Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 8, 2019 4:36 AM

Feb 2014
The comedy for this episode was brilliant. No other episode of this series beforehand had me laughing out loud so much. ^_^

The banter between Gilgamesh and Ishtar was very enjoyable, whereas the return of Jaguarman only went to amplify the comedic moments even more. Same goes for the cute childish grudge that Ana had on Jaguarman, too.

The funniest segment of the episode was how they recruited Jaguarman. First was how they completely ignored her while discussing their plan when they're walking through the jungle. Eventually, Jaguarman got their attention and when she made her threat, Ishtar rightly put her in her place. Jaguarman's next line would've made Shiro proud, though. XD

However, even this was eclipsed by Fujimaru using the power of the harem protag EX, which delivered a super effective hit on Jaguarman. By then, I had to pause a few times to catch my breath from all the laughing I did. =P

Aside from the comedy moments, the introduction to Quetzalcoatl was enjoyable and no denying that she's going to be difficult to deal with. Also, for the second time, Fujimaru and Ishtar had a nice chat alone, although the addition of Fou jumping up and repeatedly tapping Ishtar's cheek was really cute, though. =3

Anyway, the battle against Quetzacoatl next time is going be tough, but I'm highly looking forward of it. =D
Dec 8, 2019 6:47 AM

May 2015
aguarman is so dumb.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 8, 2019 7:18 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Probably the worst episode yet. Nothing made sense and the humour was horrible.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Dec 8, 2019 7:59 AM

Sep 2018
Comedy in this anime feels like one from an average cartoon from nickelodeon, or cartoon network.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Dec 8, 2019 8:02 AM

Feb 2014
Does anyone have the gif to that Ishtar booty shake scene? That was kinda cute.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 8, 2019 10:21 AM

Jan 2009
dasprn said:

try requesting on /r/anime thread of this episode lol
Dec 8, 2019 11:53 AM

Sep 2010
chair-sama said:
Comedy in this anime feels like one from an average cartoon from nickelodeon, or cartoon network.

Nasu's humor is pretty awful.
Dec 8, 2019 5:35 PM

Nov 2015
"So you see, that's where the trouble began. That damned smile"

Katsura janai, Zura da

Dec 8, 2019 6:06 PM

Jul 2015
Well this was quite a weird and fun episode despite the huge mess from the previous episode. Quite a nice change of pace, and it's a kind of comedy I really enjoy.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 9, 2019 5:33 AM
Nov 2018
Incredible that some still don't know it's Jaguar Warrior, not Jaguar Man. As the Aztecs had Jaguar Warriors. Who would ideally be dressed as jaguars. And it's a woman, for those who didn't get that part, which was obvious from the very first episode she was in. Do you speed through the episodes at twice the speed? Looking at you, @Stark700, @Swagernator, @JuuzouXIII, @Yasuchan, @LeSponge, @lazypigz, @harukazuhito and @Meta_Yoshi.
Dec 9, 2019 5:35 AM

Aug 2009
Hegar said:
Incredible that some still don't know it's Jaguar Warrior, not Jaguar Man. As the Aztecs had Jaguar Warriors. Who would ideally be dressed as jaguars. And it's a woman, for those who didn't get that part, which was obvious from the very first episode she was in. Do you speed through the episodes at twice the speed? Looking at you, @Stark700, @Swagernator, @JuuzouXIII, @Yasuchan, @LeSponge, @lazypigz, @harukazuhito and @Meta_Yoshi.

The vessel is a woman but the heroic Spirit is a man so...
Dec 9, 2019 5:37 AM
Nov 2018
Hilarious meeting with Jaguar Warrior. If you look at Mash while it happens you catch a few extra details. Mash is the only one who looks at Jaguar Warrior when she is talking, and raises her hand to tell the others, but then doesn't.

When Jaguar Warrior has disappeared from view, Mash looks back at her, then looks up at the treetops, as we see leaves falling. After that Jaguar Warrior appears on the path again. She was traveling across the treetops so that they wouldn't see her, so she could mysteriously appear in front of them again as if out of nowhere.

I have been reading the summary of the episodes on Wikipedia, and I realize I have missed a few things here and there about the many characters. Have to go back and watch episodes 6 and 7 again. This is the drawback of watching one episode per week, I think. If I watched them all at once, the way I used to watch anime in the past, it would be easier to remember things.
Dec 9, 2019 5:40 AM
Nov 2018
ssjokg said:

So the Jaguar Warrior is a woman. And the name is Jaguar Warrior, not Jaguar Man, and always was.
Dec 9, 2019 5:58 AM

Aug 2017
That Gudao Charming Skill EX scene was GOLDEN
Visual Novels should have a place in this site, really
Dec 9, 2019 6:00 AM

Aug 2009
Hegar said:
ssjokg said:

So the Jaguar Warrior is a woman. And the name is Jaguar Warrior, not Jaguar Man, and always was.

It's Jaguar Man literally everywhere.

Directly from her japanese bio:
Height/Weight: 165cm・??kg
Source: Mythologies from all periods of Central and South America
Region: Central and South America
Alignment: Chaotic・Neutral
Alignment belongs to Jaguarman, not the possessed human.
Gender belongs to the possessed human.

Also, you can hear her and the others say Jaguar MAN.

Just because the NA team of FGO is incompetent at directly translating the game doesnt mean the original is wrong..

Also also, Jaguar Man is sort for Jaguar huMAN. Like we say World of Man, Mankind.

ssjokgDec 9, 2019 6:16 AM
Dec 9, 2019 6:14 AM

Feb 2014
@Hegar I watched the episode at normal speed, thank you very much. =/

And besides, like with what @ssjokg mentioned, me and the others calling her jaguar man ISN'T wrong at all. If you looked at her FGO bio a bit more closely, then you wouldn't be making the bad assumption that me and the others got her name wrong. Just saying...
Dec 9, 2019 6:16 AM

Aug 2014
If we want to really stretch that, she calls herself "jaguar no senshi" in a couple of occasions, so "Jaguar Warrior" could still be seen as a decent name, even considering the cultural influence (even tho the name is clearly Jaguarman).

That in no way means that "the name is Jaguar Warrior, not Jaguar Man, and always was", tho.
Especially if you have ears.
Dec 9, 2019 7:44 AM

Apr 2016
Hegar said:

See ? I proved you wrong with a single link.
https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Jaguar_Man
Dec 9, 2019 8:26 AM

Feb 2014
deg said:
dasprn said:

Is there a link to that?

Dec 9, 2019 9:15 AM

Mar 2016
Hegar said:
that only started when fgo na introduced her, she's been jaguarman since 2016
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Dec 9, 2019 11:04 AM

Jan 2009
dasprn said:
deg said:

Is there a link to that?

its been 2 days already you might not find much activity now there but here https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/e7g1fe/fategrand_order_zettai_majuu_sensen_babylonia/
Dec 9, 2019 11:46 AM
Dec 2019
I loved this chapter, it was very funny
Dec 9, 2019 12:26 PM

Jan 2009
well i got a lot of free time anyway so here @dasprn
if you want to learn how i done it here is a tutorial https://superuser.com/questions/556029/how-do-i-convert-a-video-to-gif-using-ffmpeg-with-reasonable-quality

Dec 9, 2019 4:42 PM

Feb 2014
deg said:
well i got a lot of free time anyway so here @dasprn
if you want to learn how i done it here is a tutorial https://superuser.com/questions/556029/how-do-i-convert-a-video-to-gif-using-ffmpeg-with-reasonable-quality

Well thanks a lot.

Dec 9, 2019 4:53 PM
Mar 2015
master does have a way about him First he won over Ishtar. Now Jaguar
Dec 9, 2019 10:27 PM

Jul 2016
Overall, not as great as the previous episode but still quite entertaining. So, it seems night talks with Eresh has become a common thing now and I couldn't be more happy about it. She's just too precious.

Now, on the other hand, I have to say I can't help but love Taiga a bit more every time she shows up. That Shirou reference was glorious and the way how she surrendered to Ritsuka's "charms" gave me a good laugh as well. Probably the closest thing I will ever get from a possible Taiga Route, by the way.

Anyways, good episode. Can't wait for the fight against Quetz!
SouthRzVaDec 9, 2019 10:32 PM
Dec 9, 2019 11:57 PM

Jul 2017
Hegar said:
You probably think that Bucciarati's Stand is actually called Zipper Man. Bet.

I thought you were going to argue that she refers to herself as Warrior of the Jaguar in her summon line in the game but her character name has been Jaguar Man for forever now. Go plug in her name in google translate for me buddy

lazypigzDec 10, 2019 12:09 AM

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Dec 10, 2019 4:13 AM

Apr 2009
There seems to be tendency for anime to treat the -man suffix as less of meaning 'male' and more like a naming convention for costumed superheroes type. See: Devilman Lady, Kinnikuman Lady.
Dec 10, 2019 11:38 AM

Jan 2009
@dasprn

i improved the booty yesterday so might as well share it here too

ffmpeg -ss 00:15:17.5 -to 00:15:20 -i input.mkv -vf "scale=-1:720,split[s0][s1];[s0]palettegen[p];[s1][p]paletteuse" output.gif
Dec 10, 2019 3:23 PM
Nov 2018
Best episode far. Story, comedy, booty, everything is splendid. Mc is such a smooth talker this time. Also, they said their famous fate's quote again in this ep. Xd
Gilgamesh is becoming more enthusiastic as his heroes numbers has increased.
And Ishtar is such a cutie goddess, can't help liking her more and more. :P

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Dec 11, 2019 7:07 AM

Feb 2014
deg said:
@dasprn

i improved the booty yesterday so might as well share it here too

ffmpeg -ss 00:15:17.5 -to 00:15:20 -i input.mkv -vf "scale=-1:720,split[s0][s1];[s0]palettegen[p];[s1][p]paletteuse" output.gif

This one's better.

Dec 11, 2019 10:14 AM

Aug 2009
Reichu- said:
I can't bring myself to enjoy the scenes with 'Jaguar Man'.
Everytime I see her I think 'not again' (I highly dislike the Character Design for some reasons...)
I'm not a FGO player so I can't associate. Spare me.

Can't wait for
reveal.

Quetzalcoatl seems to be a very interesting character. I'm lookin forward to next episode.

If we are lucky her design will get updated to this

Dec 11, 2019 1:53 PM

Sep 2010
Reichu- said:
Everytime I see her I think 'not again' (I highly dislike the Character Design for some reasons...)

I'm a FGO player and I think she ruined Babylonia in general. I just can't like Nasu's awful sense of humor.
Dec 11, 2019 1:56 PM

Mar 2016
Thess said:
Reichu- said:

I'm a FGO player and I think she ruined Babylonia in general. I just can't like Nasu's awful sense of humor.
nasu's humor is ok, he just can't do comic relief characters
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Dec 11, 2019 1:58 PM

Jan 2009
lol im fine with Jaguarman's comical character but i just wish her clothing is better or suited to the setting of Babylonia like who says a mascot suit is good on her
Dec 11, 2019 2:09 PM

Aug 2014
I like Nasu's humor (a lot), but Jaguarman in the game was a bit off-putting for me. It didn't ruin the chapter in general, but her scenes were... eh.

I feel this much less in the anime tho, I appreciate how small design changes and animation + character acting are making her "blend" a little more into the story, while still remaining nonsensical on her own.
Dec 12, 2019 12:15 AM

Sep 2010
Aure0lin said:

I disagree, he can do light-hearted characters: Merlin has this but he has substance and isn't completely off-putting. Jaguarman is so jarring that plummeted my the enjoyment of Babylonia by half specially toward the end. There's a reason why Taiga disappears from FSN story when it becomes more serious only to appear maybe at the end for a cameo, it seems that Nasu forgot his own writing.
Dec 12, 2019 11:41 AM

Mar 2016
Thess said:
Aure0lin said:

I disagree, he can do light-hearted characters: Merlin has this but he has substance and isn't completely off-putting. Jaguarman is so jarring that plummeted my the enjoyment of Babylonia by half specially toward the end. There's a reason why Taiga disappears from FSN story when it becomes more serious only to appear maybe at the end for a cameo, it seems that Nasu forgot his own writing.
yeah but comic relief exists primarily for the sake of lightening the tension. merlin is completely serious in camelot and still carries a role besides trying to make the audience laugh in babylonia. you could remove jaguarman from babylonia and nothing significant would change
Aure0linDec 12, 2019 2:42 PM
Dec 12, 2019 2:43 PM

Jul 2016
Hilarious episode, Kuku appears this episode. And Jaguarman is funny as ever and FATE meta jokes. To the next episode

Dec 12, 2019 7:04 PM

Aug 2019
god damn, Quetzalcoat changed moods faster then my math teacher in 9th grade. Went from 'yeh I casually gave 100 people a killing blow like it was a walk in the park and will do it again' to 'mc please have my kids'.
Also her ost is probably my favourite so far its so snappy and odd, fitting for her personality.
Bro the talk between MC and Ishtar hit hard especially when they showed ushi flashbacks ;-;
its only been 2 eps and i already miss her :c
ana's reactions are always priceless, whether or not shes happy or mad it always make me smile somehow
Dec 15, 2019 5:31 PM

Oct 2012
Horrible episode, all those lols really felt out of place and were undermining the atmosphere. New scenes with Taiga was as bad as her first appearance.

The only good part was probably short Fujimaru x notTohsaka conversation (that and the sentence Servants die when they are killed) but of course it had to be cockblocked by Fuu ffs... God forbid if there were any mature plot-elements like love triangle or envy in this show.

Also, Quetzalcoatl intro really felt only as showcase of a servant, FGO does that a lot. It all felt like they were on crazy fantasy journey rather than on the mission to save the humankind.

I'm not blaming the director here, it's more than obvious all of this was just fanservice from Nasu but it was painfully obvious this doesn't work in the anime (well, it's not like FGO story is anything close to good compared to the atmosphere of original FSN or FHA so... those novels had quite few laughs too but not in parts which were meant to be serious). Did they really acquired +1 ally by such cheap OOC trick? Times like these are really derailing this show as it basically tell us they are not taking it seriously. So why should we even care about those characters later on?
Dec 18, 2019 12:55 AM

Jul 2013
Jaguarman makes a comeback... meh she would be a whole lot better as a comic relief character if she wasn't so forced into the story. The reason why Taiga was a hit in Fate/Stay Night to begin with is because Nasu knew when to put and not put her into the scene. In Babylonia, she's integrated into the story and it becomes even more ridiculous when she turns into her
. Merlin is way better.

Jaguarman evade 2 times

I'm reminded again of my gripe at the characters' lack of reaction to Fou being a beast of disaster or Merlin's familiar. I really expected more ever since Fou got introduced as such. It's like they just made him purely into a cute mascot and a

Another problem I have will always be how Ishtar
because I'm sure things would have worked out a whole lot differently if she did.

Ah yes... the iconic "people die when they are killed" line

Although for all my complaints about Jaguarman's character, I'm not gonna lie the whole forest and recruitment scene did make me chuckle a bit lol. I remember feeling meh about it in the game but the anime made the scene better.

Mash yandere cockblock mode activated.

Also... THEY FUCKING SKIPPED ANA'S IMPORTANT DIALOGUES AGAIN. The part where she was worried about the gatekeeper was very important to her character.

They also skipped some Quetz scenes which shows her love for wrestling or lucha libre and how she's different from Gorgon because she does not fight out of hatred.
Dull_LullDec 18, 2019 1:17 AM
Dec 20, 2019 11:30 AM

Dec 2014
Lol Jaguer man was a servant lol...and a rouge at that...is she the spear....
Dec 21, 2019 10:28 PM

Aug 2015
Quetzalcoatl speaking Spanish...cries in Nahuatl
Dec 29, 2019 1:10 AM
Mar 2012
Somehow Gil's laughter warms my hartt...
Nice some Jaguarman shots animated on ones. That's a hilarious way to switch sides so fast. Everything's so lol this episode even Ishtar at night.
Kuku tho, fairly insane so far, but oddly vague quality of 'good' Ishtar warns.
Dec 29, 2019 3:01 PM
Aug 2017
Excellent episode as usual
Jan 11, 2020 12:14 PM

Nov 2016
Jaguar best girl for real.

And lmao, referencing the own franchise was gold.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 31, 2020 3:58 PM

Mar 2010
Mash the purest and fairest of them all. She should be a goddess.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 21, 2020 6:31 AM

Jul 2009
Cool that we finally get to see Quetzalcoatl. Her shark-ish expression sure is creepy!

Lol at Jaguar defecting that easily and becoming a clown. I remember when she pretty much wrecked the entire gang several episodes ago.
Mar 5, 2020 5:55 AM
Apr 2016
This show is getting ruined for me by Fujimaru, I literally want him dead and gone. He's a literal waste of space, the ultimate and final manifestation and embodiment of "boring"; whereas, he is treated as some divine hyper-cool character in spite of being what I said he is. Even Gilgamesh, the further in the show, the more out-of-character he is starting to act. Sorry, but in spite of the animation giving my eyes stupefying pleasure, sitting through this show is just a pain in the ass (this being a reference to literal "ass," because of you-know-what).
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» watch order

Strat2005 - May 17

9 by n7pidgey »»
May 20, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.