Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 28, 2021 10:59 AM

Jan 2016
I think the genre of this anime needs to be updated. If only music, that will be a huge misleading, and the plot from half episode is a very bad way to promoting the singles. Because it does not focus on music. Especially the end... no miracle of the song or something.

And if you look at Gekidol album (I hear from here: https://open.spotify.com/album/1QUtYtk5qh90ngu8vOQUOL?si=50sZorCzSy-madFlsczDGw) There are many stories to tell. First half is good, but after half episode, why the author took this "unique" story? Maybe he/she on high ... The song is good, anyway.

Oh, while talking about genre, let's put some tag just for fun. Let see ... in this anime, they have :
#pantyshot, #toplessbikini, #girlslove?, #bathscene, #catfight, #tentacle, #mindcontrol, #robot, #lolicon, #NTR, #futureobject, #badend...
Some of this tag is familiar, especially for those who visit the hentai site, lol.

In the end,i only care for Seira and the Alice-in group but minus Kaworu, this one is become the shitiest character from half episode, in my opinion. So yeah, if they want season 2, no-more-future-shit, normies and focus on the Group, please.

Yay!
Mar 28, 2021 2:07 PM

Mar 2008
I also mostly care about Airi and Seria that mostly involve reasons of yuri. Airi totally wants Izumi as well, that much is also obvious. The reset was nice, that means Alice is alive and well. It probably could have used a bit more clarity in general, but overall not bad. It was one of my more looked forward to shows of the season.
Mar 29, 2021 9:29 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
razisgosu said:
I also mostly care about Airi and Seria that mostly involve reasons of yuri. Airi totally wants Izumi as well, that much is also obvious. The reset was nice, that means Alice is alive and well. It probably could have used a bit more clarity in general, but overall not bad. It was one of my more looked forward to shows of the season.

Yeah, I mean Airi did not choose either of them in the end, while her feelings for Seria might be stronger then for Izumi.

Seria is way to dense to realise, that Airi did confess with her actions her feelings for her.
Mar 29, 2021 6:09 PM

Feb 2014
Hm, had potential but was badly executed and turned out to be a mess.

4/10 or 5/10.

WaterLord said:
Huh.. okay. Guess this is it for this show. I won't lie, i really liked this at the begining, and started to develop quite smoothly, but then this acting anime turned into a clusterfuck of idk what tbh xd i just cant describe it. Yuri bait was op, THAT FUCKING DOLL WAS ANNOYING and by the end of it i just lost my interest, don't know what i can say about this anymore.

Started as a 7, ended at a 5/10, meh.

EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS! I don´t even need to say anything else.
Mar 30, 2021 9:07 AM
Mar 2018
I was intrigued with sci-fi elements and the girls' theater drama but they gave no time to develop upon either plus we didn't get much time getting to know anyone besides mostly Airi and Seria to an extent. This show could've been so much more. To me the pacing felt mostly fine until about the last 3 or 4 episodes. It feels like there's so much missing. It definitely could go for another cour to flesh out the plots and characters. What a let down.
Apr 6, 2021 11:27 PM

Oct 2013
MAL just wasn't ready for Gekidol
Apr 8, 2021 11:46 AM

Nov 2013
literally what i said on episode 11, 1 hour ago lol

5 out of the girls (Airi, Seria, Higuchi, Izumi, Lovemin) were kind of fun to watch, Doll and Kaworu from first 2 episodes were also ok... but, as soon as the Doll stated to use her powers and the guy was introduced... just no, don't freaking change the setting from an idol show to fucking timetravel/Aliens/whatever this was lmao i hate how some anime/manga do this... i guess that's what i get for whatching seasonals instead of older stuff that already have tags and is popular enough to having ... "spoilers" without actually knowing what happened at the end lol

what even happened at the end? did their time just disappear and they went back to that scene right before the explosion? will they get together again in a theater?

i was enjoying it (not only it was kind of fun to watch, but it also had some nice fanservice scenes, like Airi photoshoot or the "yuri" scene) but, apart from the theater scenes and the interactions between the 3 main girls, this clearly went to trash for me lol
based on this, i had it on a 7 at the start, then i wanted to drop it to like 3 near the end (and should keep that), but since i kind of enjoyed like half of the time i spent, i guess a mid score is fine... so 5/10 lol i don't think i would watch a season 2 and i'm for sure not watching the ova
winddevil1Apr 8, 2021 11:53 AM
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 8, 2021 12:37 PM

Apr 2018
pls add comedy tag thankyou
Isekai for the brain, CGDCT for the heart
Yuri for the pain and seiyuus for the soul.

Apr 9, 2021 11:27 AM

Dec 2016
I need to agree with @IrrelevantGuy especially review.
But I will stay with 5/10 because voice acting and animation were mostly good.

And entire story would never happen if only Miki decided to never use Doll, honestly after everything was explained I have no clue why she even used that Doll.

For me Gekidol is basically Evangelion went wrong (worst characters, worst animation, less action but with similarly convoluted ending), which is funny to me because I realized this while watching episode people soon after started to "liquefy". xD

also funny to me is MAL's summary "[...]a group of girls fascinated by the "Theatrical Material System" using 3D holograms aims to brighten the stage during the city's post-apocalyptic recovery." ... from what remember only Seria showed that she was affected by this event, which could be replaced by regular car accident.
And this is my biggest issue, how "pointless" entire time travel subplot was, writers could easily cut out Sci-Fi elements and give more room for "idol drama" making story less convoluted and more enjoyable. Doll and TMS could stay as a "In The Distant Future" of 2025 trope, mostly because Doll perfectly fits Seria's character arc and then give Doll subplot in which after playing in many performances and rehearsals (and by observing people) gained own emotions and consciousness.

They could even still have Miki and Hiro subplot in which Hiro was thinking that Miki died but she survived and because he didn't recognize her she was too afraid to reveal the truth.

But I will give that, I liked twist with Miki's leg being prosthetic.

Overall Too Many Cooks parodied series like Gekidol.

Nieznajomy43Apr 9, 2021 1:22 PM
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.167/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jul 13, 2021 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
This show was fine up until it went off into shizo land with the sci-fi weirdness. I wouldn't have mind if it was purely a girl love story with the high tech elements adding something to the theatre but this ended up being pretty stupid.
Jul 8, 2022 3:34 AM

Apr 2011
Oh well...What can I say...

I'm glad that this is over.

For those who liked the anime and understand the ending, good for them.

As the name of this last episode, All's well that ends well.
MagitoJul 8, 2022 3:38 AM
Feb 5, 2023 12:11 AM

Nov 2009
What happened to Airi supporting Seria becoming 'the best she can be, partner and lead actor', she ditched her as soon as Izumi came back. Nothing came of any of the yuri relationships. 
Not mad that they leaned heavy on sci-fi in the end but didn't like how it was implemented or explained.
May 9, 2023 1:00 AM
Jul 2018
What that certainly was.....a mess. This show had a lot of ideas I really liked the execution left a lot of something to be desired. I thought they were hinting early on that Seria had something to do with the giant hole in the ground. I thought the brief glimpses we got of Hiro's past was at the time of the explosion that it was Seria that was standing over him. But now seeing where the story actually went I'm even more certain of my comment from the last episode threat that Kaworu should have been the main character all along and her teaching the girls while giving vague hints at the sci-fi plot to come would have been better. Seria's whole mental problems were never really relevant after they got nicely resolved in the course of one episode. I guess it triggered the doll somehow but that could have easily been changed to something else. If they just kept the Seria/Airi/Izumi relationship the same and gave some more time to the rest of the girls the show would have been better. Then keep the keep ending parts the same where the girls that Kaworu taught continue their acting in the run down school while she's off trying to save the world. I also wish they had some scenes of Kaworu and Seria bonding to set up Seria becoming her in the play. I think it would have had a bit more impact that way, if Seria was the new, talented pupil that Kaworu believed was the one that could fulfill her theater dream. I think this is another show that is victim of the cour/seasonal system where ~12 episodes is too short but ~24 episodes would have been too long. It was just so frustrating how much potential this show had early on. I would have preferred a more gradual descent into the sci-fi story. And I really wasn't a fan of the ending since it's not made clear if the girls will meet up again without Kaworu and Alice In around anymore. Which also means all the struggles the characters went through during the series were basically pointless since the world reset was always going to happen anyway. I thought maybe they would still have their memories or at least Seria would and in the end she'd go around collect all the girls to start Alice In again. But it looks like that didn't happen and all the girls are the same except for maybe Airi since she didn't seem to know about theater before meeting Izumi so maybe she avoided the nude underage modeling thing this time. As a yuri fan i'm also disappointed that Airi and Seria may not meet again and nothing ended up really happening between those two.
removed-userMay 9, 2023 1:17 AM
Nov 12, 2023 9:10 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
I really don't understand what is going on from episode 5 till now, it's like watching a drunkard people playing a Rubik's while listening to a good song (well the song is unexpectedly really good for this anime in my opinion). confusion in the highest order,

better they just stick with the gekidol plot rather then mix it with supernatural weird confusing thing 4/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gekidol Episode 5 Discussion

Ashhk - Feb 2, 2021

32 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 12, 2023 12:09 AM

» well i think this is the most memorable show ever made

Almyx2 - Jan 30, 2022

1 by Ima_Ga_Saikou »»
Jun 6, 2023 2:27 AM

Poll: » Gekidol Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 16, 2021

28 by removed-user »»
May 9, 2023 12:15 AM

Poll: » Gekidol Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 9, 2021

17 by removed-user »»
May 8, 2023 1:41 AM

Poll: » Gekidol Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 23, 2021

27 by removed-user »»
May 7, 2023 1:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.