Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 9, 2020 1:51 PM
Jul 2016
Hegar said:
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:

First of all your point is completely invalid. I'm not defending this anime like the heretics protected against the crusaders. I'm just trying to show that this is not as bad as people say it it. That's my entire point. To bring some light on why this season is bad, BUT not as bad as people say and think it is

"like the heretics protected against the crusaders"

You have some really weird references in your posts. Going to that guy's page to see how he rates shows so you can insult him for it. And this. "Heretic" is someone who was a Christian but is no longer. Those who were never Christian aren't heretics.

And what was the point of that reference? The "heretics," or more accurately the Muslims, didn't manage to defend (you meant defend, not protect) their Mediterranean pirate ports or Jerusalem, and even if they did your reference wouldn't make sense. You imply that the defense would be meaningless, which it obviously wasn't from their perspective. So then your reference lacks any meaning. Aside from showing that you are well versed in the history of the world, and so forth.

You do know that more than 70% of all crusades ended in Muslim victories. Also the church referred to the Muslim as Heretics because in their view of religion was that everyone is born in the light of God, and thus anyone who strays away from God/Christianity aka joins another religion (even from near birth) is a heretic.
Also I'm not sure why you came to the defense of SatanicAlpha, because this is a closed case. We agreed to disagree. He got my side of the argument and I got his. This argument is over. Done. Fin.
Bird_of_Hermes_Jan 9, 2020 1:57 PM
Jan 9, 2020 2:09 PM
Nov 2018
@Bird_of_Hermes_ Yes, we've seen the same episode, and if you think the animations are even passable, then my friend there are some serious problems. Yes, the animations have improved, even if it took very little, I'll give you an example: if you take a shit and cover it with glitter it doesn't become beautiful because it's colorful and shiny, it's ALWAYS a shit.
Also... the pacing was good? Seriously? It was simply embarrassing, and not only because of the poor quality of the animation but also because of the complete lack of pathos accompanied by a practically non-existent OST that doesn't say anything to the viewer, the dubbing was terrible and not because of the dubbers talent but because of the timing of the dialogues.
To conclude, if you think that something is saved in this episode then trust me, focus about something else.
Jan 9, 2020 2:25 PM
Jul 2016
Nantoh said:
@Bird_of_Hermes_ Yes, we've seen the same episode, and if you think the animations are even passable, then my friend there are some serious problems. Yes, the animations have improved, even if it took very little, I'll give you an example: if you take a shit and cover it with glitter it doesn't become beautiful because it's colorful and shiny, it's ALWAYS a shit.
Also... the pacing was good? Seriously? It was simply embarrassing, and not only because of the poor quality of the animation but also because of the complete lack of pathos accompanied by a practically non-existent OST that doesn't say anything to the viewer, the dubbing was terrible and not because of the dubbers talent but because of the timing of the dialogues.
To conclude, if you think that something is saved in this episode then trust me, focus about something else.

When you grade something were in your opinion is good? Because in my books good in mid-tier. In context of this season and the rushed production the animation was beyond passable.
Also this episode was able to bring to the surface the needed amount of emotion for the scenes. It didn't try to make you cry your eyes out and if anyone does from scenes like that I'm assuming we both agree that they need help. The OST was fine. Also the dubbing was bad? The timing of the dialogue isn't a problem with the dub it's a problem with the writing.
Jan 9, 2020 3:28 PM

Aug 2019
I've not read the manga so obviously have no basis for comparison but a fight between Meliodas and Escanor should be hype and it felt anything but. It was a little better than the previous episodes efforts.

Not even Sawano's excellent OST could really save it.
Jan 10, 2020 5:18 AM
Jun 2017
We have some new OP and ED on this one...

Escanor just showed how strong he really is... hahaha

And to Zeldris... i feel sad for him as his Father is still recognizing meliodas as the next demon king...

Ohh lets see what will happen with this one..
Jan 10, 2020 7:38 AM

Jun 2013
Fuck studio Deen just fuck them
Jan 10, 2020 2:21 PM

Apr 2018
My new wallpaper.

Jan 11, 2020 7:51 AM

Nov 2019
A barely good episode
6.5/10
Jan 11, 2020 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
Good grief... Escanor is too much. xD
Jan 12, 2020 12:21 AM

Apr 2018
Escanor is just too strong lmao, he can defeat the successor king with little effort. Welp Merlin defeated Escanor with one punch lool
Jan 12, 2020 3:02 AM

Dec 2014
Well new op and ending...the situation is so intense
Jan 12, 2020 2:35 PM
Mar 2015
good fight between Escanor and and Melodias Interesting seeing Arthur at this point with Caith knowing what is coming
Jan 12, 2020 11:25 PM

May 2019
This episode was a lot better than the last few. It adapted the manga much better this time around, and the animation didn't seem as... rough as it was last ep. (except for THAT scene lmao)

Praise the sun

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 13, 2020 7:50 AM
Mar 2019
Well...at least the new OP was alright..there's just no care for quality in this show anymore..simple as that.

Imagine how great this arc would have been if it was still A-1 producing it.

ImbalancedEmblem said:
Just came to say the fan animation is officially better. Last time I'll comment on this series in general since it's all trash now. New OP is also an incoherent mess with a lackluster song... 1 fan animation/5

Where is this fan animation? Youtube? I'm curious to see how they compare
Jan 13, 2020 2:51 PM

May 2015
LeafJonin said:
Where is this fan animation? Youtube? I'm curious to see how they compare

Yea. YouTube. Obviously, they cut it to be 1:1 with the manga, but the irony is that the manga's art is good enough that a Fan animation replicated the appeal to a lesser extent. There's also no awkward pacing AND the music choice is better.

Jan 25, 2020 3:39 AM

Oct 2008
watched delayed subs from [Chyuu]
WOW! Escanor is humongously strong! and can even bring down Meliodas at power level 142,000 meaning Escanor's strongest that we have seen might be beyond 200,000 power level! which is "The One"
damn that special attack! Divine Sword Escanor! I think anyone who get hit by that would be instant defeat no matter if they are one of the 10 commandments!
5/5.

Jan 26, 2020 8:42 AM

May 2015
ugh. what a wasted potentail
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 8, 2020 6:32 PM
Jun 2014
So much hype and the biggest bullshit character strolls in and saves the day. Business as usual with this crappy anime. Escanor is cool in small doses, but he just ruined an interesting plot twist. Meliodas.... He's always hyped up by everyone and shows some badass showowff power, but in actual fiights? He never really measure up then. Always loses. Pitiful. Now he was hyped to be at the top of his power when he was the meanest demon, and we get this annoying braggart of a man stomping all over him.

What does this mean? yes, unless Meliodas get some nonsensical upgrade somewhere in the future he's just gonna be second rate. He's been second rate in actual fights so far anyway.
Mar 18, 2020 4:48 AM

Jul 2012
Lmao this was so garbage
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2020 8:08 PM

Feb 2013
Escanor was epic as always.
Apr 9, 2020 11:18 AM

May 2018
I still refuse to believe that THAT was Meliodas v Escanor. I'm literally crying at this point
Apr 9, 2020 11:19 AM

May 2018
killuaxgon said:
My new wallpaper.

now that is truly beautiful
Aug 16, 2020 4:09 PM

May 2020
OP Melipdas vs. OP Escanor

Okay Escanor, its noon lets get to work!

Hmmm this is kinda lame, what is this a turn-base game?

What chapters of the manga is this supposed to be? I gotta see how this should have played out.

In summary:
Two robots take turns attacking each other while still frames of bystanders with shocked looks on their faces disrupts the flow the of the fight.

Also idk why everyone is upset about Elizabeth wanting to stay with Meliodas in the cube. She's already gonna die in 3 days.
Oct 15, 2020 10:08 AM
Jul 2017
Escanor is the best. Bloody massive lol.

Yeah trash animation still. Pacing off. Whatever.
May 27, 2021 5:47 PM
Oct 2019
lol at everyone bitching about the fight last episode. WHOOPS

have i mentioned that i can't stand elizabeth?

flying eyeball, talking cat, king arthur. weird threesome
HagePotPotatoMay 27, 2021 7:59 PM
Dec 3, 2021 8:22 AM

Apr 2013
Oh man... as much as I enjoy Escanor every time he opens his mouth, Deen really did mah boy dirty with this fight. It should've been an epic portrayal of what Escanor can do if he's at full strenght, instead it was just a pitiful portrayal of Deen's animation skill...
May 4, 2022 3:40 AM

Jan 2020
They gonna body-snatch Meliodas.

It's hard to even take this seriously at this point.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 29, 2022 10:53 AM
Oct 2017
The animation sucked, it was way better at the beginning of the season
Mar 15, 2023 3:53 PM
Sep 2020
Oh my gosh, the animations and art is such a joke, I can't take this ep seriously .~.

I don't know why the quality dropped so much, but I hope it goes back to s1-3 bc it is really taking the enjoyment out of the series.
Aug 29, 2023 3:53 AM
Apr 2023
I remember this episode being very bad but it’s very enjoyable! The fight although not the highest quality was still very entertaining with The One Escanor. And Arthur’s part was sweet to see.
Feb 27, 1:54 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to killuaxgon
My new wallpaper.

@killuaxgon

I kek'd for sure 👌

Can you remember?

Anyway, Merlin's punch was phenomenal. Gowther and Hawk's simultaneous "Heh?" Had me rolling 🤣
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

90 by masons_anime78 »»
May 21, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

190 by aristotle002 »»
Apr 14, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.