Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 10, 2021 5:14 AM
Jan 2015
LewdLamia said:
You can drive your motorbike recklessly and nothing ever happens to you, another one can ride a bicycle safely for a day and gets into a heavy accident.
Things just happen, it's nothing unrealistic

Indeed. Person in a village one of my friend lives got hit to death by a car when he made his usual early morning bicycle ride.
People talking about "unrealistic" but this stuff happens in people lives much more often that you will think.
Especially not that experienced bicycle rider tries to do this in a mountain road.
Also I can say at least from my alpine skiing experience show damps your falls a lot so if they were driving at slow speeds they would most likely indeed get 0 injuries there enjoying themselves on a plain part of the mountain covered by a snow.
Falling down into some sort of ravine on the other hand isn't as harmless and can happen.
Jun 10, 2021 5:45 AM

Jul 2014
Like the "Reiko wants to climb Mount Fuji on her Cub" episode, the sheer recklessness and stupidity on display here really bothers me: besides their helmets, they're wearing no safety gear or anything while doing jumps and all sorts else yet they fall time and time again without taking any damage whatsoever. Hell, apparently the cold no longer exists either given they spent much of their time playing in the snow without wearing coats or anything; kinda funny coming off the back of last episode when they were so concerned about how cold it was getting. Also, it feels super out of character for Koguma to agree to this sort of recklessness, as she's nowhere near as foolhardy and impulsive as Reiko has shown herself to be.

As for Shii getting herself into an accident on her Moulton, that's no real surprise and is probably the most realistic part of this episode, as it's much harder to prepare a bicycle for that sort of weather than an actual motorbike and we saw Koguma struggling with the snow in places even after getting the chains on her tyres. Of course, she likely won't actually have any serious injuries because apparently everyone in this show is immune to any sort of injury whatsoever, but if she does I hope they don't say something tone deaf like "oh, if you had a Cub instead you wouldn't have gotten hurt or in an accident at all".

A second small misstep for this series.
Jun 10, 2021 12:01 PM

Nov 2018
Atavistic said:
Like the "Reiko wants to climb Mount Fuji on her Cub" episode, the sheer recklessness and stupidity on display here really bothers me: besides their helmets, they're wearing no safety gear or anything while doing jumps and all sorts else yet they fall time and time again without taking any damage whatsoever. Hell, apparently the cold no longer exists either given they spent much of their time playing in the snow without wearing coats or anything; kinda funny coming off the back of last episode when they were so concerned about how cold it was getting. Also, it feels super out of character for Koguma to agree to this sort of recklessness, as she's nowhere near as foolhardy and impulsive as Reiko has shown herself to be.

You're not wrong, but remember: this is a glorified Honda commercial. Of course they want to make riding a Cub seem exciting and free. And it's funny how each episode more and more junk gets added to their Cubs. If you watch the show from the perspective of it playing in the waiting room at some Honda dealership, then it all makes sense.
Jun 10, 2021 3:45 PM

Sep 2018
Still boring and nonsensical, now they want to add a little drama into the mix? This show was at 50 kmh throughout and now it suddenly went full throttle lol...

It truly is a pandering Honda commercial, sigh... Nothing stands out in this crappy series, bland cast, bland setting, bland color animation and color palette. A shame.
Jun 10, 2021 5:59 PM

Jan 2021
this anime made me feel like they would like me to use my bike (since I can't drive motor/cub) that I've been not using for a years now, but I can't since we can't go outside though I hope I can use it soon to explore our places even there's no snow here xc and I hope Shii is fine in the next episode also another wholesome episode that made my day!
TensoruJun 11, 2021 3:16 PM
Jun 10, 2021 6:06 PM

Mar 2014
glad it was anime or else the three would have died already.
Jun 10, 2021 9:06 PM

Oct 2008
nice to see the 2 girls having so much fun at the snow and didn't even mind falling so many times on their cubs! lolz
all of a sudden... omg! what happened to Shii-chan!?!? i was bit caught unguarded and really surprised there!!
5/5.

Jun 10, 2021 9:38 PM
Oct 2018
I like this show a lot but it’s not as comfy as Yuru Camp. Although in one ep of Yuru Camp they almost froze to death too lol.

But the thing I dislike is all they talk about are their Cubs. They have nothing else to talk about. Please start talking about something else. Do they like guys?

But I guess Honda paid for the show so they can’t talk about anything else.

Whatever. It’s still a good show.

Jun 10, 2021 11:01 PM
Mar 2019
the OSTs are really great and they used it well in this episode.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Jun 10, 2021 11:07 PM

Aug 2019
that last scene caught me off guard damn, I knew someone would get in an accident but I didn’t expect it to be her
Jun 11, 2021 4:46 AM

Oct 2007
playing in the snow with their super cub.

accident looks serious. Obviously, coffee girl would survive with plot armor, but still curious on how Koguma would come to rescue her.
Jun 11, 2021 5:12 AM
Jun 2019
Pure unapologetic ad at the first half.
Jun 11, 2021 6:24 AM

Jul 2017
I was multitasking while watching this peaceful anime until I heard "help me..". it caught me off guard wtf. poor smol girl got into an accident :(
Jun 11, 2021 6:39 AM

Mar 2014
Koguma better hurry and save Shii
Jun 11, 2021 7:52 AM
Sep 2020
;;O;; OMG I HOPE SHII IS OK, I'M LOSING IT
Jun 11, 2021 8:08 AM

May 2015
This escalated quicky. In the next episode we will get to see the funeral of Shii-chan but before that how her cold body had been draged by the super cub through the forest, because the super cub is such a great motorycle that you could drag even dead bodies through a snowy forest trail with the help of them. What a great advertisment we have here.
IshitatesoJun 11, 2021 8:20 AM
Jun 11, 2021 9:23 AM

Mar 2008
Atavistic said:

I really can't understand why people are still watching with this mindset.
If the characters followed the rules all the time would feel "false" tor me, that they don't makes them feel more.. "human".
Makes me a bit sad that the moment of peak happiness arrives for the character, the climax of the series in a sense, and all that a lot of people can pay attention to is anime physics and be shocked. Why wouldn't the two remove the helmets and jackets? Isn't only natural? After so many time thinking and searching things to put on their cubs and their bodies because of the income snow they remove most of it to play in the snow! Guys, hello?! Feel free and laugh and not care! This anime is very quiet but it's not emotionless, on the contrary, is full of emotions!
Jun 11, 2021 10:34 AM

Jul 2008
This anime is to wholesome. None of us deserve this
Jun 11, 2021 11:34 AM

Jul 2015
Wasn't expecting a cliffhanger in this anime lmao, wouldn't have happened if she had a Cub kappa.
Jun 11, 2021 1:57 PM

Sep 2017
Had a feeling Shii was gonna be hurt when she was calling Koguma late at night. She must be really messed up if her first action is call for help instead of getting out of the water or at least sitting up. Though idk if this show will really care that much about logic.
Jun 11, 2021 4:06 PM

Oct 2007
Ishitateso said:
This escalated quicky. In the next episode we will get to see the funeral of Shii-chan but before that how her cold body had been draged by the super cub through the forest, because the super cub is such a great motorycle that you could drag even dead bodies through a snowy forest trail with the help of them. What a great advertisment we have here.

that would be a fine advertisement. on the usefulness of cub.
Jun 11, 2021 5:15 PM

Feb 2019
Man, the ep pulled a jebait on me with that ending after the unfiltered joy Koguma managed to display during the snow biking bit. I mean, that much cold plus being in running water, Shii is in for a bad time.

Super Cub giveth, Super Cub taketh. I guess the take away from this is: you wouldn't freeze to death in a ditch during a winter night if only you had given Honda your money and got yourself a Cub. Is this the late stage capitalism everyone talks about?
Jun 12, 2021 1:18 AM
Jul 2018
Wholesome snow episode but the cliffhanger pulled me. I hope Shii is safe.
Jun 12, 2021 3:30 AM

Jul 2016
What I learned this episode:

- Super Cub = snowmobile

- Don't go mountain biking with a road bike in winter at night.
Jun 12, 2021 3:49 AM

Mar 2019
Even though I though the same as many people, I actually do not care if they are falling from the bikes that way.

My biggest concern is "THAT IS COLD, LIKE, REALLY COLD". Won't be surprised if next episode both are sick. It's actually kinda comic that everyone falls but no one gets hurt. Even Shii is more scared and cold (specially because she fell into the water) that injured.

But not concerned to the point that I think the show is unwatchable or something like that. Neither would call it bullshit. Fiction is fiction. I actually think this is really good and those moments are nice to build up the characters a bit.

It's not the first time I see Koguma and Reiko sharing food while thinking "C'mon girls just marry already".

Good friends, but easy to ship.
Jun 12, 2021 8:01 PM
Feb 2012
I was NOT expecting that kind of cliffhanger from this anime. Please be okay...
Still ATOS for me.
Jun 12, 2021 11:26 PM
May 2019
Aversa said:
Driving in the snow on a bike is the one thing i haven't done simply because of the risks involved and i have to say that the girls are brave.
It's also a miracle they didn't get sick driving in their shirts.

It seems Chii taking her shortcut didn't come without risks either and i hope they will help her in time before something happens to her.
There we're a lot of things in this episode that we're quite dangerous. The first thing was driving in the beginning of a snow storm. That's when driving in snowy weather is the most dangerous. Second was when they took off their helmets that's super dangerous in sunny weather let alone if they were to fall onto a snow covered sheet of ice.
Jun 12, 2021 11:27 PM
May 2019
yro-san said:
I was NOT expecting that kind of cliffhanger from this anime. Please be okay...
Still ATOS for me.
I was kind of waiting for it. Though I was expecting a motorbike accident not a regular bike one.
Jun 12, 2021 11:32 PM
May 2019
PaninaManina said:
Atavistic said:

I really can't understand why people are still watching with this mindset.
If the characters followed the rules all the time would feel "false" tor me, that they don't makes them feel more.. "human".
Makes me a bit sad that the moment of peak happiness arrives for the character, the climax of the series in a sense, and all that a lot of people can pay attention to is anime physics and be shocked. Why wouldn't the two remove the helmets and jackets? Isn't only natural? After so many time thinking and searching things to put on their cubs and their bodies because of the income snow they remove most of it to play in the snow! Guys, hello?! Feel free and laugh and not care! This anime is very quiet but it's not emotionless, on the contrary, is full of emotions!
I think people are more concerned of viewers imitating what's being shown as this show is marketed to older teens.
Jun 13, 2021 5:32 AM

Oct 2007
Kosmonaut said:

Super Cub giveth, Super Cub taketh. I guess the take away from this is: you wouldn't freeze to death in a ditch during a winter night if only you had given Honda your money and got yourself a Cub. Is this the late stage capitalism everyone talks about?

good one. That made me laugh so hard. xD
yeah, if only she had a cub.. she would not be in a ditch, and dying like a dog.

just a few more episode to go. I wonder if this accident make her want to buy a cub?
Jun 13, 2021 11:51 AM

Feb 2007
Oh, Koguma... Sees snow - nope, no riding in this. Sees photo - be right there! :D

Fun day in the snow with the new chains after that. Drawing penises Riding around on a pure untouched snowfield, catching a cold by heating up so much with all the fun that the warm clothes come off, sharing food and drink with the wife without getting embarrassed by the indirect kisses any longer... Then some coffee at Shii-chan's place after that. And another coffee date the next day.

And all was well until the end of the episode turned darker again, but this time for Shii... Time to rescue her the next time.
Jun 13, 2021 12:50 PM

Apr 2021
That forest ride thing was so idiotic. There will be all sorts of invisible holes, ditches, stumps, rocks and how knows what under that snow cover that your front tire will hit or sink into and send you over the windshield. edit: and the clothes. In real life, they'd be riding in freezing weather in wet clothes after all those crashes and dicking around in the snow.
off-seasonJun 13, 2021 12:54 PM
Jun 13, 2021 1:13 PM

Jun 2019
luinthoron said:
Oh, Koguma... Sees snow - nope, no riding in this. Sees photo - be right there! :D

Fun day in the snow with the new chains after that. Drawing penises Riding around on a pure untouched snowfield, catching a cold by heating up so much with all the fun that the warm clothes come off, sharing food and drink with the wife without getting embarrassed by the indirect kisses any longer... Then some coffee at Shii-chan's place after that. And another coffee date the next day.

And all was well until the end of the episode turned darker again, but this time for Shii... Time to rescue her the next time.

Glad to see I'm not the only one out there "shipping" Koguma-san and Reiko.
Jun 14, 2021 3:20 AM

Apr 2020
I really hope Shii is alright :(

She must be freezing in that lake, hope Koguma finds her.
Jun 14, 2021 10:25 PM
Oct 2020
I kinda laughed when Shii crashed. obviously, it's horrible that it happened but it was only a few minutes prior where Reiko and Koguma were bike jumping with no helmets and drove away like brand new like nothing happened seemed very odd and situationally funny to me. Still praying for Shii though. Stay strong little Italy!
Jun 14, 2021 10:48 PM

Aug 2013
drainodraino said:
I kinda laughed when Shii crashed. obviously, it's horrible that it happened but it was only a few minutes prior where Reiko and Koguma were bike jumping with no helmets and drove away like brand new like nothing happened seemed very odd and situationally funny to me. Still praying for Shii though. Stay strong little Italy!

Most accidents are stupid and senseless and come out of nowhere with no buildup, so in that sense, it was very realistic. And yeah, they were taking liberties with the crashing in the field, but they were doing it in a flat open field in the daytime with deep snow to fall into and they were kind of expecting to fall.

But yeah Shii is in a real bad spot, especially if she can't move well enough to get out of the water. Koguma needs to do a lot of things and make some calls VERY quickly before hypothermia sets in.
Jun 15, 2021 8:18 AM

Apr 2011
Comfy ad fun first part. Loved how they found out a way to ride in the snow using those chains. I think I read it somewhere about it.

No! Shii-chan! I know going into those trails seems dangerous. Hopefully Nogami and the others will rescue her.
Jun 16, 2021 11:14 AM

Dec 2018
My little angels playing around in the snow. And there were some more indirect lesbian kissing,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Shii is down! And dont call the emergency number. She rather call her heroine and future wife Koguma. Lesbian to the rescue!!

Yuri-CrusaderJun 25, 2021 1:01 PM
Jun 17, 2021 5:46 AM

Nov 2013
A late, unexpected phone-call?
I instantly went "oh shit!" mode, and was quickly proven my intuition wasn't wrong.
There's no way this turns dark though, right???
Jun 22, 2021 3:27 PM

Mar 2018
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
There's no way this turns dark though, right???

inb4 Madoka Magica type switch up
Jun 23, 2021 12:44 AM

Jun 2017
this episode's lesson folks: buy and drive a super cub or else you hurt yourself by crashing into a fucking hole
Jun 23, 2021 5:44 PM

Jan 2020
What a surprise to see the girls play in the snow, those chains were the big difference, the end of the chapter was a surprise too

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Jun 24, 2021 11:30 AM

Nov 2017
Ohhhh, that ending are you serious? &++ I was sooo enjoying, smiling and laughing throughout the entire episode too! :-/
Jul 1, 2021 10:28 AM

Aug 2018
The chapter has been great, The scene of Koguma and Reiko in the snow has been very nice and the view of the background, AMAZING. Very good chapter.
Now...PLEASE LET SHII BE WELL, PLEASE.
Jul 12, 2021 10:22 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode, the snow play sequence was a lot of fun. Poor Shii-chan, she better not let this break her confidence. I'm sure she'll be okay.
Aug 2, 2021 1:37 PM

Mar 2020
Same level of stupidity as the Fuji-san episode.
Also lovely how Shii-chans parents don't care at all that she isnt back at home by
nightfall.
Aug 8, 2021 8:55 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Meanwhile, I actually find Shii's entire existence in the show just a bit annoying right now. Like she should honestly just have her own show and I would watch it, but she feels oddly out of place here. Her goals, family dynamic, and everything just feels like a waste here. She has problems that it just feels like they're not going to properly sort out in the few episodes they have left-- and they really shouldn't sort them out because it seems like it'd just be rushed at this point.

They even kinda told us what she's about instead of showing. Like if she had her own show, it would have been so satisfying to see her actually doing (not just biking to) the things Koguma described that she does like going around trying to make her place Italian-- which brings in a great topic of space and its importance to each person as we've gotten a glimpse of in the shop itself seeing how each space has a different feel for both the mom and dad. That's instead of... well, just letting Koguma describe that and just kinda doing a brief show of what she found.;; Very easily could have been its own very cute anime (a food anime at that!).

But now it just seems like this is going to be another opportunity to put the Super Cub on display in some way??

Oh well, I guess...

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 17, 2021 1:05 AM

Jul 2015
I didn't know chains for wheels existed, learned something new here. Seeing Reiko and Koguma happily play in the snow makes me happy :) ...but damn that end ...poor Shii

Oct 23, 2021 2:13 AM

Oct 2018
This show is getting extra points for classical music soundtrack. This episode Chopin nocturne op. 9 no. 2 and Liszt Consolation no.3.
Dec 11, 2021 9:36 AM

Aug 2018
This anime has so many classical music pieces I like..
... And.. Such ending..
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2021

126 by Vene »»
May 27, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2021

73 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 29, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2021

90 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 29, 12:12 AM

» So how many episodes did you make it before buying a Super Cub? ( 1 2 )

Skarker25 - Apr 24, 2021

50 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 28, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2021

170 by Ethan348 »»
Apr 27, 4:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.