Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 26, 2022 9:07 AM
Nov 2021
Stop watching anime or anything fictional. Watch reality shows like american idol or something. cUz tHeSe aRe rEaL aT lEaSt
Feb 26, 2022 11:12 AM
Nov 2020
Rikshit said:
Somehow the synopsis never appealed to me so I never bothered to check this show out. But recently with the announcement of S2, I finally decided to check this show out. What I didn't expect was for it to be a stupid unrealistic highschool drama. The characters are fine. They are average anime school characters that are present in every 7/10 anime. But what ticks me off are the absolutely unrealistic and stupid drama that they create among themselves. I have lived through both my highschool years and college years but never have I seen such BS drama in any stage of my life.

This sounds like you were expecting an anime based of your Highschool life tf. And the reason most people like it is because of the Mc.
Feb 26, 2022 12:30 PM
Feb 2021
you watched an anime expecting realism. that was your very own mistake.
Feb 26, 2022 2:31 PM
Jul 2021
Because the MC is badass.
Feb 26, 2022 11:18 PM
Feb 2019
AteOtoko said:
I feel it's really edgy and the show isn't aware of that itself, which makes it worse, the premise of the show really doesn't make much sense to me, like how the show begins with that monologue but doesn't have much weight later on, the mc is just "badass" and pretty much acts indifferent to everyone, probably one that 15 year olds or so would like and take after his personality or something lol, and yeah about the drama, it feels really underwhelming everytime, bc the mc solves 'em pretty easily, like, there's not much struggle is there? no real tension at any point in the story 'cus mr badass mc is there who can do just about anything it seems, the little bits of flashbacks about ayanokoji's backstory isn't interesting at all, you can pretty much guess what happened, although I may be wrong here, so yeah I feel this show is really underwhelming and uninteresting, let's see if it gets better now that there will be a s2
edit: oh yeah that scene where ayanokoji tickles horikita, like, wtf was even that lmao

Ayanokoji (MC) is definitely a power fantasy character.. there's no denying that. But he has more to him that the anime sadly entirely cut out that devolved him into the empty shell of an edgy cold badass we are presented with on screen.

He definitely has emotions that he keeps to himself and isn't entirely indifferent as is shown in the light novels. But he is cold and ruthless if his life is threatened.. that's just something he's been brought up to do. He also is an unreliable narrator and that's where the fun of the story usually is, figuring out whether what he says in his head or does is the truth.

He wants to know what it really is like to experience a normal teenage school life. That's what he came to this school for. The details on why this school in particular and other things with his past and motivations is revealed much later in the story.

Point is, the anime only portrayed one half of his personality. There's a reason alot of LN readers weren't satisfied with the anime adaptation.
Feb 26, 2022 11:21 PM

Oct 2018
Because people trying to be an edgy wannabe so they have Ayanokoji and Oreki as their pfps.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Feb 27, 2022 8:42 AM
Jun 2021
this show wasn’t the best in my opinion. it had some cool bits but overall it wasn’t my thing. while yes, nothing was realistic, it was meant to be that way so it kinda fit.
Feb 27, 2022 11:00 AM
Apr 2021
Rikshit said:
Somehow the synopsis never appealed to me so I never bothered to check this show out. But recently with the announcement of S2, I finally decided to check this show out. What I didn't expect was for it to be a stupid unrealistic highschool drama. The characters are fine. They are average anime school characters that are present in every 7/10 anime. But what ticks me off are the absolutely unrealistic and stupid drama that they create among themselves. I have lived through both my highschool years and college years but never have I seen such BS drama in any stage of my life.

I mean that could be said about a lot of anime's set in high school. The whole synopsis is rather unrealistic but in my opinion that's what makes it so entertaining. If you wanted something more real then you're better off just...not watching most anime's
Feb 27, 2022 1:05 PM
Jan 2021
I like the mystery of the main character
Feb 27, 2022 1:11 PM
Jan 2021
I just noticed that your comparing real life with fictional series.
Feb 27, 2022 4:41 PM
Jul 2018
The mistake is wanting to watch this anime expecting action, comedy and other things. Simply the work of fiction but based on reality that involves society as a whole. It involves questioning about meritocracy, coexistence in groups and individuals.The school seeks students of diverse abilities to achieve a result facing mostly intellectually and physically.It is not a anime for people with little patience and understanding of how society works. This school is precisely to make the most of the students to advance in growing. In what way?Just reading the LN to know
Feb 27, 2022 6:21 PM
Jul 2018
Rikshit said:
Bad argument. Talked, talked and talked nothing with nothing
Feb 27, 2022 9:12 PM
Aug 2019
Rikshit said:

Its an anime about an elite highschool that puts students in dangerous situations. Why did you expect anything to be realistic?
Feb 28, 2022 10:53 AM
Jan 2022
Rikshit said:

Comparing reality to a "anime" is pretty absent
Feb 28, 2022 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
I sorta agree, the mc is just downright boring and the other characters have more flipping personality than the mc
Mar 1, 2022 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
I think it is a really bad anime but i really like some stupid teen stories for no apparent reason
Mar 2, 2022 7:31 PM
Feb 2019
yeah, you could just go read the light novel for a different experience from the anime, but it just comes down to whether you enjoy these types of stories or not. it’s fun to watch the drama unfold and even more fun when the main character is completely different and unusual compared to your basic protags in this genre. and of course it’s gonna be over dramatic simply because of the setting (elite school with lots of crazy rules). its a “turn your brain off and enjoy” kinda show, but it has some intelligence and mystery behind it that spices things up
Mar 6, 2022 8:02 AM

Dec 2016
Because some people need a self insert Gary Stu surrounded by big boobed anime girls.
Mar 6, 2022 4:38 PM
Tatakae
Feb 2020
Yes the Pirate anime and manga that you’ve given a 10/10 aren’t anything like real pirates either. Like bro what are you on about? They’re literally in a different world than an average highschool, you comparing your experiences to this is dumb if I’m being honest.
Mar 6, 2022 4:54 PM
Jan 2018
This is not your usual Highschool, in ANHS you have to fight each other to the limit and do anything to get to the top, you enroll this school for free and get facilicated with points every month based on your performance, moreover you guaranteed to get a good job if you reach higher class. People will do anything for money and reputation, don't mind dirty tricks.

And this is frickin anime, does this kind of school exist in real life? NO! But it do potrays how competitive and cruel a society can be, people with great minds (like MC) is the one who can rules.
Mar 7, 2022 8:22 AM

Dec 2016
Winter_Fox said:
This is not your usual Highschool, in ANHS you have to fight each other to the limit and do anything to get to the top, you enroll this school for free and get facilicated with points every month based on your performance, moreover you guaranteed to get a good job if you reach higher class. People will do anything for money and reputation, don't mind dirty tricks.

And this is frickin anime, does this kind of school exist in real life? NO! But it do potrays how competitive and cruel a society can be, people with great minds (like MC) is the one who can rules.

With the huge distinction that the dog eat dog setting just dies before even reaching the mid point of the series. It just devolves into MC doing things he wants for unexplained reasons. The whole idea of gathering points later on has no weight whatsoever. Heck, even the menacing homeroom teacher that appeared in episode 1 & 2 has no more appearances in the rest of the series.

Heck, the first Harry Potter movie holds it's weight of indiscriminate competition with more consistency than 12 episodes of Edgelord Kiyotaka and his voluptuous bisches that even has 2 mandatory beach/pool episodes.

TheHoodSenpai said:
Yes the Pirate anime and manga that you’ve given a 10/10 aren’t anything like real pirates either. Like bro what are you on about? They’re literally in a different world than an average highschool, you comparing your experiences to this is dumb if I’m being honest.

I'm not OP, but your comparissons are absurd and childish (the fact that you went into OP's profile to check out his favs is a big proof of how petty and chidlish your complain is)

People can watch Disney movies with magic mermaids, flying fairy godmothers and witches that transform into giant dragons and still watch other shows that feature more "grounded" thematics on a surface level and feel disapointed how ridiculously contrived they can be despite them not being in the "fantasy" genre.

Do some reading about genres and the differences between Fantasy & Drama. Also read about "expectations" and the suspension of disbelief.
KimurahMar 7, 2022 8:46 AM
Mar 7, 2022 12:05 PM
Tatakae
Feb 2020
Kimurah said:
Winter_Fox said:

With the huge distinction that the dog eat dog setting just dies before even reaching the mid point of the series. It just devolves into MC doing things he wants for unexplained reasons. The whole idea of gathering points later on has no weight whatsoever. Heck, even the menacing homeroom teacher that appeared in episode 1 & 2 has no more appearances in the rest of the series.

Heck, the first Harry Potter movie holds it's weight of indiscriminate competition with more consistency than 12 episodes of Edgelord Kiyotaka and his voluptuous bisches that even has 2 mandatory beach/pool episodes.

TheHoodSenpai said:

I'm not OP, but your comparissons are absurd and childish (the fact that you went into OP's profile to check out his favs is a big proof of how petty and chidlish your complain is)

People can watch Disney movies with magic mermaids, flying fairy godmothers and witches that transform into giant dragons and still watch other shows that feature more "grounded" thematics on a surface level and feel disapointed how ridiculously contrived they can be despite them not being in the "fantasy" genre.

Do some reading about genres and the differences between Fantasy & Drama. Also read about "expectations" and the suspension of disbelief.
so sound extremely dumb even more so than the OP. He literally compared an anime about high societal school where they’re living on an island deprived of the outside world to his own highschool experience. If you can’t see where I’m coming from you’re a lost cause.
Mar 8, 2022 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
For people that have garbage taste for series and the same that watch shonenshit like kimetsu no Yaiba. A show with pretty colors and o writing in the department of being good for the writing and has a one dimensional characters that are edgy as fuck. That is only what this show offers only one dimensional characters and a abysmal writing.
Mar 8, 2022 9:43 PM
Jul 2018
I really liked Ayanokoji
May 4, 2022 1:23 AM
Feb 2022
It's 6/10 but it's not bad
It's just like this was only the introduction part
May 8, 2022 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
I found the LN to be way better in that regard. The anime made some massive changes. In LN, Ayanokouji acts like normal shy person and his facial expressions are dynamic too. In anime, he looks like an edgelord.
May 9, 2022 9:05 PM

Aug 2020
People like inserting into edgy teens who gets bitches?
Keep scrolling
Jul 26, 2022 11:47 AM
Oct 2019
i don't know why people like it. i thought this show lost its soul after the first 6 episodes. it became something entirely different, and worse
Jul 27, 2022 9:54 AM
Jul 2017
Funny how the guy ask a question about the anime and replies are "read the fkin novel moron" kind of thing
Jul 27, 2022 9:55 AM
Jul 2017
Also yeah, the anime is boring af. I've marathoned until the latest episode
Aug 3, 2022 6:29 AM
May 2021
Fr! it's so boring and the characters are all so annoying, the mc is so boring how can people sit and watch a boring shit ass anime
Aug 5, 2022 2:40 PM

Jan 2019
Super late reply, but whatevs.

I just started rewatching for s2. The first time through, I didn't like it much. Was too juvenile to take seriously. But this time around, I started watching it like a serious comedy, and let me tell ya. It's perfect.

The amount of cheese layered throughout this show is so amusing. I burst out laughing when I saw that club scene in ep 4 and they were drinking SPARKLING WATER out of champagne glasses, trying to look badass.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

527 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 16, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

211 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

171 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

235 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 11, 3:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.