Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 18, 2018 10:41 PM
Jul 2016
Hatsuyuki said:
Filler next week, not a fan therefore will skip. This arc in general (so far) feels very underwhelming after the events of the previous arc. Another thing i would love is if this series would at least try to distance itself from the arc formats it has used ever since its conception, namely the training and tournaments arcs.

Well, this is a school for heroes. What do you expect, they suddenly become stronger without doing anything besides fighting villains? School doesn't work that way.
Aug 18, 2018 11:01 PM

Feb 2011
Excanduit said:
Hatsuyuki said:
Filler next week, not a fan therefore will skip. This arc in general (so far) feels very underwhelming after the events of the previous arc. Another thing i would love is if this series would at least try to distance itself from the arc formats it has used ever since its conception, namely the training and tournaments arcs.

Well, this is a school for heroes. What do you expect, they suddenly become stronger without doing anything besides fighting villains? School doesn't work that way.

You do realize a story can go in different directions regardless of its setting right ? All you have to do as an author is be a little bit daring. He's repeating the same thing over and over again because it's successful for now. Take Hideout Raid arc for example, that was a bit different, and that's probably why it's my favorite arc so far.
Aug 18, 2018 11:23 PM
Jul 2017
Lelouch0202 said:

Lot of focus and shots of Uraraka and her 'feelings', I don't recall it being stressed this much in the manga but I guess it's just that the anime is making it feel more powerful.

I'm almost positive that this adaption was just as the manga content is. Maybe it's been a while since you've read it

And I too am hyped for the filler. This show has always been entertaining and i'm sure they will do a good job with the filler episode as well
Aug 18, 2018 11:32 PM
Jul 2016
Hatsuyuki said:
Excanduit said:

You do realize a story can go in different directions regardless of its setting right ? All you have to do as an author is be a little bit daring. He's repeating the same thing over and over again because it's successful for now. Take Hideout Raid arc for example, that was a bit different, and that's probably why it's my favorite arc so far.

It's definitely good to have those arcs all the time but you have to consider that this series is one of the biggest series of shounen jump right now and they probably want to prolong it and keep the story going so I couldn't blame them if they repeat some of their old stuff because it will become tiring to think of new arcs to explore in the long run.
Aug 19, 2018 2:10 AM

Jul 2017
They let us the good part of the episode at the very end just to let you know the next episode is gonna be filler... that sucks :/
Aug 19, 2018 2:49 AM

Mar 2018
Help Us Company. Lollll
Aug 19, 2018 2:53 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
Sometimes out-of-the-blue filler can be a nice surprise, but in this case, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed when I saw the episode preview. They're stretching out this arc enough already... I just want to see my boi Miriooooo @_@
Aug 19, 2018 3:39 AM

Nov 2013
What rating ?
'R-18'

LOOOL mineta
Aug 19, 2018 4:31 AM

Nov 2015
Wasn't Gang Orca totally defeated by the time All Might arrived to fight against All for one? He does not seem that badass to me at all.
Aug 19, 2018 5:27 AM
May 2015
I find uraraka's moments very annoying... Like yes, she has feelings towards Deku, we get it now, stop thinking about it in the middle of an exam during minutes, it break all the immersion and the "emergency" of the situation

Apart from that, this episode is like the rest of this arc, not amazing but entertaining. But after the 10 firsts episodes of the season, it feels kinda disappointing
Aug 19, 2018 6:06 AM

Dec 2015
It was definitely an improvement from the last 4-5 episodes, but it was still just like an ordinary show. Damnn, how I miss the All for One arc
Aug 19, 2018 7:01 AM

Aug 2011
That was kind of filler-ish but I did enjoy Uraraka's character development.

» Escapism.

Aug 19, 2018 9:20 AM

Apr 2015
Good episode, Uraraka being jealous. I really hope the Midoriya and Uraraka ship sails.

That timing on the filler episode next week... I can only ask why now lol
Aug 19, 2018 9:59 AM

Dec 2015
uraraka truly is best girl
Aug 19, 2018 11:38 AM

Jul 2013
Boring episode. Can't wait for this whole test arc to be over.
Aug 19, 2018 1:54 PM

May 2015
Welp looks like Deku wont smash Uraraka's body in near future.

"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 19, 2018 2:57 PM
Aug 2017
I feel like the pacing for this arc is on the slow side. It's a good ep, but I'd really have loved to see gang orca introduced halfway through it, so we can see some action. Whenever I read this arc I thought they'd be able to fit the rescue part into one ep, but it looks like they're going for two or three. Oh well, more mha for me so it's not that bad
Aug 19, 2018 6:42 PM

Dec 2009
Next episode is a tie-in episode with the movie so I'm okay with it
Aug 19, 2018 7:39 PM

Jan 2013
Another great episode.
This will be hard, and it's obvious that UA has a disadvantage over the others, at least this is what was shown.

But honestly, what worried me the most is what Uraraka said, i get why she feels like this and it's better but i want her to be with Midoriya xD I think that this will affect the anime in general, in a way that she or he will have to confess.

Working in smaller groups is always better, i hope that they will pick up the pace in the next episode, they probably will since it will involve fighting, and when it comes to fighting UA students think really fast about a good solution to do both things.

I wonder if the villains will attack the rescue post because it seemed that they were running towards that place.
So, the next episode will be an original? Like it will talk about a different story and the week after the story about rescuing will continue? Or that the next episode is new because it doesn't exist in the manga? Probably the 2nd, but let's see.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 19, 2018 9:06 PM

Apr 2016
This second half feels quite mundane. Idk mayb because the first half was too good thay it feels this way.
Aug 20, 2018 5:04 AM

Mar 2018
Nate77 said:
This second half feels quite mundane. Idk mayb because the first half was too good thay it feels this way.

That's part of the problem yes. But let's be honest, even if it happened after something less exciting, it still would be uninterresting because it simply is the weakest part of the manga. And they're not making it better by adding fillers...
Aug 20, 2018 5:12 AM
Mar 2018
Me I read the manga and you'll be surprised by the issue of this test!
Aug 20, 2018 10:10 AM

Oct 2015
Still the same o'l BnHA with the gratuitous drama with the characters who were begrudgingly involved for who know's sake.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Aug 20, 2018 11:15 AM

May 2009
This episode was a "meh" for me overall as it took to long to bring in Gang Orca/crew, though was an episode with some key moments mixed in that are likely to be overlooked given the structure of the episode, the setting, and the impending filler episode to follow.

Key Takeaways:
1. Uraraka is coming to the realization of her own motivations and progress to becoming a hero is being held back, or clouded by her feelings towards Deku. Maybe it's best she find her own way as a hero instead of emulating him. Although, I anticipate this will lead to very poor decisions down the road, where she takes this new goal a bit too far. This ship is about to take some damage.
2. This exercise is a taste the pain and sacrifice involved in being a hero, which only a few truly understand. More examples of the roles/importance of characters like Momo, who are more wits than having a potent quirk.
3. Uraraka is still not remarkable in any particular aspect of being a hero. She's going to have to come to terms with it soon - and/or drastically improve in some way.
4. H.U.C. are very intelligent and intentional in what they're doing, so I am curious in how they learn these skills they have.
Aug 20, 2018 3:35 PM

Aug 2017
Well I agree with everyone in saying this was a pretty slow episode. Still pretty enjoyable tho.

Lol poor Deku being harassed for unintentionally seeing Cammie naked. He ain’t like you pervs, Mineta and Denki! (Dat cute smile from Cammie tho...like with Toga, I have mixed feelings about her...)

Dang Class 1A actually we’re the amateurs in this episode. Being a hero is definitely more than just fighting bad guys. Good stuff. Bakugos gonna struggle on this part lol.

All this competition is shaking up Uraraka...she better make her move ASAP!

And finnally Gang Orca being the villain in this part of the test. He looks pretty badass :D. Gonna be a while tho since we’ll be getting a special episode next...well as long as it’s for a good cause!
Aug 20, 2018 6:05 PM
Isekai Trash

Mar 2016
Wasn’t expecting much from the episode, but I liked it once I finished it. It was a slow build episode with some character growth and left me with a good bit of hype for the episode after next weeks filler. I’m excited to hopefully see some good fight sequences.
Hug_LyfeAug 21, 2018 10:26 AM
Aug 20, 2018 6:14 PM

Apr 2015
Will be disappointed if Ochaco doesn't confess by the end of this season
Aug 22, 2018 12:40 AM

Oct 2008
Most hilarious scene of this episode: Bakugo sayin': "Shut up! Save yourselves!"
that's really him! personality wise! lolz
Damn! this is very little too much! a top 10 ranking hero..that's strong! multitask to the maxx! rescuing while fighting mock villain hero!
protect or fight? help or run!? damn hard choices!
These test are hardcore and testing them to their very limit!
5/5!

Aug 22, 2018 12:43 AM

Dec 2013
Wow said:

Is this your first shounen series?
Aug 22, 2018 12:56 PM
Nov 2016
Comedy centric episode.

Gang orca is here!!!
Aug 22, 2018 12:57 PM
Nov 2016
Wow said:

Bruh, this is a shounen series with all the makings of a long running manga/anime. Remember how long it took for Sakura and Sasuke/ Naruto and Hinata to get together?
Aug 25, 2018 10:10 AM
Aug 2018
The next episode is promising, but I hope that will be the last filler ep!
Aug 26, 2018 12:31 AM
May 2017
I think this arc has been pretty bland. I don't care as much about every struggle as I used to. It's not because they aren't risking their lives fighting villains, the sports festival arc in season 2 was amazing despite that.
Aug 26, 2018 9:30 PM

Sep 2011
Hatsuyuki said:

You do realize this is neither a training arc or a tournament arc right?
Aug 29, 2018 6:45 PM

Mar 2016
Good episode and a good promotion about the upcoming film .I dont see the reason why some of you got angry...

Sep 3, 2018 10:45 AM
Dec 2015
Yoarashi is cancelled.
Sep 14, 2018 9:09 PM

Dec 2014
things get abrupt all of the sudden.. well I guess that was to be expected… I don’t think all of class A will pass…
Sep 19, 2018 5:26 AM

Mar 2014
Mora reminded me of Herma-Mora from the Elder Scrolls games lol (what with the "tentacles" and single eye showing)

Low-key proud of Uraraka being able to "put away" her feelings for Deku so she can focus on the task at hand

Sep 20, 2018 1:50 AM

Jul 2013
I'm glad Ochako's finally focused on her training and not with her feelings with Deku because it really just gets in the way, aside from the fact that it's been overused cause it was funny the first couple of times. As far as I'm concerned these kids are, well, kids and should focus more on their hero training and not on this stupid romance bullshit. Not every anime has to have romance in it to be good in fact I think that's the reason why Oda is not using this romance trope in One Piece cause it will ruin everything.
Sep 28, 2018 5:36 PM

May 2010
I get it's important part of hero's profession, but it got kinda boring :x
Oct 4, 2018 8:03 AM

Aug 2015
Gang Orca is probably the most badass looking hero in this anime
...At least let me finish.

Oct 4, 2018 9:49 AM

May 2012
This sure is quite the exam, especially with such an ending! Looking forwards to see how Deku will handle it!
Oct 7, 2018 12:26 PM

Feb 2015
I really hope Uravity really buries her feelings for Deku... she should just focus on being a hero than a possible romance... and i'll like her better that way.

That being said, Gang Orca's design looks freaking cool.
Oct 10, 2018 7:04 AM

Mar 2016
Wut? Sero is dealing with R-18 information to Kaminari and Mineta? His 'curiosity' from a few episodes ago makes sense now, reactions are normal though. Confirmed! Another member has joined the pervert squad boiiiiss!

Mineta and Kaminari pressuring Deku about his encounter with Camie were hilarious!

Meanwhile, since Uraraka's love for Deku is really interrupting her work, she has decided to seal it away! Woah, this might be some serious character personality shift!

Gang Orca, one of the best hero in the world, it's exciting to see him and his pod (whale pack) here to disrupt the evacuation works.
Oct 28, 2018 8:43 PM

Jul 2013
Wtf? Professional victims? That's unexpected :D

Oh god the beginning was so funny. Mineta and Kaminari were so jealous for Midoriya seeing Camie naked. I mean who wouldn't in this situation. It was all over when Camie began to wave to Midoriya :D

Can't say what I should think about that Moura guy. He seems to be a reasonable person. But Yoarashi definitely has a grudge against Endeavor. I'm curious why he hates him and Todoroki so much.

Ochaku seems to be jealous and confused about the situation between Midoriya and Camie.

And then the test began where they had to rescue persons out of a disaster area. You could see that the 1-A doesn't had to much experience with this.

Hmm I'm not sure what will happen now that Ochaku is about to put her feelings beside for Midoriya.

Overall there was a lot of good teamwork and everything so far seemed fine. Bakugou was just to hilarious. "SAVE YOURSELF", typical Bakugou xD

To make things just worse Gang Orca is the enemy who will attack the students and the victims. Even Aizawa that it isn't easy to rescue people and stopping enemies at the same time. Gang Orca is the 10th strongest hero. This will be brutal for sure.

Nov 6, 2018 4:59 PM

May 2013
Omg, HUC characters are so funny and creepy, esp the old babies xD I'm deds

Haha, Gang Orca ranks #3 on heroes who look like villains X) I wonder if Endeaver ranks 1 there lulz :P Baku is gonna take #1 for sure once he's a pro hero lmao. Real villains wanted to recruit him after all

Poor Ochako so jelly; just keep it professional on the work field and drool all you want over Deku during off time, gurl XD it's possible to be both a heroine AND wifey, y'know ;D

Deku has so many girls flocking to him and he's not even pro level yet, ayyyeeeeee. Go get em, tiger

I wonder if Endeaver did anything related to baldy with the wind quirk that makes him hate Todo's family so much D:
Kokoro_KotashimaNov 6, 2018 5:02 PM
May 12, 2019 7:08 PM

May 2016
Professional Rescuees sounds like a strange occupation but they live in a superpowered society after all. It was great watching everyone give their all to help rescue the people in need regardless of their experience but Gang Orca's arrived to make it more difficult for them.

Ochako, don't sink your own ship before it even sailed... You better have your feelings for Deku return right after all of this.

May 21, 2019 11:17 AM
Jan 2018
??? They never actually had any lesson's in actually saving people
May 31, 2019 12:27 AM

Mar 2015
Showing what it means to be a hero i.e. more than just fighting and superpowers. No complaints here!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 31, 2020 1:47 PM

Mar 2019
I still don't know who are the others in the top "heroes who look like villains".Probably Endeavor and the naruto rip-off one.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Song name?

infinite_Shadows - May 27

8 by matthewy2006 »»
May 28, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

124 by Darzaka »»
May 26, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

468 by AndoRando »»
May 16, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

188 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 14, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2018

161 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 14, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.