Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 9, 2021 4:04 PM
Sep 2019
So far im having a sort of slime and jobless reincarnation in this series
Oct 9, 2021 5:13 PM

Nov 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed that,though I do admit,it was a bit rushed,they mostly got in how Will and his family get on with each other.Hopefully they'll also put in more about magic,and the gods Like Gracefeel et al,but all in all,not a bad adaption from the LN.
Oct 9, 2021 5:28 PM

Oct 2018
Finally, the isekai without the rpg game elements. High Fantasy Isekai are very rare this days unlike those isekai's putting game elements to there world when it's not even a game. To your Eternity and LotR vibes I feel it...
Oct 9, 2021 5:50 PM
Jul 2018
that was cool, there are several things that are interesting is the protagonist himself already has several mysteries and questions about the world where he is, but this anime is really good I'm looking forward to next episodes.
Oct 9, 2021 5:55 PM
Aug 2017
Oriotiar said:
The pacing was a bit too fast, especially as a LN reader, but I took a look at the manga and that ep only covered 3 chapters so not that fast compared to the manga.

Normally that would be the case with manga where a chapter is 20 pages, the manga for this one has double the page length (40) per chapter, so it's more like they adapted 6 chapters, which is quite a bit to compress
Oct 9, 2021 6:11 PM
Dec 2019
This isekai is mysterious. I have so many questions about their world. So far it's pretty interesting.
Oct 9, 2021 6:31 PM
Feb 2018
The end with Mary was heart jerking
Oct 9, 2021 8:06 PM

Jan 2011
forgot this was coming out.

i have nothing bad to say as of now which for a isekai is an impressive start ...not that i have much to say about it
Oct 9, 2021 8:11 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Using the normal format for premiere, as its end with the supposed to be the opening. The plot also using such a classic way, starting off with mc being retold his background, even if its just a very vague one. The story seems intriguing enough, its not a game, a sad rpg rip-off same story, or whatever else its called. This is just full of fantasy elements i am always excited. Because this world, just full of gods. Idk if that matters enough for the future plot. But, looking at the premises, damn, can't wait for it all to happen. I mean, his adventures. But, i must be patience enough, because looks like these series use a slow pace to building up all of its plot. Alright, then.

The mc being an otherworlder (Isekaied), honestly for me, its kinda be a sad excuse to reveal to starting up the story and being the reason behind mc reliability on these first episode, example with that little training with Blood. I honestly thought this is just a simply fantasy story about boy getting adoption from an undead, and start adventuring by himself to getting know more about the world.

But, looks like the author don't mind using that, and, yeah, i can be fine with that. However, other than that, i think the plot so far keeps intriguing me because its simple fantasy story already building up all my own excitement.

So, lets see if the story keeps interesting me, or dull like the other generic lameass isekai i've ever watch so far. Faraway Paladin, hope its stays decent like this....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 9, 2021 9:24 PM

Mar 2019
Not bad.. but not interesting at all too.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Oct 9, 2021 9:56 PM

Aug 2020
Pacing in this episode was worse than Blue Period, I didn't like the voice acting much either, especially from Will's inner monologue. This will be my first drop of the season if the next episode isn't better

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Oct 9, 2021 10:46 PM
Jun 2015
Hey look at that, you CAN in fact make a good Isekai story about getting a second chance at doing something with your life without infesting with gross pedophile pandering bullshit and other stupidly gross pointless shit.
Oct 9, 2021 10:56 PM
Jun 2015
geptor said:
You may be badmouthing Mushoku but at least it had story twists. And 'dirty jokes' were incorporated into story. Even certain panties have very important role.
This one yet to leave generic trope of 're-incarnated protag raised to powerful hero'. Execution might be decent but it is not enough in 2021.

MT is the same thing except trashy and pedo.
Oct 9, 2021 11:53 PM

Oct 2010
doomrider7 said:

MT is the same thing except trashy and pedo

I won't tell you to accept things you do not accept.
But for me protag who have sex drive is more realistic and interesting then someone who can not hold girl's hand after 100 episodes of blatant flirting.
Oct 10, 2021 12:03 AM

Dec 2020
nah bro fuck this im liking the characters a bit too much especially the undead ones and i just KNOW something will happen to them im not ready for that
Oct 10, 2021 12:13 AM

Oct 2016
That was a really good start! There's some resemblance with Mushoku, but it's also really different and unique. A better transition between scenes and stuff would have been nice though, giving us a bit of breathing room to absorb the story. But so far, this really has a lot of potential and I look forward to seeing where it goes. A well made fantasy world is always nice.
Oct 10, 2021 2:31 AM

Aug 2020
What a shame . I can almost feel the potential this holds . But the productional factors are really being a deadweight and squandering the hope for this anime . The pacing felt off in some scenes , the animation is very choppy and characters are going offmodel in the 1st ep itself . i fear to think of what the future eps holds . I am really intrigued by the 3 undead characters and what their pasts hold . They all seem very idiosyncratic in their own way , and is also a breath of fresh air from the usual litter seen. the MC doesnt interest me , though he shows potential .
But its gonna have to try real hard to pull me back . i can only see it going downhill from here , but as always i am very open to surprises.

Another one to add under the "disappointed" list for this season. Sigh.....
Oct 10, 2021 3:51 AM
Sep 2016
saifors said:
Oriotiar said:
The pacing was a bit too fast, especially as a LN reader, but I took a look at the manga and that ep only covered 3 chapters so not that fast compared to the manga.

Normally that would be the case with manga where a chapter is 20 pages, the manga for this one has double the page length (40) per chapter, so it's more like they adapted 6 chapters, which is quite a bit to compress

True, but it doesn't seem like they skip anything except Gus explaining that good or evil is a label human gave to the gods, and that happened near the end of ch 3 so they probably just push it to the next episode, so not that bad.
I would have preferred they follow the LN rather than the manga tho, but I guess that would have made it even slower.
Oct 10, 2021 4:00 AM

Nov 2013
This was a very promising start. I liked the ED. It seems (and I hope it's so) there won't be many characters, cities and towns. It seems more like an adventure story similar to MMORPG where there are more "mobs" than there are NPC's you can interact with.
Oct 10, 2021 4:41 AM
Oct 2018
I felt like it was too rushed. Halfway through the episode I left and checked the manga (since I couldn't find the LN) and they cut a lot... well, I don't know if it's just a 1st episode thing or if it will continue this way
Akkarin! Hai!
Oct 10, 2021 4:46 AM
Sep 2021
I definitely enjoyed it much more than I thought I would (I read the first few chapters of the manga and dropped it). I still feel like the pacing is a bit too fast though. I get that the story isn't meant to focus on the MC growing up, but I still find it hard to get attached to the undead and the MC with 8 years being portrayed in 20 minutes
Oct 10, 2021 6:56 AM

Jul 2008
Hmmm not sure how I felt about this one, I was bored through the entire episode.
I will try some more to have answers about all this undead things, but the MC is kinda bland, I didn't feel attached. Not enough past-life, not enough drama for me.
Oct 10, 2021 9:24 AM

Sep 2018
Started just out of curiosity, for now I will give only very superficial comments on this anime, if at the end of the season I like it, then I will review it giving a more exhaustive critique. A first episode that did not surprise me that much, especially after having understood that it belongs to the category of "Isekai", but that has not bored me, so for now I continue to follow this anime, hoping for the best.
Oct 10, 2021 9:29 AM

Aug 2010
I had decent expectation for the story and low expectation for the presentation, and both are fulfilled so I had a decent experience with this episode. Like the premise and the characters so far.
Oct 10, 2021 9:40 AM

Dec 2019
I love the ending song ~ gave me little bit of pieces Miho Fukuhara vibes.
Once a flower withered, it can never bloom again..

Oct 10, 2021 10:37 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm twas nb for a slower paced animes. every now and then the epicness of certain things takes time, and this looks like it will have something glorious.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 10, 2021 12:17 PM
Apr 2015
It was a really good first episode, for an isekai it already feels more unique, so people should stop comparing. This story seems to be more emotional, deep and darker, and the characters relationship is great. I’m definitely looking forward to see more of Will and the undead.
Oct 10, 2021 1:32 PM

Nov 2012
eplipswich said:
Pre_Yum said:
All I have to say is that I like the start of this show. And, I have high expectations from this show as I've actually placed my bet on this show in FAL. LMAO

We'll see how that goes. LOL

Hahaha, same sentiments with the FAL here.

This is surprisingly a strong start to this series, showing the early developments of the human protagonist and the 3 undeads that raise him. Here's looking forward to more!

Ssme here! The pacing seemed a bit fast, but I did like it and have it on the FAL team.
Oct 10, 2021 2:58 PM
Aug 2021
one of the best first episodes so far
Oct 10, 2021 3:06 PM
Sep 2019
Very good ep 1
I’m not really into isekis that much but this one was interesting looking forward to more
Oct 10, 2021 3:51 PM
Jul 2013
I thought Will had brown hair.
Oct 10, 2021 7:15 PM
Dec 2007
Pretty nice first episode. It did remind me of Mushoku Tensei, which is actually a good thing. I went into MT last year with zero expectations and now its my favorite LN and one of my favorite animes. Maybe the same will happen with this.
Oct 10, 2021 10:39 PM
Jul 2021
ShadowMaster-Zed said:
I thought Will had brown hair.

i seem many people here confuse because the manga.

the art style following the LN

because the manga art style not completely following the LN.

reading the LN is recomended for understanding the art style choice now.
RedCobra75Oct 10, 2021 11:37 PM
Oct 10, 2021 10:52 PM

Oct 2013
Awesome first episode, probably the show of the season for me. I have no idea how that isn't a 5/5 across the board for everyone else.
Oct 11, 2021 1:30 AM

Dec 2016
It was an OK start, didn't find it boring. It obviously reminded me of Mushoku Tensei. But this one is definitely dull than Mushoku Tensei then again it is worth continuing.
Oct 11, 2021 1:48 AM
Apr 2021
KANLen09 said:
This show gives me more of Fumetsu no Anata e vibes, just add the Mushoku Tensei Isekai inspiration fantasy lick to it.

Damn that’s exactly how I felt about when watching it
Oct 11, 2021 5:28 AM
Mar 2012
liking the magic mechanics, pronounciation affects the magic etc, and cute mc fighting efficiently rather than op mana like every other isekai.
Unique undead family designs & personalities. Ghost with earmuffs, skeleton praising muscles, & mummy summoning bread, all the fun weirdness.
Oct 11, 2021 12:06 PM

Jul 2015
this show really feels like a Mushoku Tensei inspired show.. Not as bad as to call it a rip off but would say this.. the 1st episode hasn't had anything unique or amazing like Mushoku Tensei.. something that would captivate the heart..
The premise looks interesting but they haven't exactly given us anything of thrill to get hyped or excited upon.
The characters are good enough.. not the most interesting but they might be able to do their job of portraying the story thru and thru.
The MC is kinda bland tho.. not really a fan of goody 2 shoes MC..
Oct 11, 2021 8:18 PM

Jan 2021
Looking forward to how this anime develops. I like Will and the rest of the characters from this episode.
Oct 11, 2021 10:59 PM

Dec 2017
I am never trusting this studio again.
For those saying the anime is following the LN artstyle, no it's not. Try getting a better look.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Oct 12, 2021 8:25 AM
Mar 2021
This seem like a wholesome isekai anime. It seems there will be sad moment too in the future and the fact that his family is undead also make me think like this.

It doesn't seem like it will be harem or have unnecessary fan service so I will definitely continue this!
Oct 12, 2021 9:42 AM
Oct 2021
I see a lot of reviews calling SnP out for having poor pacing in the first episode, like it’s rushed or sometimes comparing it to the manga as a better source material.

This is not the case at all. The manga’s first three chapters are very awkward and the pacing is completely off. There are several unnecessary time skips in between general lessons that seem like they should come first.

In contrast the first episode manages to get these life lessons to flow properly and build intrigue surrounding the characters without feeling unnatural. To be fair, the manga is segmented more than the anime so defined breaks are to be expected. That does not mean an anime adaptation needs to spend half the season world-building. Basic premises in episode one to layout an understanding, then deepening that understanding in another episode is definitely acceptable.

The first episode is faithful to the source, simply reorganized to flow better. I think the animation is crisp and I expect good things going forwards.

As for being inspired by Mushoku Tensei, that is just a remnant of the isekai ln industry starting off. MT is basically the first isekai ln, taking inspiration from it is to be expected. Saihate no Paladin isn’t cheapened by the comparison either, they may both be isekai anime’s but they are still very separate conceptually. Personally I rank Saihate’s first episode way above Mushoku’s.
Oct 12, 2021 10:17 AM

Apr 2015
It was alright. Not much shown so far so would need to see further episodes to make any judgments
Oct 13, 2021 7:26 AM

Jan 2018
Interesting.
This doesn't seem like a typical isekai where the hero was summoned or died and reincarnated overpowered. It's more like reincarnation in Hinduism or other eastern faiths where the mc can only vaguely remember his past lives. So it's not like that will give him any major advantage. Instead it seems it'll mainly be used for story and character motivation which I like.
The animation doesn't look like anything to write home about so far but it's far from terrible.

I don't understand why people are comparing this to MT. Since when is Jobless Reincarnation the standard for judging isekai anime out of all things? Am I missing something or is this dumb like I think it is?
0451Oct 13, 2021 12:59 PM
Oct 13, 2021 8:02 AM

Jul 2009
0451 said:
I don't understand why people are comparing this to MT. Since when is Jobless Reincarnation the standard for judging isekai anime out of all things? Am I missing something or is this dumb like I think it is?

The author said he was inspired by MT but besides the MC being reincarnated as a newborn, growing up, learning magic etc., I really don't see any other similarities.
Oct 13, 2021 10:51 AM

Apr 2015
That better be some god damn divine bread for her to burn for it like that instead of just baking it the normal way...

That said, this is a fairly lackluster opening. Just exposition upon exposition upon exposition, and not even the subtle kind.
Oct 13, 2021 4:43 PM

May 2015
I love Blood. He's so good.

I can tell I'm really gonna enjoy this.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 14, 2021 2:19 AM
Mar 2019
I enjoy all the open ended questions. Why is will being raised by undead, how did they die, what is the destroyed city?

I'll admit I've read none of the source material but depending on how impatient I am waiting between episodes I may need to jump in.
Oct 15, 2021 7:30 AM
May 2018
A high fantasy story with some dark elements and apparently no harem/ecchi? Count me in.

Promising start, not perfect, but not disappointing either.

I noticed from the start this was likely inspired by Mushoku Tensei, but judging by first episode and the opening, this seems to be going in another direction, thankfully.
Oct 15, 2021 9:27 PM

Apr 2018
Honestly I would say that I am very intriogued the first ep was really good imo. Im really intrigued about the world and why the 3 Monsters decided to raise a kid. Im also intrigued about the gods.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2021

80 by Propper »»
Jun 4, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2022

87 by Rohtendo »»
May 15, 9:22 PM

» They Ruined One of my Favorite Scenes in Manga (Spoilers)

FigJim - Jul 7, 2022

12 by Amatsukaze24 »»
May 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2021

59 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 10 Discussion

Pre_Yum - Dec 18, 2021

46 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 4:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.