Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 15, 2022 7:23 PM

Aug 2017
Well there's still a whole ass episode left, makes me think he's going to live

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jun 15, 2022 8:08 PM

Oct 2015
Echidna had no mercy for Leo damn. I think part of it was revenge. Although there was sympathy, there was duty and revenge at the hell of that attack
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 16, 2022 12:01 AM

Oct 2008
If Lily screamed at the end I'd have cried. She's too innocent. Can't deal with kids being sad just breaks my heart.

Jun 16, 2022 12:51 AM
Oct 2017
I have to say, I really like how we got to see Leo actually try to endanger humanity in order to save it. So often in anime, we have these big potentials that characters face and have to make big decisions on, without ever seeing the legitimate danger they present. I feel like we, as an audience, couldn’t have fully accepted Leo’s death (or even his desire for death) unless we saw that he had tried to harm humanity before and he therefore knew what he was capable of and would eventually do. It just really helps us to, maybe not empathize with him, but at least understand him.
Jun 16, 2022 2:37 AM

Apr 2019
this episode was so grand. from the perspective of an immortal this is really well told. doubt that leo will really die but we'll see

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Jun 16, 2022 3:00 AM

Dec 2015
The good old rule of anime is "Until they confirm the character dead like 10 times, they're prolly not dead"

kinda sad 'cause I think it would be much more interesting if he actually died, but I doubt that will happen
Jun 16, 2022 8:19 AM

Oct 2008
i think that flashback is really edgy!
3/5.

Jun 16, 2022 11:25 AM
Jan 2018
He’s clearly not dead and feels like they padded runtime so they didn’t finish vol 1 this episode
Mattinator95Jun 16, 2022 11:29 AM
Jun 16, 2022 2:34 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Literally a suicide... but because of his hero condition, he really went to the point that he wanted to revive the other machines to invade earth so he can protect it.. well getting a successor was the right thing to do in this case and of course it had to be Echidna, but really that finale battle was painful because they all know the reason of his behavior and what's happening, each of the four one attacking him a last time before his death was also heartbreaking but I still doubt that they really killed him of course.
Jun 16, 2022 8:31 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, we have to wait and see for next week to see how it ends, but it felt weird.
He wanted to die, but at the same time neither he nor anyone else wanted him to die...so we have that, so we'll see i guess but damn.

Pure flashbacks and pain.
Damn now i can't stop thinking about how this will or can end...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 17, 2022 1:27 AM

Nov 2012
Last ep's battle was ok, but now repeating the same sh*t for the whole ep was boring, it dropped my score, I'm afraid last ep will bury it to the ground.

My Candies:

Jun 17, 2022 5:53 AM

Feb 2021
This episode is incredible! I love the animation and how the backstory of Leo that frustrated between becoming a Hero or evil. Finally all that suffer end with Echidna...

But who knows what will happen on the next episode :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 17, 2022 9:10 AM

Nov 2017
damn, that was sad, sad af, living for 3000 years alone is sucks, and you still can't die, that's even more annoying
Jun 18, 2022 6:43 PM

May 2011
Leo's backstory delivered nicely, the animation flows smoothly.. overall is good episode...
But, if they can remove/change "i can lock him for 6 sec" dialogue, it would be better.. and, screaming at the end, it doesn't feel right (in my opinion)...

..if after this episode Leo is still alive, it would be weird...
Jun 18, 2022 10:09 PM
Mar 2012
Eibard was right, oof Leo's depressing batman life. He became a demon lord & would've run his plan if not for Echidna.
Everything's flipped now, he was interviewing them for worthiness instead of interning for a job.
Hey Mernes defrosted himself.
Jun 19, 2022 3:41 AM

Apr 2013
Damn, that was a pretty emotional episode.
Jun 19, 2022 12:28 PM

Feb 2008
Honestly, this anime was a pleasant surprise for me. Didn't expect it to end up so deep. And when he made the excuse for why they should kill him, I didn't realize he was actually telling the truth, till it showed that he was actually ready to attack humanity just so he could save it again.

I wonder how they will keep him alive and explain his new reason to live. Because to be frank, that seems difficult with his situation. It would be one thing to be immortal with others who are also immortal. But to be immortal alone, makes it VERY difficult to come up with a permanent reason to live. You could live to help them out, but... they will eventually die. And of course you can continue to take care of those who come after, but they may not always want that and there is a good chance you may eventually find yourself in the same exact situation and end up alone. Then you would just fall back on being a hero again probably.

You know, to some degree he kinda reminds me of Shirou Emiya.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Jun 19, 2022 9:05 PM

Aug 2013
I literally had to laugh out when they started to slaughter him.
The edginess of Leo is beyond comical.
For 3000 years this loner has been saving mankind over and over, self-sacrifice is his identity and sole purpose, his awesomeness is his curse, onlydeath can set him free, lmfao.
Jun 28, 2022 5:45 PM

Nov 2009
Well... they STILL haven't explained how the previous world ended...

They literally just show a time-skip of buildings decaying and disappearing and taking its place is old middle age house.

Then we time skip more to the Hero going through EMO phase and tried to recreate the "Super Humans" (as pure evil) just as a Demon Portal was opening. But Leo apparently "woke up" and went to destroy the Super Human he was trying to make.

___ ___ ___

And we arrived to current timeline where Leo had always planned for himself to be killed.

Then Leo gets hit by the "Anti-Leo" and turns him back to his stage 1 Super Human without magic. Just as the other Super Humans that didn't survive and died.

While this happens within 6 seconds, we got like 1 sec = 1 min of monologue thinking and telepathy time. Where Leo stands his resolve to leave the world to Echidna.

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 31, 2022 4:00 PM

Jun 2020
So is this how it's going to end is what I would say if this was the last episode but here we are at the penultimate and this is the peak climax of this show I wonder how they'll present the falling action of when Leo isn't actually dead is he though that was not believable I just want this to be as realistic as possible why can't it be I just hope it would.
Aug 18, 2022 9:32 PM

Feb 2019
when I started this show I didn't expect it to end like this
Sep 7, 2022 4:32 AM

Jul 2015
I originally expected Leo to be a generic overpowered mc but he turned out to be a lot more complicated.

Sep 17, 2022 8:20 AM
Jan 2022
Great episode awful animation but its ok
Sep 18, 2022 9:44 PM

Nov 2019
ngl this episode could have been a lot more interesting with better buildup, it always felt like leo gave up on life but i couldn't find out why. Now we find out that he's not just running out of opponents, he's just lonely because his comrades come and go with noone to save him from eternal solitude. Also what's with anime logic, Echidna is casting and she has 6 seconds left to cast but the scene drags on for 10min of their back and forth internal monologues. Kind of killed the mood, the ending where all the generals got up and took a slash at leo did feel more emotional though.
Sep 20, 2022 7:48 PM
Oct 2019
last episode i said i was so bad it caused me to lose interest. this episode wasn't much better. again, i really liked the middle few episodes of this series. but at this point, i think i'm dropping it. haha, dropping it with only 1 episode left. yup
Sep 21, 2022 1:54 AM

Oct 2010
GakutoDeathGlare said:
God, that was lame. Not a fan of the direction this anime took in the latter half. That shitty anguished cry from Echidna at the end of the episode was icing on the cake lol. Emotionally flat, Hero-kun's actions and sob story don't do it for me. They should have kept it strictly comedy.

Yeah, honestly I'm surprised to see this comment.. because I actually said, "well that's weak" during the yell and then as it ended "man that ended weak too" then I wanted to switch to the original audio to hear it done right cos if anything the Japanese can emote typically far better than English actors do.. but it was English only lol!! English dub go brrrr.

Good episode though even with all the talk no jutusu.. haha I just kinda like the characters? And the intro.. Broken Identity is GOOOD SHIII SON.

DarknessReality said:
I swear Leo has some of the best character development I've seen in anime.

Issa decent story ngl, did the ol' switcharo

mirishster96 said:
Amazing, most of the episode was a flashback we've mostly seen several times already.

Bruh, this flashback ain't anything like the others, stop the drugs.
SexyjutsuSep 21, 2022 1:58 AM
Dec 23, 2022 10:25 AM
Dec 2022
It got really boring near the end tbh. I thought I would really enjoy this anime but it didn't do it for me
Apr 25, 7:53 AM

May 2011
Vay anasını, harikaydı be. Böyle boş beleş diye umduğum serilerin, aslında bu derece iyi şekilde felsefi bir anlam yüklü olduğunu görmek çok güzel. Böyle animeleri seviyorum. Gerçekten çok güzel bir bölümdü duygulandım, gözlerim yaşardı helal olsun.Bu duyguyu yaşatabilen animeler gerçekten az.

Wow, that was great. It's nice to see that the series, which I expected to be such a waste of time, are actually so well loaded with philosophical meaning. I love anime like this. It was a really good episode, I got emotional, it brought tears to my eyes. There are really few anime that can make you experience this feeling.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Annoying side character (lily)

Kevinjtc - Jun 24, 2022

19 by Garrett_Dark »»
May 1, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2022

137 by indexsel »»
Apr 30, 5:38 PM

» Am I The Only One Who Would Have Liked The Story Better If This Was The Case?

Rat8526 - Jun 18, 2022

28 by Ash_In_Space »»
Apr 30, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2022

59 by James_xeno »»
Mar 28, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 3, 2022

46 by Monmon0110 »»
Mar 7, 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.