Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2020 12:58 PM

Mar 2017
This was both the best episode so far and the worst. Best; that Yuuji vs Mahito battle was beyond fire and there was just so much emotion and quality storytelling. Worst; Junpei died and Yuuji learned what it felt like to be unable to save someone. My heart completely broke... I fucking hate Mahito with a passion 😡
Dec 18, 2020 1:01 PM

Mar 2016
ElGoblino said:
strawberaetae said:
sukuna is backkk <3 yessss "know your place fool".

him and mahito laughing at itadori was funny af tho.

junpei with the squad

nanami coming to clutch up!

bruhhhh :o

Dec 18, 2020 1:05 PM
Nov 2020
After reading the comments I still can't believe Junpei is dead. They fooled me big time with the OP showing Junpei and Yuji together.
Now I can't take this heartbreak 😭😭
Dec 18, 2020 1:20 PM
Apr 2019
Yeah I'm feeling now I'm watching a modern shounen anime, fuck man! This episode just is breath holding! Best, holy shit, was about to lose my shit,

Yuuji when gets angry >>>>>

This is so shounen esque and I liked it more than I thought I could,
This is a visual beauty,
Just excellent, 5/5
Dec 18, 2020 1:20 PM

Sep 2018
I like this a lot, in this show they don't hesitate if a character dies, i don't think that we're going to see Junpei again
I keep moving forward
Dec 18, 2020 1:27 PM

Jul 2015
_BRZRKR_ said:
After reading the comments I still can't believe Junpei is dead. They fooled me big time with the OP showing Junpei and Yuji together.
Now I can't take this heartbreak 😭😭
I feel you. Though the eerie scene right after made me think something was going to happen to him. Although, I didn't exactly think it would've been so soon. I had hoped he would've join the school first. But I was also prepared for it not to happen.
Dec 18, 2020 1:31 PM

Mar 2014
Damn this episode was epic, the fight's choreography and animation were stunning. It was really intense seeing Junpei's death in such a heartbreaking way, after Yuuji told him to join them at the JJ academy :( I really wanted him to live and be friends with Yuuji, he deserved to have friendship in his life. Yuuji's reaction to his death and after being laughed at was really intense. I feel like the full rage mode is something that is really overused in shonen, but this one felt very refreshing because of the writing.

Really looking forward to the next episode with Nanamin and Yuuji teaming up. Ffs, there's a small death flag here so I'm fucking praying Nanamin won't die, he's my fave character and I'd hate to see that T_T
Dec 18, 2020 1:32 PM

May 2018
Can Gojou-sensei go just one episode without looking so damn sexy??!

Rip Junpei, died a fool
Dec 18, 2020 2:00 PM

Apr 2020
such a emotional episode. everything that happened to Junpei was unfortunate and so sad T_______T

just epic Sukuna telling Mahito to know his place
(and pls, that unnecessary gorgeous Gojou scene)
Dec 18, 2020 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
Simply phenomenal. Action and fights were amazing.

That moment Junpei told Yuuji about his mum, heart-fucking-breaking man. Downright sad.

Rip Junpei :( Unexpected to see him get killed by Mahito. He deserved that punch from Yuuji. Another interesting scene is Mahito and Sukuna laughing at Yuuji, for some reason I really loved that part. That was soon gone to waste when Mahito tried to touch Sukuna's soul, "Know your place, fool."

Nanamin managed to arrive just in time to save Yuuji. Definitely an episode with a lot of different emotions.
Dec 18, 2020 2:26 PM

Jun 2014
Unfortunate circumstances beyond his control ultimately led to Junpei's death, RIP. Seeing Mahito get his ass beat was very satisfying to watch, although of course he won't go down easily. Now that Nanamin is here, hopefully Mahito ends up getting what he deserves.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 18, 2020 2:29 PM

Mar 2020
Tbh I didn't expect jujutsu kaisen to be this good.
check out odd taxi
Dec 18, 2020 2:40 PM
Jul 2020
I have a feeling Junpei is gonna be turned back because in the OP he was sitting with the other students. If he did die then I think that scene in the OP is a bit weird to include him
Dec 18, 2020 2:44 PM

Jun 2019
This episode went by in a flash. Well I didn’t expect team curses to kill Junpei. I thought it was gonna be him vs. Itadori to the death, but they subverted that with Itadori deciding to talk to him instead. The fights continue to be pretty crisp.
Dec 18, 2020 2:48 PM

Sep 2017
So the real question is is the OP jebaiting us by making it look like Junpei will become a recurring character? Guess we'll find out. Gonna go ahead and guess that it's not.
Dec 18, 2020 2:59 PM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
Seeing junpei with those students in the opening feels like bait after seeing him die in this episode.
Dec 18, 2020 3:02 PM

Mar 2020
Wow, the animation was incredible!!

Wonder if Junpei is still alive...he might be...

Well before you can get to Sukuna you must defeat Itadori entirely Mahito. Seems like Sukuna talked like Itadori was stronger than Mahito, well will be finding that out soon cause next episode is gonna get messy.

Great episode :)
Dec 18, 2020 3:23 PM

Apr 2020
Great action episode. If every shounen needs a memorable episode, episode 12 is my pick until now.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Dec 18, 2020 3:25 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Poor Junpei. Mahito used him, played him like a fiddle, and put him out of his misery by turning him into a cursed spirit via Idle Transfiguration. Itadori ask Sukana for help, but he said "nope, you're on your own." Luckily, Nanamin was able to step in before Itadori take any more damage.
Dec 18, 2020 3:43 PM

Jul 2013
i was looking forward to anime onlys' reaction to this ep the whole week lol

MAPPA served! great animation, that laughter scene was great and the headbutts were brutal! also Yuuji's rage was top tier, you can feel that he's gonna be changed irrevocably by this incident

also i feel bad for junpei. he was bullied brutally, then his mom dies, and then he realizes the one he's been trusting this whole time was neither good nor an actual human. And then he dies. damn what a sad life...

finally that jujutsu scroll was so twisted! I didn't realize at first what it was but those were transfigured people they're playing pop the pirate with...

EDIT: bruh the OP is a huge troll for anime only's lol. But yes, Junpei is dead. That picnic scene is something that will never happen irl.
Dec 18, 2020 3:49 PM
Mar 2018
ProofByColor said:
So the real question is is the OP jebaiting us by making it look like Junpei will become a recurring character? Guess we'll find out. Gonna go ahead and guess that it's not.

Dec 18, 2020 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
Damn good episode!!!!!
Dec 18, 2020 3:58 PM

Aug 2020
What an episode.
Really like how they direct this..

Yuji Rage Mode 🔥🔥
Dec 18, 2020 4:00 PM
Aug 2020
I knew Mahito was insane but this episode has turned him into one of those villans I truly hate. The way he's groomed junpei into acting how he wanted and then just used him and threw him away like that, I'm so full of rage it's unbelieveable. That punch from yuuji was one of the most satisfying and deserving things I've ever seen. I am also living for Sukuna putting Mahito in his place. Legend.
But man, this fight is bloody incredible and it's only just begun. The next ep can't come soon enough.
Dec 18, 2020 4:22 PM

Oct 2017
jemmo said:
I knew Mahito was insane but this episode has turned him into one of those villans I truly hate. The way he's groomed junpei into acting how he wanted and then just used him and threw him away like that, I'm so full of rage it's unbelieveable. That punch from yuuji was one of the most satisfying and deserving things I've ever seen. I am also living for Sukuna putting Mahito in his place. Legend.
But man, this fight is bloody incredible and it's only just begun. The next ep can't come soon enough.

That's what makes Mahito a "good" villain though.
He is a curse born from human's ugliness/ hatred/ grudge, so it'd actually make less sense if he's genuinely caring/ empathetic.
Dec 18, 2020 4:25 PM

Nov 2014
strawberaetae said:
bruhhhh :o

Too used to Shounen cliches huh? XD

nanimeanswhat said:
Wow this was the crappiest Juju Stroll ever.

Also, how come Yuuji doesn’t bleed at all after being pierced tens of times like that? I’m sure at least one of the many spikes pierced through his lungs but somehow he doesn’t have any problem breathing. Is there are cursed technique that stops bleeding or something? Please elaborate lol.

You'll understand this Juju Stroll after watching the next episode. It's actually a spoiler but you won't know it's a spoiler unless you know what's gonna happen next episode

I think those penetrations missed Yuji's vital organs and with the adrenaline pumping that's why he's still able to move and talk. Also, if you look closely at the scene where he got his right chest pierced, it was closer to the side so I'm assuming it missed his lungs completely.

Also there is a curse technique that can heal your body, it's called Curse Technique Reversal or something. Sukuna talked about it in episode 4 how it's easier for curses to heal themselves than it is for humans. Anyway, only certain jujutsu sorcerers know how to reverse curse techniques, and Yuji isn't one of them, so he can't heal himself, not even subconsciously.
Dec 18, 2020 4:42 PM

Dec 2015
I feel like I should have liked this episode more, because Junpei was so far the only character that I cared about in this series. He wasn't your generic shounen character that only has a weird trope, he is a character that genuinely is easy to empathize with. However, I barely felt anything with his fight, his death and Itadori fighting the generic blue haired villain out of rage. It probably means that despite him being easy to empathize, it still needed more time to make the viewer actually care about him. Also, the direction could have at least made an effort of making his death feel like a sad moment. The rest of it was again, an excellent fight execution, but still without a real reason for me to be emotionally invested in it, which is why Jujutsu Kaisen for me still can't be more than a 7/10. After all, tension in fights is only possible if the anime makes you care about possible consequences about that fight.
Dec 18, 2020 4:48 PM

Jun 2020
Yyyooooo that shit got real, dark real quick. Where is Gojou-san? Nice episode.
Dec 18, 2020 4:48 PM
Mar 2018
strawberaetae said:
sukuna is backkk <3 yessss "know your place fool".

him and mahito laughing at itadori was funny af tho.

junpei with the squad

nanami coming to clutch up!

Naaa the Opening was just for deceiving I think.
Dec 18, 2020 4:52 PM

Jun 2020
I just want to say that the Jellyfish are super cute ! ksjsj pardon my mind

♡hyena zzZzzZ♡

Dec 18, 2020 5:07 PM

Jan 2011
this was actually really good and sad seeing junpei go out i honestly thought by the time he showed up he'll join at some point regardless of what happen but this kinda left me feeling he is actually dead and the OP was just reverse bait no way all that rage and typical berserk anger ends with him still coming back as much as i want.

Mahito powers always made me find him just vile and he truly is every single hit was satisfying
Dec 18, 2020 5:18 PM
Feb 2018
Damn this episode went by so fast. This is by the far the best episode after episode 7 although next week's episode will probably top it.
Dec 18, 2020 5:31 PM
Jul 2018
Totally didn't expect that Junpei would die, judging from the opening I thought he would join Yuuji and everything. Crazy plot twist. From the preview don't tell me that Nanami is going to die as well. I love his character :(
Dec 18, 2020 5:43 PM
Nov 2020
Damn, so that's it with Junpei? Would've been nice if he ended up being a fellow jujutsu sorcery student with Yuuji and the others...

Also, that headbutting scene was pretty cool. In terms of violent graphics, it exceeds anything I've seen in Dragonball but Berserk still takes the cake in this regard.

(But what about that after credits scene? lol)
Dec 18, 2020 6:10 PM

May 2013
Yes! I am loving the episode so far, the talk and development that I expected is coming right up to my alley.
I didnt expect what happened to Junpei though, I grew attached of this weakness and it was such a nice change of heart for him when Mahito just screw him like that. Mahito needs to die. exorcised. Do something Nanamin and Itadori.

Dec 18, 2020 6:10 PM

Mar 2016
I didn't think Junpei would die because he was in the OP. haha Guess the OP will change next episode.

I think the next episode will only have a fight scene that doesn't move the plot forward at all.
Dec 18, 2020 6:22 PM

Jul 2017
Very intense eps. Sukuna put everyone in their places sasuga
Dec 18, 2020 6:29 PM
Oct 2020
A pretty hype episode, although there were some frames in the fight scenes that looked a little lackluster it was all still very fluid and made for an exciting fight. If i could knit pick 1 thing about this ep it would be that Yuji's rage died down pretty fast, beautifully animated (and voiced) rage scene and then immediately he is discussing strategy in his head, after that it was hardly seen was more just like a regular fight with mc determination. I'm basic and love my anime rage moments and that just felt like a wasted opportunity to let it play out a little more
Haki831Dec 18, 2020 6:33 PM
Dec 18, 2020 6:30 PM
Apr 2014
Good episode once again, the laugh scene is wicked
Dec 18, 2020 6:41 PM

Sep 2013
Wait, is Junpei really...died? He won't get magically revived in the next episode?
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Dec 18, 2020 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
Yasamura said:
Wait, is Junpei really...died? He won't get magically revived in the next episode?

he's dead for real
Dec 18, 2020 7:08 PM

Jan 2020
Not only the way he died but his life in general was so tragic. Rest in piece

This episode was easily the best episode so far for me and it went by very quickly. I'd even say it was of my favorite episodes in the whole entire season. The animation was amazing like usual and I felt lots of emotion throughout the episode.

I'm enjoying this series more and more every week and I can't wait for the continuation next week. 5/5 episode

Dec 18, 2020 7:10 PM

Aug 2020
Still shocked about Junpei dying wtf
Dec 18, 2020 7:21 PM
Mar 2015
Poor Junpei Never trust a curse
Dec 18, 2020 7:28 PM
Jul 2018
Yuuji going full Gon Freecss there for a moment was quite epic.
removed-userDec 19, 2020 12:00 AM
Dec 18, 2020 7:36 PM

Jul 2020
I'm starting to appreciate this series.

Ep 12 was was fire! And their voice acting is outstanding that made me goosebumps.
Dec 18, 2020 7:48 PM

Jul 2016
BarelyCreative said:
Yuuji going full Gon Freecs there for a moment was quite epic.

Yep... Going to be one hell of a vengence.
Dec 18, 2020 7:51 PM

Jul 2015
This week's episode was marvelous.
I feel sad for Junpei.. BUT MY GOD WHAT WAS THAT???
I'm speechless till now.

*RIP my heart.

Dec 18, 2020 8:11 PM

Oct 2016
Damn, if they don't remove Junpei in the picnic part of the OP next week all I'll feel is p a i n when I see him, well either way I'll feel p a i n. I thought he was going to become a Jujutsu Sorcerer. Well at least maybe he's with his mother now. RIP Junpei.

Great episode, I haven't started reading the manga but, I can tell that they fucking nailed it. Sukuna is a badass, he's a dick but, he's got standards too lmao. Looking forward to the next episode, Nanami and Itadori vs Mahito, I am assuming it's the final episode of this arc.
Dec 18, 2020 8:32 PM

Dec 2017
Great fight scenes in this episode.

But I still haven't got the grasp of the magic system in this series. I hope it would be explained more in the future episodes. :/
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

646 by OutPieNova »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

303 by Agathusian »»
Yesterday, 4:24 AM

» Jjk fans just CANNOT help themselves from spoiling everything ( 1 2 )

LillyTheHoover - Jan 4

72 by cerise_serris »»
May 30, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2020

277 by lorenz07 »»
May 28, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

228 by Agathusian »»
May 27, 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.