Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 19, 2019 12:34 PM

Jun 2015
Dayum bruh, I wonder how will they get out of this.
May 19, 2019 12:37 PM

Apr 2019
u know what was really well executed?

The part at the beginning where levi was unaware und suddenly rocks come flying, it was so well done, the suspense was fantastic in that moment, probably due to the BGM and the camera angles i suppose
You son of a .. turtle

May 19, 2019 12:38 PM
Oct 2018
Insane episode...best part was erwin's speech and the epic cavalry charge. RIP.
May 19, 2019 12:40 PM

Apr 2017
easily one of the best episodes of attack on titan so far. it was adapted beautifully and nearly had me in tears - next episode is sure to fuck me up. the manga got me good but seeing it animated is gonna hurt even more.

that cliffhanger tho.....funny enough that was the same cliffhanger as the manga, so we have yams to thank for that lmao.

next two episodes are gonna be
my heart ain't ready.
May 19, 2019 12:41 PM
Aug 2018
This anime has been excellent. Those that have dismissed it as a mainstream shounen, particularly season 1, are missing out.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
May 19, 2019 12:43 PM

Mar 2019
Really amazing episode this 2nd part of 3rd season is really speechless
Every episode make us fell like if we're together on fight
May 19, 2019 12:51 PM
Sep 2018
This episode is perfect. I love how wit animated Zeke throwing the rocks like he didn't give the squad time to think or decide what to do next. All of the squads are corncered. I love how Levi bent the knee to give Erwin an order and attempted a suicide plan and how Erwin gave the speech and agreed to Levi. Everything's perfect, I wish the next episode would come closer.
May 19, 2019 12:52 PM

Jul 2013
RIP Erwin, manly tears will be shed in your honor and in the one of the others who died in that suicide charge ;_;
May 19, 2019 1:01 PM

Jan 2019
Nim0174 said:
emilyandanime said:
JSKLDFJKD IM LITERALLY CRYING WHAT THE FFF.

IF ERWIN DIES NEXT EPISODE IM GONNA HAVE A MENTAL BREAKDOWN

he already died at the end of the episode lol didn't u see the rocks crushing him?

I mean like we didnt see them completely crush him, it hit him but idk ab entirely. Some people have told me spoilers so i thought he wasnt gonna die in this episode
May 19, 2019 1:02 PM

Nov 2016
AoT, my weekly dosis of adrenaline xD

I remember reading the chapter which was adapted here very well, especially the sense of terror and despair while facing the merciless bombardment from the Beast Titan. But Erwin started to turn the tides with his encouraging speech. Given the circumstances and the certain death that awaits everyone, that's not feat anyone could pull off. He proved once again what a charismatic leader he is and Daisuke Ono fucking nailed it as well.

Still having goosebumps...

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 2019 1:03 PM
Aug 2018
Great episode. At first I was like "Heyyy, it seems really convenient that Bestial Titan is just standing around insteal of attacking" but having a titan just throwing rocks and killing everything in sight is scary...

I honestly don't see how Eren can win...

Just as a side note :
Maybe it's just me but I don't remember there were some Titans so close to the wall just standing in a straight line ? (when they all appear, they are close to the colossal titan and I don't think there is much point to have titan near the wall when Colossal Titan is playing baseball with boulder). Seems a little too "convenient" but since this episode was great, ok, Levi, time to go hunting !

May 19, 2019 1:04 PM

Apr 2019
emilyandanime said:
Nim0174 said:

he already died at the end of the episode lol didn't u see the rocks crushing him?

I mean like we didnt see them completely crush him, it hit him but idk ab entirely. Some people have told me spoilers so i thought he wasnt gonna die in this episode

you have a point we will see i guess there might be some drama in the future
i just meant that this is the cause of death and weve seen it so for me he died in this episode even if he survives for a few minutes and dies because of that a bit later on
You son of a .. turtle

May 19, 2019 1:04 PM

Jan 2015
I'm speechless. What a fucking masterpiece of an anime.
May 19, 2019 1:05 PM
Apr 2016
Holy shit what an amazing episode, amazing animation and voice acting, one of the best of this anime, and Erwin is such a good character, having to wait a whole week for the next one just sucks.
May 19, 2019 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
Pure epicness, that's all that I can say. The ED song just made it even better too.

Edit: Connie's "Yeager" pun at the very beginning was so cringe it came full circle into being funny lol

JustMonakaMay 19, 2019 2:15 PM
May 19, 2019 1:12 PM

Jun 2016
OMG,THIS WAS AMAZING! I CAN'T EVEN TALK!!!!
IT's every thing i wanted from this episode, well polished, nicely animated, great effects and Compositing, amazing score by Sawano, anddddd of course really well paced and delivered, the Erwin scene that is, the dream one, and the counter attack one, both were amazing, And amazing voice acting work from Daisuke Ono as always!!!
May 19, 2019 1:13 PM

Sep 2014
Wow beast titan has some insane throws. Actually humans have by far the best throws of anything, guess beast titan is more human with fur than a monkey titan. Fuck he is a furry!!

Also Im not ready to see so many die again. Especially Erwin. He was the man. Kamina reborn.

I do wonder however why they didnt have any plan against the colossal titan this time. They specifically made the thunder spears for the armored titan, why did they not expect the colossal titan? I cant believe all of them are already dead. Especially Hange. Wasnt she supposed to become the next leader? She cant be dead yet!
They should make some OGM gear for Titan Eren. Imagine that.

I guess its gonna continue like this for a while. They still have to worry about the colossal titan after Levi kills the furry.

This whole season so far really should be a movie. Its action non stop. The weekly wait is killing me.
Whoever is going to binge watch this in the future will have a great time!

PS: Colossal Titan looked really good this episode. Luckily they used some 2d scenes. Also, was he always that huge? Isnt Eren supposed to be 15 meters? I thought Berthold was 50m, not like 200!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 19, 2019 1:15 PM

Sep 2016
So the requiem last season has foreshadowed this death battle I guess.
R.I.P. Erwin
May 19, 2019 1:17 PM

May 2012
Comander-07 said:

PS: Colossal Titan looked really good this episode. Luckily they used some 2d scenes. Also, was he always that huge? Isnt Eren supposed to be 15 meters? I thought Berthold was 50m, not like 200!

Berthold is 60 meter

May 19, 2019 1:28 PM

Oct 2017
Damn Erwin ....wut a great leader!
May 19, 2019 1:30 PM

Jul 2010
I watched the OVA: Kuinaki Sentaku for the first time after this episode. I think it is the best time to watch that OVA because you learn so much about Levi and Erwin's relationship. Also you will notice why, Erwin's death will be just another day for Levi.
May 19, 2019 1:35 PM

Feb 2016
Perfect episode. Easily one of the best episodes in the series.

Whatever it takes.
May 19, 2019 1:46 PM

Sep 2014
thepath said:
Comander-07 said:

Berthold is 60 meter

thx! Eren looked at lot smaller than him when he grabbed his foot. Not just 1/4th more like 1/10. Also the furry is only slightly bigger than Eren? I thought he would be more like 25-30 meters.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 19, 2019 1:48 PM

Feb 2018
I really wished they had ended the episode with Levi attacking the beast Titan, and didn't interrupt their charge, because that's my favorite scene by far.
May 19, 2019 1:51 PM

Nov 2017
Oh my god this episode was so powerful and great! I can't even put it into words, how much I like Erwin.

May 19, 2019 1:52 PM

Jun 2011
Erwin.. what a fantastic leader..
at the end he threw his dream for the sake of the slim chance of victory in this mission..
Seeing someone like Levi, trusting Erwin's "Extreme" decisions.. is actually an eye-opener..
What an Iconic figure! for the military outside the walls & for the humans inside the walls..
him falling will be a huge loss... but like he said in his speech:
"It's US who gives meaning to our comrade's lives! We die trusting the living who follow to find meaning in our lives!.."

Also props for Jean on his tries, leading his group against the Colossal.
May 19, 2019 1:53 PM
Mar 2018
Listening to Erwin's character song after watching this episode crushed me on an emotional level. :(
May 19, 2019 2:05 PM

Feb 2014
Bloody hell! If Erwin's last chance rallying speech to his comrades doesn't get anyone's blood pumping, then I don't what will, but that speech of his was just god-like!

A lot of their whole squad was just hitting a dead end, no matter what they tried. Most of the experienced squads outside the walls were obliterated instantly from the beast titan's crushed rock throws, whereas Eren was temporarily knocked out from getting kicked by the colossal titan. Same goes for Mikasa and the others where even their thunder spears were no match for the colossal titan's hot steam.

Speaking of which, the colossal titan's CGI scenes were a hit or miss for me. Some shots were well done, with others looking mediocre at best. However, there was some 2D drawing shots of the colossal titan that looked beautifully detailed and animated. nice! =3

But I still have to go back to Erwin and Levi and how they discussed what options they had left if they were going to try and pull a highly unlikely win out of the bag. The answer will cost most of their comrades their lives as a sacrificial move in order to give Levi the best chance to take down the beast titan.

That may also cost Erwin his life, too, since he sadly got hit by one of the rock fragments at the end. I really hope he's not fatally injured, but it's going to be up to the next episode to answer that question amongst others. I can't wait for it! ^_^
May 19, 2019 2:09 PM

Jul 2014
Goddamn, that Speech was GODLIKE, Erwin's voice actor is 10 OUT OF FUCKING 10, his voice even broke down from screaming what a fucking god.
May 19, 2019 2:11 PM

Sep 2018
Holy Shit, that speech was epic.
I'd follow Erwin to my death after that.
May 19, 2019 2:11 PM

Sep 2014
Some good stuff. We are getting closer to the truth with each episode now
May 19, 2019 2:18 PM
Jan 2019
Rukodaime91 said:
Great episode. At first I was like "Heyyy, it seems really convenient that Bestial Titan is just standing around insteal of attacking" but having a titan just throwing rocks and killing everything in sight is scary...

I honestly don't see how Eren can win...

Just as a side note :
Maybe it's just me but I don't remember there were some Titans so close to the wall just standing in a straight line ? (when they all appear, they are close to the colossal titan and I don't think there is much point to have titan near the wall when Colossal Titan is playing baseball with boulder). Seems a little too "convenient" but since this episode was great, ok, Levi, time to go hunting !

these titans appeared with the beast titan in the first episode from his both sides... and basically making half a circle from the beast to the walls... he doesnt want anyone to escape under his nose does he 😉
If u speak about the colossal.. he is in the other side of the wall bro... in shiganshina district. .. remember the view we've been given when erwin was standing on the wall
AkahiroMay 19, 2019 2:21 PM
May 19, 2019 2:26 PM
Feb 2019
Throw your soldiers into positions whence there is no escape
And they will prefer death to flight
If they will face death
There is nothing they may not achieve
Officers and men alike
Will put forth their uttermost strength

-San Tzu
May 19, 2019 2:31 PM

Jan 2013
Is there even any hope for them? Another episode that leaves me hopeless... :/
It was a fantastic episode! Sad and very dramatic at the same time, i hope at least some of them will survive.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 19, 2019 2:34 PM

Jun 2017
Battle of Berlin in a nutshell
May 19, 2019 2:37 PM
Oct 2017
I've been preparing myself for this episode for a long time (I follow the manga) but it still tug away at my heart strings and I shed a tear, it's just too tragic to see all these kids marching to their death, it didn't truly hit me until even Levi said "I'm sorry".
May 19, 2019 2:39 PM
Jul 2017
This episode made me want to run outside, find some huge hairy dude, and say: "Throw rocks at me while I charge you!"

("...don't worry, I know I'll die...")
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
May 19, 2019 2:40 PM

Jun 2015
The CGI Titan looks so bad its not funny anymore. And you also see him so often.
May 19, 2019 2:40 PM

Jun 2017
spoiler-free:

I remember this moment in the manga years ago with my friends and I making theories about what was going to happen next...ahh...so happy and innocent times then...
"Gradually Watermelon"
May 19, 2019 2:47 PM

Mar 2017
That was a hella emotional episode. I cannot imagine the terror you'd feel knowing that no matter what happens you're going to die... the only choice you get is HOW you die.

I kinda worked out from the Op that Erwin wasn't gonna make it this season when he was pictured with the dead scouts behind him. He's such a fantastic character though; so honest and level headed and strong enough to make some hellish decisions.
May 19, 2019 2:48 PM

May 2015
Such a good episode I'm so glad Attack on Titan is returning to season 1 levels of good with just epic action and AMAZING speeches by Erwin.

This episode was particularly dark with the red everywhere and the screams. Really shows how horrifying this series can get.

So looking forward to see what's next.

P.S that soundtrack is SOOOO good I'm so glad they brought it back.
DarknessRealityMay 19, 2019 2:51 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 19, 2019 2:50 PM
Apr 2016
Rather please let Erwin see what's in the basement. Can not remember when was the last time a character had such a dream.
austinhoylee938 said:
Am I the only one rooting for the Colossal Titan, Beast Titan and Armoured Titan to kill the main characters? I seriously hate Eren and Mikasa, their deaths cannot come soon enough..

There are probably other people with mental and moral deviations about following villains (Like Garou, but real), but the rate is so miniscule you can say yes, you are the only one. Thankfully.
Daniel_NaumovMay 19, 2019 2:54 PM
Re:formed
May 19, 2019 2:55 PM
Jul 2017
ProofByColor said:

No idea what they are gonna do inside the walls. I guess Armin will come up with something.

I haven't read the manga, so I don't know, but I was thinking some combination of:
- thunder sticks to the colossal titan's kneecaps, then attrition attacks until it's out of steam
- send Mikasa to rescue Eren and retreat along the wall top in human form
- find something incendiary in the ruins to use on the armored titan
- have people scatter among the ruins and hide until it's over
- send someone to that frickin' basement, already.
none of these are good options, of course.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
May 19, 2019 2:56 PM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
The CGI was indeed very poor in this episode, but I can stand it. This is truly the best ark.
May 19, 2019 3:04 PM

Apr 2014
Gosh, what the hell. Feeling very desperate and hopeless right now.
May 19, 2019 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
Can I just say that that 2D Colossal Titan looks fucking incredible. CGI kinda sucks. Think they're gonna have to stay away from CGI next episode. The only thing bad in this entire season has been the CGI colossal Titan lol.
May 19, 2019 3:16 PM

Mar 2016
And again, Erwin proves he is the true hero. I will really miss him.

The boulders looked quite ugly. I am okay with 3d graphics, but I think they should not add such detailed textures to the models that should be blending in with the 2d graphics. I have the same problem with the colossal titan.

I was wondering if the anime would show Isabelle and Farlan a little bit more than the manga did, but it didn't. Guess it makes sense not to treat them better than the other soldiers.

I didn't think they'd actually put the titan version of Armin's seiyuu. Haha. I wonder how she feels getting killed by Levi.
May 19, 2019 3:31 PM
May 2016
That was such a fantastic episode, holy shit. I loved everything about it. I'm glad my prediction before that the Colossal was going to be done in 2D for the more upclose shots was correct, that entire first half built its tension marvelously.
But fuck... Erwin, god, I knew it was coming, but that entire second half was phenomenal. What a legendary character, that final speech was absolutely glorious.
May 19, 2019 3:36 PM

Jan 2016
Masterpiece is a word reserved for seasons like this.

This season and if they can nail the last arc of AOT. I used to think that it was overrated at first but this arc and the last are mind-blowing.
May 19, 2019 3:36 PM
Oct 2018
After this episode , nobody should hate aot , there is no simple reason to do such a mindless thing , I am so glad that aot will definitely be the aoty
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by ABUCCHIA »»
Jun 1, 8:26 AM

» Question for the attack on titan fans

Mooogle - May 11

25 by Angel_crush1 »»
May 14, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

736 by wibugar »»
May 9, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Apr 25, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.