Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2018 3:12 PM

Sep 2015
Shiroyasha_97 said:
Yeah Gintama is back for one last time

And the review from salty haters with "go fk", " Gintama fans die" , "TRASH" reviews is also back

It's quite ironic how fans of an anime that trolls their audience, can simultaneously be trolled by so many haters of said anime. It's actually hilarious how bad they are at trolling us though, so I'll just sit back and eat my popcorn.
Jan 7, 2018 3:21 PM

Nov 2007
In case anyone's wondering, here is the sequence from the ending:

[From Left to Right, Top to Bottom] Gintoki, Shiroyasha (complete overlap), Takasugi, Katsura (Zura), Sakamoto, Hattori, Surutobi (Sacchan-san), Tae (Otae), Kyuubei (Kyuu-chan), Tsukuyo (Tsukki), Tama, Kintoki, Nobume, Sougo, Hijikata, Kondou, Shinpachi (Shin-chan), Kagura (Leader), Gintoki and those who would protect Edo (including some characters I never would have thought make appearances again).

Absolutely loved it! ❤
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 7, 2018 3:25 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
shanimebib said:

[From Left to Right, Top to Bottom] Gintoki, Shiroyasha (complete overlap), Takasugi, Katsura (Zura), Sakamoto, Hattori, Surutobi (Sacchan-san), Tae (Otae), Kyuubei (Kyuu-chan), Tsukuyo (Tsukki), Tama, Kintoki, Nobume, Sougo, Hijikata, Kondou, Shinpachi (Shin-chan), Kagura (Leader), Gintoki and those who would protect Edo (including some characters I never would have thought make appearances again).

Absolutely loved it! ❤
When this happened in the ED, I started tearing up! This is so, so good ^_^
Jan 7, 2018 3:38 PM

Nov 2007
GoldenDevilGamer said:
shanimebib said:

Gintoki, Shiroyasha (complete overlap), Takasugi, Katsura (Zura), Sakamoto, Hattori, Surutobi (Sacchan-san), Tae (Otae), Kyuubei (Kyuu-chan), Tsukuyo (Tsukki), Tama, Kintoki, Nobume, Sougo, Hijikata, Kondou, Shinpachi (Shin-chan), Kagura (Leader), Gintoki and those who would protect Edo (including some characters I never would have thought make appearances again).

Absolutely loved it! ❤

Same here! I was really moved.

Also, I am surprised and overjoyed at the same time that I could identify all of the characters from either the hilt of their katana or the way they hold their kunai (excluding the obvious ones of Sakamoto, Otae, Tama and Kagura of course because of their unique weapons). That's how much I have invested myself in Gintama.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 7, 2018 3:55 PM

May 2014
Such an amazing ep to start off the last season. Really hyped for this.
Jan 7, 2018 4:19 PM

Dec 2014
shanimebib said:

Absolutely loved it! ❤

Thank you for this. <3
Jan 7, 2018 4:40 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
shanimebib said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Same here! I was really moved.

Also, I am surprised and overjoyed at the same time that I could identify all of the characters from either the hilt of their katana or the way they hold their kunai (excluding the obvious ones of Sakamoto, Otae, Tama and Kagura of course because of their unique weapons). That's how much I have invested myself in Gintama.
The only one I wasn't sure about was Nobume's sword. But yeah, now I can sort of see the concave cut-in on Nobume's sword's hilt in that picture. Anyways, thanks for that pic!
Jan 7, 2018 5:02 PM

Feb 2014
Can I still watch this if I haven't seen Gintama Porori-hen and Gintama Aizome Kaori-hen? I have seen all the other Gintama seaons.
Jan 7, 2018 5:09 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Michaels_World said:
Can I still watch this if I haven't seen Gintama Porori-hen and Gintama Aizome Kaori-hen? I have seen all the other Gintama seaons.
Yes, you can watch this season without watching the others. Porori-hen is just a compilation of comedy arcs that were skipped in Gintama°, but none of those arcs bring up any plot-point that's relevant to the final arc.
Jan 7, 2018 5:58 PM

Nov 2012
Good start for the final season, they nailed the pacing perfectly.
Jan 7, 2018 6:01 PM

Aug 2014
SPICE ME UP DADAAAAAAAAAAY
Jan 7, 2018 6:07 PM

Jul 2016
This show is perfect.

MADAO is GOD.
Jan 7, 2018 6:29 PM

Jul 2016
That was excellent! Great to see that the GOATAMA is finally back! Honestly Porori-hen was kind of a let down in terms of Gintama standards. It was the first Gintama anything (That was official, so movies count but not OVAs and such) that had gotten a ranking out of the Top 50. 2017 Also had some major pacing issues and the animation did drop down at times., that was still a phenomenal season however.

But this episode was great! It truly felt like Gintama was back. The Madao part at the start was great! I was hella laughing when they said he could be the final villain xDD Sorry Utsuro. It was also nice seeing everyone giving their requests to Odd Jobs.

The Opening's Visuals were great! However for song I am not the biggest fan. For the Past 3 Gintama Openings (2015 OP 4- Porori-hen OP) I loved every song. However this song just does not deliver as much for me. I am sure it will grow on me eventually. However I found myself really liking the Ending this time around. The style of it was very cool and the song itself was great as well

Overall 5/5. Glad to see Gintama back!
Jan 7, 2018 6:44 PM
Dec 2016
Wow finally.

I cried when Odd Jobs banner broken. (hmm cried for first half of the episode actually)

The jokes, the analogy is amusing, though i'm so hard to be laughing, i'm still amused.

I miss them so much and I get to see them. And I miss the old days :'/

I dont read the manga yet but I hope this season didn't disappoint me, and going to be the best season ever.. because it's a final season.
greycldJan 7, 2018 6:48 PM
Jan 7, 2018 6:58 PM

Nov 2015
Really good first episode. Seeing Madao with the job request was really unexpected, quite the bad ass in this EP. I ***king love the ending. Made me a bit emotional.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Jan 7, 2018 7:20 PM

Dec 2013
Time for the final season! Loving that new opening:)

I’m looking forward to the “negotiations” in the next episode lol
Jan 7, 2018 7:32 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Oh boy! What an amazing start to the final season of Gintama! :') That new OP is lit af! And dayum, there are so many faces whom I'm never seen in a loooooong time from the anime!

Hasegawa was so cool with his speech. It's been several years since I've seen him wear the Immigration Bureau Chief uniform. But in the end he got clobbered by the bad guys. xD So much for looking cool. xP

So awesome! Excited to see the rest! :) Will this adapt all chapters of the final arc from the manga?
Jan 7, 2018 7:49 PM

Feb 2017
Amazing OP
Amazing pacing
Way above expectations art and animation
Amazing ED

5/5 all the way hope this season follows this way throughout till the end - Gintama deserves it.
"Dirty, money-grubbing Clorfors. Tried to clorf me right out of my money. Blew those little bastards up is what I did!"
Jan 7, 2018 9:10 PM

Sep 2009
i loved how madao constantly met my expectations for his character, but then completely went above them multiple times throughout this episode. i wasn't expecting him to give all his hard "earned" money to yorozuya in the end, and i have to admit that that scene was super emotion heavy especially when otae and otose gave their own job requests as well.

the op/ed had the biggest impact for me. i didn't love the opening song as much as i've loved the ones by spyair and does, but i still found its overall atmosphere as well as the animation both extremely fitting. having it not end on the usual view of the yorosuya trio also left a strong impact as well. the ending was phenomenal. the song was enjoyable and i liked the overall pencil drawing aesthetic. the flashes back to everyone we've lost along the way was also amazing. definitely a huge step up for me compared to the recent ops/eds.
Jan 7, 2018 9:13 PM
Jan 2018
Finally made a MAL account!

Im crying throughout ep 1 even though Madao and Catherine are as funny as ever. Is it because of the war setting? The recap in the beginning with Sho-chan? All the people of Edo fighting together? Or maybe because it's the final arc?

I remember watching Gintama 10 years ago. At first I didnt like it but when I watched it the second time then it entered the Benizakura arc, it became my favorite.

I know it will stay awesome til the end.

reijeanneJan 8, 2018 5:06 AM
Jan 7, 2018 9:28 PM
Sep 2012
Great episode overall, i miss this kind gintama so much. I hope it's not split cour :((
Jan 7, 2018 9:34 PM

Oct 2011
Opening Ending song Epic! !!3
Jan 7, 2018 10:21 PM

Dec 2014
Madao and his coolness I really liked gintama in all of his in all of this in never ceases to amaze me....
Jan 7, 2018 10:28 PM
Jan 2018
It's the beginning of the end.

I am so sad to watch my favorite and one of the most amazing anime end.

The first episode already starts off the last season with a bang:

Nice animation, great OP and ED, and of course, humor, epicness, action, and tears all combined in one episode. The beginning with MADAO's usual habits, and suddenly he becomes super badass as he protects the child and says an epic monologue (but of course it gets ruined). The job requests and the real reason why MADAO collected all those coins was so impactful; almost cried. Of course the Yorozuya's entrance was epic! Great to see those three again.

It's been great to stick with this anime all the way from the beginning, and now we finally reached its climax. I can't wait to see how it all ends!
Jan 7, 2018 11:43 PM

Mar 2016
And thus begins the final arc of Gintama!

The OP was great. Loved the ED more though. The visuals and the song. Amazing <3

Starts with a classic Madao joke xD Him trying to get the coin from under the vending machine and people thinking he's stuck tries to get him out LOL. It was really nice moment seeing him saving up and everyone else as well giving the Yorozuya a job request. LOL'd at Sacchan wrapping herself up as a job request. I was expecting to see Prince Hata again, re-uniting with Hasegawa xD

Due to an unexpected breakdown this terminal will be suspending operations for the day
Loved the terminal and dick jokes xDD

Great to see Saigo and Katsuo again as well. And that ending with the Nobunobu, Sakamoto and Katsura.
Hyped for the next episode :D

Jan 7, 2018 11:44 PM
Dec 2016
That Madao monologue followed by that horrible hilarious anti-climax was too much too handle.

Also the great Edo war is starting, the actual warring states period got nothing on this.

Also the opening and ending were great.
Jan 7, 2018 11:47 PM

Mar 2016
shanimebib said:

Absolutely loved it! ❤

Thank you! This is amazing! Loved that part of the ED <3

Jan 8, 2018 12:00 AM

Nov 2015
AHHHHH THE NEW OP <3

I laughed so hard how they still consider Shinpachi as a glasses even in the OP
many funny moments as if the old comedy Gintama is back , but why the graphics quality are the same as Rukuyo-hen ? I prefer Gintama 2015 quality
well still it was a perfect episode , 10/10
Jan 8, 2018 12:26 AM
Jul 2009
As I've said before, don't want it to be over since Gintama is like some life support that keeps me going from all this cancer. Gintama itself being the most cancerous one.

Beginning with Madao was great, btw, it's been ages since we last saw him with his shades off.

Gintama/10
Jan 8, 2018 1:03 AM
Aug 2016
I am so hyped after watching op and ed (I also no lot of spoilers, mostly till chap 653 of manga). But I would like to know how is the animation quality? Is it good as SA and FS arcs? Or is it like Rakuyou arc (slightly lower, but still lovely) ?
Jan 8, 2018 1:09 AM
Jun 2017
the final arc of Gintama has been aired and i love its first episode...
Jan 8, 2018 1:21 AM
Jan 2018
I hope I don’t sound dumb,but why did thy decide to make this an entirely different show? And it doesn’t take place after the phantom glasses arc but rather the Rakuyo arc?
Jan 8, 2018 2:15 AM

Sep 2017
Camilla_Diamond said:
I hope I don’t sound dumb,but why did thy decide to make this an entirely different show? And it doesn’t take place after the phantom glasses arc but rather the Rakuyo arc?

Porori hen( the season that aired in fall) was unadapted arcs from before S.A arc. That's why it's called a slip arc, they explain it in the 1st episode. And the season airing now, is the continuation of rakuyo, the rest of the story. The previous season was like bonus thing.
Jan 8, 2018 2:40 AM
May 2010
Finally the start of the end. The OP is good, the song is nice (still want Spyair or Does to come back though) and the visual is hype. I love seeing the main characters with all their sidekick, it really gives the impression that this arc will be massive.

The ending though, THE ENDING. Goodness, it's perfect. The song is great (sasuga Burnout Syndrome) but the visual is the real masterpiece here. it's really is simple but GOOD LARD it's awesome.

From each of the main trio pasts to the hand rising sword, all of them are marvelous. Especially the part where they show the tragedies from the big arcs, as someone who has watched gintama from episode 1, this part made me teared up a little. It's totally my favorite part.

Gintama silver arc kicks up with a good start and boy I can't wait to watch the next episode.
Jan 8, 2018 3:12 AM

Oct 2017
Oooooh it's finally here and the first episode itself was so amazing! Feeling a bit sad cause its the final arc of Gintama but excited AF! I really don't want this to end :'( Let's hope that this arc is gonna be the best arc ever!

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
Jan 8, 2018 3:36 AM

Mar 2015
When I saw Prince Hata, I cheered.
Jan 8, 2018 4:19 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
This is the best 1st episode, OP and ED since Gintama'. All of the recurring characters from years ago in the OP and the sketchy animation in ED was just great.

Even though I already read it I still can't help myself but laugh at Madao getting hero to zero lol!

To commemorate Prince Baka's return

So excited because I'm going to see these two in the later episodes. But more badass
AntagonizedJan 8, 2018 4:23 AM
Jan 8, 2018 4:27 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Decent start I guess, just hope the arc will live up to the hype long-term

New OP was pretty great
Jan 8, 2018 4:42 AM
May 2015
OMG, Gintam... I will miss you so bad... this first episode was real Gintama, derp faces, silly Gintoki and epic 24 minutes. I hope Gintama ends in a perfect way so we can remember this anime as a masterpiece.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2018 5:08 AM
Apr 2016
Man another Naruto oh boy this is astonishing. Can't even say if I want them to end here or make a series out of Gintoki's son (??), but either way this is a masterpiece.
Re:formed
Jan 8, 2018 5:11 AM

Oct 2015
So I guess this is the last season. This first episode was already amazing.

I barely remember the story from the previous arcs.

Where is the Shinsengumi? I know they were disbanded, but where are their members?

Also, how is the manga? Is it the final chapters yet, or still the climax?
Jan 8, 2018 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
Slim_Lamie said:

Where is the Shinsengumi? I know they were disbanded, but where are their members?

Shinsengumu went in hiding, i think. I don’t remember much either.
And the manga is still in the climax, hasn’t ended yet.
Jan 8, 2018 5:43 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
and this is a truth, the 15 firsts minutes were the best in all the time!!!!
Jan 8, 2018 5:56 AM

May 2017
Wow it was a perfect start to the season good to see katsura at the end and now I can't control for a week
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2018 7:00 AM

Jul 2017
Draconix814 said:
Shiroyasha_97 said:
Yeah Gintama is back for one last time

And the review from salty haters with "go fk", " Gintama fans die" , "TRASH" reviews is also back

It's quite ironic how fans of an anime that trolls their audience, can simultaneously be trolled by so many haters of said anime. It's actually hilarious how bad they are at trolling us though, so I'll just sit back and eat my popcorn.
This is how I imagine they think :

Daniel_Naumov said:
Man another Naruto oh boy this is astonishing. Can't even say if I want them to end here or make a series out of Gintoki's son (??), but either way this is a masterpiece.
Why Naruto ? It end good but then become a cash-grab with Boruto .
Antagonized said:
This is the best 1st episode, OP and ED since Gintama'. All of the recurring characters from years ago in the OP and the sketchy animation in ED was just great.

Even though I already read it I still can't help myself but laugh at Madao getting hero to zero lol!

So excited because I'm going to see these two in the later episodes. But more badass
*Spoiler* Prince Hata will get a huge backstory
Jan 8, 2018 7:08 AM
Nov 2013
Slim_Lamie said:

They're traveling, while trying to escape detection, and while gathering more members.
Jan 8, 2018 8:43 AM
Oct 2017
YES Best girl MADAO is back and he’s kicking butt! (or the other way around lol) Also I’m glad to see Baka Ouji again, I missed him! Overall this episode was great. I’m so not ready for the finale!

I’m not a fan of the OP, however the ED is amazing! I just love how they showed major characters and moments from every arc. The song is by Burnout Syndroms too so it isn’t surprising that it’s amazing as well. Best ending this season so far.
Jan 8, 2018 8:57 AM

Jan 2015
Made my day!! Even though i'm about to sleep...
Jan 8, 2018 9:13 AM
Apr 2016
Shiroyasha_97 said:
Draconix814 said:

This is how I imagine they think :

Daniel_Naumov said:
Why Naruto ? It end good but then become a cash-grab with Boruto .
Antagonized said:

*Spoiler* Prince Hata will get a huge backstory

But because both Naruto and Gintama had a major running time to establish the universe, only to make an epic clash of everyone against the villains in the end (Gintama had gone ever farther and made the villains twice as tragic than Naruto did), which is an awesome formula that has never failed yet. I strongly disagree with defaming Boruto though (What, you egg?), anyone who still did not accept this masterpiece of a son is simply oblivious to the grand scheme both Naruto and Boruto present.
Re:formed
Jan 8, 2018 9:33 AM

Sep 2017
I found 2 versions of op? One contains some scenes from gintama and utsuro fight. Is it fan made? Also, we're getting 3 new characters? Nice.
Even kintoki comes back?! Wow this is amazing ×D

Ok it's fanmade but i found it better that the original actually <3

check it out, it's really good
SalamakJan 8, 2018 9:56 AM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Feb 25, 2018

127 by tomoe22 »»
May 11, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Feb 11, 2018

85 by tomoe22 »»
May 10, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 25, 2018

141 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jan 28, 2018

134 by tomoe22 »»
May 8, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 18, 2018

78 by PrimeX »»
Nov 27, 2023 5:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.