM is good, the character design by Imigimuru is truly amazing. VA's also did a job well done especially Chisato, loved her cute voice, not to mention Anzai's past roles doing non aggressive characters (Hibike, Grimgar, Araoto). A bit of action which I really look forward to in this series. Of course, Sayuri covering the ED makes things even better.

Can't wait for next week episode and its OP by ClariS.

dang_Jul 3, 2022 3:02 AM
Jul 3, 2022 3:21 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Engage Kiss is more of a 3-episode rule kind of anime,

but this, I am completely sold on this, whatever "this" is.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 3, 2022 3:51 AM
May 2021
Top notch from a technical standpoint (visuals, music, voice acting etc.)
But the characters and plot don't really feel special enough YET.

Still interested where it goes, so I'll keep watching for at least two more episodes.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

445 by Shocked »»
May 27, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

284 by SuperAdventure »»
May 15, 8:31 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2022

209 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

222 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:25 PM

» Why is there so many visually repulsive characters in Lycoris Recoil Recoil? ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - Jan 29, 2023

120 by Spunkert »»
May 1, 6:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.