Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 30, 2019 2:22 PM
Jul 2014
Everyone complaining the very little Saitama screentime will complain even more. This season has a fair amount, but later in the manga he just disappears for tens of chapters.
Garou is my favorite charater in the series, and I love how he's the shonen protagonist of this series, in an inversed perspective. But the title is still One Punch Man and not Everyone Else Except One Punch Man.
Actually the CG Centipede looked the best and some backgrounds here and there. Characters looked the worst in this episode, especially my boi Garou, and Metal Bat was half as badass looking as in the manga. That sushi cut was actually the best animation so far, no blurry effect that makes it unseeable, like the action scenes. The Saitama stuff just bores me because of the dull presentation and Saitama VA's line delivery.
I'm very interested to see how they will adapt the next fight which is one, if not my favorite in the series. So if they fuck it up it will lower the score badly, but if somehow they nail it, it might toss the score a little bit up.
In cases I think tho that even Pierrot would do a better job.
Apr 30, 2019 2:27 PM
Oct 2015
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Already the 3rd episode in a row where there's almost no Saitama at all. This second season should've been called "Dudes no one heard and cares about".
there isnt much saitama in this part of story ...more like side character
Apr 30, 2019 2:28 PM
Nov 2018
kater_tot said:
I feel like this season really isn't that great... so far i'm disappointed. We've hardly seen Genos and Saitama at all. No where near the same level as season 1

How is not seeing genos enough a legitment critism, literally last ep was about him. And not seeing saitama they did the same last season, and a had worse superheros to fight the big bad for tension.
Not seeing saitama is world building, and also setting up the plot for next ep
Apr 30, 2019 2:33 PM
Sep 2017
i agree with most of the comments this episode was pretty disappointing .
Apr 30, 2019 2:48 PM

Nov 2017
Nice episode. Looks like Saitama still doesn’t take the spotlights these episodes. It’s all about Garo and a random class S hero. I do like metal bat though, seems cool. Hopefully next episodes centers around the tournament Saitama is fighting in. Looking forward to it!

plz @ me
Apr 30, 2019 2:57 PM

Dec 2015
It's kinda annoying, but I guess they're gonna keep jumping back and forth between Garou and Saitama.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 30, 2019 2:59 PM

Jun 2013
after complaining about art and animation, people feel the need to complain about the sound now
what are you gonna complain about next? that it should have aired on fridays?
Apr 30, 2019 3:03 PM

Nov 2018
I was kind of hoping to see the tournament this episode considering he was waiting in the room at the beginning of the episode.

The episode was alright, but I want to see that tournament!
Apr 30, 2019 3:06 PM

Feb 2013
Metal Bat is super cool.
Apr 30, 2019 3:17 PM

Feb 2019
the animation was not bad, but in terms of designs and direction of anime art is really lazy, just compare

Jc staff It's one of the most boring studio I've seen for a long time.
Apr 30, 2019 3:31 PM

Aug 2016
Well, looks better but I still feel a meh reaction.
Apr 30, 2019 3:35 PM
Nov 2016
tywhoppity said:
Too much needless talk interspersed with short bits of action. Who cares what Charanko and mumen Rider thinks about Saitama?

That wasn't in the manga at all. That was just filler to make the episode the full time.
Apr 30, 2019 3:41 PM

Apr 2013
this episode felt somewhat off, liked the last one better
need more Garou
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Apr 30, 2019 4:03 PM
Oct 2017
The CGI looks fantastic, this is pretty much how CGI should be composited in most shows
Apr 30, 2019 4:12 PM

Apr 2010
When you expect to finally see Saitama at the tournament, or at least some interesting fights, here we come with another half episode of this fucking GARO and his boring story, and the other half featuring a fight with the baseball bat guy that nobody cares of.

Lovely.
Apr 30, 2019 4:43 PM

Aug 2018
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Already the 3rd episode in a row where there's almost no Saitama at all. This second season should've been called "Dudes no one heard and cares about".
ITT: People who don't understand the show.

Saitama is the punchline. Of course they're not focusing on him.
Apr 30, 2019 4:50 PM

Oct 2015
Funny enough I just can't hate Garo, he seems nicer than what he let's on. I also dig Metal bat and damn I was surprised he could stand up after that blow, strong guy and expected from an S class hero. He sure is weak against his sister, which was hilarious BTw.

I was more anxious about the tournament than anything else, I hope Saitama does fight Sourface in it.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 30, 2019 5:35 PM
Apr 2019
the episode just like the previous one had good moments and bad moments, in general it was medium
Apr 30, 2019 5:37 PM

Jun 2013
Another episode and again my biggest gripe with it is the animation. Also I hope nothing bad happens to Metal Bat.
Apr 30, 2019 5:41 PM
Apr 2019
on the cgi I did not like it, for me it was not different from what I already saw in the other animes and I want to see when it is used in atack on titan if the opinion of many will be the same
Apr 30, 2019 5:42 PM

Aug 2018
Good episode, it was appreciable to discover another S Class we quickly met during the first season. But I gotta agree on the fact the sound was not at its best level. The sort of machinegun rounds to replace the bat hits... meh I've seen much more epic way of impressing a viewer.

Apr 30, 2019 5:45 PM
Dec 2017
Yeah... honestly, I get more exited for isekai quartet on Tuesdays now lmao
Apr 30, 2019 5:55 PM

Feb 2013
LukaPochi said:
When you expect to finally see Saitama at the tournament, or at least some interesting fights, here we come with another half episode of this fucking GARO and his boring story, and the other half featuring a fight with the baseball bat guy that nobody cares of.

Lovely.
garou is a better character than saitama and most manga readers will tell you that
Apr 30, 2019 6:20 PM

Jul 2009
Great!! Metal Bat vs Garo. Surprised they revealed Garo's backstory so easily. It'll be interesting to see how long will they animate the tournament arc. It should easily be done in just 3-4 episodes.
Apr 30, 2019 6:22 PM

Sep 2018
Boring episode and disappointed.
I keep moving forward
Apr 30, 2019 6:26 PM

Sep 2018
Shit load of stills once again. I guess there was no animation at all in the first five minutes. The CGI was decent but looked a bit out of place. Last week's ep was better. Let's just hope we get animation in next week's fights(?).
Apr 30, 2019 6:47 PM

Aug 2018
Quality goes down with every episode.

The only good thing was Watchdog Man.
Apr 30, 2019 6:49 PM

Jun 2015
I'm here for the salt,
And I'm sure you're too, my friend..

Metal Bat sure is cool though.
Apr 30, 2019 7:22 PM

May 2015
Definitely not as good as episode 3. They're using more of that blurring effect shit like in episode 2 instead actually animating the individual blows and movements. But, I will say, the CGI wasn't half bad. It's not amazing or anything, but it could have looked WAY worse. I'm just hoping that they don't fuck up Garo vs Metal Bat because I really enjoyed that fight in the manga.

Apr 30, 2019 7:50 PM

Jan 2011
hey that's some pretty good CGI wonder if it's some new tech at JC it's not that noticeable now if only every use of it look liked this we'd be one step closer to the arc system black magic

episode and this arc is still ehhh... it's a thing this is were i fell off completely in the manga or the chapter after this
Apr 30, 2019 8:01 PM

Sep 2017
This episode felt slower paced than normal OPM. Fight was decent. The damn dimmer for seizure prevention or whatever can be a bit much. We also had giant cgi centipedes which looked okay. I really figured we'd be doing the martial arts thing this ep, but looks like that will happen after the metal bat fight with Garou. Well I'm hopefully that will look good.
Apr 30, 2019 8:17 PM
Sep 2017
IDK, I was in denial up till this episode, I thought "the comedy and parody are what matters! why does anyone care about the animation?" but this episode reminded me, OPM is, in the end, an action series, it might have a lot of comedy but it's not always there, this episode is an example of that. Also, I have to point out, this episode was a prime opportunity to bring the fight choreography up a notch, Metal Bat has very awesome fight scenes, there was a bunch of possible Sakuga moments in this episodes but J.C Staff clearly doesn't care, they gave him almost the blandest possible fight animation. I can almost see how awesome Madhouse could have made it. The episode overall was still enjoyable, but still a big disappointment.
Apr 30, 2019 8:36 PM

Jul 2016
OK episode, not as entertaining as the previous one but still enjoyable.

The centipede being in CGI was to be expected but it actually didn't look neither odd nor bad and it fitted well with the overall aesthetic of the show.

Really looking forward to Garou vs. Metal Bat!
Apr 30, 2019 9:46 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode.

Metal Bat's fight sequences were quite nice.
Hilarious how King rejected the association's plea for help. XD
Apr 30, 2019 10:17 PM

Mar 2019
Well, that was incredibly underwhelming... A disappointment compared to what I fantasized this fight looking like before we ever got our first look at the anime. I got my hopes up after last episode's Tank top master vs Garou fight. And some of the character designs in this episode, metal bat, garou and the snobby rich kid looked kinda off.
Apr 30, 2019 10:28 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Metal can't catch a break. It's one monster after another.

Saitama sweating was hilarious.

Ending was hype!
Apr 30, 2019 11:09 PM

Aug 2017
the animation is getting worse,I think I will give up on watching this after the next episode

Also:

MucosaApr 30, 2019 11:13 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2019 11:11 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
TsukuyomiREKT said:
They're using more of that blurring effect shit like in episode 2 instead actually animating the individual blows and movements.
That blur effect is used for TV censorship against effects that can cause epileptic seizure (ever since that Pokemon Porygon incident). TV Tokyo's guidelines are listed here. Stuff like this will most likely be removed from the blu-ray releases. There's other shows that get affected by this guideline, including stuff like JoJo (which also has them removed from their blu-rays). There are other shows that dim the visuals instead, like MHA or the Fate stuff made by ufotable.
Apr 30, 2019 11:29 PM

May 2015
Villains have ambitions too!

Oh yeah! King too busy in a battle to be a bodyguard!

These guys have never eaten in a sushi bar before? You gotta keep the plates with you to tally the cost!

Watchdog Man! Based on Hachiko of course...

Bat Man just doesn't go down. And now he has to deal with Garo.

Hmm, so what do I say here...
"The animation has not improved one bit! Did you see the fight with Centikohai and Centisenpai? So much shaky cam! And speaking of Centikohai, Centisenpai, and Centichoro, eww CGI! It looks terrible! The CGI ruined everything! I can't watch this anymore!"
Apr 30, 2019 11:48 PM

Mar 2014
this arc is less interesting as well as manga that the only worthy thing is the art.
May 1, 2019 1:29 AM

Mar 2017
Really fun episode and it actually didn't look bad specially the cgi centipede.
we got some Metal Bat action which was nice and also some Garo backstory.
this episode had better pacing than the previous ones, if they keep it up we can end up getting an awesome season.
May 1, 2019 1:49 AM
Jan 2017
the fisrt episode i think the grapich is horible than madhoude make,, and some comedy effect has dissable in this J>C staff studio and character desaignt making very different from precious season,,
but after watching episode 3 the fight was good,, using CGI effect,, and Metal bat style not bad too,
May 1, 2019 2:00 AM

Mar 2017
Barely anything happened during this episode, really. Sure, Metal Bat is cool, but it felt so dragged out that it was almost like I was watching a completely different show.
May 1, 2019 2:10 AM

Jun 2015
Dayum metal bat is crazy strong!!
May 1, 2019 2:26 AM

Oct 2018
Badass metal bat in action. Decent CGI for the EC, I expected something worse based on the OP, glad its better.

Finally we got the root of Garou's monster idolizing backstory from when he was a kid, and when he was in the dojo, he felt like he's not growing at all. Seems like he's similar to Saitama but he's going to the path of villain, I'm very hype to see
May 1, 2019 2:29 AM

Nov 2016
The fact that there isn't much Saitama is actually better compared to S1. It's not that I don't like him, just the gag revolving about his opness.

Dope episode overall and the CGI looked quite good.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 1, 2019 2:48 AM

Jul 2016
kater_tot said:
I feel like this season really isn't that great... so far i'm disappointed. We've hardly seen Genos and Saitama at all. No where near the same level as season 1

I think Saitama just wasting Garo last week kind of spoiled it for me.

I wanted that beatdown to be at the end of the season..
May 1, 2019 3:11 AM
Dec 2015
Wow man! JC Staff is really coming together with their animation production quality. They didn't deserve the flack they got and they're obviously getting better at it too with the way these episodes have been handled so far. More Please!!!
May 1, 2019 4:02 AM

Mar 2016
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:

If Saitama heroing around, there will be no monsters.
May 1, 2019 4:10 AM
May 2016
God the CGI for Centipede was attrocious. Compare this episode to the manga and it's not even funny how much worse EC looks. I know anime can't be as detailed as manga but at least season 1 of OPM used that to its advantage to give us superb animation consistently through every ep. God bless J.C. Staff, they shouldn't have even tried.
Remember to read the manga, you're doing yourself a disservice as a fan of the series by sticking to the objectively inferior anime.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:49 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

201 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 11:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

187 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 11:30 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2019

236 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.