Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 5, 2009 12:37 PM

May 2008
leefan said:
kei-clone said:
Asako said:
Or you should just avoid the movie entirely because Toei sucks. Just a suggestion, though.

/agrees

omg, ya, seriously, wtf did they do with the animation...

I dont... know... but they really screwed it up. Didn't feel like Clannad.

And personally, the movie really disconnected me from the clannad world, especially since I saw it before After Story finished... I really think the first season was magical, but after watching the movie.... second season... ugh~
Mar 20, 2010 7:45 PM
Jun 2008
I watched ~After Story~ after seeing that craptastic-ish movie. But the series was so good that even knowing that

I still bawled like a baby. Especially since you didn't see it in the movie.
Nov 24, 2014 12:13 PM

Aug 2014
damn... I watched Clannad first 24 episodes and looked that movie was made before After Story so I wanted to watch all in chronological... and at 1 hour of movie... I just got spoiled.. so what now? now all my fun from After Story is over?
They should never make this movie before after strory omg..
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 5, 2017 7:37 AM

Jun 2016
OK, I need to speak up. Clannad is better with spoilers. In fact, everything is better with spoilers. There have been scientific studies to confirm this. And even if Clannad wasn't better with spoilers, the difference would be small at best. There's really no point in this entire thread

PS: I only read the first 2 or so replies on this, but I'm just gonna follow those replies up anyway with a ... yeah, Toei animation aren't the best, but whoever directed this is definitely the greater perpetrator of this movie's failure.
Dec 5, 2017 8:46 AM

Oct 2014
Tenderizer17 said:
OK, I need to speak up. Clannad is better with spoilers. In fact, everything is better with spoilers. There have been scientific studies to confirm this. And even if Clannad wasn't better with spoilers, the difference would be small at best. There's really no point in this entire thread

PS: I only read the first 2 or so replies on this, but I'm just gonna follow those replies up anyway with a ... yeah, Toei animation aren't the best, but whoever directed this is definitely the greater perpetrator of this movie's failure.

Nothing is better with spoilers, especially huge spoilers like this. Light spoilers may get you more interested in the series and give you something to look forward to. But if I told you the entire story of an anime before you watch it, you won't enjoy it as much as you would have normally.

This thread was made in Mar 29, 2008. 6 months before Clannad Afterstory aired, it had a point and it served it's purpose, nobody who is interested in Clannad at all should watch this anime original movie before Afterstory.
Dec 5, 2017 8:59 AM

Mar 2016
this movie kinda sucks, coming from a huge clannad fan, i don't recommend it, anyway. i watched it after the series and had high expectations, which is probably why i didn't enjoy it, but i guess it's a decent alternative ending

ᴀ ʙ ɪ ᴅ
no i don't love you, and i never did
Dec 5, 2017 4:00 PM

Jun 2016
Shayon said:
Tenderizer17 said:

Nothing is better with spoilers, especially huge spoilers like this. Light spoilers may get you more interested in the series and give you something to look forward to. But if I told you the entire story of an anime before you watch it, you won't enjoy it as much as you would have normally.

This thread was made in Mar 29, 2008. 6 months before Clannad Afterstory aired, it had a point and it served it's purpose, nobody who is interested in Clannad at all should watch this anime original movie before Afterstory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ggke9pDUho

I was gonna link to the study this video is based off but that's gated behind a paywall. But anyway, the source of information used in the study referenced in that video is reputable despite some bias, which could conceivably skew the results.

I've watched the Clannad series 6 times, so that should be evidence enough that you can enjoy it while knowing the entire story.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» When should I watch this(please no spoiler)

Hickykissy - May 2

9 by Putra_weeb »»
May 5, 5:20 AM

» I know this movie's not looked upon fondly however

KaiserVonGogureo - Sep 27, 2022

6 by Theo1899 »»
Sep 29, 2022 10:59 AM

Poll: » Clannad (Movie) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Mar 11, 2008

171 by Gendolfas »»
Sep 3, 2022 5:33 AM

Poll: » Should I watch the series first?

woojoo666 - Dec 2, 2013

8 by DC27 »»
Sep 6, 2021 7:07 AM

» Is it bad that I prefer the movie to the series??

jammydodger63 - Sep 18, 2012

29 by _DaikazokuDango_ »»
Oct 11, 2020 3:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.