Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 2, 2022 12:33 AM

Jun 2021
This epìsode was good, we will see the last!
Jan 3, 2022 10:53 AM

Mar 2013
This episode changed my opinion of the show. I'm excited to see where it goes from here now.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 3, 2022 12:27 PM

Apr 2015
Strange train of thought from the MC
Jan 11, 2022 2:25 AM
Apr 2014
I am starting to wonder if this show has a low rating because of how uncomfortable people are when viewing certain undesirable aspects of humanity through a protagonist.
Jan 12, 2022 1:56 AM

Jun 2019
nekotan7 said:
I am starting to wonder if this show has a low rating because of how uncomfortable people are when viewing certain undesirable aspects of humanity through a protagonist.

No.

This series is very tame in that regard compared to others, but even then, what are these "certain undesirable aspects"? Self-loathing and guilt complexes? It's very commonplace in many series with any element of drama to the point where the tendency toward derisive self-deprecation and a sense of inferiority turned inward to a pathological extent seems like a cultural fixation. But how a series will fare featuring it depends on how it is executed and what else is on offer - the strength of character writing to make an audience care about said characters and the situations they're involved in in the first place, and the series' assets in every other arena.

In this case, there was plenty to criticize before William's abrupt turn in episode 11 - evident in all the criticisms levied by various users in the discussion topic threads for episodes 1 - 10.

Jul 27, 2022 5:18 AM

Jun 2021
Menel's hair is immune to flames huh.
Apr 30, 2023 4:19 PM

Mar 2014
I feel like Will's self-loathing would have made more sense if they had animated just how charred in the manga Menel was from that attack. You let your first and only friend get hurt like that from a mistake and you'd be crippled with regrets.
Oct 10, 2023 7:32 PM
Jan 2009
This feels like bad writing. He makes one mistake and decides he can't have friends and that no one is his equal? That shiat is the kind if over-reactionary condescension and angst that would be in the flimsy backstory of a villain.
Dec 3, 2023 2:33 AM
Dec 2022
Will is despair at the loss of his party and Menel almost got killed. Doubt set in and he was not sure how to handle things.
Mar 13, 5:04 AM

Dec 2022
Luckily for them, the chimera inexplicably decided to run away the instant it knocked out Menel. Surely the chimera would've continued attacking, given it had both a numerical advantage and no damage done to it?

Will has now adopted a lone wolf mentality in the wake of their party having been in trouble. It's not unexpected, as Will has shown to have insecure breakdowns before, but it doesn't seem like someone as altruistic as him will be able to maintain such a mindset for long, as Will ultimately can't help himself from getting involved in events when he comes across them.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2021

80 by Propper »»
Jun 4, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2022

87 by Rohtendo »»
May 15, 9:22 PM

» They Ruined One of my Favorite Scenes in Manga (Spoilers)

FigJim - Jul 7, 2022

12 by Amatsukaze24 »»
May 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Illyricus - Sep 27, 2021

119 by MrMjoez1 »»
Mar 19, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 10 Discussion

Pre_Yum - Dec 18, 2021

46 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 4:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.