Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2021 8:46 AM
Apr 2016
mozgow said:
JanPri said:
Wait, so Roswaal was the one who made Emilia break up with Puck? I still don't get what's their exact relationship... Was Puck one of the lesser spirits Emilia called fairies in her youth?
It seems you haven't watched the Frozen Bond OVA yet. Now it's a great moment to watch it.

Roswaal tempered with the contract so Puck was unable to came out on his own.

JanPri said:
Also, why did Minerva say she knew Emilia's mom? I thought it might be an implication Emilia's mom is Satella, but isn't Emilia's mom a human??? Satella was a half-elf, wasn't she?
Because Emilia's mother was a Witch?
Yes, Emilia's mother was a human. Yes, Satella is a half-elf.

Thanks. Anyway, I watched the Frozen Bond OVA (some time ago, so it's true I might have already forgot) but I don't remember there being mentioned the true nature of the relationship of Emilia and Puck...

I mean, he called Emilia his daughter and was apologizing to her even in when she first woke up from the ice (It was shown in this season)... Despite never making an apearence in her trial.
I thought their relationship is going to be explained in Emilia's flashback, but Puck wasn't even mentioned there...
Mar 10, 2021 8:48 AM
Apr 2018
OMG! What a episode. Thank you White Fox of the amazing animation. And excellent storytelling for giving a stunning climax of 3 distinct characters in 3 distinct scenarios.
Mar 10, 2021 8:48 AM
Aug 2018
Ram & Roswaal are really perfect for each other with how obnoxiously cringe they are. Like what is this neckbeard fantasy lmao.

The third trial was powerful though. For the most part I loved Elsa vs Garfiel(super salty she died) and was caught off guard by her wanting to protect Maylie????? She could've won the fight
Mar 10, 2021 8:50 AM

Sep 2019
RAM IS SO FUCKING ADORABLE.

This episode was definetly one of the best episodes of the show. I absolutely loved it. The fight in mansion was great, I really liked her yandere personality. Ram was so cute when she said that she loved Roswaal. Roswaal's expression when she threw the book in the fire was amazing. I hope Ram's not dead.

It was a 10/10 episode.
z00nexMar 10, 2021 8:54 AM
Dec 2017
This episode is certainly one of the best episodes in the entire series yet. It had everything, from character development, over plot progression, many emotional scenes to straight up great action.

Jul 2013
Emilia finally freed the Sanctuary, but everything is frozen, and we don't get to find the answer yet. Oh, well. Nice to see again best witch Minerva too.

The battle at the mansion was pretty good. I laughed when Subaru said to that beast to taste "the power of science", considering his voice actor also voices Senku in Dr. Stone xD
But the main meal was the Garfiel vs Elsa fight, very brutal and badass. The parts where Garfiel decapitates that monster hippo and the part where both he and Elsa bite each other in the neck were my favorite bits of the fight. RIP Elsa, you were a cool antagonist, but you had to go in order for the plot to advance. It seems she at the very least cared for Meili seeing how she tried to rescue her from the falling debris. Maybe she wasn't as heartless as she seemed...

So, Ram has Stockholm syndrome apparently. I don't know if when she said Roswaal that she loves him was in a romantic sense or a familiar one, but either way, I feel bad for Garfiel lol.
Mar 10, 2021 8:52 AM

Oct 2017
Kaiser_Senpai said:
Ventus_S said:
This episode is absolute fire.

I can't believe White Fox toss this much budget into the 2nd season.
The whole fight scene/ dynamic / choreography are all phenomenal.
So much stuffs happening in this one episode.

Btw don't tell me Ram is dead because of this.....

It's not about budget god damn. They have 1000 problems and White Fox is basically a dead studio when it comes to actual in-house staff.
ReZero's staff is small as fuck, it's unbelievable how they are managing to pull it off, but it's definitely not due to "budget" or whataver u wanna call.

It's beyond me how people still think "budget" is a thing.

If you want to thank for something, u have the director, Watanabe, which somehow is doing this magic. This episode you had the 2 greats animators, those 2 are basically what's left to do action things and they can't be all the time because of how tight the schedule is.

Kazuhiro Ota and Tatsuya Koyanagi, those are the names. So, not just for you, but for everyone who thinks "budget" is a thing when most animes have more or less the same, you need to thank this staff because if it was, let's say, Goblin Slayer staff at White Fox, no way they would do this, it shows how White Fox is dying.

Sorry if I sounded a bit rude, but u have no idea how hard they are fighting to deliever 29 min ep every week with such small staff and no proper time to do things.

Umm how am I having no idea how much work they put in?
Ik most anime only has 19 min of actual content (OP+ED) and maybe 1~2 min of recap.
Jujutsu as shonen has even lass content because they add in that comedy thing (17 min of contents) because they don't want to catch up with the source material.

29 min is like 50% more effort at least compare to any other anime, so we're actually getting 70 episodes worth of contents already in past 2 seasons.
And the full 29 mins of good contents with no cut-corner or slideshow too.

Also yes RE:Zero should have more budget distributed to them because of how well it received as a big IP.

Just like Demon Slayer , Attack on Titan, Jujutsu, yes they do got funded more budget/ resources/ manpower compare to other anime for sure.
Ventus_SMar 10, 2021 8:57 AM
Mar 10, 2021 8:52 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Finally an episode entirely worthy of the hype in my personal view. felt like a final episode.

The production values are other worthly for a TV series. Can I get White Fox to take over adapting Berserk please?!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 10, 2021 8:53 AM
Aug 2020
Best fucking episode, WOW! Really liked seeing garfiel destroy elsa, also liked seeing roswaal at the end when ram burned his book, roswaal went batshit psycho though i hope ram is ok. Anyways, 1 more episode to go, finale.
Ofcool2947Mar 10, 2021 8:57 AM
Mar 10, 2021 8:53 AM

Jun 2020
anime-prime said:
That was an intense episode. Possibly the best episode yet of this cour, but it still had some issues. Thankfully, there was so much packed into this episode, there was still room left over for lots of great scenes as well.

Emilia's third trial sort of seems glossed over in comparison to the other events in this episode, which isn't a big deal, as apparently the first trial was suppsed to be the hardest one, but when trials are put in a narrative, it needs to follow the normal route to be effective. Trial 1 - easiest, trial 2 - mideum, trial 3 - hardest. That is what makes trials engaging. If you see a three year old multiply, it won't be so exciting seeing the three year old do addition. Same thing with Emilia. She struggled so much with the first trial, that even though the next two trials had important themes, they were so easily overcome, at least to the viewer, that it doesn't pack as much of a punch. But it was a neat idea for the past, present, future states of the trials.

The fight at the mansion was a mixed bag. On one hand, seeing Garf and Elsa fight was awesome, but on the other, there were a couple of things that didn't hit well. The monsters at least were in 2D this episode...for a little bit at least. They switched from 2D to CGI throughout the episode, which was a little distracting. Elsa's backstory wasn't really needed and her being a vampire was a little out of nowhere. Are we supposed to believe that she actually died this episode? Since she is essentially immortal, and I doubt her weakness is being smashed by a large hippo beast, unless Garf's fangs had something to do with it. Additionally, part of her loss was her trying to protect her so called sister, which seemed like a lame cop-out to their fight.They showed her backstory, which is a common trope for a character about to die, so I guess it's possible she is dead, but if she really is dead though, that would be a little disappointing. They didn't animate their fight that well. It was okay, but nothing outstanding. They probably wanted to save their budget for the final scene of the episode.

The final scene...well that was obviously supposed to be the emotional climax of the entire arc. They was a big upgrade in the animation for the last couple of minutes and there was an emotional insert song playing alongside it. So pretty much like the Rem moment from season 1. I guess it's pretty cool, thinking about it now. One where Rem confesses to Subaru, the other where Ram confesses to Roswaal. They were obviously showing a parallel between the two scenes. For some reason, Roswaals reaction seemed false. Meaning that the actual Roswaal wouldn't have reacted that way and the writers just changed his character to fit the scene. That was just my reaction while watching the episode. That being said, the rest of the scene was great. Like I said, great animation, great soundtrack, and a great emotional payoff with Ram throwing the book into the fire and her possibly dying from the explosion.

This was a very strong episode, and though I had some issues with it, it developed the story a lot, which was definitely what I was wishing to happen for most of the season.

Absolutely disagree with the statement that trials have to follow structure of (1-2-3) - that is simple shounen logic, it is predictable and uninteresting. What happened in here mad more sense. The trials are made in stone as past present and future... which means that characters who had hard past will have harder time with that, those with hard present will struggle in the present (Subaru... probably noone has harder present than him when he has like 10 of those where he died leaving people he cares about him) and those afraid of the future struggle in that respect. I would say that it both makes sense and makes it interesting and unpredictable.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Mar 10, 2021 8:54 AM

Apr 2017
Ventus_S said:
Kaiser_Senpai said:

It's not about budget god damn. They have 1000 problems and White Fox is basically a dead studio when it comes to actual in-house staff.
ReZero's staff is small as fuck, it's unbelievable how they are managing to pull it off, but it's definitely not due to "budget" or whataver u wanna call.

It's beyond me how people still think "budget" is a thing.

If you want to thank for something, u have the director, Watanabe, which somehow is doing this magic. This episode you had the 2 greats animators, those 2 are basically what's left to do action things and they can't be all the time because of how tight the schedule is.

Kazuhiro Ota and Tatsuya Koyanagi, those are the names. So, not just for you, but for everyone who thinks "budget" is a thing when most animes have more or less the same, you need to thank this staff because if it was, let's say, Goblin Slayer staff at White Fox, no way they would do this, it shows how White Fox is dying.

Sorry if I sounded a bit rude, but u have no idea how hard they are fighting to deliever 29 min ep every week with such small staff and no proper time to do things.

Umm how am I having no idea how much work they put in?
Ik most anime only has 19 min of actual content (OP+ED) and maybe 1~2 min of recap.
Jujutsu as shonen has even lass content because they add in that comedy thing (17 min of contents) because they don't want to catch up with the source material.

29 min is like 50% more effort at least compare to any other anime, so we're actually getting 70 episodes worth of contents already in past 2 seasons.

It's not just having idea of how hard they are working but label that as "budget". That was what triggered me.

There's more than that, that was what I was trying to say. And I explained giving you names and all, just that.
Mar 10, 2021 8:55 AM
Sep 2008
Interesting how the best episode of the 2nd part had Rem in it

Also I guess there may actually be something to Fortuna and Minerva having similar fashion sense, thought it was just because it was the fashion equivalent of same face. Although there's also quite a bit of same face in the series too.

Jan 2014
I love how they can have three different on going things, and make them so intense in each of them. Even something that may not seem as intense as the two fights. But damn, can't wait for next week.

Jul 2014
anime-prime said:
Elsa's backstory wasn't really needed and her being a vampire was a little out of nowhere. Are we supposed to believe that she actually died this episode? Since she is essentially immortal, and I doubt her weakness is being smashed by a large hippo beast, unless Garf's fangs had something to do with it. Additionally, part of her loss was her trying to protect her so called sister, which seemed like a lame cop-out to their fight.They showed her backstory, which is a common trope for a character about to die, so I guess it's possible she is dead, but if she really is dead though, that would be a little disappointing.
That's how it was in LN so any complains should be sent to Tappei.

In the LN Garf thought that if he kills her one or two more time, she will finally die. Based on that I've assumed her ability as a vampire is an insanely powerful regeneration, but that power is not unlimited. When Garf bite her, she noticed she can no longer regenerate.
Mar 10, 2021 8:56 AM

May 2018
Holy shit...What an episode!

The fight between garfiel and elsa was amazing, 10/10.
Elsa just became one of my favorite re:zero characters.
Mar 10, 2021 8:58 AM
Sep 2008
mozgow said:
Wow. That was an amazing episode. They did save budget for this episode.

I need to later analyse the third trial to get who says what (some were pretty obvious but some not).

Someanime said:
How long was this episode?
29:30

yeah it was a bit of a sensory overload. Between still not seeing real|echidna's face and that barely visible 3rd trial, I feel slighted
Mar 10, 2021 8:58 AM
Apr 2016
Nefelupitou said:
What the hell was this episode? Jesus Christ.
And I'm forced to see people saying that Mushoku Tensei is better than Re Zero

For the God's sake.

I don't understand what do you mean. Just because there is not as much action in Mushoku Tensei at the beggining it doesn't mean it's any worse that Re:zero. Mushoku Tensei's world and history in the LN is way more developed that in Re:Zero, for example.

I'm not comparing anything and I don't want to get into any arguments, but I think both of the series have their own appeal.
Mar 10, 2021 9:04 AM
Jun 2020
The best episode of the season. And the ending song is just too good. But😢 one more week wait...................
Mar 10, 2021 9:08 AM
Apr 2020
What an episode holy shit
Mar 10, 2021 9:09 AM
Oct 2020
What an episode. 10/10 easy
Mar 10, 2021 9:09 AM
Mar 2020
This ep was fucking amazing
Mar 10, 2021 9:11 AM
Apr 2020
JanPri said:
Nefelupitou said:

For the God's sake.

I don't understand what do you mean. Just because there is not as much action in Mushoku Tensei at the beggining it doesn't mean it's any worse that Re:zero. Mushoku Tensei's world and history in the LN is way more developed that in Re:Zero, for example.

I'm not comparing anything and I don't want to get into any arguments, but I think both of the series have their own appeal.
mushoku legitimately has more action than re:zero and saying that the world and the history is more developed than re zero sounds like cursing you know

Jun 2017
This episode was on fire in many ways.

Emilia handled the last trial rather well but the weirdest thing was Minerva not crying out of anger. It's like they implied that she is possibly her real mother? Plus why hug her otherwise lol.

I didn't think Elsa would turn out to be a vampire but Garf had a good strategy where it just came down to endurance. I am glad at least her immortality had an actual limitation so it didn't feel like a total asspull. Now then she was surprisingly sturdy in the first season as well which I found strange but couldn't quite put my finger on it at the time so it was foreshadowed to some extent.

I wonder why Frederica saved Maylie...kid or not, she is a serial killer too.

Ram's confession was quite amazing and Roswaal needs to get over Echidna, she is dead my dude, it's time to let go. (but this also opens up some interesting points as to why Echidna refused to meet him inside the sanctuary and got kicked out when he attempted the trial)

Jun 2019
ttcchen said:
waaaaait is Minerva Emilia's mom!????

Not confirmed theory. But if you ask me, I think and wish so.
Mar 10, 2021 9:12 AM

Oct 2018
JanPri said:
Nefelupitou said:

For the God's sake.

Hmmm, okay.
I don't know anything about Mushoku Tensei's light novel, however, the anime is a piece of trash so far, but some people claim that, right now, Mushoku > Re:Zero

Have a nice day, my friend. See you
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Mar 10, 2021 9:12 AM

Jul 2016
mozgow said:
That's how it was in LN so any complains should be sent to Tappei.

In the LN Garf thought that if he kills her one or two more time, she will finally die. Based on that I've assumed her ability as a vampire is an insanely powerful regeneration, but that power is not unlimited. When Garf bite her, she noticed she can no longer regenerate.

It's interesting how the WN is different in that regard.

We get more information about Elsa. She's not a literal vampire but she's similar to the vampires from fairy tales so she doesn't exactly refute being called so.
Instead, it is explained that she has a curse that makes her a sort of doll. This condition prevents her from dying and everytime she receives a fatal enjury she loses more of her own self and becomes more doll-like. The curse forces her to continue killing.

Her wiki page probably has more information than what I just gave, so I'd suggest giving it a read.
Mar 10, 2021 9:15 AM

Mar 2020
I'll state it again re zero is a fucking master piece
check out odd taxi
Mar 10, 2021 9:16 AM

Jan 2020
He bite her. Didnt expect that

I though he will chop her head off

Girl is tough cookie with auto regen
Mar 10, 2021 9:17 AM
Sep 2008
kayuza77 said:
He bite her. Didnt expect that

I though he will chop her head off

Girl is tough cookie with auto regen

she bit back, too, if she was a legit vamp, that would be enough to turn garfiel into one in many different vamp lores.
Mar 10, 2021 9:23 AM

Jul 2014
ttcchen said:
That's the leading theory LN readers currently have. Nothing has been confirmed by Tappei yet, tho.
Mar 10, 2021 9:26 AM

Jul 2011
Is Minerva Emilia's mother?
I was impressed with Garf fight, but after Elsa mentioned she is a vampire,I was more curious what a vampire is in Re:Zero world, like the last thing I want is a vampire biting me in the neck when im trying to defeat it.
Puck was just having a good time fighting Roswaal. After all the attacks were just whatever if kill or don't.
But the blizzard part that was a surprise and not a welcome one.
Mar 10, 2021 9:26 AM

Jan 2020
Nefelupitou said:

For the God's sake.

This is Re:Zero discussion forum not a forum for which anime is better.
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Mar 10, 2021 9:27 AM

Jan 2010
Great fight. Awesome music... but no...
I don't want to be the "Troll" guy... but apparently it looks like I'm the only one here who can't realize and accept how she could ever fall in love for this murder bicentennial psycho clown who ruined her and her sister's life. For me the justification that Ram tells is not even remotely enough.
Sure, I'm probably the strange one, I raise my hands and surrend after this episode. No need to be harsh with your replies, I'm leaving on my own.
Mar 10, 2021 9:28 AM

Jan 2019
BlichoBoy said:

Still being theorized even among the LN readers
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Mar 10, 2021 9:30 AM

Jan 2019
Waller said:
I don't want to be the "Troll" guy... but apparently it looks like I'm the only one here who can't realize and accept how she could ever fall in love for this murder bicentennial psycho clown who ruined her and her sister's life. For me the justification that Ram tells is not even remotely enough.
Sure, I'm probably the strange one, I raise my hands and surrend after this episode. No need to be harsh with your replies, I'm leaving on my own.

Strong Stockholm Syndrome vibes tbh
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Mar 10, 2021 9:30 AM

Jul 2014
QcDiablo said:
It's interesting how the WN is different in that regard.

We get more information about Elsa. She's not a literal vampire but she's similar to the vampires from fairy tales so she doesn't exactly refute being called so.
Instead, it is explained that she has a curse that makes her a sort of doll. This condition prevents her from dying and everytime she receives a fatal enjury she loses more of her own self and becomes more doll-like. The curse forces her to continue killing.

Her wiki page probably has more information than what I just gave, so I'd suggest giving it a read.
I think it still will be canon in the LN, once the story gets to Gusteko.
Mar 10, 2021 9:31 AM

Aug 2020
Holy crap, the showdown between Else and Garfiel along with Puck, Ram vs Roswall. This episode had me at the edge of my seat. 5/5
Mar 10, 2021 9:32 AM
Sep 2008
mozgow said:
ttcchen said:
That's the leading theory LN readers currently have. Nothing has been confirmed by Tappei yet, tho.

I mean, it's the most logical answer unless there's another witch out there, fortuna definitely copped her fashion, got the flowers like little emilia hairpins, similar color schemes, that scene where they talked, proving once again that fake|echidna is a huge softy.
Mar 10, 2021 9:33 AM
Jan 2021
Emilia FINALLY finished the trials, Elsa fell in love with Garfiel LMAO, Ram confessed to Roswaal, and KILLED HER??? (hopefully not)
This episode felt like 3 episodes in one
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
Apr 2020
Waller said:
no it’s rightful to question about that, but yk, see it like this, he raised her, feed her And permitted her to live giving her constantly mana to compensate the loss of her horn. She probably fell in love in a most-likely Stockholm syndrome scenario + you can’t control your heart. I hope I enlighted a bit your questions
May 2019
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT AN EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First of all, the battle between Elsa and Garf was topnotch! And Elsa is a psychopath (like more than I thought) and she's a VAMPIRE?!!?

Secondly, Emilia's trial was decent, I hoped they had shown us more than just saying sentences, but people would've probably complained about it so maybe it was for the best... maybe we'll see it in the shorts... And after the trial, the scene with Minerva was funny and pleasant to watch when Emilia turned around Minerva blocked it with her body XD the sentence that Emilia said was nice as well...

Thirdly, the battle between Ram & Puck and Roswaal was amazing, Ram telling Roswaal that she likes him was very touching, and she finally got rid of Roswaal's stupid book... but in the end...

ROSWAAL FREAKINGKILLED RAM!!!! THERE'S NO WAY HE DID IT!! PUCK MUST HAVE SAVED HER!!!!

Also, now that i think about it, when Rem is going to wake up, this is going to be heartbreaking for her... finding out her sister had died (assuming that she had died) and Subaru and Emilia kissed it's going to be sad...

Oct 2015
bruh I thought Elsa vs Garfield will be the hightlight but damn its turn to be Ram/Puck vs Roswall. I feel so much emotion watching it, even I already read the WN.
Mar 10, 2021 9:35 AM
Nov 2017
important things to note for anime-only people:
1) how did elsa became a vampire? is she related to some witch or did someone with a witch factor altered her body?

2) minerva has a strong relationship with emilia's mom or maybe she is her mom?

3) emilia does not recognize the one in echidna's grave even though she is wearing echidna's clothes, and the anime does not show her face.

4) puck knows hector, so he is also someone from 400 years ago. in fact, the main theme of re:zero is discovering the mysteries of what happened 400 years ago so a lot of people in the main cast are related to the witches' era.

5) puck regains his memories after breaking his contract with emilia, emilia also regains her memories after breaking the contract (some of parts are altered by pandora while some parts are erased because of the contract).

6) the name reid has been mentioned a few times by garfiel
TheHalfOtaku123Mar 10, 2021 9:56 AM
Mar 10, 2021 9:35 AM

Apr 2019
Does White Fox miss? The animation is ridiculously good always. Great episode.

Mar 10, 2021 9:36 AM
Sep 2008
BlichoBoy said:
I was impressed with Garf fight, but after Elsa mentioned she is a vampire,I was more curious what a vampire is in Re:Zero world, like the last thing I want is a vampire biting me in the neck when im trying to defeat it.
Puck was just having a good time fighting Roswaal. After all the attacks were just whatever if kill or don't.
But the blizzard part that was a surprise and not a welcome one.

The blizzard might still be a fakeout considering Puck is out and about (having to deal with the rabbit is certainly a daunting feat). I don't really like how Roswaal was apparently able to tamper with the Puck and Emilia contract :/
Mar 10, 2021 9:36 AM

Jan 2010
Emillian said:

Strong Stockholm Syndrome vibes tbh

Oh, I didn't knew it. Thank you for this explanation, even if I still struggle to accept it
Mar 10, 2021 9:37 AM

Dec 2013
I feel like white fox is going above and beyond with Re: Zero, I can really feel the love they're putting into it.
This episode was one of the best, if not the best episode as of yet IMO.
10/10!

Mar 10, 2021 9:39 AM
Jan 2018
this episode is really good. Most of the scenes were delivered in a very good way, with the gruesome fight between Garfiel and Elsa, and the emotional impact from the end of the episode.
Mar 10, 2021 9:42 AM

Mar 2016
Even as fan of OPs and EDs to add to the memory of watching a series, this is one of those that I can appreciate them cutting the OP and ED sequences on top of adding an extra 5 minutes to the episode length.

A series like this just wouldn't be able to flourish as well as it has with a standard OP/ED, 25-minute length setup.

3 different scenes, all critical moments and all given equal amounts of love in their creation. Definitely one of the very top episodes for Re:Zero thusfar, and will be very hard to equal or topple......but I look forward to seeing what can :D
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Did you like part 1 or part 2 of season 2 better?

castle2001 - May 26

18 by FilipPaul »»
May 28, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2021

278 by D-A-W »»
May 20, 9:00 PM

» Rem have become most favourite anime female character!!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZXEAN - Jan 29, 2021

298 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

» am i the only one who thinks re:zero season 2 is just kinda okay? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shmoomp - Jan 27, 2021

411 by AboutFollower03 »»
Apr 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 24, 2021

616 by 2772510 »»
Apr 18, 4:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.