Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Did you hate the way it ended? (spoilers)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 24, 2020 9:26 PM
Oct 2008
I don't even know what to think...

I mean I liked the concept of the SAO franchise. It starts off as a VR game but everything was building up to the technology being integrated into modern life and eventually led up to the main thing; AI artificial life.

Like everything was going to that direction and it got there but the last episode...I just feel like SAO has gone on for far too long now. Maybe a few more episodes that would explore the transferring 'souls' between VR and reality or such but...now space adventures? huh? Not to mention a copy of kirito where it is going to come down to kirito vs kirito...I just don't know where the franchise is going anymore.

(oh, I just realised I voted the wrong way. Should be an option to change your vote.)
Sep 24, 2020 9:43 PM

Jul 2016
Makey said:
I don't even know what to think...

I mean I liked the concept of the SAO franchise. It starts off as a VR game but everything was building up to the technology being integrated into modern life and eventually led up to the main thing; AI artificial life.

Like everything was going to that direction and it got there but the last episode...I just feel like SAO has gone on for far too long now. Maybe a few more episodes that would explore the transferring 'souls' between VR and reality or such but...now space adventures? huh? Not to mention a copy of kirito where it is going to come down to kirito vs kirito...I just don't know where the franchise is going anymore.

(oh, I just realised I voted the wrong way. Should be an option to change your vote.)
that why the story not finished. The and its not a VR game but a simulation to create an bottom up A.I to be used the technology to mass produced soldiers. Thats the objective of RATH. But its compromised by third party thats why it comes to that. The space is delved as side story called moon cradle but in LN they ended it with cliffhanger. Thats why we will wait the adaption of it about events in Kirito fluclight in 200years stay in Underworld. Dont give you hopes up because its not finished itss still publishing.

Sep 24, 2020 9:47 PM

Jul 2016
hacker09 said:
I need HELP!

Can someone please help me understand if there's going to be released an next season?
I'm not talking about SAO Progressive, since it seems that this isn't going to be an sequencial season for the Alicization seasons.

When do you think that this sequence will be released?

A quick question for the manga readers: Does the story continue or this is the end of the Alicizarion seasons?
its still ongoing its final arc of SAO. When it released? I dont for sure but the anime tends to adapt when the material is finished. And the arc is 3 volumes and its in starting phase. Maybe after 5years.

Sep 25, 2020 5:14 AM

Dec 2019
@chriskor022

So the next next season called Unitial Ring that supposedly will be released in "4 years" is still about the Alicization arc?

I heard some people saying that the Alicization arc really finished, and the new progressive season will go back to the first/second season.

Most people didn't like how sao ended, neither the space ship stuff.

If Unitial Ring isn't an continuation of this last season then the anime probably won't be great as it could be, and as it was in the beginning.
I feel like the ending for this current season is missing
Click here to see My Tampermonkey Scripts For MAL

If you like my work, please consider supporting it!
https://www.patreon.com/hacker09

Sep 25, 2020 9:37 AM

Jul 2016
hacker09 said:
@chriskor022

So the next next season called Unitial Ring that supposedly will be released in "4 years" is still about the Alicization arc?

I heard some people saying that the Alicization arc really finished, and the new progressive season will go back to the first/second season.

Most people didn't like how sao ended, neither the space ship stuff.

If Unitial Ring isn't an continuation of this last season then the anime probably won't be great as it could be, and as it was in the beginning.
I feel like the ending for this current season is missing
the next arc is the final arc. Its a direct continuation after the event of alicization. It still in the early stages with 3volumes publish.

Sep 25, 2020 9:29 PM

Mar 2017
chriskor022 said:
Tylerr said:
i wanted to see more of 200 year old kirito

does he appear in the later LNs? And do we get to see what happens during that time?
it has a side story called Moon Cradle its consists of two books(volume 19 and 20) about their life in underworld in 200 years but it ends on a cliffhanger. But the author plan to delve when the main series is concluded, because the main series is in the final arc.

I wanted to see more of what happened during the 200 years Kirito and Asuna were in the Underworld. I'd read a spoiler that they'd be there that long but expected there would be at least the better part of an episode covering it, and was disappointed that all we got was maybe a 15-second montage as Kirito's memories slip away from him.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Sep 25, 2020 10:36 PM

Jul 2016
mwalimu said:
chriskor022 said:
it has a side story called Moon Cradle its consists of two books(volume 19 and 20) about their life in underworld in 200 years but it ends on a cliffhanger. But the author plan to delve when the main series is concluded, because the main series is in the final arc.

I wanted to see more of what happened during the 200 years Kirito and Asuna were in the Underworld. I'd read a spoiler that they'd be there that long but expected there would be at least the better part of an episode covering it, and was disappointed that all we got was maybe a 15-second montage as Kirito's memories slip away from him.
i dont give my hopes up. The moon cradle in the books are ending abruptly which means its a to be continued ending. Because the author is writing now the final arc of SAO. But who knows maybe the author retelling it when the SAO ends. Like happen in progressive.

Dec 14, 2020 4:06 AM

Jul 2019
Short answer is a yes from me.

It wasted the potential it built (with a lot of effort). I don't really know where this last season could've gone since there was so much material from the previous season and a half, but the last thing I hoped was for it to go back to its Aincrad roots, with every girl thirsting for an inexplicably OP Kirito while the larger-than-life aspects of the plot are ignored. For Alice to amount to nothing more than the newest addition to the harem instead of having a deeper spotlight as the first human-made "human" is beyond disappointing.

Also there were so many things unresolved. You would think that after adapting the LN so damn fast they would still manage to bring some closure but nah.
Feb 19, 2021 5:16 AM
Feb 2021
For me, everything was going to the direction as it must be. I have some unresolved questions but hope to get answers in the following seasons.
I dont give my hopes up to see a new war. It amuses me a lot!
Personally, the question of artificial intelligence is so interesting to deepen. I first saw it in Sword Art Online, but I started to read something more about it after watching the series. As a result, I found https://writingbros.com/essay-examples/artificial-intelligence/ , where are so many good written articles on the topic of artificial intelligence. From here you will learn that artificial intelligence is not the distant future but our reality nowadays. Everything is rapidly evolving and implementing. I recommend everyone to read at least a little to be aware of the issue.
AnnetteSFeb 22, 2021 1:18 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.