Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2018 11:32 AM

Jan 2008
Well if they're going to skip the village arc, I at least hope they get to the room. If they do animate it the village arc after, I guess it might give you a better impression of certain goblins that were killed relatively easy during the village arc.

Quality line in this episode: "they do die when I hit them really hard with it."
Nov 3, 2018 11:35 AM

Feb 2016
So you're telling me that a flat out boring character like Goblin Slayer has a Harem now? lmao

I swear, those guys that lost their equipment looked like they would die anytime soon, yet they survived thanks to the almighty power of the club #ClubMasterRace

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 3, 2018 11:36 AM

Dec 2014
Wow a seemingly filler episode but I liked it... makes you want to wonder about other characters...goblin slayer is one of the most misunderstood characters
Nov 3, 2018 11:39 AM

Dec 2015
So, first they trim some nice interactions between Goblin Slayer and the others, then decide to skip the Village arc, and now they add filler? What the fuck is wrong with you White Fox?? I'm completely disappointed by the direction they're taking.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 3, 2018 11:41 AM
Jan 2016
Wow this episode focused receptionist, she is for sure the best girl, her reaction about Goblin Slayer was awesome, her blushing was cute! And she admitted that she likes Goblin Slayer!

Congratz to Onna for promotion!

High elf asking to Goblin Slayer to join in next mission was cute!

Witch always showing his hot side, but i think the candle she given to the guy saved his life!

Goblin got a new mission from and "important person", looks like that, she was mensioned by receptionist's partner, i am curious about her!
Nov 3, 2018 11:42 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
An interesting episode that while not featuring any large battles involving GS and party did well in showing the life that other adventurers face. To think that lizardman fell in love with cheese though. The elf's attitude towards GS sure has changed substantially. The promotion meeting was more intense than i expected. To think that thief had the nerve to attack Jou though. But her harrying of him as well as her facing down the thiefs anger with her calmness was impressive. So she has a crush on the GS huh. On a side note its nice that the warrior and his partner was able to get back his sword. Looks like next episode will introduce the famous sword maiden.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2018 11:43 AM

Aug 2014
LOL, they are changing the order of the events.
Nov 3, 2018 11:44 AM

Aug 2018
Stupid adventurers. They couldn't defeat a simple bunch of rats, let alone defeat the fucking giant rat and not to mention the fucking Gaping Dragon.

Anyway, this is the worst episode not only for the filler and quality, but because they are skipping the best part of manga.
Nov 3, 2018 11:47 AM
Aug 2018
HereticHunter said:
So you're telling me that a flat out boring character like Goblin Slayer has a Harem now? lmao

I swear, those guys that lost their equipment looked like they would die anytime soon, yet they survived thanks to the almighty power of the club #ClubMasterRace

Ofcourse he seems flat if they keep cutting all the parts that show his personality
Nov 3, 2018 11:47 AM

Aug 2014
I think they are not skipping, just changing the order.
The village arc will be later, they are adapting a spin off for now.
Nov 3, 2018 11:52 AM

May 2018
weirdy8 said:
Ok as a fan of the manga, this ep was just bad. The whole journey with the newbs was anime original, they pretty much shoved the promotional ch from much later in between, cut a lot of bonding time with cow girl, and seem to be rushing straight to the sword maiden arc that’s currently running. If that’s the case, they’re skipping my favorite part of the manga so far: the village defense with the guild.

It's not anime original, it's from Brand New Day manga / Volume 4 LN

Lelouch0202 said:
The Radroaches

Ah, a fellow fallout fan.
Nov 3, 2018 11:53 AM

Jul 2013
As a person who is greatly disgusted by cockroaches, this episode made me tremble in fear. At least the porcelain adventurer recovered his sword, so something is something.
So that famous sword maiden that always appears gang-raped by goblins in pixiv's fanarts is going to be properly presented next episode. Want to see what's all the hype about her.

Also recepcionist-chan is best girl. Goblin Slayer is so lucky to have her in his harem.
Nov 3, 2018 12:02 PM

May 2018
Grub4dos said:
Stupid adventurers. They couldn't defeat a simple bunch of rats, let alone defeat the fucking giant rat and not to mention the fucking Gaping Dragon.

Anyway, this is the worst episode not only for the filler and quality, but because they are skipping the best part of manga.

i just realized if that guy remove all his clothes he's literally becoming a deprived.
Nov 3, 2018 12:03 PM

Aug 2013
So:
- 3 different girls blushing for the protagonist in the same episode, already a pseudo-harem for a guy whose face is not even revealed. These guys know what the audience wants.
- More fanservice. Yeah just zoom on the girl's tits whenever you can.
- Story of two characters we probably won't see again and they look like generic NPCs.
- Another episode wasted on expositive dialogue.
- More one-liners from GS.
- Art is even worse than previous episodes, even if a big part of this episode was featuring two guys on a cave hunting rats...
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Nov 3, 2018 12:19 PM

May 2018
BigDarg said:
Idk if anyone else is in the same boat as me, but i watch this show for the violence and there wasn't quite enough in this episode although i have high hopes for there being a lot in the next

I could say this adaptation is somehow a bit obsessed with the manga source material rather than the LN. This episode is actually filler for vol 4 of the LN but also have been serialized as a side story compilatio manga. It seems white fox is winded what they should choose to adapt. The main manga didn’t suffer from this bad pacing and almost every chapter will involve goblin slaying.
Nov 3, 2018 12:21 PM

May 2018
Seems like a filler episode. Hopefully the next one is better.
Nov 3, 2018 12:29 PM

Aug 2012
Tsundere Elf and i'm curious about the Sword Maiden.
Nov 3, 2018 12:30 PM

Oct 2013
lol of course this would happen
I shouldn't be surprised
in fact we all should of expected this actually. The Village Defence Arc has the naked women as meat shields and White Fox can't animate that lol. Just like how they couldn't animate the Wild Hunt arc

since that whole arc was just 3 of the members going around raping people in the Capital non stop

but yooo still good episode though
DeknijffNov 3, 2018 12:33 PM
Nov 3, 2018 12:35 PM

May 2016
This show just keeps geting better and better.
Nov 3, 2018 12:38 PM

Nov 2013
If you would take a shot every time someone says "goblin", you would be dead before the episode is over.

That the Priestess got promoted is nice. And they nailed the scene with the little shit.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 3, 2018 12:49 PM

Nov 2015
Have you seen something so beautiful you just wanted to cry?
*Me at High Elf and Guild Girl blushing*

OMG GOBLIN SLAYER IS SO DARK!!!111!

An episode of our damaged MC encountering all the waifus.
Nov 3, 2018 12:49 PM

Apr 2012
The manga readers are in a frenzy. You all think too linear and it's annoying AF.
Some chapters or volumes need to be switched to deliver and get the most emotional impact for other media like an anime or a movie. One good example was Violet Evergarden wherein they aired what was supposed to be chapter 8 was spliced and foreshadowed into episode 1 and the following episodes to help with chracter development and backstory.

I was entertained and I genuinely enjoyed it - 9 / 10

My only gripe about this forum is that I get to put up with manga, LN and VN readers that can't help but whine about their precious version being ruined by an anime. It's because of their biased criticism I inadvertently run across unchecked spoilers they mention in their rants. It's supposed to be an ANIME discussion in the first place FFS. I don't go to manga discussion boards to bitch and ruin their enjoyment.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 3, 2018 12:54 PM

Apr 2017
I can't believe the receptionist fell in love with Goblin Slayer, I don't think it happens, but I hope they end up together :D

Also this XD

Nov 3, 2018 1:01 PM

Mar 2012
Ok normally i dont complain about anime original scenes or fillers even if it bugs me but this i have to say:

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU GUYS SKIP PROBABLY THE BIGGEST DAMN CHARACTER AND PLOT PROGRESSION PART OF THE STORY>>>> WHITE FOX ARE FKING MAD?

Seriusly why just why, that arc was one of the best and was a huge step in developing our main characters goblin slayer and priest girl in particular but they skipped and made a whole new filler? (unless this part is in the ln but i dont think so) why White fox why? of all the times you had to screw up it had to be this? I really hope they just moved it to make it as a concluson but if it is not ...my god this is going to leave sour taste in my mouth,
Nov 3, 2018 1:05 PM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
WHERE IS THAT GOD DAMN VILLAGE DEFENSE AGAINST GOBLIN LORD SHIT!!!??? I realy wanted to see that moment when Goblin Slayer approaches Goblin Lord and tells him that he have nowhere to go back. Instead I've got unnecesary quasi-explaination how low-ranked adventurer's life look like. Shitloads of other fantasy anime with adventurers already did that so that was mega pointless. I hope they won't cut/edit next chapters. From 9/10 anime just went to 5-6/10.
Nov 3, 2018 1:07 PM

May 2012
Janethan23 said:
The manga readers are in a frenzy. You My only gripe about this forum is that I get to put up with manga, LN and VN readers that can't help but whine about their precious version being ruined by an anime. It's because of their biased criticism I inadvertently run across unchecked spoilers they mention in their rants. It's supposed to be an ANIME discussion in the first place FFS. I don't go to manga discussion boards to bitch and ruin their enjoyment.

Excellent point. Problem that they are already judging without even waiting for the result, of course they are reorganizing some events exclusively for the anime (I think they forget that an anime adaptation is not made exclusively for those who know the work)

Personally I see no problem going to the events of Sword Maiden and then returning to the events of the "defense raid" (even I like this change because I consider the outcome of this "raid" with all the adventurers gathered an excellent point to finalize the anime )

_____
Discussing the episode: I sincerely enjoy these transition episodes. I thought it was good that he showed more of the city and the other adventurers, plus some worldbuilding information.

As for the newbie having trouble killing the rats, it is worth remembering that there is no "save" in this world .. so however you wish to be an adventurer to make your name while killing dragons and demons, it is a good road full of dangers if you is still rank low.
Nov 3, 2018 1:10 PM
Jan 2018
Hulek46 said:
WHERE IS THAT GOD DAMN VILLAGE DEFENSE AGAINST GOBLIN LORD SHIT!!!??? I realy wanted to see that moment when Goblin Slayer approaches Goblin Lord and tells him that he have nowhere to go back. Instead I've got unnecesary quasi-explaination how low-ranked adventurer's life look like. Shitloads of other fantasy anime with adventurers already did that so that was mega pointless. I hope they won't cut/edit next chapters. From 9/10 anime just went to 5-6/10.
Chill.Its too soon to judge.They will propably finish the season with that arc.Anime is still 9/10
Nov 3, 2018 1:10 PM
Jan 2018
-ShadowClaw- said:
Ok normally i dont complain about anime original scenes or fillers even if it bugs me but this i have to say:

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU GUYS SKIP PROBABLY THE BIGGEST DAMN CHARACTER AND PLOT PROGRESSION PART OF THE STORY>>>> WHITE FOX ARE FKING MAD?

Seriusly why just why, that arc was one of the best and was a huge step in developing our main characters goblin slayer and priest girl in particular but they skipped and made a whole new filler? (unless this part is in the ln but i dont think so) why White fox why? of all the times you had to screw up it had to be this? I really hope they just moved it to make it as a concluson but if it is not ...my god this is going to leave sour taste in my mouth,
Relax.They will propably rearrange the arcs
Nov 3, 2018 1:14 PM

Mar 2012
jimmmaker said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

I know, I know when i calmed down and thought about it, it actually makes more sense that arc would be left for last as it is only one cour, i let my initial response and emotions get to me...I can't take it back now, i just hope it is the case.
Nov 3, 2018 1:16 PM
Jan 2018
-ShadowClaw- said:
jimmmaker said:

I know, I know when i calmed down and thought about it, it actually makes more sense that arc would be left for last as it is only one cour, i let my initial response and emotions get to me...I can't take it back now, i just hope it is the case.
We can only hope.My guess is that they will finish the water town,return to the farm and continue from then.The finale will probably be him taking off his helmet.
Nov 3, 2018 1:18 PM

Jan 2017
Not a bad episode overall but I guess they are trying to restructure the anime and introduced side story as a result. I am assuming that they will end the series with you-know-what-arc (sorry, I can't venture into manga spoiler territory). I can't wait to see more of paladin, discount berserk and lancer in future episodes.

here is a little fanservice gif

Nov 3, 2018 1:24 PM

Feb 2015
I'll be honest that episode was kinda boring.

In really not sure what the can do with such a one dimensional main character.

All those waifus and a MC who has the sex drive of a turnip
Nov 3, 2018 1:25 PM

Aug 2011
weirdy8 said:
Ok as a fan of the manga, this ep was just bad. The whole journey with the newbs was anime original, they pretty much shoved the promotional ch from much later in between, cut a lot of bonding time with cow girl, and seem to be rushing straight to the sword maiden arc that’s currently running. If that’s the case, they’re skipping my favorite part of the manga so far: the village defense with the guild.

They skipped that... yes, they did. That was so epic. How could they not animate that?! Oh, they must be rearranging the order of events? Must be.
Nov 3, 2018 1:50 PM
Mar 2018
Wow this shit really starts to feel like a dark fantasy after this episode!!! And it will become even darker next week LMAO

Hell yeah, slay them all!!!
Nov 3, 2018 1:53 PM
Sep 2018
An analysis of trash by trash

Goblin Slayer Ep 5

Okay I'm expressing my viewpoint as someone who hasn't read the manga or LN, and I won't, so remember that I am expressing opinions.

This episode was the perfect example of pandering.

The story knows what it's target audience is and it pedals the hard stuff.

The show adds a harem aspect that pleases teens while throwing away its potential as a gritty show.

And from what I heard from fans on the forum it skips an important arc although I think that it wants to end with a bang so it will show up later on.

I'll say this now I do not hate this show, I did but now I have transcended into a state of "not giving a fuck", the show is too bland to hate.

I can understand why people like it but it doesn't execute it's plot well enough to be something that I would have on my top 100 anime... and I haven't watched 100 anime.

The show is too bland to call cinematically pleasing, or pleasing, and not so irritatedly bland that it becomes painful to watch after all you can't feel shit when you zone out seven minutes in.

This may not be the worst show in the season but it isn't meant to be second place it's like this episode really just boring filler.

Okay so that's my opinion if your opinion is different and constructive I would like to hear it.

Also to people who blame the studio they've done great stuff before but for this season everyone went on a break and left 14 year olds to the job.
Nov 3, 2018 1:55 PM

Oct 2013
Im seeing a bunch of you guys who have only watched the anime are saying manga fans shouldn't be mad about the rearrange of order
eh but guys they have all the right to be mad since its most likely not a rearrange but simply skipping an arc because it would be too controversial
now yes Im aware they could animate the arc and censor it like with Akame ga Kill
but chances are low
Nov 3, 2018 2:08 PM

Oct 2013
Reybun said:
Deknijff said:
Im seeing a bunch of you guys who have only watched the anime are saying manga fans shouldn't be mad about the rearrange of order
eh but guys they have all the right to be mad since its most likely not a rearrange but simply skipping an arc because it would be too controversial
now yes Im aware they could animate the arc and censor it like with Akame ga Kill
but chances are low
What should they censor, sorry? I have read the manga months ago and i don't recall anything over the top.

Nov 3, 2018 2:15 PM
Mar 2018
Reybun said:
Was the two adventurer's subplot an anime orginal or from the light novels? Asking this as a manga reader.

Also, it seems that they will be skipping a lot of stuff if the sword maiden arc starts right in the next episode, since it's literally the last one of the manga so far.

@SNDT Damn dude, i really like your contributions that you leave in every single GS thread both of the anime and manga, it totally doesn't look like you are autistic or anything.

it's me role playing GS, dude.
Nov 3, 2018 2:16 PM

Nov 2016
Deknijff said:
Reybun said:
What should they censor, sorry? I have read the manga months ago and i don't recall anything over the top.

How dare they skip something so amazing, I really hope that they will still show it.

Or time to read the manga.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 3, 2018 2:34 PM
Aug 2018
TrashIsMyWaifu said:
An analysis of trash by trash

Goblin Slayer Ep 5

Okay I'm expressing my viewpoint as someone who hasn't read the manga or LN, and I won't, so remember that I am expressing opinions.

This episode was the perfect example of pandering.

The story knows what it's target audience is and it pedals the hard stuff.

The show adds a harem aspect that pleases teens while throwing away its potential as a gritty show.

And from what I heard from fans on the forum it skips an important arc although I think that it wants to end with a bang so it will show up later on.

I'll say this now I do not hate this show, I did but now I have transcended into a state of "not giving a fuck", the show is too bland to hate.

I can understand why people like it but it doesn't execute it's plot well enough to be something that I would have on my top 100 anime... and I haven't watched 100 anime.

The show is too bland to call cinematically pleasing, or pleasing, and not so irritatedly bland that it becomes painful to watch after all you can't feel shit when you zone out seven minutes in.

This may not be the worst show in the season but it isn't meant to be second place it's like this episode really just boring filler.

Okay so that's my opinion if your opinion is different and constructive I would like to hear it.

Also to people who blame the studio they've done great stuff before but for this season everyone went on a break and left 14 year olds to the job.

Can confirm that this episode was a mess. From animation to script...they like mixed two chapters plus a side-story and adapted the most boring part of them.

They are cutting all the parts that made the main character well...a human. The harem doesn't make any sense to form right now because they cutted all the parts that made goblin slayer interesting (Or showing atleast that he is handsome)

If last time i defended the series...this episode made me realize how badly they are adapting the novels/manga.
Oh yeah and there is a possibility of skipping an entire arc...jesus
Nov 3, 2018 2:39 PM
Jun 2016
They may use the village raid to end the season, but one thing is sure: they'll skip the exploration ruins. Bye bye foreshadowing, apparently you're not needed in this adaptation.
Nov 3, 2018 2:52 PM
Nov 2014
Orcbolg's harem is growing in size, this guy is both a player and a savage.
Nov 3, 2018 2:57 PM

Nov 2010
Did they just skip the best arc of the series thus far? I hope not... I hope they're planning on showing that arc after this. Even if they do, they just screwed up the whole timeline... not happy.
Nov 3, 2018 2:57 PM

Nov 2010
marcusho said:
They are not following from the manga, they just follow to the light novel from the start. If you all bitching about skipping arc, what about you all just stfu , read or follow the original light novel and not the manga.

Oh please, stfu. They're switching around the LN too. The manga is following the LN, and this anime isn't. Of course people are bitching.
Nov 3, 2018 2:59 PM
Jan 2018
ThumbsUpBaby said:
marcusho said:
They are not following from the manga, they just follow to the light novel from the start. If you all bitching about skipping arc, what about you all just stfu , read or follow the original light novel and not the manga.

Oh please, stfu. They're switching around the LN too. The manga is following the LN, and this anime isn't. Of course people are bitching.
They are probably rearrenging the arcs so they can finish the show with him taking off his helmet.If that is the case then there isnt much of a problem
Nov 3, 2018 3:05 PM
Jan 2018
Reybun said:
Was the two adventurer's subplot an anime orginal or from the light novels? Asking this as a manga reader.

Also, it seems that they will be skipping a lot of stuff if the sword maiden arc starts right in the next episode, since it's literally the last one of the manga so far.

Post edit: I'm not wasting my time replying to that troll anymore in the future.
there are three goblin slayer mangas .Goblin slayer,goblin slayer year one and goblin slayer brand new day.Goblin slayer brand new day is adapting volume 4(a bunch of mini stories from different timelines).They simply mixed a bit of volume 4 with ch 10 of the manga i think
Nov 3, 2018 3:08 PM

Mar 2014
no budgets left. the story board is so bad director plz do something
Nov 3, 2018 3:20 PM

Sep 2014
Guild girl can't lie about her feelings xD
Sword Maiden already hmmm... while ending it with the Village War might seem fitting I wonder how they'll handle this..
Nov 3, 2018 3:30 PM

May 2018
Reybun said:

It's from the manga Goblin Slayer Brand New Day and Volume 4 of the Light Novel. No anime original content so far.
Nov 3, 2018 3:45 PM

Oct 2018
I want Guild Girl to badmouth me.

Still somewhat enjoying the show, I like the characters a lot, but damn, the prasentation really hurts the show. Saying it's serviceable would be an overstatement. Direction and animation is frankly just bad. White Fox' schedule seems to get worse with every episode, 10 animation directors on this week's episode and it still looked like ass... yikes.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Weird sound

z0idberger - Jun 4

16 by Monkadude15 »»
Jun 5, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

993 by Raphkial »»
May 7, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.