Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 8, 2010 6:20 PM

Sep 2008
noteDhero said:
Woo hoo! Now that I have no more Kou and Azuma, I can go back to where it all started: Abe and Ren!

oh god ookiku too??

Good start to the new season. It was interesting that they focused a lot of on the opponents instead of the main team in the first episode. Can't wait for the next game though, they put so much detail into the one in the first season.
Apr 8, 2010 6:36 PM

Aug 2008
Hypeathon said:

Wait, I think you mean Takuya and Ren, unless you were referring to their last names.

I couldn't remember his first name.

velcom said:

oh god ookiku too??

This was the show that got me into sports anime, and the reason why I watched Touch.
Apr 8, 2010 7:04 PM

Dec 2008
Ah, I was happy being able to watch this again. I love Oofuri. It followed nicely from the manga too. Some of the moments made me snicker a bit. Can't wait for the next episode.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Apr 8, 2010 9:22 PM

Jul 2009
I was surprised i found noteDhero in this thread..

Well i'm glad this series has someone to sub it, really appreciated guys, i really do

Love the show, and hey we finally have more girls on the cheerleading squad XD
Apr 8, 2010 9:40 PM

Aug 2008
Surprised? Ren has been in my favorites since I got on this site. I love most of the characters on this show More than any other baseball anime, this really feels like a team sport where many people carry the weight of the team.
Apr 9, 2010 2:56 AM

Jan 2009
Well watching the sub, it looked a little flimsy in the raw, but I realised how awesome it was.
Extremely funny also.
As to the 'choppy' / 'slow' remarks, this show was NEVER fast in the first place, and I got from it exactly what I got from the last season. As 'choppy' per se, the Seiyuu and dialogue of the Roka, seemed to be a little off-pace.
But!
I think this was purposefully done to add apprehension and forebodement for the next game. I am betting, that later we will get some more characterization on him. I may be wrong though, I mean I havn't read the manga.
Is it me, or is Ookiku really starting to sort of push the shonen-ai factor?
Anyway, Enjoyment: 11/10.
I've already watched the episode 5 times.
Oh, the OP/ED I liked... the OP was ridiculously appropriate, the ED was in some ways Meh, but they both seem like songs that will grow on me.
Apr 9, 2010 2:59 AM

Sep 2008
noteDhero said:

velcom said:

oh god ookiku too??

This was the show that got me into sports anime, and the reason why I watched Touch.

I meant as in your interest in making homosexual couplings :P eg. cross game.
Apr 9, 2010 3:30 AM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:
Surprised? Ren has been in my favorites since I got on this site. I love most of the characters on this show More than any other baseball anime, this really feels like a team sport where many people carry the weight of the team.
Yeah, i mean you said you dislike sports genre

Oh well i like Tajima on Ookiku XD
Apr 9, 2010 9:21 AM

Sep 2007
Oofuri~ I missed you! >o<
The episode was okay, but I expect more from the upcoming ones n.n

Apr 9, 2010 10:11 AM

Aug 2008
Laevantein said:
Yeah, i mean you said you dislike sports genre

Oh well i like Tajima on Ookiku XD

Yeah, in general, I dislike sports anime because they use the same tired approach as shounen action series. The more slice of life the better.

And I really like Tajima too.
Apr 9, 2010 1:33 PM
Aug 2009
I loved it! My eyes were watering I was so happy for the new season!

I'm glad we got to see more of Chiyo because I love her (: But I was sad we only got Junta flashbacks D:

Momokan! She was great! Her talk with Tajima was awesome. Hanai/Tajima is quickly becoming a favorite pair, and I missed Izumi's bluntness :D
Apr 9, 2010 3:46 PM

May 2008
Awesome!!!!! wish it were longer.....!!! i laughed so hard!!
arialeeApr 9, 2010 4:20 PM
Apr 10, 2010 3:35 AM

May 2009
It looks like DB has picked up the sieres too. Well, their release is propably SD, according to the file size, so I will wait for the Central-Anime HD version.
Apr 10, 2010 4:34 AM

Aug 2008
Finally someone in the show mentioned the giant boobs! I don't know why but that was something that really bugged me in the first season. A team full of teenage boys spend their time round a women whose tits are so big she has the prop them up with her crossed arms and squeezes them together whenever she gets excited, it just didn't make any sense!

Actually that was kinda interesting. The reason they don't mention it is because they don't want to sexualise her.
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Apr 13, 2010 3:37 PM

Jul 2009
I'm so effing happy I could cry T_T

TAJIMA!!!!!!
Apr 23, 2010 7:08 PM

Nov 2006
http://i42.tinypic.com/b5id8p.png

Look familiar to anyone? Gave me a good laugh.

Though I'm a bit late starting this, it sure it good to have Oofuri back.
Apr 23, 2010 10:55 PM

Jul 2007
I've missed oofuri, it was definitely in my top 10 anime that I wanted a sequel for.
I'm glad its finally back.

Tajima is as awesome as ever and Mihashi's facial expressions are as weird as always.
Jun 10, 2010 12:28 AM

May 2009
I am SO SO SO ELATED that this is back!! :D *sugoy!!*
What I love about this anime is the smooth animation, the detail of movements and the technicality in the dialog! :D I mean, it's awesome! (even though half the time i've got no clue what they're saying cuz i'm not into baseball) but this anime really makes me crave for more! :D
Yaaaaayeee for Mihashi!!! ^_^
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jun 27, 2010 12:18 AM

Mar 2010
finished watching the first season couple weeks ago decided to wait for this to finish before starting hope this season turns out to be just as good as the last

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Jan 19, 2011 12:06 PM

Feb 2009
Tajima showing off his awesomeness again,lol.Also cheer girls?! Do want!

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Aug 2, 2011 3:49 PM

Nov 2007
I loved this episode <3
The show's getting off to a great start. It was nice to see everyone in better animation, and there was a good amount of humour mixed in with the serious stuff. Now that Nishiura has played one game, they can't really catch people off-guard anymore. Abe's going to have a tough time with his pitch calling in future matches.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Feb 19, 2012 2:20 PM

Feb 2009
Awesome Tajima is awesome.
Dec 3, 2012 5:10 PM

Jul 2011
Tajima's a superstar. XD
Though if he used that memorization power to study, he'd do so well. o.o

The brother kinda pisses me off.

Damn. I'm going to want more after this season too.
Nov 1, 2013 7:11 PM

Jul 2012
Solid first episode. Tajima never fails to impress me! :)
Nov 22, 2013 8:41 PM

May 2012
Tajima is really an impressive character. He might sound like an idiot but he is one hell of a genius. An observant kid, straightforward and smart too. Nice VA too.

Haha, love Hanai's reaction when he said that he watched the same news too but still did not memorized the scores..
Dec 31, 2013 1:51 PM

May 2012
Honestly, I watched Oofuri because of Nakamura Yuuichi. But then TAJIMA appeared! OMG. He's my fave Oofuri character. Plus Tajima's VA; Shimono Hiro!!! I really like his voice :))) TAJIMAAAAAAAAAA <3
Jan 5, 2014 8:22 PM

Aug 2009
this first episode was ok for me, started off a bit slow. I did like the opening theme and the way it ended. so happy to see these characters again. and the animation has improved thats for sure. going to see what happens next!

May 14, 2014 7:09 PM

Apr 2014
Ahhh Hanai is so cute :)

Really liking the ED! This anime seems to hit all the right spots for OPs/EDs.
Apr 1, 2015 3:50 PM

Feb 2015
Was anyone super annoyed by the brother in the beginning or was that just me? Because right before the OP kicked in I was fuming.

(゚◇゚) but yay for second season!

/100 years late to the party
Apr 24, 2015 4:45 AM

Aug 2013
I already started to imagine that awful brother being defeated by our first years.
Sep 18, 2015 6:36 PM

Jul 2013
I love the new op and ed for second season!!! XD.
The story seemed to pick up from last season's espisode which is great.It was nice seeing them do some other school activities.
Dang,Tajima is so damn talented !!! He seems to be good at lots of sports.It's a good thing he came to Nishiura :D
It seems that Nishiura's cheerleading team is about to grow with those two girls from the dance club.
I can't say I exactly like Riou's brother wanting him to pump Tajima for information.That's so nasty!! I hope Tajima doesn't fall for it but the way how Momo is always able to manipulate him into playing a new position (lol at that scene by the way) is kinda worrisome :/
Mar 5, 2019 4:00 AM

Feb 2013
Tajima is too good at everything!
Nov 22, 2019 5:10 PM

Sep 2018
I hate that Roka guy!!! I will hate him more if he do cheating!!! And not to my baby Tajima!!!! Grrrrrrr

Mihashi and Tajima is like a twins !! Hahaha
Jul 22, 2021 1:13 AM

Dec 2020
ooo more screentime on the characters other than the main crew !! some of the (potential) cheer girls, super cute girls btw "are you guys aiming for hamada?" "nope no we just wanna dance :D" LOVE THEM. and some on rio's brother, specifically him analyzing the tousei vs nishiura's match. cool guy, we got some teases of his character too, and more of tousei's ex capt which i honestly really like. cool guy
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Any chances for season 3?

ToG25thBaam - Sep 22, 2013

17 by Ferrnn »»
May 3, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 2 Discussion

ridojiri - Apr 12, 2010

32 by TRC_Randy »»
Feb 12, 8:29 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nami_k - Jun 25, 2010

80 by _winterbear_ »»
Sep 11, 2022 12:45 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 3 Discussion

ridojiri - Apr 17, 2010

26 by yutaka_shin »»
Sep 9, 2021 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nami_k - Jun 17, 2010

85 by lizzziziz »»
Aug 16, 2021 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.