Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 14, 2021 4:33 AM
Apr 2021
Because people have different taste? And not everyone likes shounens? I, personally don't like mha , because it's childish (imo) and not really the type of anime I like to watch. (I don't care about the fandom tbh). Just not my cup of tea. Ofc I have a lot of friends that adore mha, but not everyone has to like every popular anime :)
Jun 14, 2021 4:34 AM
Jul 2020
Lightning2005 said:
because of fanbase and power of friendship plus mc is realy dumb sometimes
power of friendship? I don’t remember there being any. I also don’t recall Deku being stupid sometimes. Maybe I’m just forgetting some scenes but it seems like you’re just throwing shounen stereotypes on MHA because it’s “generic”
Jun 14, 2021 4:36 AM
Jun 2021
Jkappele said:
Lightning2005 said:
because of fanbase and power of friendship plus mc is realy dumb sometimes
power of friendship? I don’t remember there being any. I also don’t recall Deku being stupid sometimes. Maybe I’m just forgetting some scenes but it seems like you’re just throwing shounen stereotypes on MHA because it’s “generic”
just watch mha again and more ccarefully
Jun 14, 2021 4:37 AM
May 2021
Lightning2005 said:
Jkappele said:
any specific scenes you can name off the top of your head? Because I remember it pretty clearly and I can’t recall it ever happening. Maybe we just have different definitions of “power of friendship” tho.
Jun 14, 2021 4:40 AM
Jun 2021
Jkap66 said:
Lightning2005 said:
any specific scenes you can name off the top of your head? Because I remember it pretty clearly and I can’t recall it ever happening. Maybe we just have different definitions of “power of friendship” tho.
ok when deku was fighting that gentle guy he said that he wouldnt give up to see smile on eris face and that he wouldnt let him destroy that musical performance than he got up with and used his new ranged finger shot i dont remember name
Jun 14, 2021 4:46 AM
May 2021
Lightning2005 said:
Jkap66 said:
ok when deku was fighting that gentle guy he said that he wouldnt give up to see smile on eris face and that he wouldnt let him destroy that musical performance than he got up with and used his new ranged finger shot i dont remember name
To me that was Deku trying to not get hurt before the festival, but then realizing that gentle was strong and that he had to take it more seriously. Still I see what you mean, the *random speech with power up* trope is pretty annoying, even if it’s not used that much.
Jun 14, 2021 5:50 AM
May 2018
Good question, i love fairy tail and i hate Boku no hero

I think that i hate Boku no hero for 1 main reason ignoring the fandom, i HATE how they create nice characters with big potential, like the Guy that controll minds, but they use? NO, they Just make jokes about not being for class A

Other reasons: Bakugou, Mineta, All might, DEKU

Good points: the anime plot is nice and villains are so good too
Jun 14, 2021 6:28 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Contrary to most of your answers I neither have any interest in the fandom nor any issue with popular shoens. I quite like large parts of MHA however as a show it often flounders, with unclear goals and lackluster motivations. The characters are all decently interesting except deku who's story is just fine. Like ya he has no natural power and he endured a little bullying, so? Compared to the other members of the class like todoroki I think there plenty of more interesting people which only makes deku even less fun to watch "hey look guys, did you know you can use your feet alongside your fists!!".

The plot is also just a bit to simple. Whenever something interesting happens were dragging back to the school for another student Vs student test and it becomes mind numbingly repetitive.

Then there's the complete lack of a group. Maybe one of the things shoens are best known for is their group dynamics. Season 2 seems to set one up but then season 3 drops it. Without a solid group it makes the show scattered and just plain less fun to watch. Assination classroom is about the only anime I've seen that pulled off the idea of the whole class being the group. Mha does not in any satisfying way.

Finally the mylitple series crap means it's constantly being dragged out with massive gaps between. The series seriously struggles to ever have a sense of closure at the end of each arc, as it's to busy teasing the next one. This last point may be a me thing but I think 5 seasons of meh can never match one long season of compact greatness ergo fmab or soul eater.

In conclusion I don't hate mha, the production is definetly above average garnering some highs points from me but the story, characters and settings are all bland, dragged out and undefined. Nothing against anyone who likes it, again it looks and sounds really good and I can see the appeal but I most certainly don't hate it cause of fandom or popularity😎👍😅👍
Jun 14, 2021 6:30 AM
Feb 2021
I was about to type FANDOM but you know that already XD. Though really, the fandom is the thing that keeps everyone away from watching this anime. In fact, I saw many people get embarrassed for admitting liking BNHA. When the show it self is truly good.

Also mainstream, more than one S1 shonen-battle based anime are always destined to get hated.
In this blog, I saw many people commenting on how the show it self is typical or dumb and the MC ain't it. However, the issue is that people don't even bother to check out the anime.
Not to mention, everyone has their own tastes, so everyone got diff opinions on every anime. So it doesn't really make sense if you say the show is hated because it's bad, cause there are people like me who found the show to be good.
Jun 14, 2021 6:39 AM
May 2021
Well I don't hate it because of the Fandom which is pretty shitty for every anime but this is actually good till the second season
Season 3 is not that great its the second arc which saves it narrowly and season 4 was a massive letdown because as badass it should've been according to the storyline it had lackluster execution and was boring as fuck, Season 5 looks pretty good though at least better than the previous season.
Jun 14, 2021 6:39 AM
May 2021
Well I don't hate it because of the Fandom which is pretty shitty for every anime but this is actually good till the second season
Season 3 is not that great its the second arc which saves it narrowly and season 4 was a massive letdown because as badass it should've been according to the storyline it had lackluster execution and was boring as fuck, Season 5 looks pretty good though at least better than the previous season.
Jun 14, 2021 7:35 AM
Feb 2021
I don’t hate it, but I couldn’t watch it after season 1. If just feels like it’s missing something, the characters are annoying (especially the mc) and the plot is generic
Jun 14, 2021 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
Because of the fandom and Season 5 kinda getting boring. Season 4 wasn’t good either. If something good don’t happen this season, imma drop MHA
Jun 14, 2021 8:26 AM
Apr 2021
So I don't hate this anime, but I'm not fond of it either. I understand why some people might like it but I just don't like how most arcs are just training/tournament ones. It's just personally not my thing but then again, Fairy Tail is my favorite anime so it's just all preference.
Jun 14, 2021 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
GabrahamLincoln said:
I feel like quite often the loudest people are the ones with the most extreme opinions. Yeah there's some stupid stuff within the fandom, but like you pointed out, the show itself is good. However, it seems at times like all you hear are people either calling the show absolute garbage, or the greatest thing known to mankind. I personally don't think MHA is objectively bad. Sure there's some tropey/cringey stuff imo, plus other things I have criticisms of, but overall I like it and think it's good. On the other hand, I also don't think it's this absolutely groundbreaking, genre-defining masterpiece. To me it's just good and it stops there. Like some others pointed out it also happens to be very popular, which is a formula for attracting a ton of haters.

I totally agree! I rated this show an 8/10 because it’s been pretty good, just not great.
Jun 14, 2021 9:14 AM
Jan 2021
deku just stays deku after 5 seasons
Jun 14, 2021 9:24 AM
Feb 2021
people dont hate the anime for what it is the reason for their hate is its fanbase
Jun 14, 2021 9:58 AM
Apr 2021
The fandom super annoying and the show isn’t anything to special no offense
Jun 14, 2021 10:40 AM
Feb 2021
To be honest I’m not a hater of the anime but I just didn’t find anything that got my attention. But the more the seasons go, the better the anime is. And for why people hate it, they have reasons to not like it. Most by the fandom and maybe they don’t really like the plot. Or something else.
Jun 14, 2021 11:39 AM
Feb 2021
I dont think many people hate as much as think its overated
Jun 14, 2021 12:28 PM

Feb 2020
i know you said that this isn't about the fandom, and really you're absoulutely right!
but the haters don't think so
the majority of haters just don't like the fandom man
i personally started to dislike it in the beginning, because it was just so overrated, but time passed and the series is gradually improving

tysm iva-🐢💜

Jun 14, 2021 12:56 PM
Oct 2020
Does this show even have any mc?
Jun 14, 2021 1:12 PM

Aug 2012
Because its as generic as a show gets.
It doesnt try to be anything new and it only follows what other anime have.
Its not creative and its not smart, its as average as a show gets.
To me, thats the worst kind of show. The other generic stuff has at least different stuff about them.

The way you can confirm this even more is by reading the Vigilantes manga, it takes place in the same universe yet its much more interesting. Its what couldve been.
Jun 14, 2021 1:21 PM
Nov 2020
No one hates it its mostly just the Fandom they weird
Jun 14, 2021 2:03 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
People hate the fandom. And it's popular. I adore the manga but am not the biggest fan of the anime. I personally don't think the hate is justified but you know. Weebs have to get mad at something I guess.
Jun 14, 2021 2:25 PM

Mar 2021
Can’t stand Bakugou the whole edgy outside but nice inside troupe just feels rough. From the clips on YT the only character I can enjoy is todoroki but I have to grind through S1 for it.
Jun 14, 2021 2:26 PM

Jun 2014
It's been awhile since I've watched BnHA, but the first flag that came up in S1 was when they called All Might the "symbol of peace" or something, which clearly showed how some aspects of the writing of the show might be poorly thought-out.
This "symbol of peace" achieved peace through violence. What a joke? Does a tank or oppressive military also symbolize peace to people? I thought they would eventually point out the irony, but they never did in S1-3.

Also in S2 and/or 3, Deku became unlikeable for me, along with a large portion of the cast. They became super emotional and irrational, yet were praised and highly rewarded for it. I generally really dislike that kind of stuff.
Jun 14, 2021 6:49 PM
Mar 2021
Mha is being a long popular running shonen but still there was nothing new in story and also it wasn't deep many people just think of it as some masterpiece so when they watch they hate it because of expectations
Jun 14, 2021 6:54 PM
Mar 2021
iunne said:
It's been awhile since I've watched BnHA, but the first flag that came up in S1 was when they called All Might the "symbol of peace" or something, which clearly showed how some aspects of the writing of the show might be poorly thought-out.
This "symbol of peace" achieved peace through violence. What a joke? Does a tank or oppressive military also symbolize peace to people? I thought they would eventually point out the irony, but they never did in S1-3.

Also in S2 and/or 3, Deku became unlikeable for me, along with a large portion of the cast. They became super emotional and irrational, yet were praised and highly rewarded for it. I generally really dislike that kind of stuff.
don't try to find sense in mha it is already pretty dumb like villans call themselves villains they atleast should think they are hero of their own life and how ua has so many buildings and use them just to train children and many things are pretty senseless but still it is enjoyable if you don't want to find sense the animation,the background musicerc are top class
Jun 14, 2021 7:46 PM

Apr 2021
The much popular a show gets, the more it's hated on. Idk what to say I mean ALL great shounens no matter how good. Some ppl will go on their way and rate it a 1 bc "they dont get the hype" or some unreasonable stuff; completely disregarding the anime itself but instead just to oppose a toxic fandom. I dont necessarily like or hate BnHA I guess I just watched it and thought oh yea it s a good anime but it isnt one of my favs so idk
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Jun 14, 2021 9:10 PM
Dec 2020
Because Deku sucks
Jun 14, 2021 11:12 PM

Apr 2020
what longrunning popular shounen with a wide fanbase ISNT hated?
like name one, its literally impossible
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2021 2:07 AM

Jan 2021
People hate it because its bad
Jun 15, 2021 3:47 AM
May 2021
I like it especially Deku's progress but i was surprised to know joey also hated it because of Deku but he isnt annoying at all to me.
Jun 15, 2021 4:00 AM
Jun 2021
Haters say it has a repeatative plot and a childish and simple story line. I really like the show tho. It's so fun
Jun 15, 2021 4:01 AM
Mar 2017
it has quite a good rating . They dislike how the show evolved /the manga/community/0 sense of MHA's society. No one says the first season is bad.

It's pretty bland and cliche especially bad guys motivations and the dramatism given to them. Also Deku is way too strong and doesn't mature after so many deaths.
Jun 15, 2021 4:21 AM
Apr 2021
Because of the fandom making all those gay ships
Jun 15, 2021 6:10 AM
Nov 2020
Because of the fandom
Jun 15, 2021 6:49 AM

Feb 2021
i don't really like any of the characcters that much, they aren't bad but at the same time i just don't like them i guess, the side characters are pretty one-dimensional and i don't really like the main characters either, there are some characters that i like but they almost never appear, also i don't really like the action outside of few arcs, like the hero killer arc or some of the fights of the most recent ones, the comedy too isn't my cup of tea.
also i don't think there is anyone so stupid to hate something because of the people that like it so the whole fandom thing is probably just an excuse made by the fandom itself just as its why its hhated on just "peole like to hate on popular things"
e5812Jun 15, 2021 6:57 AM
Jun 15, 2021 7:39 AM
Mar 2021
Hate is a strong word, I am just getting bored of it. I don’t mind the fandom because I don’t interact with them. I don’t mind deku’s crying either. This show is targeted towards a specific audience and i think they will quite like it. It is not for me ig. Nonetheless, I will write a few reasons off the top of my head on why i stopped watching it. Btw I am not a manga reader.

I think the plot of this anime is getting stretched far too long than it can successfully support. All these arcs yet only a little overall progression. It is like filler episodes but canon. The whole story is based around deku’s progress and yet there is only a little of it. It is too slow for a lot of people including me.

By this point in S5, I would have expected more character development but honestly all of the characters are just cool, predictable and lack depth. I like the strategic fights but focus on mainly fights does not make the story interesting enough even for a battle shounen. Bakugo, Todoroki, other students, the (underwhelming) villains, and honestly everyone could have used a lot more development. There are just too many characters to take care of and quality is getting compromised which I don’t like. Most of the relationships between the characters are also underdeveloped.

I also think MHA is having trouble in getting up-close and emotional. It did a good job in the beginning with deku, todoroki and all. Now it merely has to rely on deku’s crying. Character backstory plays a huge role in this but mha mainly shows them well mid fights. This has resulted in loops of tournaments and fights making an effort to compensate and it just backfires. It might be one of the reasons why todoroki and bakugo’s characters have become progressively stagnant.

Too many troupes yet poor to maybe mid execution. At least make it look like something else is gonna happen or trick us with a surprise or something. In the end of the day, MHA is not ground breaking and it is not trying to be. I know Deku will be the strongest hero, they can keep beating around the bush and water the bush with deku’s tears and bakugo’s sweat meanwhile shigaraki and aizawa lack moisture. Aizawa might become a villain because he also lacks moisture. I would rather watch something else lol and i need to go to sleep now

P.S. Don’t forget this is my opinion only and you are allowed to make your choices, deep breathes might help otherwise
nayrr_Jul 9, 2021 5:26 PM
Jun 15, 2021 7:50 AM

Apr 2010
It's overrated. It's definitely not a bad show but it really benefited from the fact that it came out during an era where the Super Hero Genre was at its peak which not only made it accessible to the casual audience but it also appealed to American Comic book fans too. The biggest problem I find with MHA is it fails to keep its viewers engaged the whole way through each season. Every season feels like 70% filler, 30% actual content. The way the show stalls out in the beginning or end of each season is just irritating.
Jun 15, 2021 8:33 AM
May 2021
MHA doesn't really receive a substantial amount of hate from what I've seen tbh. It's mainly the fanbase that people hate. The anime itself is considered to be good.

The current season is being hated on since this arc is probably the weakest arc in MHA so far. I hope it picks up during the next arc.
Jun 15, 2021 8:45 AM
May 2021
The anime itself isn’t bad by any means however the fandom is shit
Jun 15, 2021 11:10 AM
Sep 2018
people expect more things of a modern battle shounen, the times of Naruto, Fairy Tail and Bleach are already in the past. BNH is repetitive and lack of characters there are not only to fans fap and go crazy. i like the anime for that, is simple. and of course the fandom is another major issue, is easy to an outsider look someone making a huge fanfic about Bakugou and Deku having wild sex and think the anime/manga is bad.
Jun 15, 2021 11:49 AM
Jan 2021
They hate the Main Charakter and the toxic fandom
Jun 15, 2021 11:49 AM
Jan 2021
They hate the Main Charakter and the toxic fandom
Jun 15, 2021 12:18 PM
Mar 2021
The anime is decent it is slightly boring but the fight scenes are good the fandom is the only problem
Jun 15, 2021 2:26 PM
Aug 2016
Honestly didnt even know people didnt like this show. If it's just cause it attracts a lot of people that generally dont like anime (idk what other problem people could have with the fandom), and if that's it, then it's the same people who will tell about subs vs dubs in person and not just online. Ignore em and enjoy the great show
Jun 15, 2021 4:07 PM
#borntoboil

Jan 2021
uh... because Tiger & Bunny exists? Tiger & Bunny is better than MHA
is it really worf to put things in here like nobody reads these

discord ~ ganjimex

Jun 15, 2021 6:28 PM
Jun 2020
discontinue said:
NOTE: This is just my opinion, So don't harass me by quoting my post and talking trash.

I haven't read the manga, but the anime is pretty typical. It's not different from many shounen out there. But again this view cam change because I have not read the manga yet.

I was expecting MHA to the the underdog works his way up kinda show and was pretty interested. But then Deku, got the strongest quirk in the entire fucking world.

Also character flaws, Deku doesn't have any. I mean if you count the fact that he murmurs while taking notes, I guess you could say that. But seriously why do people act like he commited genocide when he murmurs.

Fast-Forward a bit. Hold up! Deku has the strongest quirk in the entire world and gets another quirk? No Fair!

Another???? Wait, He can get 6 more quirks?

At this point, it's a joke.

Don't even try to defend it.

This isn't necessarily a spoiler, but these quirks aren't like the strength aspect of one for all. They're moreso utilities. And technically all for one is the strongest quirk. People commonly hear this and act hastily and extremely harsh like you just did when they hear this. But it's not all that much.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» what's up with the rating?

Tormented - Jun 9

11 by Phloup »»
Jun 9, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

441 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 7, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

336 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 6, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

279 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 5, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

298 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 4, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.