Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 24, 2021 2:03 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So some criminals from the underworld broke out of prison and captured King Bosse. Meanwhile King Desha has sent out soldiers to Bosse kingdom to not only capture the criminals, but take Bosse's kingdom for himself. Seeing Queen Hilda reminds me of Joan of Arc and she is also making her way back to Bosse's kingdom. Prince Diada is still trapped, but he got a glimpse of somewhat younger version of Manjiro. Boji is making his way back home with King Desha's men.
Dec 24, 2021 6:54 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright. End of the first cour conclude with such a great note.

Daida was a fool. Well, thats good you realized that, boy. His flashback, Bebin and Sorii lives lesson toward the youth spoiled prince. Ironic indeed when little Daida said Bojji too much spoil, when he literally got the same treatment. Regretful always comes later and when everything went down, its just way too late to changed it. At least he got that justification after she met the unknown person later.

Little Miranjo, or so can i say, her deepest subconscious, telling how her past has been goin on way back there. Mostly dark, the town residents persecuted little Miranjo without a good details whats happened on those time, creating a little knowledge about Miranjo's state on the past that may lead her determination to be the current heinous villain of these show. Still the puzzle isn't clear enough until her story on the back get reveal completely, especially about Bossee promise to Miranjo.

Mirror Miranjo successfully entering the Underworld without much trouble, and released Desha's most dangerous prisoner, to the point the King of the Underworld decided to use that reason and the residents confusion, to occupy Bossee kingdom. Interesting setup.

Not to mention Bojji didn't really know about that, Captain of the Underworld Order might be in a heavy uncertainty, and Queen Hiling once again under the danger situation. Despa still such a based gentleman, however funny his basic habit is. Domas got the prosthetic hand, and they both with Hakuro still trying to be strong enough before the possible battle against Apeas.

Alright that's all for this. Second cour, at the new year, i am ready for you....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 25, 2021 1:20 AM

May 2020
another week, another 1/5 rating sadly
Dec 25, 2021 3:11 AM
Mar 2015
NickCipolla said:

Not even 2 or 3 ,But 1 (“Hated it’) got me curious on the reasonings

Dec 25, 2021 3:51 AM

Aug 2021
AruLee said:
NickCipolla said:

don't mind him, he just wants attention that his American parents couldn't give. He started rating every episode a 1/5 just because someone made a thread about addressing the criticism which for his small brain called it shitty thread, dumbass af

Dec 25, 2021 10:34 AM

May 2020
AruLee said:
NickCipolla said:

not a fan of the characters, plot, or childish animation
Dec 25, 2021 6:02 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Next episode: Return of the King!!!!

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 25, 2021 7:00 PM

Jul 2016
Oh boy. Shit's about to go down in the next two weeks, huh?

Pretty interesting episode overall. Mostly a build-up for the imminent three-way confrontation but it also managed to add some more characterization for Daida and especially Miranjo. In that regard, that little glimpse of Miranjo's past sure was messed up. Now I can't wait for a full episode exploring her character.
Dec 26, 2021 5:37 AM

Dec 2020
miranjo so damn creepy but that makes her really interesting too. she killed(?) lots of people which i assume she didnt intentionally try to do and got her face gauged and her hands cut off as a result, after those maybe bosse helped her ? thats why she seems to trust him

the part where bebin, daida and that other guy went into town after daida called bojji a weakling was really nice too. so they weren't ignorant of his shit after all
Dec 26, 2021 7:03 AM
Oct 2019
Yeahh we need Daida POV...
Bebin talked about disabilities hitting Daida hard.
Yeahh this is why Bebin is my favorite so far, he is the real one.

When the little mask her said her name was Miranjo, i was like hey it's the Mirror...
Wtf is going on there.

Things about getting messy, next couple of episodes.
Dec 26, 2021 8:35 AM

Feb 2020
i swear to god, when that Miranjo/mirror hag harm a hair on Queen Hiling i will drop this show.

no i will not.

but, please not Hiling :'I
Dec 26, 2021 3:40 PM
Feb 2020
phantomfandom said:
I actually get a lot of questions from my friends if their children can watch this because of high score and childish appearance, which I always said "no no no no no your children are a decade too young for the violence and two decade too young to understand the metaphor behind this anime"

Eh the violence is really not that bad at all, the only things somewhat gruesome would be the fight between that one big dude and the three wolves, and then obviously the fact that the Mirror girl mentioned literally having her hands cut off and her skin peeled off, which yes is terrible but I doubt the kids haven’t heard about terrible things like that already if they’re over the age of 9
Dec 26, 2021 3:40 PM
Feb 2020
phantomfandom said:
I actually get a lot of questions from my friends if their children can watch this because of high score and childish appearance, which I always said "no no no no no your children are a decade too young for the violence and two decade too young to understand the metaphor behind this anime"

Eh the violence is really not that bad at all, the only things somewhat gruesome would be the fight between that one big dude and the three wolves, and then obviously the fact that the Mirror girl mentioned literally having her hands cut off and her skin peeled off, which yes is terrible but I doubt the kids haven’t heard about terrible things like that already if they’re over the age of 9
Dec 27, 2021 12:07 AM

Aug 2018
It looks like a new arc is about to begin.
Good episode.
Dec 27, 2021 11:49 AM
Nov 2020
I'm not even going to try to guess what the hell is going on. All I know for sure is that this is a masterclass in storytelling and I trust this show completely. The writing is so tight, amazing.
Dec 27, 2021 12:47 PM

Apr 2018
Miranjo has a pretty dark backstory. Skinned alive and handless, a murderer? Well, this escalated very quickly. A war will start in the Kingdom and Boji is arriving sooner or later with Kage. Hilling's already there and this is all planned out by Miranjo. Seems like she wants to kill Hilling and have King Bosse at her side with the help of the 6 criminals. Not sure how Boji will help them but he got the Knights of the Underworld with him.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 27, 2021 9:11 PM

Jan 2014
Halfway through! This show is absolutely phenomenal. This year really is a great year for anime. Usually there's 1 10/10 anime a year, the last year that had even 2 for me was 2016. But 2021 gave us THREE 10/10s imo: Odd Taxi, Sonny Boy, and Ousama Ranking.

I'm so incredibly invested in the stories of all the characters, especially the two brothers. I have no idea where this is going to go and I'm so excited to find out. Not only is the story amazing, but it's gorgeous to look at. Here's to another 3 months of Ousama Ranking :)
Dec 27, 2021 10:05 PM

Aug 2011
I've been waiting to see how they will flesh out Miranjo's character, and now I've got to see a snippet of it. The hands part seems to be really significant and I'm so curious as to why her hands were cut off when she was a child.
desu desu binches
Dec 28, 2021 10:06 AM

Jan 2008
OK, here's what I got from the Miranjo segment. She and her people were probably nomads, similar to wiccans. They came in the country, and were then blamed for misfortune, just like in our witch trials. By what the ghosts said, they were tortured and killed (child Miranjo had her arms cut off and her face skinned, for example). When she died, she actually DID become a witch, and killed those responsible. Now she wants to destroy the entire kingdom as revenge.
Dec 30, 2021 7:27 AM
Dec 2021
Even though this anime has simple character design, the movement and the fighting scenes so nice, its look like mob 100, simple but badass
Dec 30, 2021 5:21 PM
Jun 2020
For those 95 people who watched this episode and rates this as completed series, you're about 3 months to early.
Jan 1, 2022 2:49 PM

Feb 2009
What I love most about this show is that there is no black and white in any of the characters, although no one dies none of them have shown to be above criticism, making mistakes and having misunderstandings. It may seem too soapy for some but that's because every underlying metaphor under what seems like routine if not boring character fleshing realistically shows how the characters are drawing their conclusions as they grow and change. So many of them actually coincide with each other having the same goals such as being strong, having courage to live, what loyalty means, and empathy for others. I really can't wait for Daida and Bojji truly to meet each other halfway and learn to coexist.

This is the game of thrones tho so Bojji needs to win haha

Also btw I didn't see this mentioned but 100% of the conflict in this story would have never existed if Bosse kept it in his pants and didn't make deals with devils.

Jan 4, 2022 8:04 AM

May 2018
Let's go Bojjims! I mean Bojji!
Jan 6, 2022 2:40 PM

Jun 2019
There's a lot more to Miranjo's character than what it seems and we got to see that in this episode with everything that happened to her. Once again, still unsure who's in the right and who's in the wrong. Bojji is done with his training and Despa was a nice guy.

Looks like some action might be waiting for us soon.
Jan 9, 2022 4:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmm the Daida and Miranjo part in the void with her kid's form was mysterious, though it seems like she has the motivation to become the queen and that everything would be Miranjo's plan to take down the kingdom and take the lead, we'll see how everything will develop, I just hope they won't kill Hilling, Boji needs to protect her now that he became stronger
Feb 2, 2022 10:12 AM

Nov 2013
The best episode for me. Love the development on Daida and Miranjo.
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Feb 19, 2022 9:42 AM

Sep 2015
Felt like nothing much happend this episode, Hiling has been taking up a lot of courage though, despite the dangers. It's time for Bojji to step up to courage!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Feb 21, 2022 10:39 PM

Jan 2021
Despa best teacher?? it's short but i will miss him..

i hope nothing will happen to hiling, i hope bojji would make it in time
Feb 22, 2022 4:22 PM
Dec 2019
I hope Bojji makes it on time cuz he'll make a big difference in what'll happen. I can tell this is a trap to get rid of Hilling. Desha is trying to take over the Kingdom of Bosse but he's probably going to fail because there isn't actually a civil war.
Feb 24, 2022 8:32 AM

Mar 2010
So many uno reversals its hard to say who is pulling the strings at this point.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 1, 2022 9:54 AM
Nov 2020
Bruh. The brotherly bond in this show is actually pretty well written. How the younger brother ended up having his desire to protect twisted and still needs to rely on his sibling, is just, really well done.
Apr 7, 2022 9:33 PM

Mar 2015
Yet another great episode, this show won't stop delivering!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 15, 2022 9:25 AM
Sep 2016
this episode reminded me of a perspective that I have forgotten long ago.
May 1, 2022 12:52 PM

Feb 2018
So Miranjo came into Daida's 'world'? As for the criminals attacking Bosse's kingdom, well some great fights are ahead of us! Noiice ;D
Jun 13, 2022 8:15 AM

Apr 2016
This felt eternal, now I'm seriously thinking on dropping this but I want to know what is Hiling planning to do.
Aug 10, 2022 3:15 AM

Oct 2017
All this just to kill Hiling eh, Bojji better make it there in time.
Sep 7, 2022 4:13 AM

Dec 2020
So...is this an act to kill Hilling? Character motivations is probably the weakest aspect of this show.
Sep 17, 2022 9:09 PM
May 2021
The pace doesn't drop. It continues with one interesting event after another.
Jan 8, 2023 2:52 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This is one cocktail of confusion.
Feb 14, 2023 8:11 AM

Apr 2013
I thought Hiling was riding away from the castle, why has she returned already?
Apr 3, 2023 3:15 AM

Oct 2018
Atleast some new info about Miranjo, Hilling returning just seems stupid.
Jul 13, 2023 3:41 PM
Oct 2019
How is the queen back when she literally just left? They must not have shown whatever happened that caused them to return. Probably do it in the next episode or two

Not sure what's up with child Milangel(sp)

How can you not love Boji?
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Jul 2013
Man, a lot of things happened in this episode but I'm just really happy that Bojji's finished his training and is now coming home
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

109 by filoshi »»
Yesterday, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

231 by Lanz »»
May 23, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2022

224 by Lanz »»
May 23, 6:07 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2022

119 by Lanz »»
May 22, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2022

110 by Lanz »»
May 20, 11:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.