Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 22, 2021 1:56 PM

Jul 2019
Really liked the episode. Very nice seeing the characters getting some development as that is, from what i saw, the overall biggest complain for the first episode. The visuals are still good, as expected. The best part was seeing Nagara smiling.
R0rack said:
Gwenpool said:
I feel like this show isn't very good at transitions. Sometimes it's hard to tell what's a flashback and what's happening now, because they weren't clear. I understood it soon enough, but I think it would have been better if things were clearer here. It doesn't seem to be a stylistic choice, either; it just happens.

It's totally a stylistic choice. Natsume said in an interview that he didn't want to explain anything to the audience (hence why there are no inner monologues), so I think he has a pretty clear idea of how he wants everything to feel.
I like it, it adds to the feeling of desorientation, lol
Although i do believe it is a stylistic choice, i gotta be honest that i still dont really liked it, as i honestly think the episode would be better if it had slower and more natural transitions.
Jul 22, 2021 2:06 PM
Feb 2021
Can someone explain to me the relationship between Mizuho and the teacher, were they romantically involved because of the rings? or was she mimicking the teacher's present marriage(making assumptions) in a sense attempting to be like his wife?

Could your clarify my doubt please and thanks
Jul 22, 2021 2:18 PM
Apr 2019
This episode was great like the first. I Have very high hopes for this.
Jul 22, 2021 2:21 PM

Jul 2020
good episode although I'm a little bit confused and what's the point of the story and what it leads to

they just want to go back to the real world that's for sure.. pretty interesting

Venomforce said:
Can someone explain to me the relationship between Mizuho and the teacher, were they romantically involved because of the rings? or was she mimicking the teacher's present marriage(making assumptions) in a sense attempting to be like his wife?

Could your clarify my doubt please and thanks

I think you are right, they might have something between them. sorta lovers i say
Jul 22, 2021 2:35 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
It's nice to find an isekai that doesn't have fantasy or video game elements so this show is like a breath of fresh air. I like the visuals too.
Jul 22, 2021 2:38 PM
Jul 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It seems everyone is adapting with their new lives after the incident from the first episode. Trying to get back to their original world isn't easy but at least they can survive for now.

Seems the anime is testing the characters to survive collectively on that world. I find the episode kinda thrilling that way.

It looks that way but it also looks as if they don't have any memories or knowledge of what happened in episode 1, because we clearly saw that the boy with the star mole is a "bad" character but in this episode everyone seems to not recollect of those events.
Jul 22, 2021 2:50 PM

May 2021
Nice episode. Nice portrayal of how the flux of information could influence our behaviour and power dynamic. I hope that the introduction of a transaction system could induce some nice plot after this. The only thing that I don't really like it is that it is extremely in your face, but I guess that if they want to discuss and evaluate more topics through the concept of powers they have to do so. Don't really sold to the info dump guy too. Aesthetic is fantastic though

Jul 22, 2021 2:58 PM

Nov 2014
Brack said:
That bit where you suddenly hear a deep male voice you've not heard before and the listener turns round and it's Hoshi talking in their usual voice was a superb bit of unnerving audio.

I rewatched that scene 3 times. It's obviously intentional, but it's so out of place that I thought it was a mistake.

Anyway, I'm calling it already. AOTS for sure.
Jul 22, 2021 3:08 PM

Aug 2020
YOOOO this show is hype. I love the new art style and the direction of the way that the show is going. Looks like there is some sort of 2 world thingo going on where they are living what the person's school trauma is like, which I find quite interesting.

Also this island episode was very enjoyable and felt more like an hour long episode rather then a 24 min episode, well done Madhouse.

Looking forward to the next one.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Jul 22, 2021 4:02 PM

Mar 2018
made and upscaled a background if anyone wants it...

https://i.imgur.com/F6StZIu.png
Jul 22, 2021 4:14 PM

Jun 2019
My brain legit hurts, I only know that free stuff is bad.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Jul 22, 2021 4:36 PM

Aug 2017
i honestly thought this might be some fun action fighting anime but so far it's been boring
Jul 22, 2021 4:43 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Another interesting, yet peculiar episode. Narratively, it looks like this show is focusing on societal norms. The first episode focused on power structure, while this episode focused on the trading of goods and monetary transactions. I saw someone say this was political, and that was a really smooth brain take.

The only real issue I have with this so far is that it's what I like to call a "quick cut show". Where there are multiple quick cuts that happen throughout the episode making it hard to both read subtitles and see what's happening on screen. I missed a lot of what was being said about the teacher, the whatever the document the girl was holding, the things that were being said online, and so on. It's inherently harder for a non-Japanese speaker to watch shows like this.

Regardless, I think this is going to be the kind of show that will require multiple viewings to understand every nuance and subtle thing.
Jul 22, 2021 4:47 PM

Jun 2019
This definitely has the most potential of all the debuts so far this season. It has interesting characters, a mysterious world, and the threat of getting batshit insane in any episode. The different rules between worlds also adds a lot of potential, especially if they can continue to go to them after they open the door to the next one.
Jul 22, 2021 4:55 PM
May 2017
Just a theory but does anyone think this has a relation to the 9 levels of hell?
Jul 22, 2021 5:51 PM
Jul 2018
Finally, the mystery of the blue flames came back even better, it was interesting, I was curious to know who was responsible for all of this throughout the episode, But actually it was the laws of that world and that was very creative.
Jul 22, 2021 5:52 PM
Jun 2020
Zerotohero123 said:
Just a theory but does anyone think this has a relation to the 9 levels of hell?

Honestly no clue, but that would be really cool.
Jul 22, 2021 5:58 PM
Jul 2021
Honestly this episode make things more dinamic, I like the way that make flashbacks naturally and how the things are goning, I love make theories and this anime give me exactly what I want...
Jul 22, 2021 6:05 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Another strange episode, if i can be honest here. Still no oped sequence, which is kinda not so surprising, considered they are surely trying to build up the story. Much more explanations over their new whole areas. Deserted island this time, with its own rules, causing blue fires if you took something without another concern about the other side.

Mizuho power and whats caused it. The teacher and her conflict with the student council. The misunderstanding happened with the blue fires incident, and its still around those shady student council. I feel like those Hoshi guy knew it all along. His power still a vague though, was that just that imagination? Or there's more? Then the way the show portray him, obviously give such a sus vibe.

Anyway, Nagara got some character development, and be the reason to stop all the problems on those island that first caused by Mizuho's case of misunderstanding. By the help of the genius dude Rajdhani invention, a whole students got a new lifes at those island with some new trade system intacted. But, the hope to get back to their own world still extant. By the power of compass Nozomi had, and some good link Nagara got, they might've been able to be back, perhaps.

Still, its pretty sure its not so easy to applies. Moreover with the whole mystery that caused them drift, this show truly need some new parts before the end....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 22, 2021 6:15 PM
Nov 2013
Judevin said:
Fuck Hoshi
All my homies hate Hoshi

yeah my brother fuck this guy he should just go bathe in that blue fire
Jul 22, 2021 6:21 PM
Dec 2020
this anime give me Shinsekai Yori vibes. its mystery and thought provoking ways is really nice. definitely redefine isekai meaning.
Jul 22, 2021 7:49 PM
Aug 2019
Brack said:
That bit where you suddenly hear a deep male voice you've not heard before and the listener turns round and it's Hoshi talking in their usual voice was a superb bit of unnerving audio.

I thought it was my imagination lol. It was creepy for me too
Jul 22, 2021 7:59 PM
Apr 2018
This episode proves that this anime will just get better as more episodes are released.
Jul 22, 2021 8:22 PM

Mar 2016
This is so fun!! I love how they are building the rules of magic. And, they're not using the magic to fight, but rather treating it like a mystery to be solved.

So far, the Nyamazon girl has the coolest power.

What's wrong with Hoshi? He seems quite evil. I like him so far. Also, I wonder what his power actually is. Does it show people visions? And, what's with that molester's voice he occasionally makes?

The girl who stole the lipstick reminds me of Drew Tanaka. She even behaves like an arsehole! (Actually, I think she's worse than Drew, which makes her more fun.)

It's nice they mentioned about the electricity and water and food restocking themselves. And, major injuries healing on their own next day. But, now I am wondering why the food wasn't enough in episode 1. Maybe it's because there was no day/night cycle back then.

I am loving the way the episodes have no soundtrack. The mood is completely created by the background noises.
Jul 22, 2021 8:35 PM

May 2012
Am I the only one who tried to scan the qr code?
Jul 22, 2021 9:10 PM

Jul 2017
Another intriguing episode, with the setting and structure only getting more and more bizarre yet more fascinating at the same time. And I'm so glad it's not just some death game in disguise, there's actual real mystery to figuring out what all is happening here and why everyone is involved in this situation. If this show manages to connect most of the dots by the end, I can definitely see this being my Anime of the Season. This feels like my type of show and atmosphere, something I've been wanting for a long time.
Jul 22, 2021 9:42 PM

Jan 2020
Great episode. Glad that they're focusing on the characters and their interactions with each other. The ED really slaps.

One thing though, didn't one student say at the beginning of the episode that they don't have internet? Then genius guy developed an app and said they can use it via internet, or am I missing something?
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jul 22, 2021 9:43 PM
Jul 2021
Seems like the show is focusing on the "in-between" days, by that I mean that episode 1 started a week into the start of 'this world' and now it's been a month since they changed worlds and off screen Nagara found pathways to alternate worlds. None of the direct aftermath of any of these events are shown. 1 event is only shown up to when it occurs as a flashback (when they start drifting), 1 event is shown in line with the events of the show but almost immediately time skips several weeks done don't see the aftermath (changing worlds), and inbetween that time skip a major event is mentioned off screen (Nagara's discovery), however it seems like this is intentional and its interesting to see the character relationships change so quickly.
As a note; I'm really happy they're doing something in Rajhandi, I was worried he was going to be another sci-fi explainer side character but he actually gets a character which is always nice.
CerdonJul 22, 2021 9:49 PM
Jul 22, 2021 10:16 PM

Jan 2020
It's felt like ages since I watched the pre air for the first episode so I may or may not have forgotten some things but oh well. I'm sure I'll catch on sooner or later

It's a little tough to follow at times with the quick cuts but I do think that makes it more interesting and refreshing especially when paired up with the art style.

I wish they played the opening visuals lol

Jul 23, 2021 12:30 AM
Jan 2021
elany said:
Brack said:

I rewatched that part like 5 times trying to figure out if it was Hoshi talking or if it was supposed to be somebody else but nope there they were, just Hoshi standing in front of the class like nothing's wrong.
Got me thinking about how there's no VA listed for them on MAL even tho there's one on ANN and whether there's something there. We also still don't know what Hoshi's power is either
Isn't Hoshi's power make you see things? Like with the burning forest Mizuho saw...
Jul 23, 2021 12:46 AM
Aug 2020
Something that definitely makes it interesting so far is how more serious stuff can happen, but the series never feels depressing or hopeless.

Constantly I feel like this is a show that could get really depressing really quickly, but the way things are going they seem to want to try to stay positive as the characters are hopeful of MAYBE being able to get out
Jul 23, 2021 1:03 AM

Dec 2020
show's trippy as fuckkkk but i love it. really charming
Jul 23, 2021 1:07 AM

Nov 2010
FuMomo-kun said:
I am loving the way the episodes have no soundtrack. The mood is completely created by the background noises.
R0rack said:
Anyway, Hoshi seems like he knows something of these worlds that nobody else knows. And it is kind of creepy that there is no VA for him in MAL, lol.

Also, don't know if anybody noticed, but the first episode had NO music at all, while this one had just two tracks, which were AWESOME. The anime is so good visually that you don't notice it, but the sound design is on another level, honestly.
Unfortunately there was no Shanghai in this episode, but BGM was used. As for the "no VA for him in MAL", it comes from MAL's laziness. There was the credit for "the voice" that was played by Ookawa Tooru.
Jul 23, 2021 1:27 AM

Apr 2018
i'm purely back to show some support for hoshi
love my slimy weasel boy, you do you, you absolute menace

Okay so i'm not just wasting space, i will say that seeing GNB do an anime op is is pretty unexpected
i'm not super familiar with them bc my tastes lie more with the likes of buck-tick et al, but i know enough to know what a strange occurrence this is lmao song's a banger tho, so i'm for sure not complaining
elanyJul 23, 2021 1:54 AM
Jul 23, 2021 1:29 AM

Mar 2021
Quite bizarre but at the same it's fascinating, I'm intrigued to see how this plays out.
Track 8 on The Notorious B.I.G's Ready To Die
Jul 23, 2021 1:42 AM

Dec 2013
Very exciting show. I wonder how they're gonna keep things fresh for 10 episodes
Jul 23, 2021 6:16 AM

Oct 2012
Second episode was definitely lacking compared to the first one.

I feel like a lot was skipped over in the 1 month after they found an exit from the school building, and ngl it felt like a filler episode.

Third episode will make or break it for me.
Jul 23, 2021 6:19 AM
Jul 2021
It's a very dull anime by all means
Jul 23, 2021 6:39 AM
Jan 2021
Y’all I’m really kinda lovin it. It’s at that point where it’s so mysterious that you wanna know more but has such interesting occurrences and interactions that it doesn’t get bland. The latest episode was no change in that direction. With the blue fires and the realization of their method of work they were also able to throw in current things like cryptocurrency while also giving a reference to Mario? Just kinda rad. Not to mention it’s giving me some theories on the meaning of this world and yeehaw! Is it cool to think about.
Jul 23, 2021 7:17 AM

Apr 2020
I have a weird feeling that he knows more than hes letting on. If theres an antagonist in this show, it would most definitly be him. I feel like hes trying to pull strings on everyone.

Jul 23, 2021 7:48 AM
Jan 2021
how did Mizuho build the castle using her cats? seems like an important detail they skipped
Jul 23, 2021 10:19 AM

Jul 2020
Damn, it's been a month since I've seen the first episode

Anyways, I found this episode to be great! It will definitely be interesting to see what happens next now that Nozami has revealed what her power is
Jul 23, 2021 10:30 AM

Oct 2016
Another wtf but fantastic episode. I didn't even notice that there was no background music again this episode until I saw someone mention it, the atmosphere of the show is just that good.

Man, I wanna punch Hoshi in the face so bad, though I am looking forward to finding out more about him and what's with that reaper voice with him. Mizuho was great, there's some pretty real portrayal of characters in here, very realistic character traits and a bunch of political power shit.

Nagara is able to find doors leading to other worlds, I guess he was the reason they were transported to the island when he jumped with Nozomi, I wonder if that is his power or related to it. Based on Nozomi's power I guess they need to jump through multiple worlds until they get nearer and nearer to their original world. Really looking forward to what kind of amazing fuckery next episode will bring.

Raj really created his own crypto lmao.
Jul 23, 2021 10:43 AM

Aug 2015
I love this Anime, my favourite of the season so far, looking forward to more.

I love:

• The artstyle
  • The animation
  • The lack of an OST
  • The fact that we don't know what's upcoming - we can only speculate
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jul 23, 2021 10:45 AM

Mar 2017
There's this horrible growing tension among the students and it's being fuelled by the student council. It seems like they'll do anything and screw over anyone to be in a position of power, especially Hoshi... still can't work out what his deal is, the little sociopath!
Jul 23, 2021 12:57 PM

Mar 2016
Wait... it's the cats who bring anything Mizuho wants ? Oo
Also what is Rajdhani power exactly ?
Tachikoma saves the day !!!
Jul 23, 2021 2:01 PM

Jul 2019
sKyBlazer08 said:
I didn't even notice that there was no background music again this episode
There was background music this episode, it was only 2 tracks, but they were there
Jul 23, 2021 2:37 PM

Apr 2019
That was a pretty interesting episode. I suppose that there'll always be some sort of gimmick when coming to a "new world". I wonder how long they'll stay on this island for?

So it looks like Nozomi is possibly the key back to their own world; figured as much after the first ep. Cool name for her power tho, "compass".

Also that ED is a straight banger. That is all.
Jul 23, 2021 2:40 PM

Nov 2012
When everyone seemed to think Mizuho is the one creating the blue fires I thought it the Class Rep framing her. As noted by the flashback where we see they had previous issues dating back to the school election. Maybe it really was just this world's rule of equivalent exchange, Mizuho herself states she was solely responsible for the last fire.

Alot more focus on the birds, early into the ep Asakaze told us through his reconnaissance that the tropical world was nothing but the island and endless sea. Are birds the only ones that can cross the gap into the "Other Worlds?"

Both Nozomi and Hoshi continue to be suspicious, they know more about these worlds then they let on. The two aren't mutually working together however.
Jul 23, 2021 2:55 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Too long since the first episode. It was just a watch it and hope it makes sense at the end. Mostly accomplished but not entirely. No attachment to anyone except maybe the cats. Just along for the ride on this one. However, it is the first anime series that I have not been able to assign a score 2 episodes in. It's just too strange to really have a feel for it yet. LOL
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sonny Boy Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

161 by Zorpanur »»
May 27, 2:44 AM

» S2.

aurora_yuuki - Apr 4

19 by Reelens »»
May 26, 7:09 PM

Poll: » Sonny Boy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2021

143 by Zorpanur »»
May 26, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Sonny Boy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jamk_ - Jun 18, 2021

270 by Zorpanur »»
May 26, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Sonny Boy Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2021

296 by mabba »»
Apr 28, 5:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.