Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 8, 2018 4:01 AM

Jan 2018
This is why I love Gintama crazy at its best I was expecting an apology but a trial that's even better
Will be waiting for end of sky
Oct 8, 2018 6:17 AM
Sep 2017
UH I DON'T KNOW WHY I LOVE THIS LITTLE SHIT XD
That Nisesugi scene make me burst out of laughing and when shinpachi comes out I was like, oh finally this scenes, uh stay strong my heart, and then i was like...
WHAT? WHAT WAS THAT?
that judgement scene killed me XD
Why Gintoki why XD it was so funny when they arrested Hijikata and I can't decided if I being angry or happy with all of hilarious scene. But, I know that gintama always will be my favorite anime and manga XD, thank you Gorilla-sensei, I love u very much XD

ps. english is not my native languange, and i know my english is very very awful XD
seikocchitaOct 8, 2018 6:21 AM
Oct 8, 2018 8:40 AM

Mar 2017
I...I don't know what to feel about that sudden cut
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Oct 8, 2018 8:44 AM
Oct 2007
Takasugisbitch99 said:
How the hell do they keep on letting Sorachi get away with this crap

When you bring in millions (or maybe even billions when we count games, merchandise, etc) for the company.

The first half was a masterpiece and the entire last episode was pretty perfect personally for me being Gintama. I think I'm glad that the author still have a bit more to go so that means another new season isn't totally out of the question!

Still waiting for some studio to pick up Bleach last arc, non-manga reader here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2018 9:05 AM
Apr 2018
I love how gintama is so self aware of its state. Honestly as the last episode of the anime for a while, it was pleasing and it fits perfectly
Oct 8, 2018 11:58 AM

Apr 2018
The ending was very much Gintama-like. I really hope we can see more Gintama and an end to the story.
Oct 8, 2018 12:27 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Maityoman said:
Can someone tell me, without spoiling anything, if this is the final season of Gintama or will there be another one?

It's not really clear yet. They tease that they're making another season, but then make it seem like a joke at the same time. IMO, I definitely think there will be more, but not for awhile. The anime is pretty close to the manga already, and the manga is monthly now. Who knows how long it'll be if it happens at all.

OT: This is honestly one of the best episodes of the entire series just for the second half alone. Only Gintama could pull something like this for a final episode(?) I love it so much.
Even worst, the manga isnt even monthly since GIGA is pretty inconsistent with its publishing. (anyway, thats what i've heard)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 8, 2018 12:41 PM

Jun 2015
Another episode goes down in history.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 8, 2018 4:46 PM

Jul 2015
Hilarious finale for the season!

But now I'll be stressed until the real anime ending is confirmed. :(

Thankfully my son wanted to watch the series, so I'm rewatching it with him xp
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Oct 8, 2018 7:16 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
We'll probably have one real final arc when the manga finishes. I was waiting for the reunion, but gotta wait for that.

Oct 8, 2018 8:37 PM
Mar 2015
The mangaka began trolling on the first page of the manga and went finish trolling until the Final Chapter is finished

Of course he told the anime staff that the manga would be finished three years ago

Glad we get more Gintama. The manga readers already knew this
Oct 8, 2018 11:28 PM

Sep 2016

I'm not even mad. Lol.
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Oct 9, 2018 12:42 AM

Dec 2013
That second half really caught me off guard. At least this means we will probably get more Gintama in the future.
Oct 9, 2018 8:36 AM

Feb 2016
Was really hoping for the trial part to be a skit or something, but damn... that was really abrupt, just like Hijikata said. Hopefully the new season wont take years to come out, even if it will then I'll just wait patiently as I read the manga ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
I click circles.
Oct 9, 2018 10:28 AM
Oct 2016
Pure Gintama genius, no other show can compare imo.

Such an incredible way to end things for a few years. Sorachi like all people has made mistakes, but ah well Gintama is truly a work of art.

I have to see the ending before I die lol.
Oct 9, 2018 4:53 PM
Apr 2013
Does anyone know what meaning/phrase they were referring to when they mentioned that "End of the sky" can "sound really vulgar"?
Oct 9, 2018 10:53 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Another end of the episode at the "Gintama style"!!!
Oct 10, 2018 6:13 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
TYOFS said:
Does anyone know what meaning/phrase they were referring to when they mentioned that "End of the sky" can "sound really vulgar"?
Idk about vulgar, but "sky" means "sora" in Japanese. And "End of Sora" is almost similar to "End of Sorachi".
Oct 10, 2018 8:00 AM
Feb 2016
Ughh i can never hate gintama even though they troll me hard this time damnn..but really the characters like shachi and asaimon got completely forgotten except in first eps??
Oct 10, 2018 9:43 AM

Jul 2017
Anguish_one7 said:
Ughh i can never hate gintama even though they troll me hard this time damnn..but really the characters like shachi and asaimon got completely forgotten except in first eps??

They're supposed to appear in this episode if the court didn't happen.
"The night is in its darkest just before dawn. But keep your eyes open. If you avert your eyes from the dark, you'll be blinded by the rays of a new day. So keep your eyes open, no matter how dark the night ahead may be."

- Gintoki Sakata
Oct 10, 2018 1:20 PM

Feb 2008
The Buddha segment almost made me attain enlightenment. Poor Tae... Still, the most curious court session in history dwarfed the spectacle.

God damn it, Gorrilla Mangaka, why do you troll us so?
Oct 15, 2018 2:39 PM

Dec 2015
I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the anime really does return.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 27, 2018 2:18 PM

May 2012
This is so Gintama to cut the episode halfway to actually explain how the author fucked up the ending :'D pretty damn hilarious and a fun yet weirdly enjoyable way to end this season if you ask me.

Quite loved the intense action of the main arc and the classic general Gintama atmosphere of the rest. Still I did hope this would've been the last!
Oct 28, 2018 7:12 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Honestly thought this was going to be the end.

Well got to hand it to Gintama when it comes to trolling.
Nov 2, 2018 2:46 AM

Oct 2013
Gintama should just really stick with slapstick, toilet humor which is this show's the best at instead of incorporating shounen-y battle arcs. Previous serious arcs like FA and Rakuyou battle were great but this Silver Soul arc was just a complete clusterfuck from the get-go and the way Utsuro was defeated was really underwhelming.

And just when things were starting to get good again during the timeskip, the show then ended abruptly. I don't really dig this kind of ending but if there's still a possibility of the anime continuing after that then I guess it's fine with me.

Nov 10, 2018 3:06 AM
Nov 2014
I don't understand why so many people are happy about this. This ending is the biggest fuck you ever seen in any anime. I've honestly had it with this series. If sorachi doesn't give a fuck about us I won't give a fuck about his stupid series.
Dec 3, 2018 5:16 AM

Mar 2015
I thought they were gonna go and rescue Shoyo's body and revive him? Looks like that plot point was scrapped in favor of the typical Gintama comedy that I've come to love, so I can overlook that. I really did want to see Gintoki reunite with everyone in Edo though, so that cutaway to the court trial was kinda annoying. This is a very abrupt ending to a show I've loved for so long, I did want something more meaningful. I don't know whether it'll come back, so sayonara Gintama.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Dec 8, 2018 3:16 PM

Mar 2018
Just finished watching.
Kind of confused as to what to expect next and this thread doesn't really help.
To the manga readers : are they continuing the serious story with the heart of utsuro in the manga ? is the manga still continuing ?
If anyone has any reliable infos regarding the possible next season.

Kinda got into it thinking it was actually the end and now I'm optimistic. Please let my favorite anime of all time continue.

Dec 8, 2018 7:22 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Oz1888 said:
To the manga readers : are they continuing the serious story with the heart of utsuro in the manga ? is the manga still continuing ?
If anyone has any reliable infos regarding the possible next season.
In the manga, the serious story continues. Gintoki interrupting Shinpachi's moment doesn't happen in the manga and the manga continues that Shinpachi moment.
No information on the new season though. Gintama is having another Matsuri event in February(?) next year, and they might announce a new season during that event.
GoldenDevilGamerDec 8, 2018 8:06 PM
Dec 22, 2018 6:57 AM

Mar 2016
Gintoki has reach SUMMIT ENLIGHTENMENT!!! Gintoki escaped? This is really rare!

Shinpachi's cool moment got cut short by the usual Gintama Ending Announcement...

SO basically, Gintama moved from ump (publish every week) to GIGA (publish randomly/every season?) huh... That just made seeing the perfect ending Sorachi wanted Gintama to have in animated form to still be a good amount of time until then!

This part 2 of the Silver Soul Arc is definitely better than Part 1. Besides what's happening in the arc, the other main things that still amazed me is how the story and characters have all come since the beginning of Gintama. There's just 1 more mission (that I know of) for Shouyo's disciple from now on... To rescue their sensei! (Might be different)

Well, I'm excited and interested in how a show like Gintama will end... Beautiful, Cheerful, Sad, Awesome, Infuriating... However the ending will be, if they included the first Gintama Opening in the outro of the true last episode, then it'll definitely hit me with feels and nostalgia.
I'll be hoping and waiting for the next arc to come...

Jan 12, 2019 7:05 AM

Oct 2013
Looks like this is the original ending for the anime, lol no joke sin'ce it's a gag anime... but for real tho i'm hoping for a "real" ending, and yeah kinda sad because we won't be getting new season of Gintama anytime soon since the manga author fcked up the pacing.

But i'm glad at the sametime knowing Gintama series won't be over yet. There's still hope for new season, this season is pretty great i laughed my ass off, i needed that, in fact i need Gintama in my life.

Overall score 10/10, will be missed always
Jan 15, 2019 3:20 AM
May 2018
I hope the series returns, sometime this year.
I'm more excited about real Tagasuki & Shinsfake, then Utsuro.
I love how they just cut away & announce the season ending just when Shinpachi was finally about to get the spotlight. the timing of it made be chuckle so bad.
Jan 27, 2019 6:38 AM

Jan 2014
First part and second of this season was average. Bad animation and art. Jokes about poop in every episode.

Gintama is not good anymore.

Feb 22, 2019 2:46 PM

May 2018
Thanks for all. We will miss you. 10/10
Feb 28, 2019 9:17 PM

Dec 2015
the animation was really bad in the first half but the story kept me hooked a very Gintama like ending i hope the anime continue as the manga a very unique and touching story :)
Mar 19, 2019 4:51 PM

Jun 2013
this episode sums up what gintama is
Jun 12, 2019 4:04 AM

Jan 2018
So, the gorilla f**ked things up? That trial is quite superb.

Anyways, can't wait for the really, not scam, finale of Gintama. 9/10

Sugita Tomokazu/Gintoki = Deadpool
Jul 14, 2019 8:52 PM
Sep 2018
hahaha they made the perfect opening for the last season and it turns out it isn't the last season gosh did they troll us
Jul 22, 2019 8:31 AM

May 2015
Welp and now i have to wait. :(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 30, 2019 10:06 AM
May 2013
Finally was able to watch last episode today... but sad to see it gone, as I watch whole series of this anime 😭😭😭😭😭
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 16, 2019 2:00 PM
Jul 2018
Finished this 2nd final arc 3 weeks ago while i was off the net, the abrupt end was unsatisfying to say the least for all the build ups, so many thing weren't finalize and abandoned itself to announce the sudden end. I hope they do get a sponsor or this will be one of the worst ending even for this kind of anime.
Sep 28, 2019 11:55 AM
Apr 2018
Absolutely fucking hilarious again. I'd be perfectly happy if we never get another season. This was a perfect way to end Gintama. I was really growing tired of the serious stuff, Gintama is at its best doing wacky comedy. And what better way to end than with exactly that. I absolutely adore the idea of Gintama being shot on a set by characters who exist outside of it.
Nov 25, 2019 1:00 AM

Nov 2016
A definite improvement over the first half of Silver Soul. 8/10
Nov 26, 2019 12:49 PM
Apr 2016
Okay, so the author is to blame for the shit animation, sloppiness, awkwardness, and more. Good to have a vessel for my hatred towards the silver soul arc adaptation quality. Well, this episode was great! It was funny, and beautiful! It was very beautiful when Shinpachi did the thing at the bridge. Time to wait for the movie sequel!
Nov 30, 2019 12:03 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao what a random second half of the final episode of this series. But that's how Gintama's always been no? Will be missed!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 9, 2020 3:41 PM

Sep 2017
The years have been rough for Gintama, with this season encapsulating either the lack of a budget, talent, or motivation. It was honestly sad at times watching how poor the animation had gotten. I won't let that distract from how otherwise great this season was. The end of the Silver Soul arc was phenomenal, and those last six episodes in particular are among my favorite from the entire series (and they looked way better than the final Utsuro fight too, for some reason). Seeing a "Where Are They Now" for every character was something I really wanted, and I'm glad to see every character seemingly fulfill their goals. While I can't with good conscious look past the poor animation, the last six episodes really hold up this season for me and propel it to much greater heights. I'm intrigued to see where the story goes from here. 8/10.

And at long last, after over 500 days, I've caught up to Gintama. What a ride. I won't tell Sunrise to rush the next season (or is it a movie, I'm confused about this) out, considering how the Utsuro finale went, but I can't wait!
Feb 26, 2020 2:11 PM

May 2016
The last long Journey ends here feeling the void right now...

Now have to hit the manga. 9/10
Mar 21, 2020 8:10 AM

Jan 2013
It's good that I just saw the announcement for a new Gintama season otherwise this would've been really unsatisfying to end on.
I know that this is exactly what they're known to do but I dont think this is the way to end such a legendary show.

That said, the entire Silver Soul arc was amazing and Gintama as a whole was a pleasant surprise for me.
The start was rough for me to get into but that's because I've not experienced an anime like Gintama before.

The journey (so far) has been a blast, 10/10 for Gintama as a whole!
Mar 21, 2020 11:58 AM

Mar 2017
PrOxAnto said:
It's good that I just saw the announcement for a new Gintama season otherwise this would've been really unsatisfying to end on.
I know that this is exactly what they're known to do but I dont think this is the way to end such a legendary show.

That said, the entire Silver Soul arc was amazing and Gintama as a whole was a pleasant surprise for me.
The start was rough for me to get into but that's because I've not experienced an anime like Gintama before.

What? Where did you see the announcement? Is it that 3rd movie?

That aside, the trial was funny but I am too disappointed to even laugh, really seems like a big "FUCK YOU" for anime-only fan.
Mar 21, 2020 2:03 PM

Jan 2013
BlueIsLove said:
PrOxAnto said:

What? Where did you see the announcement? Is it that 3rd movie?

That aside, the trial was funny but I am too disappointed to even laugh, really seems like a big "FUCK YOU" for anime-only fan.

Yeah the continuation that was later claimed to be a third movie!

And yes it did feel like that, hence why I'm not as disappointed as I normally would be if I didnt learn about this news :)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 30, 2018

77 by tomoe22 »»
May 24, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 26, 2018

95 by tomoe22 »»
May 23, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 19, 2018

101 by tomoe22 »»
May 22, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 12, 2018

62 by tomoe22 »»
May 21, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 2, 2018

79 by HyperNova06 »»
Apr 28, 3:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.