Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 29, 2021 12:27 PM

Apr 2018
The end of this episode reminded me of the start of the first one, where Vivy is actually doing soundcheck dressed with the outfit from this episode and going "on stage" (probably not the one at NiaLand?)...

ARGH
TOO MANY FEELS
May 29, 2021 12:28 PM

Apr 2020
WHAT first 86 and now this ????! this episode was full of such a mindblowing moments
i cant wait for the next weekend
May 29, 2021 12:30 PM

Sep 2020
Suuuuuuubaru-kun.

OMG I love this VA.
Nice episode btw. We're reaching the very end TT__TT
May 29, 2021 12:41 PM

Jul 2017
JanPri said:
MegamiRem said:
...Matsumoto's behaviour thus far I'm pretty sure it indeed is Dr.Matsumoto who's AI Matsumoto
You mean the way he initially couldn't comprehend why did his creator choose to include her in the project? And the way he didn't even want her help at first?

Not to mention they have completely different personalities from what we've seen so far?
Sorry to interrupt, but if this is your point that you're looking to prove, then you're missing the point.

In a typical story, there's only but ONE Matsumoto. In the story of Vivy however, we've already confirmed that humans can become A.I. from their past of future, just as is with the Singularity Project. Even if Vivy wasn't prompted by the HUMAN Matsumoto to commence the project, the A.I. Matsumoto did so because of the foreshadowing of the recorded timeline that needs her intervention. The way that BOTH beings cared for Vivy is tantamount to her understanding and operations around this entire story. It's not just wanting help nor different personalities, they're one and the same.

For now, it's all speculation. Hope you can see through the lines, and see you at the very end.
May 29, 2021 12:44 PM
Mar 2015
Masumut0 was the person who inspired to write a song about the singularity project
May 29, 2021 12:50 PM
Jun 2017
Be ready for next weeks episode... By just watching them humming that song while that is happening just make me so excited what happen to that one--- and as says, the singularity project failed. Lets see
May 29, 2021 12:58 PM

Apr 2012
It was sad to see Vivy behind an enclosure just talking to random visitors who mostly forgotten or never heard of her. The only consolation from that fate is that she's not restricted to leave or limited to what she could do. It's still kinda depressing seeing her without a purpose and relegated to just answering inquiries.

The only time Vivy felt needed was when Matsumoto payed her a visit on the anniversary of their first meeting. When she expressed eagerness to go with Matsumoto and do a mission, it hit really hard when she said :
"I've been waiting for you to come back.. are we doing a singularly mission?... this is what I only live for now." paraphrased a bit

I suspected Vivy to be the last if not the only singularity that mattered and that Matsumoto knew this from the start but tried to avoid it by doing the other singularities in the hopes of avoiding the war and to deal with Vivy herself.
Janethan23May 29, 2021 1:29 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
May 29, 2021 1:06 PM

Feb 2017
LilyWhiteheart said:
The end of this episode reminded me of the start of the first one, where Vivy is actually doing soundcheck dressed with the outfit from this episode and going "on stage" (probably not the one at NiaLand?)...

ARGH
TOO MANY FEELS

I think that might be a scene yet to come, look closely at her dress, it's all dirty from what I would guess fighting.

My guess is that after whatever happens next episode she gives lyrics to the song she wrote and is heading to the mainstage to sing it, as to why, Matsumoto must have shared Vivy's incomplete song with the world triggering the robots to turn agaisnt humans and the only way to stop it is her to sing with all her heart.
May 29, 2021 1:07 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
I didn't realize they called him Matsumoto until I saw everyone freaking out on the forum. But then again, I wonder if this is a case of grandfather(?) effect, where AI Matsumoto can't be in the same room as his creator. If not, that'd make a lot of sense I guess. We did warp time a little.

But also, to be fair Vivy you're not too late. On the contrary, your quite on time to see history unfold. Especially if major history can't change. It seems her music didn't make humans happy, rather it brought sentience to AIs who knew nothing of true emotion and feeling.
May 29, 2021 1:09 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
neamhnaid said:
WHAT first 86 and now this ????! this episode was full of such a mindblowing moments
i cant wait for the next weekend
This week has been too much to handle in terms of turning points for anime. Next week can't come fast enough
May 29, 2021 1:13 PM

Apr 2015
What an amazing episode.

It pains to see Vivy (Diva) stuck in a museum now.

So the little kid we saw growing up in this episode is Matsumoto, the one who created the AI Matsumoto. Was a really nice surprise and I love that they left the reveal to the very last second and actually thinking back on the start of the show, he looks just like the professor after all.

Now that post credit scene... The singularity project has failed massively and I have a feeling that Vivy might actually have created the trigger for it? Her very own song she created. I am gobsmacked though, didn't expect this.
May 29, 2021 1:31 PM

Jan 2018
This episode was nice. And then the post-credits scene hit... looks like we're in the endgame now. Was expecting that.
May 29, 2021 2:00 PM

Dec 2020
Wait this child osamu his flull name is matsumoto what means that im curious about it.
But that was chill episode vivy has lose the technique to sing what a mess. I hope the next episodes will go deeper in the story.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 29, 2021 2:04 PM

Jan 2020
The sad downfall of Vivy. Not a good start for the return of her true persona.

The way this series has played out has me feeling somewhat betrayed. I got pulled in fast and hard with all these promises and all this potential and then splat. I feel like the sudden switch in storytelling over these past 3 episodes leaves me just wanting. This lull is just weird... and i'm not sure why it was put into the series. I feel like it's overall hurting it more than helping.

That being said, at least the post-credits scene has inspired some more hype. Maybe there will be a little bit more of an epic ending now. Though, the lack of build up is a bit worrisome. Guess we'll just see how it all goes at this point.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 29, 2021 2:08 PM
Sep 2015
CeddyyBearr said:
What an amazing episode.

It pains to see Vivy (Diva) stuck in a museum now.

So the little kid we saw growing up in this episode is Matsumoto, the one who created the AI Matsumoto. Was a really nice surprise and I love that they left the reveal to the very last second and actually thinking back on the start of the show, he looks just like the professor after all.

Now that post credit scene... The singularity project has failed massively and I have a feeling that Vivy might actually have created the trigger for it? Her very own song she created. I am gobsmacked though, didn't expect this.

Agree.

It was a nice way to give the development that Matsumoto needed as an important character he is.
May 29, 2021 2:28 PM
Sep 2015
commonxreaction said:
The sad downfall of Vivy. Not a good start for the return of her true persona.

The way this series has played out has me feeling somewhat betrayed. I got pulled in fast and hard with all these promises and all this potential and then splat. I feel like the sudden switch in storytelling over these past 3 episodes leaves me just wanting. This lull is just weird... and i'm not sure why it was put into the series. I feel like it's overall hurting it more than helping.

That being said, at least the post-credits scene has inspired some more hype. Maybe there will be a little bit more of an epic ending now. Though, the lack of build up is a bit worrisome. Guess we'll just see how it all goes at this point.

I am walking on the opposite path. I had no expectations from the start and I keep liking it more every episode. I agree that the storytelling that we are seeing now is not exactly the obvious expectation the show gives in the beginning, but this is actually a good thing.

Now I think the point is that the events that happened during this 100 years are not supposed to change worlds history but to influence in the MC. The start of the war would be unavoidable and these experiences actually would lead her to end the war. And how she is gonna do that will probably be related to the overall message of the show. These are my thoughts now.

May 29, 2021 2:33 PM
Mar 2021
I see the last arc will be a death flag for Matsumoto or Vivy or maybe both of them too. Because all A.I.s in the Opening were die.
May 29, 2021 2:35 PM

Apr 2020
chill episode with goosebumps ending damn
May 29, 2021 2:40 PM
Dec 2020
interesting episode. the preview for the next episode though, damn
some people...
May 29, 2021 2:42 PM
Dec 2014
You all should read about this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

I am pretty confident this would give you some ins and outs of what is at play in this anime. And that Matsumoto's mind could have all well been copied into the cube. The cube could just simply hide the truth to Vivy the whole time.
May 29, 2021 2:49 PM
May 2021
guys, there's something wrong, I think the AIs are being controlled by someone, you noticed that that symbol on their neck is red and the normal would be white, sometimes flashing blue, it reminds you when there was that revolt on the island, I I think there is a connection, what do you think ?? remember that that device was verified by Matsumoto Ai it may have changed, then copied to serve his purposes.
May 29, 2021 2:55 PM

Jan 2020
It was surprisingly calm for the most part and it fit nicely with the ending but oh my.. those after credis + that soundtrack = WOW. I'm impressed like usual. Next week is looking like a really nice one

May 29, 2021 2:55 PM

Jul 2017
That post-credits scene was fucking bonkers, jesus.
May 29, 2021 2:56 PM
Apr 2021
Aeoness said:
I don't understand timeline of this episode; what is the link between human Osamu and AI Matsumoto? The Singularity Project has failed, because Diva is gone, because Vivy couldn't compose the ultimate AI song?
matsumoto said in the first episode that he's named after his creator. Also they didn't really change much other than grace and the professor Not getting married. Everything else still happened, just differently
May 29, 2021 3:02 PM

Jan 2020
marcioma said:
I am walking on the opposite path. I had no expectations from the start and I keep liking it more every episode. I agree that the storytelling that we are seeing now is not exactly the obvious expectation the show gives in the beginning, but this is actually a good thing.

Now I think the point is that the events that happened during this 100 years are not supposed to change worlds history but to influence in the MC. The start of the war would be unavoidable and these experiences actually would lead her to end the war. And how she is gonna do that will probably be related to the overall message of the show. These are my thoughts now.

Mmm... It's not like I thought that every conquered event would ultimately lead to a happy ending perse. But, looking back on it all now I feel like there hasn't been much to connect everything that has happened. I was kind of okay with it when it was Vivi saying cool things, connecting with other characters, and there was a good amount of action going on. But with the random swap in personas it feels like the series might be more directionless than it first came off as.

It's like it tried to go in another direction suddenly, giving up on all the initial groundwork it did, and the series is a bit short for that. If this were a two cour, then I probably wouldn't mind the whole amnesia/Diva plotline since it could've been fleshed out a bit more and approached more subtly. But to give up 3 episodes like that is just worrisome... it's time that could've been spent developing all their initial ideas and getting us ready for the sudden reveal of their Singularity plan failing.

Though, it's entirely possible these last 3 episodes will wrap everything up neatly enough. I'm just afraid that it's going to be sloppy and haphazard as it appears like they might be flying by the seat of their pants rather than having been following a concrete idea from episode one to thirteen.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 29, 2021 3:03 PM

May 2021
Phosphophyllita said:
What's wrong with Vivy?
She's the hottest female character in this year and we barely have any image of her, especially naked

She showed some quality cleveage this episode got a boner ngl

gotta pray for some in the archive sex scene with matsumoto at the end

May 29, 2021 3:18 PM

Apr 2012
Shinigamibr said:
guys, there's something wrong, I think the AIs are being controlled by someone, you noticed that that symbol on their neck is red and the normal would be white, sometimes flashing blue, it reminds you when there was that revolt on the island, I I think there is a connection, what do you think ?? remember that that device was verified by Matsumoto Ai it may have changed, then copied to serve his purposes.

I think the mind control angle would complicate the story make things contrived. Making a last minute straw man would subvert Matsumoto and Vivi's journey going full circle.

Having a "final boss" would turn the story on its head since throughout the series Vivy and Matsumoto have been trying to stop singularities that was supposed to prevent the war. They weren't trying to undo somebody's deeds; but rather they were correcting unrelated events in history which could've resulted in the war.

It would be best to keep the problem focused on Vivy and her choices since it was strongly hinted that the war started with her choices and it's only fitting that Vivy would also be the key to solving all this.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.

To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
May 29, 2021 3:25 PM
Sep 2015
commonxreaction said:
marcioma said:

Mmm... It's not like I thought that every conquered event would ultimately lead to a happy ending perse. But, looking back on it all now I feel like there hasn't been much to connect everything that has happened. I was kind of okay with it when it was Vivi saying cool things, connecting with other characters, and there was a good amount of action going on. But with the random swap in personas it feels like the series might be more directionless than it first came off as.

It's like it tried to go in another direction suddenly, giving up on all the initial groundwork it did, and the series is a bit short for that. If this were a two cour, then I probably wouldn't mind the whole amnesia/Diva plotline since it could've been fleshed out a bit more and approached more subtly. But to give up 3 episodes like that is just worrisome... it's time that could've been spent developing all their initial ideas and getting us ready for the sudden reveal of their Singularity plan failing.

Though, it's entirely possible these last 3 episodes will wrap everything up neatly enough. I'm just afraid that it's going to be sloppy and haphazard as it appears like they might be flying by the seat of their pants rather than having been following a concrete idea from episode one to thirteen.

I get you.

I think this is common in original anime. A source material usually builds the storyline little by little using a central idea until it gets to an end (or not). In an original anime, the beginning and ending of the story are usually defined at first, and then the story is filled with ideas that connects both. What usually happens is that these ideas work more like an filler-ish adventure and dont have so much meaning. I dont mean this is the case of Vivy, thats just my experience with anime industry in general. So it influences in my expectations and it is something to think about whenever I start watching an original.
May 29, 2021 3:37 PM
May 2021
Janethan23 said:
Shinigamibr said:

I think the mind control angle would complicate the story make things contrived. Making a last minute straw man would subvert Matsumoto and Vivi's journey going full circle.

Having a "final boss" would turn the story on its head since throughout the series Vivy and Matsumoto have been trying to stop singularities that was supposed to prevent the war. They weren't trying to undo somebody's deeds; but rather they were correcting unrelated events in history which could've resulted in the war.

It would be best to keep the problem focused on Vivy and her choices since it was strongly hinted that the war started with her choices and it's only fitting that Vivy would also be the key to solving all this.

the other AIs were acting strangely, as if they were stuck in ep 1 also shows that the girl singing on stage while everyone else is dying, I think there is a conflict between the "mission" and the individuality.
May 29, 2021 3:53 PM

May 2016
I think I might know what's happening here.

The idea of free will and AI is a very complicated one, free will is complicated on its own when it comes to humans. Vivy might have been the catalyst/key to the apocalypse due to the fact of her attaining free will and creating a technological singularity.

Let me explain a bit. Thinking back to the little girl in the first arc, Momoka Kirishima, she was speaking to Divy in a way that was very different to how all other humans treated AI. Up until that point, AIs were just helping robots, the idea of them being autonomous was foreign. At that time, Diva only cared about her mission, which was to "Sing and make people happy." She was understandably struggling with it because supposedly, AIs cannot have a heart or a soul. Despite that, Momoka Kirishima was treating her as if she were a human being, she was encouraging her to be herself an implanted the idea of free will into her conscience. She literally created Vivy as an idea, the beginning of the singularity.

Despite possessing free will as an AI, Vivy didn't realize this. She believed at the time that she was still all about her mission, and her mission only. Eventually she came to terms with having two missions, which is unheard of for AIs. AIs are born with a SINGULAR purpose and will not under any circumstances compromise on that purpose.

It wasn't until this episode that Vivy realized her own free will. 100 000 songs have been written by AIs, but only because a human told them to write songs.

I assume Ophellia was the turning point in the previous timeline, due to her suicide putting the idea of free will into AI minds. This is why they started committing suicide en masse following the event.

What Vivy's song is is a physical manifestation of the capability of free will in AIs. I don't want to jump to conclusions yet, because there are three entire episodes left in this show. It's hard to say where things will go

But one thing is very clear to me, Momoka Kirishima was the human being that turned the key that Vivy is by creating Vivy (as opposed to her just being Diva). Vivy lied to herself that her second mission was the singularity project, she hadn't considered the idea that she already posesed free will to decide. The domino effect that began the exponential ascension of AIs into the inevitably apocalypse, for whatever reason the AIs decided to wipe out humans, we'll have to find out eventually.

Doesn't the domino outro seem fitting?

Edit: to add to this, my current theory so far is that AIs believe they have to get rid of humans in order to truly achieve free will. Vivy already has it, but the others might not yet poses the full capability until their "creators" and thus their "purpose" are dead.
SammysamaMay 29, 2021 4:01 PM
May 29, 2021 4:15 PM
Jan 2020
AI Masumoto's primary flaw is still assuming the historical data and events are sufficient to meet the goal. Even after repeatedly finding major gaps and incorrect assumptions. The connection with the AI revolt and these historical events remain vague. Why were all of the other historical AI affected by the revolt? Vivy can't be the only exception. There has to be more to it. Something else has to be going on that ties this all together.
May 29, 2021 4:27 PM
Jan 2020
Shinigamibr said:

Maybe...there's definitely something else going on. Also I've noticed many of the other AI's to be bizarre and creepy at times. Like that scene at the beginning of episode 3 with some AI's sitting among Diva's audience with this expression of disappointment. The "dummy wife" K5 was another. That whole mess with Grace makes the AI naming law seem like a symbolic farce.
May 29, 2021 4:29 PM

Jun 2017
Woah somehow I had a feeling the war would still happen and they must solve it somehow since Vivy can't just go back to the past. Not that surprising considering they didn't drastically change all the key events that much and minor alterations usually don't cut it in these kind of stories.

Waiting for next week will be hard af.

May 29, 2021 5:02 PM

Nov 2020
Wow this was a great episode. Idk why but I was on the edge of tears watching Vivy in that museum and that ending just gave me chills especially the lalala. I expected nothing less and this is really close to becoming a 10/10. Just gotta wait 3 more ep.
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
May 29, 2021 5:13 PM
Apr 2020
It would be something if Vivy's composed song was what the AI's were humming while rampaging.
May 29, 2021 5:17 PM

Jun 2014
So that little kid Osamu turns out to be Professor Matsumoto from the opening scene of episode 1 who developed cube Matsumoto. I went back and quickly rewatched that scene in ep 1 and it's amazing how much sense it made now after what we've seen in the show thus far.

Holy shit those AIs all singing Vivy's song was creepy as FUCK.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 29, 2021 5:17 PM

Sep 2011
Now that's what I call padding
May 29, 2021 5:20 PM
Jun 2009
Vivy was looking lovely. Tranquil and somewhat melancholy episode. Sad seeing her in the museum and unable to sing. Hopefully we'll get to hear her sing the song she was working on.

It was something else seeing Vivy's eyes grow even bigger when she heard what the other AIs were singing.

RiichiroMay 29, 2021 5:55 PM
May 29, 2021 5:53 PM
May 2020
Oh god that post-credit scene, gave me C H I L L
From the first episode I genuinely love the piano ending song, I really hope Vivy finally sings it with vocal version
Yes they finally do a vocal version of it, but... LLALLALALALALALALALAL wtf
Everything's tied together, let's go next episode is gonna be sick!
PlayayMay 29, 2021 5:56 PM
May 29, 2021 6:51 PM

Aug 2009
WOW. Everything here connected together from episode 1. The little boy was the doctor! And foreshadow Diva sitting on the chair.

May 29, 2021 7:29 PM

Oct 2018
wtf at the end :O i want to know what happened
May 29, 2021 7:34 PM

Apr 2012
The climax might of this anime will surely have some Macross-Do you remember love feels and I know it would be spectacular for sure. Vivi's song might be the next iconic song since Lyn Minmay ended a war to unite all races and bring peace.

The studio and the writer are gonna go for it. This would probably be the climactic finish for an anime that would solidify Vivy as one of the most well made series.
Janethan23May 29, 2021 7:47 PM

May 29, 2021 7:49 PM

Apr 2020
So I'm guessing this kid who grew up was the guy from ep 1 we saw activating something before we went back into the past.

DON'T FORGET TO WATCH THE POST-CREDITS SCENE!!!
Damn, things went to shit!
Vivy slept through most of the chaos. The AI have an anthem too.
--AbiSa--
May 29, 2021 7:58 PM

Aug 2016
Roadkiller said:
You all should read about this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

I am pretty confident this would give you some ins and outs of what is at play in this anime. And that Matsumoto's mind could have all well been copied into the cube. The cube could just simply hide the truth to Vivy the whole time.

Thank you ! so interessing
May 29, 2021 8:30 PM
Apr 2019
It feels weird without context to know that 2 different characters have the same name and that the second one is named after the first but the second came before the first in this instance.
May 29, 2021 8:48 PM

Jan 2011
just fuck me mang , we kinda all had a feeling this would happen
May 29, 2021 8:55 PM

Jan 2021
Holy shit, that tune at the end was demonic and uncanny as all hell.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

May 29, 2021 9:04 PM

Sep 2020
This was a depressing episode ngl , Seeing Vivy in museum really made me sad 😢

Can't wait for the next episode , it seem the endgame has started
May 29, 2021 9:31 PM

Dec 2014
this anime makes me feel things in ways i cannot explain, god i need to watch something light hearted after this
KuroNaviMay 29, 2021 9:43 PM
May 29, 2021 10:13 PM

Jun 2016
after credit... LALALALAL LALA LA

why i hear a boss song ?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

256 by Nextella »»
Apr 24, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Jun 19, 2021

368 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2021

235 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

294 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.