Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 8, 2018 1:08 PM

Nov 2017
This just keeps getting better,I'm enjoying the pacing,that damned tsundere Veldora is hilarious,and was it just me,or were those goblins cute as F***,almost as cute as Rimuru :),def one to keep watching.
And as for the LN,this pacing seems to be about near enough.
Oct 8, 2018 1:16 PM

Dec 2010
Good episode! Rimuru and Veldora have great chemistry; Veldora will be missed until he returns. The goblins were also a welcome addition--and make an interesting contrast to the _other_ show about goblins this season.

I wish I could marathon this show but I'll have to be patient. Looking forward to the rest.
Oct 8, 2018 1:16 PM
Nov 2015
I'm amazed by how entertaining this show ended up being. It was a very good episode, very well executed too.
Oct 8, 2018 1:19 PM
Oct 2010
Deku6339 said:
William550 said:
I love the manga but I dont read light novel. I wish this anime to have proper endings but I know that's not possible.

Why is it not possible ?

Well because I have never seen an another world genre anime with complete story from start to finish.
Oct 8, 2018 1:21 PM
Aug 2016
Grey-Zone said:
LavalGaming said:

Because light novel have 12 volume Andy 24 isn’t enough to fit all of it so it’s al least 6 volume for the anime

For this 24-episode season, you mean. This franchise is so successful that it could keep up with many high-profile franchises in terms of sales, even though it had no anime up until now. With this anime it will only be even better and has much potential for merch. The chances for a second season are very solid if the adaptation keeps up the current quality (though IMO it's slightly below what we saw in EP1, but still WAY above average).

Well even if it has a good success rate and sell rate. It still going to at least take 2 years to make a second season. I mean look at classroom of the elite or Tanya like they did very well. But still no second season. And even if there is a second season, it’s not garentee to have 24 episode again. But I do agree with you
Oct 8, 2018 1:23 PM
Aug 2016
Deku6339 said:
Great episode

BTW is that aura his or the dragons ??
Don't tell if it's a spoiler

His own and fuck I have to type at least 15 character word to sand the message. Well don’t mind me spam.kdkjjeudhfhfjeisjchhfndmxifr
Oct 8, 2018 1:45 PM

Dec 2017
i’m still fascinated by the effect though, very RPG-based.

other than that, the goblins were fine, they were made to be cute anyway, they have to established that fact first so the story can continue, i just wait for the evolved oni to come, still a long way though

nice 2nd episode overall
Oct 8, 2018 1:55 PM

Apr 2018
AOTS already, i love Rimuru
Oct 8, 2018 1:56 PM

Aug 2014
this one is good, coming back next week
Oct 8, 2018 2:07 PM

Apr 2012
Water blades were so cool in Xam'd, now look at them: slime spit.
Oct 8, 2018 2:14 PM

Sep 2010
Antanaru said:
I feel like I've watched something different than most people commenting so far. This episode was tediously boring. Some heavy handed exposition, then faffing around in the cave and then [eeep!]ing moe goblins. And not a single reason to give any damn.

Try manga, anime adaptation makes too much emphasis on cuteness and comical relief, I guess they thought children = money... Personally - such approach makes me puke, so dropped (even though I really like manga).
Oct 8, 2018 2:24 PM

Mar 2018
OMG besto Tsundere Doragon Veldora, i just died when he scream SUBARASHII!!! when heard the name given by Rimuru, so freaking funny :D
Oct 8, 2018 2:35 PM

Feb 2014
The pace was slower, but I still really enjoyed this episode regardless.

The visual quality, as well as the animation, remains of a high quality so far and I hope 8-bit can keep that quality going for as long as they can. Slime's adventures in the cave after swallowing up Veldora was pretty fun, as he encountered many enemies that he defeated and gained their abilities in the process.

After getting out of the cave, Slime encountered the goblin tribe (don't tell the Goblin Slayer about that place XD) and asked for the slime's help in radicating the massive pack of wolves who're shredding the goblin tribe apart.

I'm sure the next episode will have plenty of action, so I'm looking forward to that. =)
Oct 8, 2018 3:00 PM

Aug 2011
Looking forward to the next episode. Enough said. Well, that and I got used to the slime's voice surprisingly fast.
Oct 8, 2018 3:03 PM

Aug 2011
Tokoya said:
I'm stunned by how good this is lol, I thought that the first episode being as good as it ended being was a fluke but man this actually seems like it could rank among the better isekai shows out there

If they follow the story as how it should be with maybe minimal deviations, it should be
Oct 8, 2018 3:20 PM

Aug 2013
Kay I might grow to like this show after all. Also...see, not all Goblins are murderers and rapists. Don't believe the propaganda people.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 8, 2018 3:28 PM
Aug 2016
Hiruko_thirtySix said:
Deku6339 said:
Great episode

BTW is that aura his or the dragons ??
Don't tell if it's a spoiler

consuming Veldora he became as powerful as him since he can mimic. And his Predator skill is too OP.

Honestly wish people would forget goblin slayer and how it portrayed goblins and remember Tensei slime's version of them :) they are nice and loyal.

Remember its all about perspective.

He didn’t consume vendora because if he did vendora will be dead but no he didn’t he is not as strong as vendora at least at this time.
Oct 8, 2018 3:30 PM
Aug 2016
HiragaSaito16 said:
Hiruko_thirtySix said:

consuming Veldora he became as powerful as him since he can mimic. And his Predator skill is too OP.

Honestly wish people would forget goblin slayer and how it portrayed goblins and remember Tensei slime's version of them :) they are nice and loyal.

Remember its all about perspective.

Uh not quite right about the aura part. I have read WN and LN. Rimuru was born from the magicules released by Veldora. He was literally stronger than the monsters around at birth, not including his skils. And how can Rimuru mimic Veldora? Veldora is not dead you know?

As this was already reveled in EP1 and EP2 this is not a spoiler

From what I remember what you said is a possibility but not entirely true based and what other character says in there’s mind.
Oct 8, 2018 3:32 PM
Aug 2016
Antanaru said:
I feel like I've watched something different than most people commenting so far. This episode was tediously boring. Some heavy handed exposition, then faffing around in the cave and then [eeep!]ing moe goblins. And not a single reason to give any damn.

Well this show is mostly about characterization and building a country based isekai
Oct 8, 2018 3:39 PM
Mar 2017
I loved this episode, they maintained the quality of the first episode, besides that I enjoyed how Rirumu acquired new skills thanks to his "predatory" ability, besides his new abilities with the water element are great.
Veldora pleases me more, he leaves the stereotype of an cruel and intimidating dragon, capable of destroying a city with a single blow of its fire, this is better, he wants to have friends and be free, besides being a tsundere.
Now Rirumu is free and his first act in this new world is to help the goblins to stop the wolves that attack them.
Oct 8, 2018 3:43 PM

Dec 2014
Good follow up, liking this.

I thought it was kinda amusing how they created the whole sealed beast within the protagonist trope. xD
I assumed that Veldora would be able to communicate with Rirumu after he was gobbled up but it looks like that's not the case. I kinda wished they had that Naruto-Kurama dynamic. xD

The parts at the end with the goblins were pretty good too.

This is looking like it could be one of the better isekai shows out there and honestly, that stands as an achievement. XD
Oct 8, 2018 4:16 PM

Apr 2016
It's already the best Isaki anime of the year. Unless if it does some stupid shit later
Oct 8, 2018 4:16 PM

Sep 2008
The slow pace is good. Maybe not for watching weekly, but in a marathon I think this kind of pace works very well.

I'm happy with the adaptation so far. The art quality is kinda iffy but they have some decent animation thanks to that and don't seem to rely on CG at all.
Oct 8, 2018 4:21 PM

Sep 2011
The real weakness of this series is how slow it is to take off. The faithfulness of getting every "plot keyframe" from the manga is both a blessing and a curse. I was afraid it was going to drive people off, but it seems people are enjoying it.

Unlike most series where it is a rollercoaster of sharp ups and downs, this series is a very gradual straight line at a slight incline. It is very slow to ramp up, but it rarely, if ever, gets worse at any point. It's a long investment that I hope people stick around for, but I totally understand those who would drop it after this episode due to a lack of anything happening.
Oct 8, 2018 4:24 PM

Dec 2010
tsundere dragon ZzZzz

if these overlord vibes stay, i'm definitely dropping this.
Oct 8, 2018 4:31 PM

May 2010
The first part remind me of The Gamer.
If the slime can mimic anything by swallowing an opponent that this mean he swallow Aqua in future? Damn that majinbu skill...
Oct 8, 2018 5:04 PM

Jan 2011
so far nothing has been too off putting which is nice only thing is boy are they not shying away from making him strong from the start i swear it's like the number one rule of these kind of anime's lol
Oct 8, 2018 5:36 PM

Aug 2018
Rimiru become's leader of the goblins, yet he stays so cute. Anyone noticed in the opening song he will turn into an anime girl? :-P
(I haven't read the manga - don't shoot me.)
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 8, 2018 5:57 PM

Oct 2015
Rimuru Tempest, I guess this will be name of the season for me. All those skills, this slime is going to be overlord or what!

His aura though takes the cake, for a slime he's the strongest I've ever seen. I bet helping the goblin will be interesting.

But I hate goblins now since I saw what they did on goblin slayer, that opening episode has etched a bad reputation for them whether they are good or not in any series.

Great episode and I have very very high hopes for this series.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 8, 2018 6:22 PM

Sep 2010
I'm lovin this show. I hope he can find a way to bring the dragon back. Looking forward to him messing up some direwolves next episode.
Oct 8, 2018 6:35 PM

Nov 2017
William550 said:
Deku6339 said:

Why is it not possible ?

Well because I have never seen an another world genre anime with complete story from start to finish.

Tried Zero No Tsukaima? or The Vision of Escaflowne?
Oct 8, 2018 7:10 PM

Jun 2008
Slime is so so cute! I really was not expecting to enjoy this show so much. I like the slow pace it's had so far.

I am worried we won't get to see the dragon for the rest of the anime. Please tell me that doesn't happen.
Oct 8, 2018 7:25 PM

Jan 2013
This episode i think was far more enjoyable than the first one.

He acquired a lot of skills in such a small amount of time, can't wait to see him fighting for real and using all of the skills.
I wonder what happened with the dragon, he is not dead obviously but we don't know the result of his analysis of that shield.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 8, 2018 8:08 PM
Mar 2016
a bit slow pace
well because i read manga (well i didnt read LN/WN cause that more like sleeping pill for me, not about boring, but that make my brain working extra :D)
i totally forgot Veldora still on Rimuru's stomach, this eps remembering me about that lul
fyi if you compare this to overlord, Rimuru isnt brutal like overlord
so maybe bit boring but that make this show has some unique trait
Oct 8, 2018 9:09 PM
Jun 2016
LavalGaming said:
HiragaSaito16 said:

Uh not quite right about the aura part. I have read WN and LN. Rimuru was born from the magicules released by Veldora. He was literally stronger than the monsters around at birth, not including his skils. And how can Rimuru mimic Veldora? Veldora is not dead you know?

As this was already reveled in EP1 and EP2 this is not a spoiler

From what I remember what you said is a possibility but not entirely true based and what other character says in there’s mind.

Rimuru being so powerful was discussed in the later chapters of the WN. This was the explaination.
Oct 8, 2018 9:17 PM

Jul 2017
I am loving this anime so far~
Makes me wanna read the manga but I don't want spoilers.
It's a little slow paced so far, but the op, and the characters, and the animation are amazing
Oct 8, 2018 9:34 PM
Nov 2017
Spider-slime, Spider-slime.
Does whatever a...

That's all I got. :)
Oct 8, 2018 9:41 PM
Oct 2018
I dunno about this episode. The art style seems kind of flat and generic, which is a shame because episode 1 had some real creativity during the whole death/rebirth section. Also not a lot happened. Mostly just setup and the rest of episode 1's exposition dump. *Hopefully* that's all to get ready to hit the gas next episode, but if not I may end up dropping this by ep. 4. I just want some trashy fun wish-fulfillment out of this show and I know it's going there but I'd like it to get there faster.
Oct 8, 2018 10:14 PM

Mar 2010
Goblins are so cute in this anime
Oct 8, 2018 11:01 PM

Apr 2018
For those who are thinking that he may get op don't worry because the enemies that Rimuru will face in the future will be equally powerful if not then much more powerful than him.
Oct 8, 2018 11:34 PM

Oct 2017
Definitely better than the first episode. I like the dragon with all of his tsun tsun.
Hope they don't add some bad CG to cut some corners.
Oct 8, 2018 11:46 PM

May 2015
Rimuru ate Veldora like it was nothing! Slime OP!

Eat the snake! Eat everything!!!

What is that one game called? Seventh Cross Evolution? Yeah. This is going to end up like that, isn't it?

Well that answers one question:

And a slime becomes the leader of a goblin village. Well Rimuru better eat one of those wolves too. A wolf form is perfect for mobility!

Oh? TRUE is singing the ending theme too? Nice.
Oct 9, 2018 12:13 AM

Feb 2014
Sasuga vibes intensifies and this time its for a slime. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 9, 2018 12:18 AM

Dec 2015
i will just saying this
Daikenja is the best girl in this anime
Oct 9, 2018 12:34 AM

Aug 2017
If this has fighting animations that are even close to the animations in the opening we are in for not only an amazing story!
Oct 9, 2018 1:13 AM

Nov 2017

and thats how horny Goblin was made...
Now Loading.....
Oct 9, 2018 1:27 AM

Jun 2013
Not bad.. still feel that I like the manga better, but ill leave final judgement till the end of the anime. Still a sucker for Isekai though.
Oct 9, 2018 6:36 AM

Mar 2018
Being a manga reader who have already read to the most latest chapter, this episode kind off progressed slowly. But when it progressed slowly, it explained a lot of stuff quite thoroughly, sometimes even more thorough than the manga did, and I really like that :) Can't wait for the upcoming episodes
Oct 9, 2018 7:04 AM

Mar 2016
I'd say it was a pretty interesting episode, the first episode was just setting things up and seemed a bit calmer; but now I can feel the direction this anime's going to take a bit better. I'd say they're off to a pretty good start.
'Listen up, Simon. Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in the Kamina who believes in you!'

Oct 9, 2018 9:27 AM

Apr 2015
Now that they didn't try too hard the visuals flowed much better. Fairly interesting plot, I liked the second half quite a lot. Not a fan of the whole 'skill' crap which reeks too much of video game shit.
LanzOct 9, 2018 9:33 AM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

291 by Psicrom »»
May 28, 10:08 PM

» Watch order

Holy_Momo - Jan 27

19 by good4y0u »»
May 26, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2018

219 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

396 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

276 by knowndisc »»
Apr 28, 7:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.