Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 14, 2019 2:45 PM

Dec 2018
It is still kind of unprepossessing in the whole, but a bit less then previous episodes i ques

Some characters look weird deformed and are unappealing for the eye. Some may look decent , In the whole its a inconsistent mishmash when it comes to the animation department . Even if it have improved itself a tiny fraction from previous episodes , its still very low quality overall, or decent at best

The colours are noting to root for either ,dark brown grey dirty and blending together in a disgusting mix. This anime have some interesting characters ,but because it is a unholy abomination and sure looks like one!!,,,its kind of hard to love!!

The tournament it self is also a big let down.Boring slow and they talk more then fight and skipping most of the fights!!!!,,,,,, Fights i like to see!!! Its the worst tournament i have ever seen in anime!!! And when a so called "action" anime cant even handle a tournament right, you know something is horrible wrong with it!!!

My girls pillow fights tournaments in "Love Live!" are more entertaining!! They have a better flow, are way superior when it comes to the visual effects , much more exciting. And the action are a million time more impressive compared to this horrendous joke to an eyesore atrocity!! My cute schoolgirls outguns you!!!!! You should be ashamed of yourself!! You are one of the most pathetic and repugnant media of this millennium!!

I want Garou back!! Kick some ass save some ladies!! Kill some annoying heroes! He was fun and i kind of enjoyed it when he creates chaos and wreaks havoc! Now you are just boring and ugly. 2/10 I'm not impressed by your performance!! Better your self to next week!!

Yuri-CrusaderMay 17, 2019 4:18 AM
May 14, 2019 2:55 PM

Jul 2014
Ok this was better, sure, it still has the same problems as always but not at a level that takes away my enjoyment like the last episode.

I'm glad Tatsumaki's back, I like that sassy loli.

Suiryu seeks to be the strongest to live life easily... sure, why not? Though, of course it is selfish for someone so strong to not move a finger in a world full of monsters.

It was hilarious how while Suiryu was talking about the strongest and showed Tatsumaki and Garou all serious, Saitama was just sitting there on the toilet.

Having seen what S-Class heroes are capable of, I' m looking forward to see what the dog man can do against Garou.
May 14, 2019 2:56 PM
Mar 2015
redwhitenblue said:
For those who only watch the anime and don't know japanese, at 18:21 the bodies against the building spell ashidematoi, which is a japanese expression referring to someone who is a burden or hindrance and holds you back.

I was wondering what the 3rd and 4th characters were supposed to be. I also thought the last 2 characters are katakana.

iirc the literal translation would be along the lines of "hands tied to feet". Certain other languages have a very similar expression for someone who is dead weight.
May 14, 2019 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
I wish I was cool enough to hate good anime, unfortunately I love it. This episode was the tits, and I am really enjoying the views of the other characters. They were dangled in front of us first season, and we are really getting to know their goings-ons now. I love that big reveal of the head of the monster organization post credits, I can't wait till next week♪♫! ♪♫ HEEEROOOOO ♪♫♪♫
May 14, 2019 3:05 PM

Nov 2013
I don't know why people hate it, as an anime-only and someone who don't give a shit about art, I really enjoy this season..
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
May 14, 2019 3:08 PM

Jan 2017
I felt like the pacing has been weird so far, especially since like, ep 4 maybe? So I went to check and in six episodes they apparently already blew through 30 chapters? It's like they are going for that tokyo ghoul speedrun. And sure maybe since there is fighting more chapters can be adapted, but I still feel like some depth to all of it is missing. Also, comparing with season 1 that whole season adapted just around 35 chapters so... even with fighting present the adaptation still could be slower.
May 14, 2019 3:10 PM

Jan 2017
Hoped to get into the first page for an increase in response likelihood. Meh.

Anyone notice this, I haven't studied my Japanese is so long but this is clearly hiragana... I'm now wondering what it's supposed to mean. Can anyone help?

Nonetheless, this was a great episode, the suspense around character had been conveyed pretty nicely so I cant wait for next week... Genos was taken out. Oof. The threats are getting even bigger, now it's just waiting to see how saitama develops even further -in the form of martial arts, 'cause, even though the one punch gag is great, I feel as though it can wear out.
May 14, 2019 3:12 PM

Apr 2013
The Dog is about to get trouble with Garou having arrived
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
May 14, 2019 3:24 PM

Jan 2018
This episode was better than the last one.

Tatsumaki is back uwu
May 14, 2019 3:43 PM

Feb 2013
Suiryu could be an A class hero without any problem, maybe even a S.
May 14, 2019 4:44 PM

Oct 2015
In all honesty I'm just interested in the tournament and hope those monsters don't interfere with it, like Genos. Too bad he got beaten as always.

I want to see a Suiryu vs Charanko fight so badly. Suiryu is so arrogant AF.

Overall the pacing was just off.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 14, 2019 5:07 PM
Apr 2019
Episode 3/5, it was quite boring despite having good animation cuts and other bad choices on the part of the direction.
May 14, 2019 5:31 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty decent episode.

I kinda stopped around here when reading the manga, for some reason I couldn't get into the whole tournament thing and the random cuts to various battles make the story seem like it's going all over the place and I lost interest. Hopefully it'll get better.

Fubuki and Tatsumaki. <3
May 14, 2019 6:29 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode. Though I kinda don't remember Tatsumako making that face when she pushed Fubuki's lackey on the building.

Seems they are rushing things, then again the manga spend so much time on this tournament. It took awhile to actually move on from this arc.

Heck, by the end of the series, won't be surprised if there's only few chapters left until we catch up with the manga.
May 14, 2019 6:34 PM

May 2013
I don't see any problem with the animation quality good job JC staff thanks for letting us have season 2

I've already read the manga but I still hate the fact that Genos keeps getting beaten and why did he even struggle against the cockroach guy. Genos deserves better
May 14, 2019 6:47 PM
Feb 2012
lol this is rough to sit through and i've seen sludge like my sister my writer
May 14, 2019 7:03 PM

Sep 2017
Just okay. Not good, not really terrible either. The animation in this episode was horrendous but at least we got Tatsumaki back, I guess. The jokes were fine, as per usual. Hopefully, they have some of the budget actually stored somewhere for the fights to come, because I really don't want Tank Top Master to be the only one who got a decent fight.
May 14, 2019 7:29 PM
Dec 2018
Better than the last episode. This episode is good and the animation quality, the color plate has improved a bit(except Genos's color). Nice action sequences, but sadly, they skipped many action panels from manga. Still, episode 5 was trash. I hope they will fix the whole season 2 in the DVD release.
I_HateBadEndingsMay 14, 2019 8:09 PM
May 14, 2019 7:34 PM

Apr 2011
I'm sad ;_; so many interesting battles were skipped... This episode was so fast paced it could ocuppy 4 episodes easy... *sigh*
May 14, 2019 7:55 PM
Jan 2016
Good episode!

Saitama bored of hearing Bakuzan and just kicked him, badass, i love how Saitama just ignores other!

Geno's fights were pretty coll, too sad he got defeated!

Its nice to see Tatsumaki, how cut eof her went for rescure Fubuki, and she just attacked everyone, so funny!
May 14, 2019 9:28 PM

Nov 2016
I haven’t cared much or even complained about the animation yet, but this episode was the worst yet. Multiple 5FPS fight scenes that weren’t even fights. Really frustrating on an anime where you wanna see beautiful, well delivered fighting scenes.
May 14, 2019 9:28 PM

Jul 2016
Wow, the guy from the first comment sure is a committed hater...

Anyways, as a whole, this episode was better than the previous one but it still wasn't that outstanding either. The Fubuki vs. sadistic girl fight was underwhelming but at least, Genos vs. cockroach dude looked pretty decent.

And also, maybe it was just me but I remember the relationship between Fubuki and Tatsumaki to be more... tense, at least from Fubuki's side but whatever.

Overall, the episode wasn't as entertaining as others but with that ending I hope things light up a bit in the next episodes.
May 14, 2019 9:32 PM

Apr 2014
Kougeru said:
I'm confused. They were calling Tatsumaki "imouto" for a few lines and the suddenly she was "ane". It wasn't a subtitle issue, they said those words. Was the succubus just mistaken and thought Tatsumaki was younger cuz she's pettanko?

One of the running jokes of the series is that everybody thinks Tatsumaki is Fubuki's younger sister, when she's actually her older sister.
May 14, 2019 9:38 PM
Mar 2019
very boring episode, this program starts to turn into a garbage event, bad story bad action battle, is this what we get after a long wait of 5 years, this is just a damn, manga is the best, bullshit even far from the animated junk level, I don't think I need ordering a dvd bluray, because this is just money-making bullshit, why is the event at a score of 8.00 wouldn't it make much sense, it makes more sense if this series is rated at 6.00, I think the scoring system in the mall is very bad and unfair, I think the studio should stop this program soon because the manga is far more beautiful
LightoLhxd4May 14, 2019 9:46 PM
May 14, 2019 10:04 PM
Mar 2019
Minaja said:
i cant believe Kenja no Mago is better than this
yes this program is really stupid especially in the fubuki part the battle feels bored, the camera also moves a lot very badly
May 14, 2019 10:16 PM

Oct 2014
While the animation or fight choreography, atleast the story is very well written.

That cliffhanger at the end. Awesome episode as usual!
May 14, 2019 10:33 PM

May 2015
The world is falling apart and all Saitama is doing is taking a dump lol
Tatsumaki deserves more screen time <3
May 14, 2019 11:12 PM

Jun 2015
Finally, an episode where Garo's name didn't come up.

Also, I don't really look into animation quality. But I felt at some points the animation was really bad and cringy.
May 14, 2019 11:26 PM
Nov 2016
This episode wasn't that bad but the pacing is still all over the place.

I still hate the shitty sound fx and those goddamned blurry shaky cameras. Fuck.
May 14, 2019 11:43 PM

Feb 2015
The tournament is so boring. It's just talking and skipping every fight. Super letdown.
May 15, 2019 1:18 AM

Feb 2014
Fucking hell, this is probably the worst episode yet. Horrible directing and pacing. The entire episode is just filled with characters babbling inner monologues and expositions. It's like I'm literally reading a manga, a shitty one at that.
"She's coming" "Explosions!" "Something's coming nearer" "something terrible"
Bitch, I can see it. How about letting the visuals do the talking, instead of explaining every single thing?
May 15, 2019 2:20 AM
May 2017
If I have to rank this episode start from shitty to actually decent, I would put it somewhere in the middle.

The animation was....once again the highest quality from J.C staff standard.

The stock footage from the first season when they put in the episode it somehow looks hundred time better than the entire episode.
May 15, 2019 2:26 AM

Jul 2016
I_HateBadEndings said:
Still, episode 5 was trash. I hope they will fix the whole season 2 in the DVD release.

Trust me, they won't gonna fix the issues for the BD/DVD releases and even if they do, they will "fix" the other okay-ish to decent-ish scenes instead of the obvious bad frames. This was happened to both Toaru Majutsu no Index III and Date a Live III BD/DVD, where every okay-ish and decent-ish scenes was fixed while most of the badly drawn scenes keep remain untouched.
May 15, 2019 2:28 AM

Jan 2009
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
I_HateBadEndings said:
Still, episode 5 was trash. I hope they will fix the whole season 2 in the DVD release.

Trust me, they won't gonna fix the issues for the BD/DVD releases and even if they do, they will "fix" the other okay-ish to decent-ish scenes instead of the obvious bad frames. This was happened to both Toaru Majutsu no Index III and Date a Live III BD/DVD, where every okay-ish and decent-ish scenes was fixed while most of the badly drawn scenes keep remain untouched.

lol thats depressing to know
May 15, 2019 2:39 AM

Jul 2016
deg said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Lol take a look at this for example, this one is considered as one of the most badly drawn episodes in the entire Index III anime and yet they do little to no fix for the BD/DVD: https://slowpics.org/comparison/496a08ca-9572-4064-875a-2519313d5b09
May 15, 2019 2:42 AM

Jan 2009
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
deg said:

Lol take a look at this for example, this one is considered as one of the most badly drawn episodes in the entire Index III anime and yet they do little to no fix for the BD/DVD: https://slowpics.org/comparison/496a08ca-9572-4064-875a-2519313d5b09

yep i did not see any noticeable difference there

at this point i rather watch 3DCG anime at least you will not see bad frames with those lol
May 15, 2019 2:54 AM

Jul 2016
deg said:
at this point i rather watch 3DCG anime at least you will not see bad frames with those lol

But then you will have to suffers on the badly-done models (Well, if those exists) when you watch CGI anime lol.
May 15, 2019 3:03 AM

Jan 2009
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
deg said:

But then you will have to suffers on the badly-done models (Well, if those exists) when you watch CGI anime lol.

yep thats true but as long as SANZIGEN or Orange studio does those 3DCG im fine lol those 2 studios distort the 3D models a lot to look like anime drawn style

EDIT:

found an article that you may find interesting https://www.pixivision.net/en/a/3122 some quotes from it

sometimes we need to disintegrate a character in order to come up with a good animation.
Wait, what do you mean by "disintegrate!?
Uetaka:
Well, for example, take this expression (left picture). It's a very natural pose for an anime, but if you take the front view of the same character you get something completely different and unnatural (right picture).

degMay 15, 2019 3:07 AM
May 15, 2019 3:05 AM

Aug 2018
Actually, the fact the recent episodes keep switching between monsters vs heroes fights & martial arts tournaments rounds is a bit irritating, I'd like to see more of both but at this stage, it will take weeks to finally arrive to a conclusion.

Well at least it's moving forward, the tournament advances & monsters seem to be taking a lead.
May 15, 2019 3:34 AM

May 2012
Entertaining episode. I love to see more from Tatsumako

May 15, 2019 3:54 AM
Oct 2018
The best episode (in terms of animation and pacing for me) so far... =_=
May 15, 2019 4:24 AM

Jan 2014
Really boring shit show so far, so many character i couldn't care less about and barely anything entertaining about watching this and on top of it all the animation is lacking, so far it's just fast forwarding threw the episodes and confirm once again yep this isn't getting any better! 5/10
May 15, 2019 4:25 AM
Mar 2019
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
I_HateBadEndings said:

yes it's impossible so you don't have to spend your money to buy bluray because it's just a fucking sucker
May 15, 2019 4:32 AM
Mar 2019
Otorez said:
Actually, the fact the recent episodes keep switching between monsters vs heroes fights & martial arts tournaments rounds is a bit irritating, I'd like to see more of both but at this stage, it will take weeks to finally arrive to a conclusion.

Well at least it's moving forward, the tournament advances & monsters seem to be taking a lead.
apart from the arc around the tournament which is endless, they failed to execute music in every battle scene, the camera moved too fast, the sound quality was low, some frames of the manga were removed by them, damn animation so lazy that's why I said this show is fucking rubbish , JC staff never cared about the quality of the animation they did was only milking money from a popular series and then destroying it at the end like a junk item
May 15, 2019 4:55 AM

Apr 2009
This was painful to me outside of a few moments. I don't want to say it but damn its eating away at me the last 2 episodes.
May 15, 2019 5:05 AM

Jul 2016
Dredd said:
This was painful to me outside of a few moments. I don't want to say it but damn its eating away at me the last 2 episodes.

Why? It has been as expected I would have thought.
May 15, 2019 5:28 AM
Mar 2019
Vindicater said:
Dredd said:

Why? It has been as expected I would have thought.
please calm down, now the animators are exhausted and fainted, they have handled consecutive actions for up to 6 episodes, and then it will be ensured the quality will be far worse and decrease from the current episode
May 15, 2019 6:16 AM
Aug 2018
the explosions would've looked million times better if they had the appropriate sound effects. come on JC Staff Animation is understandable but Sound Designing is an easy job
May 15, 2019 6:29 AM
Mar 2018
It had some good moments, but otherwise, it was pretty bad.
May 15, 2019 7:29 AM

Nov 2017
Finally no Garou for once. The tournament scenes were pretty fun and satisfying. Genos doing some work around the arena and a giant monster boss is chillin underground.

plz @ me
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:49 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

201 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 11:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

187 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 11:30 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2019

236 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.