Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 28, 2021 3:53 PM

Jul 2021
Even having seen the movie, Kyojuro's death was emotional here too.
The film-to-anime adaptation was very well done, but I still prefer the film.
asdasdsadad
Nov 28, 2021 3:55 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Rengoku died again here. I thought there's something different. Not much impact because i already watch this in the movie, but its sure still have its good moment. I feel like the amount of scream already been reduce on this one. So, i feel appreciated by that.

A fine retelling tv format from the movie with such a little additional content in the beginning. I may lower the score for just the repeating reason. But Lisa always be the more reason to not shite on this.

Shall i prefer this or the movie? I feel like watching this is better, and just skip the movie.

That's all from me, and i am ready for the next hashira action.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 28, 2021 3:57 PM

Aug 2020
R.I.P in the land of dead, Rengoku.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 28, 2021 4:05 PM

Aug 2019
I knew Rengoku was gonna die but it was still sad ;(
Never watched the movie but this arc was very enjoyable, especially these last 2 episodes. 7/10
Nov 28, 2021 4:24 PM

Jul 2021
Even better than the movie but I was bored and can't enjoy it :(
Nov 28, 2021 4:53 PM
Jan 2017
i was watching the movie version 2 or 3 times before and then this series, but i still crying watching this..
can wait for yuukaku hen
10/10
Nov 28, 2021 5:23 PM

Jun 2015
SideCharacterKal said:
Well, Rengoku's speech was amazing. This was the most useless TV-recap with an original first episode that didn't really offer something amazing. New stuff is coming in a few weeks, looking forward to that.

It's a big deal for manga readers. I haven't watched the movie but I'm sure it had a lightspeed pace
Nov 28, 2021 5:36 PM
Jun 2019
I've watched this 3 times, and still feel deep sadness :'(
Nov 28, 2021 6:34 PM

Jul 2016
For all the blabbing about the benefits of being a Demon, Akaza sure shits on his pants when it comes to sun light.

So... yeah, this was what it was. Aside from the first episode, there were no significant changes nor additions and I personally feel that watching everything at once (movie format) had more impact in me than watching it on a weekly basis.

6/10 - Anyways, looking forward to seeing what "flamboyant" Hashira will do in this upcoming arc.
Nov 28, 2021 6:36 PM

May 2019
Quite disappointing end. The Umai! guy died and the stupid boar head did nothing to help.

Tanjiro just had time to cringe speech while losing his sword.

Ufotable animation pure madness as always. WHY, Ufo, why do you choose mediocre series to spend all this tax-evaded budget?
Nov 28, 2021 8:24 PM

Jan 2011
so now that this has aired for returning fans that already saw the movie you only need the first episode which is super lame they could've just done a OVA for it i stopped watching but i didn't hear of much of anything changing.

at least there was new music for this
Nov 28, 2021 8:46 PM

Jul 2013
Even if it's sad to see that there's nothing new compared to the movie and even knowing what will happen to Rengoku, it still is super heart wrecking. On one side I wish we could have seen more of him, but at the same time I don't want to imagine, how much harder his last moment would have been for me.

Not sure where this will go from here and if we will see how Tanjiro and Co. will visit Rengokus family, but I heard something about a district arc. So I'm excited, especially because the next season is just a week away before we get more Demon Slayer. Can't wait.

Nov 28, 2021 9:50 PM

Apr 2021
Pain and sadness......That's what I re-experienced watching this recap show ;-;
It still hurts ;-;
Rest in peace Rengoku...This episode was really good...And even though the show was a recap with few anime original scenes...I still liked it...but still ;-;

Anyways the good thing's that Season 2's starting next week :D
I'm really looking forward to see my boys again!!!!!
Nov 28, 2021 10:16 PM

Feb 2021
Never fails to tear me up. Also it's a bit of a stretch to call Akaza a coward. He can't fight in those conditions anyway, and running away from the sun isn't cowardice but common sense for a demon even though the demon is super strong.

I gotta say though, only the 1st episode was totally new. Other than that there were a few shot changes here and there. There wasn't much rewatch value other than getting prepped up for the next season.

Can't wait for S2!!
DeonXNov 28, 2021 10:20 PM

Nov 28, 2021 11:11 PM

Jan 2021
Anyway now that this is done we’ll finally get to start season 2
Nov 29, 2021 4:34 AM
Oct 2019
I thought the episode was longer because there is a new content, but it just the credit from the movie lmao

This arc was definitely better to watch in Movie format.

Wasting 2 more months just to get to Entertainment District Arc.
I should just skip it, i made a mistake.
I could use that time to watch other New Anime.

Well the wait is over, next week one hour special.
davidyodo24Nov 29, 2021 4:39 AM
Nov 29, 2021 4:35 AM
Oct 2019
XO2HKIM said:
Welp, that's 6 episode slots wasted for S2. Remember guys, we're only getting 18 eps for S2 and that's including the 7 eps of the Mugen Train arc. In other words, the Entertainment District arc will only be 11 eps.

Honestly, wth was the point of a TV recap when the movie was also made available on both Funi/CR, and a 2 hour movie certainly hits harder than a movie cut into 6 eps. It should've just been ep 1 and then straight to the ED arc. *face palm*

It's crazy that people didn't realize this facts.
Nov 29, 2021 4:49 AM

Jun 2016
still emotional to watch !!

fk this bring sad memories again !!

Nov 29, 2021 5:36 AM

Jul 2017
Season 2 starting officially now from next week now that this shit is done with, while I'm not expecting much, I at least hope with the lowest bar possible that it's more entertaining than these 7 episodes have been with the redone TV format. Next week looks pretty stacked.
Nov 29, 2021 7:58 AM
Nov 2015
Utterly pathetic... This anime had something good going for itself but the ending ruined it. We were just introduced to Rengoku and we couldn't even see, I feel, all of his potential when this Akaza came out of nowhere and killed him. And I have a feeling that that Akaza is just fine now and may come in another arc and kill another hashira( wasn't Rengoku supposed to be the strongest?).
Nov 29, 2021 4:51 PM

Apr 2015
Well, here i am crying again, also LiSA song is soooo good!!!. I think the movie was great so I don't care to watch all the series again. But yeah this was made to be watched as movie version.

Can't wait for the new arc next week.
Nov 29, 2021 6:15 PM
Jul 2018
Even though I knew what was coming, it still hurt! Ugh
Nov 29, 2021 6:18 PM
Jul 2020
Overall, it was a pretty good ending. The fact that a season 2 is coming out and this isn't just your normal cliff-hanger definitely improves my score. Loved it!

5/5 :D

Nov 29, 2021 7:39 PM
Jan 2018
Yup.... this brought all the feels back. Anyone got a tissue?
Nov 29, 2021 8:03 PM

Dec 2018
Finish watched the recap from the movie. I guess I feel Rengoku as a character better here... When watching the movie before, I don't felt anything toward Rengoku.
Next week~ Another upper moon is going to make her appearance~ Can't wait for it~

Nov 30, 2021 1:20 AM

Jun 2020
Hated this scene in the movie with how it ended out to be, A terrible day for rain his smile though that damn smile he sure embraces the gleeful personality in all of the Hashira he will be missed.
Nov 30, 2021 2:36 AM

Jul 2016
yLewahoy said:
Even having seen the movie, Kyojuro's death was emotional here too.
The film-to-anime adaptation was very well done, but I still prefer the film.

Rengoku man...

Even though I knew it was coming...

RIGHT IN THE FEELS!
Nov 30, 2021 5:24 AM
Aug 2021
To be honest, if i didn’t watched the movie first, i would love it. But after i watched this series, beside ep 1, everything is the same as the movie. Nothing more, maybe my expectation was too high, because i feel no different to the movie at all.
Nov 30, 2021 11:50 AM

Oct 2009
Yep, this still hit me pretty hard :')

Disappointing that there was no additional scenes though.

Nov 30, 2021 12:03 PM

Sep 2012
I'm only giving a score for a first episode because the rest is literally from the movie. This entire series was absolutely pointless and I have no idea why it exist.
Nov 30, 2021 3:40 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Welp, its only natural that I experience this heartbreaking scene a third time as Rengoku falls to Akaza again. Personally I preferred the movie version because it was the right format for an arc that was short as this one. Watching the TV version just drags it out too much to a point where you want to be done with it. I didn't really pay attention to the last episode because I read the manga and saw the movie already. Outside of the first episode which was a filler, there wasn't a significance difference between the movie and TV version besides a few cuts and a new song in the OP that was added to the soundtrack. The movie just flowed better especially when it got to the Rengoku and Akaza fight which was cut in half to fit the TV format and took some of the hype out of that fight. It just felt uneven to me.

7/10.
AddaeAkonoNov 30, 2021 3:45 PM
Nov 30, 2021 6:20 PM

Apr 2021
I feel like all the frustration with this season is primarily because of its traditional weekly release format. Now that it's finished airing, fans have a choice on whether this or the movie is their preferred way to experience the arc. Personally, I liked it as much as the movie, so the difference in format wasn't particularly significant, but it's a welcome alternative for the viewers
Nov 30, 2021 11:00 PM
Nov 2016
This episode was freaking awesome, Rengoku can rest in peace now, you did good.

5/5 episode
Dec 1, 2021 12:40 AM

Nov 2020
They probably made this for those who didn't watch the movie and obviously "money". those who watched the movie isn't really required to watch the tv version so stop hating and call it a waste of time, be patient. this tv version might be useful for the people in the future that will watch the show. nothing really matters. what matters is the entertainment district arc will air in a few weeks.
Dec 1, 2021 11:36 PM

Oct 2008
OMG i still teared-up a bit! because of the stellar performance of the VA's and EPIC OSTs!
5/5.
9/10.

Dec 2, 2021 7:01 PM
Oct 2017
KANLen09 said:
Differences between the movie and the TV version:
- Additional static shots from different angles
- Akaza's one jump shot additional cut

Faithful to the movie as is, but I have to admit that the movie didn't really need a TV format to slide right into the Entertainment District arc starting there right after.

Scream with me: CASH GRAB!
Well the movie didn’t release where I am from so big ups to Netflix for releasing the movie as a tv series for us.
Dec 2, 2021 7:24 PM

May 2021
Suhrid1993 said:
KANLen09 said:
Differences between the movie and the TV version:
- Additional static shots from different angles
- Akaza's one jump shot additional cut

Faithful to the movie as is, but I have to admit that the movie didn't really need a TV format to slide right into the Entertainment District arc starting there right after.

Scream with me: CASH GRAB!
Well the movie didn’t release where I am from so big ups to Netflix for releasing the movie as a tv series for us.
You literally in one sentence explained the very simple necessity of a TV version. But there will always be an endless amount of people still whining over how "unnecessary" and a "cash grab" this is while being ignorant to the fact that other countries exist outside of where they live.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Dec 2, 2021 9:15 PM

Apr 2020
MikitoList said:
Suhrid1993 said:
You literally in one sentence explained the very simple necessity of a TV version. But there will always be an endless amount of people still whining over how "unnecessary" and a "cash grab" this is while being ignorant to the fact that other countries exist outside of where they live.
This. That's why you don't make a canon movie especially if it's in-between and unless it's a series ender. I also missed the opportunity to watch it in theaters. I'm glad they released it as tv series. Although, no matter how you twist it, it's still a crash grab in the end. Movie shouldn't have existed in the first place.
Dec 2, 2021 10:43 PM

May 2021
RegulusX said:
MikitoList said:
This. That's why you don't make a canon movie especially if it's in-between and unless it's a series ender. I also missed the opportunity to watch it in theaters. I'm glad they released it as tv series. Although, no matter how you twist it, it's still a crash grab in the end. Movie shouldn't have existed in the first place.
Yeah, I think if they do another movie it should be the very end of the series for a finale, and then they can put it into TV format and no one should get upset. But I'm sure people still will.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Dec 3, 2021 12:09 PM
Oct 2017
RegulusX said:
MikitoList said:
True agreed. The movie was a cash grab for sure after the success of the first season.
Dec 4, 2021 12:43 PM

Mar 2020
Well I guess I'm gonna be the unpopular opinion, Tanjiro's stupid monologue, screaming and crying (and later Inosuke's too) didn't add to the emotional value, nah it totally destroyed it as a whole. That flashback of Rengoku's mother with those cliché (the strong have power to protect the weak blah blah) lines was a very weak attempt at making me feel anything too. Despite kind of liking Rengoku (just cuz he was cool), this whole ep just made me cringe hard.

Besides I guess I just really don't get what was the point of killing Rengoku now. If the characters and the viewers/readers had more time to connect with him, his death would be so much more meaningful. Maybe if he had more screentime in s1 and also was more developed but well I think the author has no idea how to write characters so what do I expect.
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
Dec 4, 2021 8:47 PM

Nov 2012
Even knowing how it would end didn't stop me from hoping Rengoku would somehow live. My heart was torn open again when he died smiling. I am trying so hard not to cry.
Dec 6, 2021 3:59 AM

Sep 2020
its a good rewatch and with full adaption of manga
i really like the idea because i watched the movie few 5 month ago so yep
animation is awesome like always and i dont give a fuk about people who didnt watch movie until now and ask: we should watch tv or movie and give hate and bul.shi.ng like moneybag or Etc...
Dec 6, 2021 12:29 PM

Jul 2014
Ah fuck, that broke me. I didn't expect Rengoku to die, at least not so soon. Starting with Tanjiro defending Rengoku by saying he won, his last words, seeing his mother before he died, his crow crying and the reaction of all the other hashiras receiving the news. So many tears :'(

Overall, it was great and with an amazing final episode. Funny thing is that I didn't watch the movie and ended up watching the episodes back to back today haha. Man, I really missed this series... not so much Zenitsu though, he is as annoying as ever.
Dec 7, 2021 2:17 AM

Dec 2008
Overall this was disappointing, after the first 3 episodes I did expect great things to come.

Rengoku deserved much more build up and it probably would have been better if he hadn't died. He looked bad in front of Akaza, who was simply overpowered.
I thought that the difference was too big, in the bigger picture the demon slayer corp would have been wiped out long ago if the demons are so strong compared to Hashira. Rengoku vs Akaza was a boring fight.

I felt not much when Rengoku died, generally anime makes me cry easily, but there wasn't enough time to develop lots of attachment to him.

Tanjiro throwing his katana lol

Overall the best character here was Inosuke, his passionate personality is great and he wasn't as dumb as in season 1.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2021 8:16 AM

Dec 2016
It was good to re-live the same feelings I had felt when watching the movie. Even after watching a second time I still found Rengoku's death emotional. He really was an admirable character.

But for me this TV version helped me to enjoy this arc more thoroughly cuz when I watched the movie I barely had any time to watch something long except for night, so, I fell asleep during Rengoku Vs Upper rank fight. I'm glad I could enjoy it smoothly this time.

There were no noticeable new scenes but I guess by new scenes they just meant those few taisho secrets.

Overall 8/10
Dec 14, 2021 3:01 PM
Jan 2021
Personally, I am impressed how they turn this movie into TV recap series version. A good recap on this one.
Dec 22, 2021 2:21 PM

Mar 2021
I’m pissed off they made me re watch this just to be upset all over again!
Dec 27, 2021 11:43 AM

Mar 2010
My score isn't based on the movie parts, merely the original parts... in which case were underwhelming but ofc the movie itself was still quite great.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 31, 2021 11:02 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I was eagre for an extended after-credit scene.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Oct 10, 2021

173 by skatensleep »»
Yesterday, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Oct 17, 2021

79 by TaigaDominatesMe »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 21, 2021

58 by nanajp »»
Nov 30, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 14, 2021

54 by nanajp »»
Nov 30, 2023 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 7, 2021

59 by nanajp »»
Nov 30, 2023 11:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.