Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 13, 2019 12:01 PM

May 2018
Tanjirou pass the test, now his training begins.
Apr 13, 2019 12:10 PM

Apr 2014
Nezuko is best imouto

Beautiful Kick

OrangeJPMay 11, 2019 10:42 AM

Apr 13, 2019 12:19 PM

Mar 2018
Ohhhhhhhh what... All of my what...
This is just pure eyecandy and soothing for my ear. Those backgrounds, animation, breathing animations and soundtrack! And that ending!!
If this continues, this will surely finish as my AOTS!

I loved that basket scene, haha. At least it's not serious all the time which would be a little boring, good to see that.
Also like how Tanjirou told us that the air is thin and harder to breathe.
Koito91Apr 13, 2019 12:23 PM

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Apr 13, 2019 12:50 PM

Aug 2018
I gotta enlighten it again, but the art/animation is very pleasant to watch, this anime has this little thing that makes it interesting to follow.

I'm curious to see how the old man will train Tanjirou. Also the demon he fought seemed quite strong enough for a regular human, he can thank his sister who had a certain strenght.
Apr 13, 2019 12:51 PM
Jan 2018
HereticHunter said:
Ugh, that was somewhat disappointing. Not really impressed by the animation and the comedy is really unsettling. Its placed wrongly and it doesn't work for a show like this. This is going to be like Goblin Slayer all over again, pretty serious first episode, then turn off that edge in favor of Comedy and Fanservice.
No, it won't, this show doesn't have fanservice at all.
Apr 13, 2019 1:24 PM

Apr 2018
This ep was a little of a letdown tbh
The beginning was way too light-hearthed to follow up a slaughter, and then it suddenly got darker again when the demon showed up.
I feel like the dark component and the battle shonen component in this anime aren't on the same page, which kinda fucks up the tone of the show entirely.
Also not the biggest fan of the fight as well, I understand u wanna emphasize Nezuko's chioce of helping her brother over eating, but c'mon, u can't have that demon at the mc's throat for like 5 mins without killing him, waiting for Nezuko to make her choice.
Still, it was fine I guess, not as good as I hoped for, but still not bad by any means.
(The cgi looked pretty good to me, I don't understand why people complain about the cgi in this anime so much)
Apr 13, 2019 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
It puts the demon in the basket, or else your sister gets a casket. Truly a great show, it was a little slow rolling, but that trap scene. Like, how much money did they spend. HOOKED.
Apr 13, 2019 1:45 PM

May 2015
Wow really hoped this would get better, but yet again with the constant inner monologues to the point of annoyance. Really beginning to think Ufotable hit their high point with Kara no Kyoukai and it's been down hill since. I'll give it one more episode but thinking this will be my 1st drop of the season
Apr 13, 2019 1:50 PM
May 2016
Gotta love that artwork though
Apr 13, 2019 2:02 PM

Jan 2008
Nezuko in the basket is pretty adorable.
Apr 13, 2019 2:03 PM
Jul 2017
The animation and music are amazing. Hope the story doesnt disappoint
Monster of the week trope is a sign inability of the author to write a good plot so they introduce random ass villain to distract viewer with action.

My English is not good.

Apr 13, 2019 2:04 PM

Jan 2010
Lol, I had to laugh when that head rolled. This show has some really nice visuals and action. Looks like it's gonna be fun.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Apr 13, 2019 2:18 PM

Apr 2014
Dunno what you people were expecting, for the story to always be depressing and Tanjiro to constantly be sulking? The comedy could've been much more intrusive than it was, and honestly I'm glad Tanjiro's not a constant downer. He's trying to make the best of his situation. Even when going through hard times, there are more emotions than just sadness. Things don't have to be super duper serious all the time.
Some of the CG looked a bit weird to me on first viewing, but going back it blended pretty well. The scene with him running through the traps was pretty intense. Good pacing too, the scenes felt a bit fast in the manga because of how quick you can read it I suppose.
HonguApr 13, 2019 2:25 PM
Apr 13, 2019 2:23 PM
Oct 2016
Another amazing episode. I´m glad they have kept the amazing visuals.
Apr 13, 2019 2:32 PM

Apr 2014
FictionJunction ED! <3 Void in my heart has slightly shrunken.
Apr 13, 2019 2:36 PM

Apr 2019
Seriously loving this it’s everything I’ve ever wanted in a shounen does anyone know if the manga is any good? Or does it fall off in the later chapters I’m considering buying it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2019 2:44 PM

Feb 2016
FilipDespa said:
HereticHunter said:
Ugh, that was somewhat disappointing. Not really impressed by the animation and the comedy is really unsettling. Its placed wrongly and it doesn't work for a show like this. This is going to be like Goblin Slayer all over again, pretty serious first episode, then turn off that edge in favor of Comedy and Fanservice.

I mentioned GS merely as an example of going off the rails, not that this one would have fanservice
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 13, 2019 2:47 PM

Jan 2015
AQUARIONFAN said:
Seriously loving this it’s everything I’ve ever wanted in a shounen does anyone know if the manga is any good? Or does it fall off in the later chapters I’m considering buying it

These are the worst chapters tbh, it only gets better
Apr 13, 2019 3:08 PM

Aug 2018
Damn that kick out of nowhere. That quality art and animations are top-notch. Good job of ufotable as always. Great ost and the opening is banger. Nezuko is so cute, great demon imouto we have here. So tempted to go read the manga. Really excited to look forward !

Beautiful ending.
ElectroZzApr 13, 2019 3:22 PM
Apr 13, 2019 3:10 PM
Mar 2017
Nezuko is so cute, now she must travel in the basket during the day.
Tanjirou spoils Nezuko so much and I do not blame him, she deserves it, besides being very cute when she tries to enter the basket.
Tanjirou continues his journey to meet Sakonji, but on his way he smells the smell of blood coming from a house and when they enter they meet a demon eating a group of people, the face of horror that Tanjirou put in was very well done, but poor Nezuko, her demon instincts were activated and the hunger to consume human flesh began.
Tanjirou has incredible reflexes, he cut the throat of the devil, but this have a good regenerative capacity.
Nezuko still has a fraternal bond with Tanjirou and this same help her to recover her sanity and she literally sends the demon's head flying with a single kick and the surprised face of Tanjirou made me laugh a lot, Nezuko has an incredible strength.
It is incredible that the demon continues to fight despite not having a head, moreover his decapitated head begins to regenerate a pair of arms.
Apparently Tanjirou is a hard head and that way he got rid of the devilish head and then goes to defend his younger sister, but to go with a lot of force pushes the body of the demon to a cliff and both fall, but Nezuko saves him in the last moment.
Tanjirou is prepared to kill his first demon, but the anxiety and fear make him doubt, but when he finally gathers his courage to kill the demon a man with a Tengu mask stops him and tells him that he can not kill the demon, the man notices that Tanjirou doubt whether he should kill him and finally the sun appears and the demon's head disintegrates.
Nezuko hiding from the sun is very cute, she immediately entered her basket and covered herself with a blanket.
The man in the mask introduces himself as Sakonji and he reprimands Tanjirou for his lack of composure and lack of determination, in addition to reminding him of the condition in which he is with his sister, but finally Sakonji asks him to Follow him to see if he has the ability to be a demon killer.
Tanjirou remembering Nezuko when she was human left me with a knot in her chest, she had a beautiful voice.
Tanjirou's test starts and he must return to Sakonji's house at the foot of the mountain before dawn, but the old man set traps and Tanjirou who for a moment was confident to pass this test now must deal with the hidden traps, but then he calms himself a little and manages to detect the traps with his incredible sense of smell and finally manages to reach Sakonji's house very badly hurt.
Giyu was the one who asked Sakonji to accept Tanjirou as an apprentice and apparently the old man has an incredible sense of smell just like Tanjirou.
Finally, Sakonji accepts Tanjirou as his apprentice.

The soundtrack continues to sound great, a job so well done, each sequence was well worked in regard to ambient sound and music.
The animation still seems incredible, the fight with the devil and the test of the mountain looked very good and the part where Tanjirou perceives the smell of the traps was of very good quality.
Today we had the pleasure of hearing the Ending and I can only say that it is beautiful, I love the sound of this Ed, we will also have LiSA for two.
The advance of the next episode is very adorable, Nezuko is too cute.

I remembered the pokemon sun and moon game when I saw Nezuko and the basket and when Tanjirou told Nezuko to enter the basket I could not help but remember Lillie and Nebby.
Apr 13, 2019 3:37 PM

Mar 2018
Looks and sounds amazing plus I ttink the CGI is well done. Characters and story are unimpressive so far, like why tf doesn't the whole population know about demons if people seem to die daily from them. MC fails to stand out from other battle shounen protagonists, don't even know what to say about Nezuku pretty much turned into a plot device in episode 1 by the looks of it lol

Altough this first test was quite lame I look forward our MC's training to become a Demon Slayer and Nezuku kicking ass. The setting really needs to be fleshed out a bit more for sure
poop
Apr 13, 2019 3:43 PM
Nov 2015
Great use of CG throughout the whole episode.
Apr 13, 2019 3:44 PM

Dec 2015
A few jokes here and there, good. Too bad the direction/style and the "serious" scenes dramatize so much the series, leading to a big gap being crossed everytime.

I would have liked more than a half-episode about the trial.

vhagar8 said:

(The cgi looked pretty good to me, I don't understand why people complain about the cgi in this anime so much)

Well, the "enhancement" CGI does nothing wrong and the blurry background CGI mountains were more than okay but the "problems" appear as soon as they get into serious exploitation of CG like the race between the rice paddings (characters seemed simply paste on the 3D ground.)

4/5
Apr 13, 2019 4:07 PM

Sep 2015
I really like this episode because of Tanjirou's determination to avenge his family that means training hard to fulfill that role. Geez, that scene where they both go to the temple is so scary that he thought there are humans actually in there. That Nezuko has her saliva dripping when she sees the corpse and blood.
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
Apr 13, 2019 4:25 PM

Apr 2016
this episode was well done once again, I am excited for the anime to get into the really good stuff
the post credits scene really reminded me of old-school like early 2000's anime lol
Apr 13, 2019 4:34 PM

Dec 2013
Demons are resilient!

Nice art and animation in this episode. The tax evasion has paid off!
Apr 13, 2019 4:55 PM

Oct 2017
Loving this anime a lot~ <3 Nezuko in the basket is soooo cute!
Apr 13, 2019 5:06 PM

May 2016
a bit different vibe from what I expected at first, but still enjoyable. The story felt a bit clunky but the animation was excellent yet again. The post-credits bit was cute! High hopes for this series.

Apr 13, 2019 5:07 PM
Nov 2016
nezuko is literally a cute demon. i really laughed when she kicked that demon's head off. i expected this series to be more serious but that fight scene is really worth to laugh at.
Apr 13, 2019 6:17 PM

Mar 2010
I really didn't expect to have such a good laugh, haha. I really love the way ufotable pull off their humour. And Kajiura's OSTs and ED were great as well. I thought I was watching Fate for a moment >->

And Nezuko is definitely a demonfu material.

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

Apr 13, 2019 6:33 PM
Dec 2010
This is shaping up to be my favorite show of the new season.
Apr 13, 2019 6:49 PM

Jan 2011
decent episode we still pretty much in the prologue in a sense was not expecting a demon geodude felt weird laughing at the comedy due to the very heavy tone this show has set maybe once they lighting it up a bit those will be fine.

will say easily my favorite OP this season thank you again Lisa knocking it out single after single
Apr 13, 2019 7:06 PM

Oct 2015
Impressive episode, that demon knows how to run their mouth. Glad he got burned!

Looking forward to the training!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 13, 2019 7:20 PM
Mar 2019
Kind of goofy episode and felt like it lost all the suspense and tension that made episode 1 provocative and emotional.

Nezuko staying as a girl in a basket is kind of unexciting and lame. I wish we could get over that plot and have her do more than be carried around during the daytime.

Would have preferred if the training to be a demon slayer took place at a school/academy instead of just at some random geezers house in the mountains.

Frictionjunction did not need Lisa.

that would be more cliché what you ask
DrakenKnightApr 13, 2019 7:26 PM
Apr 13, 2019 7:37 PM
Mar 2019
FilipDespa said:

I mentioned GS merely as an example of going off the rails, not that this one would have fanservice

brother, this is a Shounen, obviously he is going to have his comedy, compare it with a Seinen that wanted to add it, it's another thing, also these episodes are the least exciting in the manga, so be patient because soon something good will start
Apr 13, 2019 8:12 PM

Jul 2016
Ehh... I know Nezuko is most likely suffering from hunger but man, she can't be this cute >.<

Pretty enjoyable episode overall. The OST was on point like in the previous one and the animation was outstanding as well.

The ED was also nice. It gave me some Kalafina vibes, by the way.

Really looking forward to the next episode!
Apr 13, 2019 8:18 PM

Mar 2013
My god the animation and soundtrack alone are lifting this anime to great heights, you can't not love the show for those two sole reasons. The characters are very nice artistically speaking, and nezako is so cute!
Apr 13, 2019 8:21 PM

Feb 2013
Just as greatly adapted as episode 1. This is the shounen adaptation of dreams.

Idk why some people are already getting so turned off by a few comedic moments here and there that added character to those scenes. If you're looking for a series that's full of a needlessly edgy and brooding MC or something, you're watching the wrong anime.

Xenocrisi said:
AQUARIONFAN said:

These are the worst chapters tbh, it only gets better
Yeah, seriously. The beginning is decent enough itself, but the series really picked up after the first 10 or so chapters, and continued to stay consistently good to this day.
Apr 13, 2019 8:49 PM
Nov 2015
I really don't like Tanjiro as of now. He talks TOO MUCH even through thoughts. On top of this, he says (or the anime itself makes him say) too many obvious things. "SOMEONE THREW A ROCK AT ME!". We knoooooow, okay? We've seen it.

Guess that episode was okay. The last half was meh due to the problem I've just pointed out, but the first half was very fun to watch.

The production from Ufotbable is simply stunning, the OSTs are amazing, simply amazing.

3/5.
BetoYeriExyApr 13, 2019 8:53 PM
Apr 13, 2019 8:55 PM

Oct 2017
Apr 13, 2019 9:09 PM

Dec 2016
Man I just fucking love the atmosphere of this show
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 13, 2019 9:20 PM

May 2015
BetoSCR said:
I really don't like Tanjiro as of now. He talks TOO MUCH even through thoughts. On top of this, he says (or the anime itself makes him say) too many obvious things. "SOMEONE THREW A ROCK AT ME!". We knoooooow, okay? We've seen it.

Guess that episode was okay. The last half was meh due to the problem I've just pointed out, but the first half was very fun to watch.

The production from Ufotbable is simply stunning, the OSTs are amazing, simply amazing.

3/5.
we know it but he doesn't know so when he gets hit by rocks he says "a rock?" thats realistic,it doesn't matter if we've seen it,i really don't know why you guys don't like character thoughts,this series is full of character thoughts in fights,making strategies ecc.
nanashi796Apr 13, 2019 9:26 PM
Apr 13, 2019 9:30 PM

Feb 2015
BetoSCR said:

3/5.

People complained about Shirou in UBW not having enough inner monologues, and now people are complaining that Tanjirou has too many apparently. The monologues add so much to the character development; I'm happy for their inclusion.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2019 9:43 PM

Dec 2016
Why does people complain that Tanjirou too nice when he hesitate to kill the demon? That his character from the start. If he suddenly turn into a cold hearted killer it would be inconsistent characterization. And also i don't have a problem with him being kind, not everyone have to be broody and downer in anime. It also show that he have a lot to learn and give him an arc.

Apr 13, 2019 10:10 PM
Oct 2018
The anime respect manga and it was very funny when Nezoko play footbal with a deamon head .
Apr 13, 2019 10:15 PM

Aug 2010
Episodes go buy way too fast.

Nezuko is too damn cute.
Apr 13, 2019 11:25 PM
Nov 2015
nanashi796 said:
BetoSCR said:

3/5.
we know it but he doesn't know so when he gets hit by rocks he says "a rock?" thats realistic,it doesn't matter if we've seen it,i really don't know why you guys don't like character thoughts,this series is full of character thoughts in fights,making strategies ecc.

I get your point, I might have put it the wrong way, blaming the protagonist, I meant that the anime doesn't need to express his thoughts all the time, it would work out better and more dynamically if they skipped these parts since we know what Tanjiro is thinking or surprised about.

I only complain because this episode did this a lot of times. To me, unnecessary.
Apr 13, 2019 11:41 PM

Feb 2014
Ufotable never ceases to amuse. I'm thrilled they went with the vibe of their best success (Fate/Zero) and made the soundtracks appealing like it. Even the ED seems pretty much influenced by it.
This really is the best animation of the season. And damn now we have a new loli to protecc!! Nezuko is so damn adorable. That one kick, off the head came outta nowhere. And also that demon was played by none other than Midorikawa Hikaru, so cool voice for a villain.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 13, 2019 11:49 PM

Jun 2015
just a friendly reminder for some ppl, its a shounen ! even Berserk has some comedic moments , and u expect a shounen to be totally dark ?
Monologues,comedy,yelling and explaining their abilities,tournaments,.. are big part of battle shounens so if u don't like these king of things u are watching the wrong genre.
Apr 14, 2019 12:32 AM

Mar 2019
I'm already bailing. That was a chore to get through. I was tempted to give up half way through the episode. This week the protagonist was reluctant to kill a blood thirsty demon that had attacked hm, but had no problem launching an ax at the head of another human being a week ago? Wtf? The comedy here is all way off the mark too, like not funny at all. And, the horror wasn't hot either. There's blood and dead bodies, but the goofy design of the demon ruins the atmosphere. So far this show is all style no substance.... Anyway, not like I'm gonna stick around to see if it gets better.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Sep 28, 2019

571 by skatensleep »»
May 26, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Stray - Sep 21, 2019

233 by skatensleep »»
May 26, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2019

210 by skatensleep »»
May 26, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Stray - Sep 7, 2019

221 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2019

351 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.