Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 30, 2021 2:37 AM

May 2021
Askechadd79 said:
spectrojan said:

Well what are the chances it would reach this level of popularity if people didn't think it was good?
Demon slayer is objectively not THAT good. It's appealing to most people because of top tier action and God level animation but the story and characters aren't that good.
Did you just say that unironically? Your opinion on the anime isn’t objective truth, buddy. Lmao.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Sep 30, 2021 2:41 AM
Jun 2021
MikitoList said:
Askechadd79 said:
Demon slayer is objectively not THAT good. It's appealing to most people because of top tier action and God level animation but the story and characters aren't that good.
Did you just say that unironically? Your opinion on the anime isn’t objective truth, buddy. Lmao.
bruh the story is not a matter of opinion. The way the author tried to connect one arc with another (that crow thingy) feels so forced and just lazy writing
Sep 30, 2021 2:49 AM

May 2021
Askechadd79 said:
MikitoList said:
bruh the story is not a matter of opinion. The way the author tried to connect one arc with another (that crow thingy) feels so forced and just lazy writing
Buddy, quite literally everything about writing, aka an ART form, is a matter of opinion. You literally just said "it's not a matter of opinion" and followed it with how it FEELS to you. Objectivity is based on fact. Do you need a definition of what a fact is?
My Candies:

Bonus:
Sep 30, 2021 3:18 AM
Jun 2021
MikitoList said:
Askechadd79 said:
Buddy, quite literally everything about writing, aka an ART form, is a matter of opinion. You literally just said "it's not a matter of opinion" and followed it with how it FEELS to you. Objectivity is based on fact. Do you need a definition of what a fact is?
the writing is lazy and that's a fact. Let's say the writing is ok but still,it's wayyy worse than tons of other anime and manga. Nobody cared about the demon slayer manga before the anime came out. Characters just suck,zentisu is a beyond bad character who made 2 of my friends drop this show, inosuke is overrated af,wonder why people call him GOAT,he's not even C tier, Nezuko is plot device and popular just cuz of pedos calling her their waifu
Sep 30, 2021 3:42 AM

Dec 2019
Demon Slayer is undeniably a juggernaut of a franchise.
Its success and what it achieved amazes me, and i'm hoping to see what's next in store from this cultural phenomenon of a show.
Sep 30, 2021 10:31 AM

May 2021
Askechadd79 said:
MikitoList said:
the writing is lazy and that's a fact. Let's say the writing is ok but still,it's wayyy worse than tons of other anime and manga. Nobody cared about the demon slayer manga before the anime came out. Characters just suck,zentisu is a beyond bad character who made 2 of my friends drop this show, inosuke is overrated af,wonder why people call him GOAT,he's not even C tier, Nezuko is plot device and popular just cuz of pedos calling her their waifu
Again, you say it’s a fact, but then state a bunch of opinions - and really stupid ones at that. You’re perfectly entitled to believe that the writing is bad. You’re not however, entitled to assert your opinion as fact. A fact is something proven to be true. You cannot prove the quality of writing. It’s a purely subjective field. The only objective quality of writing is the fact that something is written. I really thought that the difference between fact and opinion was something commonplace, and something that you learn in like 1st grade. It’s astonishing to me the amount of chronically online neanderthals who have been on the earth THIS long and still can’t understand the difference.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Sep 30, 2021 8:14 PM
Jun 2021
MikitoList said:
Askechadd79 said:
Again, you say it’s a fact, but then state a bunch of opinions - and really stupid ones at that. You’re perfectly entitled to believe that the writing is bad. You’re not however, entitled to assert your opinion as fact. A fact is something proven to be true. You cannot prove the quality of writing. It’s a purely subjective field. The only objective quality of writing is the fact that something is written. I really thought that the difference between fact and opinion was something commonplace, and something that you learn in like 1st grade. It’s astonishing to me the amount of chronically online neanderthals who have been on the earth THIS long and still can’t understand the difference.
ok let's say the writing is good. But is it better than tons of other anime/manga? In some cases,it's very noticeable to see that diffrence. Demon slayer writing is ok but not THAT good compared to those anime/manga in which you can very easily notice the good writing
Sep 30, 2021 8:28 PM
Aug 2020
Askechadd79 said:
mrsbokuto said:

doesn’t change what’s number 1
yeah it's no. 1,only in popularity

u right u right (word limit)
Sep 30, 2021 8:43 PM

May 2021
Askechadd79 said:
MikitoList said:
ok let's say the writing is good. But is it better than tons of other anime/manga? In some cases,it's very noticeable to see that diffrence. Demon slayer writing is ok but not THAT good compared to those anime/manga in which you can very easily notice the good writing
Again, it's entirely subjective. If you find that the writing is worse than other shows, then it is FOR YOU. There is no such thing as it being objectively worse or better than any other show, because it's not something that you can prove as fact. It's the same as saying me saying "Green is objectively the best color in the world." It is your opinion that demon slayer has worse writing than other shows. That's all there is to it.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Sep 30, 2021 9:02 PM
Jun 2021
MikitoList said:
Askechadd79 said:
Again, it's entirely subjective. If you find that the writing is worse than other shows, then it is FOR YOU. There is no such thing as it being objectively worse or better than any other show, because it's not something that you can prove as fact. It's the same as saying me saying "Green is objectively the best color in the world." It is your opinion that demon slayer has worse writing than other shows. That's all there is to it.
the writing being good or bad is a matter of fact. There are some people who can ignore the writing and still enjoy the show while some people notice the obvious flaws such as Zentisu being annoying as fck or Nezuko being no more than a plot device
Sep 30, 2021 9:10 PM

May 2021
Askechadd79 said:
MikitoList said:
the writing being good or bad is a matter of fact. There are some people who can ignore the writing and still enjoy the show while some people notice the obvious flaws such as Zentisu being annoying as fck or Nezuko being no more than a plot device
Again, you literally don't know what a fact is. If it's a fact, go find me the peer-reviewed scientific study proving, without any uncertainty, that the writing is bad. I'll make it easy for you, you won't. It's not an objective field. It's all purely based on your own opinion. Like you said, Zenitsu is flawed because he's annoying. However, he's my favorite character. I don't find him annoying in the slightest. Am I objectively wrong? I can't be objectively wrong about my own opinions buddy. How the characters, dialogue, story, and fights are written constitute my favorite aspects of the show; specifically the characters. I love the characters from this show over any other aspect. The characters are not objectively poorly written. That is not something you can prove. I promise you, this is common sense. It is VERY simple to understand. Your opinions aren't fact. How you feel about something isn't the standard. You are not the center of the world.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Oct 1, 2021 2:24 AM

Jan 2021
MikitoList said:
Askechadd79 said:
Again, you literally don't know what a fact is. If it's a fact, go find me the peer-reviewed scientific study proving, without any uncertainty, that the writing is bad. I'll make it easy for you, you won't. It's not an objective field. It's all purely based on your own opinion. Like you said, Zenitsu is flawed because he's annoying. However, he's my favorite character. I don't find him annoying in the slightest. Am I objectively wrong? I can't be objectively wrong about my own opinions buddy. How the characters, dialogue, story, and fights are written constitute my favorite aspects of the show; specifically the characters. I love the characters from this show over any other aspect. The characters are not objectively poorly written. That is not something you can prove. I promise you, this is common sense. It is VERY simple to understand. Your opinions aren't fact. How you feel about something isn't the standard. You are not the center of the world.

I am going to agree with you here. While some people might think that the writing or pacing is an issue, I think that its pretty great, so this is just a personal opinion, not a fact.
It feels like people forcibly find something about this anime and call it a flaw, for eg zenitsu being annoying. He is literally one of the best character in this show and the majority speaks for it, but there is a (small) loud minority that calls him annoying. They just hated how loved he is in the community so came with something to make him look bad.
I myself find the cast of demon slayer one of the most intriguing and genuinely well written, not just the Hashiras but the villains as well, but the people calling them bad are not stating facts but are being a great example of loud toxic minority.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Oct 1, 2021 2:33 AM
Jul 2018
I find this to be quite unfair. There are a lot of more deserving shows than KnY.

@KN24 no. It's maybe because most anime fans are of age 13 or below. So, popularity for such shows are automatically guaranteed
removed-userOct 2, 2021 11:58 PM
Oct 2, 2021 3:30 PM

Dec 2019
Ewmanga said:
I find this to be quite unfair. There are a lot of more deserving shows than KnY.

Unfair? We're talking about actual amount of household tuning in to watch the show.
Whatever narrow standards you set for a show to be called "good" doesn't apply here,
those shows probably weren't capable of tapping into an audience as wide as KnY.

Oct 2, 2021 11:53 PM
Jul 2020
Ewmanga said:
how is it unfair when those other shows are also treated with an equal amount of attention? Just say their not as enjoyable as KnY.
Oct 3, 2021 8:24 AM

Aug 2019
Askechadd79 said:
Not trying to be that one guy but why do demon slayer fans think popularity=good show.

Ikr? It's average at best. It wouldn't even have gotten that popular if not for ufotable's animation. Though, it does have potential to be good if it continues to improve like it did with Mugen Train when compared to the TV series.
Oct 5, 2021 7:16 AM

Jan 2021
Chota_Itachi said:
FZREMAKE said:

Hold up bro you changed it to second highest. I literally just said earlier that Kny mugen train and Kny s2 trailer has more views. So first is definitely not aot s4 (Kny mugen train with 19m+ views).
I dont know much about it myself but there are many anime trailers with more views than chainsaw man or (maybe) even kny mugen train.
1st )) MUGEN TRAIN
2nd )) AOT S4

3rd )) DEMON SLAYER S2

4th )) DuNnO......

I think its a bit late but I just found that Kny s2 trailer has 25m views so I guess its no 1 for now.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Oct 5, 2021 7:26 AM
Jul 2018
FZREMAKE said:
Chota_Itachi said:
1st )) MUGEN TRAIN
2nd )) AOT S4

3rd )) DEMON SLAYER S2

4th )) DuNnO......

I think its a bit late but I just found that Kny s2 trailer has 25m views so I guess its no 1 for now.
tooooo late I'd say
Nov 7, 2021 12:32 PM

Oct 2017
Askechadd79 said:
DamonElix said:

Huh? FMAB is a slog, I literally just dropped it after like 8 episodes. One of the worst shows I have watched.

I can't comment on HxH and Gintama cuz I haven't seen them. AoT had a decent story but we all know how that ended, kek.

All in all for an average anime watcher they only care about animation and production quality of fight scenes in an action anime. Story is just an added bonus.
i think youre talking about shounen. Many action manga/anime have amazing storyline for ex- Kingdom, tokyo ghoul, Vinland Saga

All three of them are seinen.
Nov 11, 2021 10:21 PM
Aug 2021
InspectorLunge said:
Askechadd79 said:
i think youre talking about shounen. Many action manga/anime have amazing storyline for ex- Kingdom, tokyo ghoul, Vinland Saga

silent voice,your lie in april, promised neverland, death note,aot.
Nov 12, 2021 12:31 PM

Oct 2017
Casi0us said:
InspectorLunge said:

silent voice,your lie in april, promised neverland, death note,aot.

Your point being? I wasn't stating anything.. I was just correcting their factual mistake.
Nov 12, 2021 3:26 PM
Aug 2021
I was giving shounen examples
Nov 17, 2021 9:53 PM
Jan 2021
aka_panda said:
Ufotable Godly Animation & Love for Japanese culture can do wonders y'know.

KnY is not trash by any means but the annoying fans need to shut up with their claims of Kny being "Peak fiction of Masterclass level"
No. Kimetsu is a MASTERPIECE.
Dec 3, 2021 5:58 AM
Nov 2021
spectrojan said:
Askechadd79 said:
Not trying to be that one guy but why do demon slayer fans think popularity=good show.

Well what are the chances it would reach this level of popularity if people didn't think it was good?
as much as I agree, shows get overated for different reasons other than the overall quality of the show...fr example, some people can like a show just coz of the abundance of service
Dec 3, 2021 8:34 AM
Jan 2021
aka_panda said:
A-SimpleMan said:
No. Kimetsu is a MASTERPIECE.

Meh Taste Detected
Opinion Rejected
like I give a f* even if YOU reject my opinion.
Kimestu is a MASTERPIECE.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» So the movie was pointless? ( 1 2 )

ibm30rpg - Sep 26, 2021

61 by IDontWishToBe »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Movie: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Oct 19, 2020

396 by Lostz0 »»
Yesterday, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Movie or show?

Fishb0i - May 28, 2023

24 by Fishb0i »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:48 AM

» enmu

blaze_sir - Apr 26, 2023

11 by NotScout70 »»
Apr 28, 2023 8:17 AM

» Plot hole? Or me being ignorant. (Spoilers)

lFrogs - Mar 26, 2022

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Jan 25, 2023 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.