Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 19, 2021 3:48 AM

May 2018
I didn't get it why Tem panicked and started running away after Riz just told him he didn't take his pills.
It wasn't stated that bears get insane and bloodthirsty if they don't take pills even once. It only was said that it restrained their strength.
Was it a plothole?

So, Riz can't kill Legoshi and Pina because they are club members and it may provoke the further investigation. He has to come up with something else. Trying to threaten Haru, for example?

Also, seems that snake girl has disappeared for good.
Nemo_NiemandFeb 19, 2021 5:02 AM

Feb 19, 2021 5:08 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The revelations has coming, in such a fast and sudden way! Hoo-boy Legosi confronted it without any regrets, and then, that goat! Lol

I never expect before that huge bear needed some suppressor drug to decreasing their muscle mass. I wonder if the Panda man had it too as his secret. So, thats what happened, behind his calm and silent personality. Man, intense af, but also its truly beautiful. Because once again its involved the wrong relations between the herbivore and carnivore. Riz was not Legosi afterall that can hold his jaw off, or even Bill with his easy-going through the black market place. He was under the drug effect, and a falsified view toward Tem. Ofc its led him into that incident, the bloody end that not even any animals could understand that without a good neutral perspective. The true meaning of a never vanished memories, surrounded that bear boy....

Wow, can't denied by myself that Pina scene was just a hype, and their reaction, Legosi and Riz, truly beyond my imagination. Its only the beginning, idk whats happened next. So imma curious what else they got at those chain-reaction incidents, including how Bill got a good part too there.

Good shit....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 19, 2021 5:11 AM

Jul 2020
what the fuck is happening
Feb 19, 2021 10:04 AM

Aug 2018
I don't know how to feel about everything being revealed in the same episode strangely and suddenly like this.

From a mystery point of view and seeing how this whole incident was set up from the very first episode, this was kind of disappointment. There should have been multiple suspects and scattered hints or red herrings in some cases from the beginning to make this more exciting and interesting.

That aside, I like the idea of how the murder actually happened.
Feb 19, 2021 11:50 AM

Oct 2020
Wow, we got a lot of amazing insight on some characters this episode. I liked the sequence with Bill and Els a ton. I feel that Bill represents the grey area, where he still has relationships with and empathizes with herbivores, but also gives into his primal instincts and frequents the black market. And even after that, he understands the herbivores' worries and doesn't blame them. I love the little developments he's been getting.

The arm getting ripped off part was so unsettling to watch. I felt so terrible for all the parties involved. You could tell that Tao felt really bad about it, and that most carnivores worst fear is becoming untrustworthy among their herbivore peers

Riz's characterization was amazing too. I liked that they made the reveal sort of blunt instead of building it up, because it was obviously him. He's such a tragic character though, you can't help but reluctantly feel for him. He genuinely just wanted to grow closer with Tem. It's so sad.

10/10 episode.
Feb 19, 2021 2:42 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, this was intense!
We finally know the killer.
Tem's behaviour really confused me, though.
Feb 19, 2021 6:48 PM
Jul 2019
Holy shit this was so heavy.

This season has been absolutely fantastic. Each episode feels much longer than its actual length and packed with events. Pacing is fantastic, and the plot is very interesting. For me definitely an improvement over the already great first season, but in a different direction.
Feb 19, 2021 7:04 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty disappointed with this reveal. There should have more suspects. Tem and many others were acting out of character this episode. Sad.....
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Feb 19, 2021 9:56 PM
Feb 2015
Storm_blessed said:
Pretty disappointed with this reveal. There should have more suspects. Tem and many others were acting out of character this episode. Sad.....

1. The mystery isn't even the focus here. The main focus this season is the growth of both Legosi and Louis, with the murder acting as a driving force. The killer was obvious, and didn't need a big dramatic reveal.
2. Ah yes, Tem, the character that got 1 minute of screen time altogether in the form of flashbacks. How dare he act out of character (he didn't).

Sad... that you don't pay attention to what you watch
Feb 19, 2021 9:57 PM
Feb 2015
HikariShoumeiron said:
Wow, this was intense!
We finally know the killer.
Tem's behaviour really confused me, though.

It's heavily implied that what Tem says after "you carnivores are nothing but monsters" is Riz's imagination
Feb 19, 2021 9:59 PM
Feb 2015
_Endless_ said:
I don't know how to feel about everything being revealed in the same episode strangely and suddenly like this.

From a mystery point of view and seeing how this whole incident was set up from the very first episode, this was kind of disappointment. There should have been multiple suspects and scattered hints or red herrings in some cases from the beginning to make this more exciting and interesting.

That aside, I like the idea of how the murder actually happened.

Ah yes, another person that missed the point. The mystery isn't the focus here, the real focus is the growth Legosi and Louis go through. The murder acts as a driving force, but shouldn't be the reason why you're invested
Feb 19, 2021 10:11 PM
Jul 2014
I knew it! Xi Jinping is the murderer!
Feb 20, 2021 2:48 AM
Nov 2016
What the hell was that, this episode make me soooooo fxcking sad 😫
Feb 20, 2021 2:51 AM

Jun 2020
Wow that confrontation of legoshi was great and just straightworked , seems the mystery ends here but we got Riz's side of the story which was pretty well done , the pills were kinda confusing but , it was interesting to see Riz's perception when he mistook Tem's cries for help there.
literaturenerd said:
I knew it! Xi Jinping is the murderer!
Lol , that was funny
Feb 20, 2021 3:35 AM

Mar 2019
Awesome episode. Incredible work by Orange as usual. Animation, direction, music, acting and everything else was on point. Really like the pacing here too. Shit is going to continue to get crazy.

I love this arc.
Feb 20, 2021 3:57 AM

Feb 2017
I don't get those feeling bad for Riz, sure everything is fine even after he stops taking the pills, he's young, he's bound to make mistakes out of naivety and even he grabbing Tem's arm out of some sort of panic of trying to explain to his friend his true self, but after he crushed Tem's arm and started to run after him there's no argument to be made why he would do that other than sheer stupidity since we've seen the other club members know to not follow a prey knowing they might snap and fall for their insticts even if they don't mean to.

On another note, the idea of segregation is so stupid and Els gives an answer as to why so beautifully, ofcourse if you don't mingle with the "other" you'll never get to understand them and see them as people and avoiding any conflict that might surface out of differences is cowardice, later they could argue that having small hervivores along larger one is dangerous since they could stomp them out of existance, then those with horns should have theirs removed since it could be dangerous and so on.
LuxeraphFeb 20, 2021 4:11 AM
Feb 20, 2021 8:04 AM

Dec 2012
That was disturbing as hell. Uncontrollable strength is scary.
Feb 20, 2021 8:09 AM

Feb 2019
They screwed up the writing in this episode in regards to build-up and pay-off, in my opinion. Not that the manga did much better, but I'd think they'd have improved upon it. There was no tension before and after the reveal, it comes across like 'well, remember that one background character no one ever paid mind to and neither did we, guess what, friend?'

However, the final flashback was beautifully done, it hit hard and good, although a bit too crass and obvious what it was going to happen when Tem does an 180 to' accept' Riz.
Feb 20, 2021 9:13 AM

Dec 2016
OMG! That was brutal! O_o It's heartbreaking to know that Riz, just like Legoshi, are good friends with Tem, and then the bear does this... If only Riz didn't stop to take those pills :( Intense episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 20, 2021 10:09 AM
Jul 2019
Kosmonaut said:
They screwed up the writing in this episode in regards to build-up and pay-off, in my opinion. Not that the manga did much better, but I'd think they'd have improved upon it. There was no tension before and after the reveal, it comes across like 'well, remember that one background character no one ever paid mind to and neither did we, guess what, friend?'

However, the final flashback was beautifully done, it hit hard and good, although a bit too crass and obvious what it was going to happen when Tem does an 180 to' accept' Riz.

I don't feel like the mystery of who the murderer is was in any way the main theme of this case to get annoyed about the reveal being so casual imo. From the moment Legoshi was attacked and from the silhouette of the attacker it was obvious it'll be someone huge in size. Once I saw this bear I said "has to be this one", he's the only one who fits this simple criteria. Dragging it any further or making a meal out of it would have been weird since it was so obvious so Legoshi should also figure it as easily as the viewer for it to make sense.
Feb 20, 2021 10:46 AM

Jan 2009
Damn, what are these creatures made of! Pulling someone's limb off requires quite a lot of force, it's not something you do casually.
Feb 20, 2021 10:56 AM

Sep 2019
I didn't expect this much to be revealed in a single episode.

Well, that's how Tim's murder happened. I felt really bad for Riz even though he's the culprit. He just wanted to have a friend who he could show the real him but his instincts got the better of him. It was an amazing episode.
Feb 20, 2021 11:46 AM

Feb 2019
el3mel said:
Kosmonaut said:

I don't feel like the mystery of who the murderer is was in any way the main theme of this case to get annoyed about the reveal being so casual imo. From the moment Legoshi was attacked and from the silhouette of the attacker it was obvious it'll be someone huge in size. Once I saw this bear I said "has to be this one", he's the only one who fits this simple criteria. Dragging it any further or making a meal out of it would have been weird since it was so obvious so Legoshi should also figure it as easily as the viewer for it to make sense.
Considering the mystery was present since the first episode/chapter of Beastars and it was the first main conflict, lingering in the background of everything else, plus how central it has been to Legosi's character so far and from here, I don't think a bigger meal could even be made out of it, lest the whole story turns into a food bank.
Feb 20, 2021 12:33 PM
Jul 2019
Kosmonaut said:
el3mel said:

Considering the mystery was present since the first episode/chapter of Beastars and it was the first main conflict, lingering in the background of everything else, plus how central it has been to Legosi's character so far and from here, I don't think a bigger meal could even be made out of it, lest the whole story turns into a food bank.

To be honest, I always felt this murder case was just there as plot device to progress the plot rather than being the main focus of the plot itself, which I feel it has always been how can herbivores and carnivores live with each other, while this murder happened to kick start the story then faded into the background after that. This season seems like the author wanted to close this plot line instead of keeping it open.
Feb 20, 2021 3:23 PM

Jan 2011
You wanna hate Riz but you can't. Wow he jsut fucked up and made a critical mistake that led to lost of life. No wonder Pina isn't gonna snitch on him as he is already suffering.

This show is so damn sad in parts man. Legosi gonna have to tell the snake and will become a Beastar.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Feb 20, 2021 4:06 PM
May 2020
Nemo_Niemand said:
I didn't get it why Tem panicked and started running away after Riz just told him he didn't take his pills.
It wasn't stated that bears get insane and bloodthirsty if they don't take pills even once. It only was said that it restrained their strength.
Was it a plothole?

So, Riz can't kill Legoshi and Pina because they are club members and it may provoke the further investigation. He has to come up with something else. Trying to threaten Haru, for example?

Rix wasn't chasing after Tem with the intent to kill, he was just trying to have a conversation. When they both embraced eachother, Riz squeezed Tem to death as a result of him not taking his pills and when he saw a dead body covered in blood, his instincts kicked in. I think it makes enough sense for it to not be considered a plothole.
Feb 20, 2021 6:09 PM
Oct 2018
I was sincerely amazed by this episode. For some reason I can't really describe, I think this anime is the best of this season. Honestly this should be an example of how a story should be written.
Feb 20, 2021 6:29 PM

Apr 2015
Why Riz isn't even listed on the Characters page here on MAL? lol

He's probably my top 5 favorite characters of the show.
Feb 20, 2021 6:47 PM
Sep 2008
Enjoyed this episode even if this site spoiled it last week
Feb 20, 2021 6:52 PM
Sep 2008
Ten said:
Where is the big snake when you need it? Seems like the crime is solved now. As much as they made us understand Riz and his motives, I don't feel sorry for him. For starters, the decision to discard the pills was extremely stupid and dangerous.

I 100% was expecting the snake to come down when Riz was tearing up the ceiling
Feb 20, 2021 6:53 PM
Sep 2008
ttcchen said:
KANLen09 said:
Shit went down REAL FAST everywhere, and the threat of herbivores and carnivores is as ever present a.k.a Kibi's arm dislodged for an (intentional) freak accident that caused the interspecies segregation.

what do you mean it's intentional?
rizqy96 said:

Oh damn, it was more graphic in the manga? I thought it was already tense and shocking enough.

the way they censored it in the anime made it seem as if it was a prank at first. i've seen a few reactors thinking they were just acting and didn't realize the shit was real until later

This is what I thought too, it's a drama club, a fake arm prop with blood would be so good. But when the panther started freaking out, I realized shiii-
Feb 20, 2021 7:47 PM
Jun 2017
Ahh, for the second time, I cannot help but feel kind of bad for Riz. He just wanted to have a friend.
The cannibalism scene was well done, in my opinion. It does convey the emotions it portrays.
My, my, I even think if Tem did actually resis or if that was merely a survival instinct kicking in? Though
if I recall correctly that bit about the marks of resistance wasn't mentioned in the manga...

It was so nice they used that Cannibalism theme again.

The scene of Kibi's arm was still tense. It wasn't as shocking as I hoped it would be, but eh, I guess
it's a matter of regulations and yadda yadda...

"If Els was a female tiger, I'd totally hit on that". Hehehe.
But again, don't get your hopes all high. This ship will not sail.
PaulotronatorFeb 20, 2021 8:01 PM
Feb 20, 2021 7:55 PM

Aug 2015
holy SHIT this episode was SO MUCH.
The arm scene was so cleverly done... I thought it was going to be revealed as a prop prank.

i didn't imagine this mystery being revealed like this at all.... Tragic friendship (romance?)

holy shit Itagaki...
Feb 20, 2021 9:39 PM

Nov 2017
Holy shit, this episode hit hard. Their confidence in each other was their downfall. I felt really bad, because it basically murder with a motive of love.

Don't skip your meds, kids.
Feb 20, 2021 10:37 PM

Mar 2016
Very depressing episode 10/10
Feb 21, 2021 3:34 AM
May 2020
Damn finally, the culprit has introduced, am anticipating more enthralling events in the next episodes. Some dark twists has been happening now and I'm fascinated. Great episode love it.
Feb 21, 2021 3:38 AM

Dec 2015
What was the reason behind Kibi letting Legoshi carry them to the nurse? Because he's dating Haru? Or is there something else I'm missing?
Leaves from the vine~
Feb 21, 2021 3:44 AM

May 2018
hippolotion said:
Nemo_Niemand said:
Was it a plothole?

Rix wasn't chasing after Tem with the intent to kill, he was just trying to have a conversation. When they both embraced eachother, Riz squeezed Tem to death as a result of him not taking his pills and when he saw a dead body covered in blood, his instincts kicked in. I think it makes enough sense for it to not be considered a plothole.

No no, I was talking about Tem's reaction alone as a plothole. Did he have reasons to start running away? Riz wasn't threatening him.
I think that Riz's instincts kicked even earlier, when he smelled the blood from Tem's damaged arm.
Also, they didn't embrace each other and Riz didn't squeeze him by hugging, he straight up murdered and ate him. You can rewatch that scene at the first episode of first season. Here's some spoiler:
Nemo_NiemandFeb 21, 2021 3:55 AM

Feb 21, 2021 3:57 AM

May 2018
Stuzfin said:
What was the reason behind Kibi letting Legoshi carry them to the nurse? Because he's dating Haru? Or is there something else I'm missing?

I guess you just think too much. Legoshi is a timid and calm-looking person and has reputation of a nice and harmless guy, and Kibi also knows him well as a club comrade, that's all.

Feb 21, 2021 7:26 AM

Jul 2017
Fucking brutal episode, jesus. That's all I can really say.
Feb 21, 2021 1:11 PM

Apr 2016
I don’t know if I like or not what happened this episode. Let’s see what’s going to happen from now on.
Feb 21, 2021 1:48 PM
Mar 2015
Got to love your food
Feb 21, 2021 3:49 PM
Aug 2017
Damn man! I thought when Kibi had his arm ripped off, it was just Legoshi hallucinating. But then the scene just kept going and going. And was just sitting there like holy sh*t!

They did a good job painting Riz in this sort of grey area. Because it makes you wonder if this would have happened if the bears didn't have to take these drugs in the first place. I mean they have were worrying about size & strength, they must have forgot elephants in this world. And then that last part with Riz & Tem... Was the final hug real or was it a hallucination as a withdraw symptom from the drugs?

Either way with all this drama, I'm excited from the next ep!
HazelShonenFanFeb 21, 2021 3:57 PM
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Things more important then what your hunting for, could be right there on the side of the road.”

Feb 21, 2021 8:37 PM

Oct 2020
probably the best episode of beatsars yet that was inane. things got tense so quick and the reveal of the murderer literally started stressing me out, the ending was hideous as we finally learn the truth of tem, if things continue similar to this episode im giving it a 10
Feb 21, 2021 9:04 PM
Feb 21, 2021 9:06 PM

Sep 2018
Shocks!!! I remember a story about a guy who eat the girl he loves. It's so creepy!!! Riz became crazy already. How can you eat someone so important to you!! I didn't notice him until now, I always suspected the tiger but a bear did the crime!?! Bear is a cute huge animals :( 
Feb 21, 2021 9:08 PM

Oct 2008
so that dark greyish lion or tiger? is the true culprit from the case of Tem huh...
looks like even Legosi is no match against that cuplrit! damn getting more intense!
5/5.

EDIT: oh!...the cuplrit's name is Riz...

Feb 21, 2021 10:53 PM
May 2018
shiro_kai said:
That why this show is meh and it's history is shit, makes absolutetly no sense how their society reached this point if you need pills (that doesn't realy work) to suppress carnivores and let them live together. It's like a history where humans live under the water using oxygen tubes and diving suit since the homosapiens era.

I got a few days late so I don't know if someone already said this, but carnivores having to supress themselves is the only possible society in the world of Beastars. You can't just suggest that hervibores and carnivores live in different places or that carnivores just don't exist because of them being too dangerous. You like it or not, they HAVE to live together, so everyone does their best to live in peace (including suppressing pills and the black market). It makes perfect sense to me.
Feb 22, 2021 12:14 AM

May 2018
HazelShonenFan said:
Was the final hug real or was it a hallucination as a withdraw symptom from the drugs?

No, it was not real. If you are interested, you can rewatch that same scene at first episode of first season.

Feb 22, 2021 9:16 AM

Jun 2016
damn this world is really just fucked up ̶h̶̶a̶̶h̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶i̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶o̶̶r̶̶l̶̶d̶
for some reason i had the impression that legosi was the one that killed tem all this time. so like watching him trying to find the culprit im just 🤡
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

201 by Dakidhellsing »»
May 25, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ringare - Jan 5, 2021

133 by JubalinaBingBing »»
May 6, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

102 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.