Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2017 12:28 PM

Jan 2013
not that good but its ok for what it is...
i'll give it credit, this harem is the first (at least that i've watched, DxD is different) where the harem actually mutually in agreement with each other going towards the harem ending for MC...but 9 wives tho?
Sep 26, 2017 12:30 PM
Mar 2017
the plot is self-insertion:(gary stu)
with consumers who expect their fantasy of self-insertion cheap and without content, full of tipas (types in case of being a female character) falling from the sky and protagonists who are almost a God if the author wished, showing a clear lack of creativity to the time to write a story, and of course characters, who generally have a personality as well defined as that of a sheet of paper.

la trama es la auto-inserción:
con consumidores que esperan su fantasía de autoinserción barata y sin contenido, llena de tipas (tipos en caso de ser un personaje femenino) que caen del cielo y protagonistas que son casi un Dios si el autor lo deseara, demostrando una clara falta de creatividad a la hora de escribir una historia, y por supuesto personajes, que generalmente tienen un personalidad tan bien definida como la de una hoja de papel.

4.5/10 (would be 0 if I did not entertain myself)
FireCrauterSep 26, 2017 12:42 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Sep 26, 2017 12:34 PM

Nov 2016
I always feel my opinion is biased for "another world" type of anime. I also am not much of a critic and find almost all the anime I watch to be enjoyable in one way or another. except School days. Honestly, screw that anime. I still felt like this anime was judged a bit harshly. I found a lot of the scenes to be quite funny, particularly the action scenes. The characters weren't terrible and they left a nice cliffhanger, if there were to be a season two. Which I personally would enjoy seeing.

Sep 26, 2017 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
Even though this anime wasn't really good it did manage to be incredibly fun in a so bad so good kind of way and hey, at least this one had the balls to go with an actual harem ending.

removed-userSep 26, 2017 1:19 PM
Sep 26, 2017 1:13 PM

Oct 2010
Since I'm pretty sure this won't get a 2nd season, can someone who read the light novel tell me who "ende" is?
Sep 26, 2017 1:18 PM
May 2017
Nice anime 8\10 good story harem
Sep 26, 2017 1:24 PM
Oct 2016
Adviel said:
The doctor only predicted 9 wifus. Here comes his first husbando.

Yay

And I miss in between scenes.
Sep 26, 2017 1:26 PM

Apr 2016
9 Wives and they already showed the 3 other girls in the end.

But that last scene tho, maybe he's going to steal the girls and then time to save them in the next season boom It's ya b0i imsavingtheworldfrombadguy anime.

Heh, I'm kidding. Its really fun to see OP characters as if they can rule the whole world already, I enjoyed it a lot. I hope there's 2nd season soon.
8/10
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Sep 26, 2017 1:27 PM
Aug 2013
Was that Yui Horie voicing the god of love?
Sep 26, 2017 1:30 PM
Apr 2016
Korakora59 said:
Since I'm pretty sure this won't get a 2nd season, can someone who read the light novel tell me who "ende" is?

ende is his rival for future arc
and who knows we might get season 2 for this
Apr 2016
The Isekai wa Smartphone Season 2 release can’t come any sooner now that anime fans have been given a hint about Babylon and the upcoming adventure. The In Another World With My Smartphone anime may have started off a bit slow plot-wise, but the light novel source material has set a course that should pick up the story’s pace in the second season. There will also be giant robot mecha battles

Feb 2014
I did not like this. It was light hearted fodder for heftier shows I'm watching, atm, but it was pretty shite. And I'm probably in the minority, but the 10 and 12 year old "eye candy" was just creepy. I didn't mind so much when he seemed to be sort of setting them aside as too young, but the end smoocheroo was yuck for me.

Was still better than Subete F ni naru, navel gazing, overinflated sense of itself, piece of shit, wasted my time....grumble, grumble...
Sep 26, 2017 1:43 PM

Aug 2014
8/10. Was enjoyable more than it was "good". I'm surprised that so many people weren't able to just relax and enjoy the show without taking it seriously. Like, I thought I had a strong preference for serious anime, but I still managed to enjoy this a lot.

Here's to hoping for the season 2.
Sep 26, 2017 1:44 PM

Jun 2009
Honestly speaking, I enjoyed it. It was average at best, but still pretty funny. I liked how OP was Touya and how he just was solving everything just like it was nothing. The only problam I have is including Ende in opening, when literally he had one minute in series. It could had sense, if he had role in this, but well, with only 12 episodes it was impossible to include him more. Well, I still have original source.
Sep 26, 2017 1:59 PM

Sep 2015
Oh are we legit talking about the quality of the anime now instead of just joking around?

Yeah, this show was really stupid, at the same time, it had a weird charm in having a self awareness that made me enjoy it, if there is anything I'm gonna give it props for, the show knew what it wanted to be, knew not to pretend it was more than what it was.
All in all, I have to say what everyone else said, cliche and boring but rather entertaining if only because of the insanely OP antics of protagonist
Credit to reixasuka29
Sep 26, 2017 2:04 PM

Nov 2015
idk that last person appearance was sorta interesting, while I enjoyed this series, i was never interested... a little sad they haven't done that guy earlier... so much happened that could've been replaced to that event, doesn't mean though it would get interesting... just maybe.
Sep 26, 2017 2:05 PM

May 2015
He literally established his harem, oh my days. Even bigger than before.

Lame ending and horrible show. It's finally over.

3/10.

Sep 26, 2017 2:38 PM

Feb 2015
I never thought I would say this, but I actually want a second season. This anime was by no means a masterpiece, but at times it was damn fun to watch. It's really cliche and predictable, as are most harem anime, but that's the appeal that they have. I really wasn't sold on the anime from the moment I heard the title. I just thought, "Oh boy, another shitty LN adaptation," which it was, but the ending made it just a little better than I thought it would be at any point before and during the season.

The last two episodes were definitely the best of the lot, which isn't really saying much. The progression that was made in the relationships, as well as the introduction of several new characters and a foreshadowing were really unprecedented. This ultimately is what makes me yearn for a continuation of the anime.

At the end of the day I would not recommend this to anyone unless you're truly a fan of this plotless, cliche, harem trash, but there is a market for that, otherwise this stuff wouldn't keep selling. Was the anime good? No, but it was entertaining and something to look forward to each week, and that's all I could ask for in anime. Only highlight of the show that I can really commend ironically is the OP, but these kinds of shows always know how to make something catchy.

7/10
Sep 26, 2017 2:55 PM

Sep 2013
9 wives doesn't account to much much when the MC never does anything. What a meh show.
Sep 26, 2017 3:59 PM

May 2010
The reviews are way too critical...I actually quite enjoyed this show.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 26, 2017 4:07 PM
Apr 2017
While it was admittedly kinda fun to watch, this is just a forgettable and cliche show. Only watch it if you have nothing else to do. This show will probably be forgotten a year from now tbh
Sep 26, 2017 4:15 PM

Aug 2014
Its generic although its just pretty much enjoyable but not an anime you can compare with another masterpiece.
Its in line between 5/6 for overall though i'll give 7/8 for enjoyment.
trash-san said:
While it was admittedly kinda fun to watch, this is just a forgettable and cliche show. Only watch it if you have nothing else to do. This show will probably be forgotten a year from now tbh

Yeah Assuming its just another LN advertisement.
Sep 26, 2017 4:27 PM

Mar 2008
A harem show that actually embraces the harem trope. Give the show an 8/10, I enjoyed it.
Sep 26, 2017 4:30 PM
Jul 2017
I guess I should read these forum posts more so I'd know that the cool thing to do is come back and complain how a show was awful and it's finally over, despite the fact that if you really disliked it, you wouldn't go near it or its forum posts anymore.

This show was average to good, but I think people who came back to discuss this with posts about "1/10" or "3/10, it's finally over" like...what are you doing back here? You could've dropped it at any time and no one would care. Sounds like the joke is on you for watching it this long, no?

I guess I have a lot to learn about MAL etiquette.
Sep 26, 2017 5:16 PM

Jul 2012
The TRUE definition of HAREM 11/10.
I hope they can still make a second season, but I doubt it knowing only few watches anime like these.
Sep 26, 2017 5:21 PM

Jul 2012
Xionjay said:
Season 2 is on july 15 2018 btw

seriously? is it legit?
Sep 26, 2017 5:26 PM

Jul 2012
UpToFourPlayers said:
I guess I should read these forum posts more so I'd know that the cool thing to do is come back and complain how a show was awful and it's finally over, despite the fact that if you really disliked it, you wouldn't go near it or its forum posts anymore.

This show was average to good, but I think people who came back to discuss this with posts about "1/10" or "3/10, it's finally over" like...what are you doing back here? You could've dropped it at any time and no one would care. Sounds like the joke is on you for watching it this long, no?

I guess I have a lot to learn about MAL etiquette.

You really need to get used to these mainstream gayshits.. the're the reason why shows like these got low rating hahaha, anyway just dont mind them they're attention whores haha trolling
Sep 26, 2017 5:29 PM

Dec 2016
Yumina & Linze got what they wanted.

Yeah I had a feeling they all wanted to marry him.

Haha that was really runny watching Elze punch Touya out when he went in for that kiss.

He's going to end up with 9 wives lol? That's going to be tough, we even got a glimpse of them.

We finally see that guy who was in the opening, Ende is his name.

I enjoyed this from start to funny, it was so funny, I hope there i another season sometime, I really want to watch more.
Sep 26, 2017 5:50 PM

Jan 2008
Overall a decent time waster. I wouldn't mind a second season, but with how lackluster just about everything is, which is reflected on the ratings and sales numbers, I highly doubt it will. This is more like a promo to get more novel readers, which isn't unusual for many other anime titles that never get another season...because the creators just don't expect to go past a single season. It's like how big blockbuster movies are just ultimately a long commercial to get parents to buy their kids toys and merchandise--that's where a real good chunk of the money is.

Xionjay said:
It's fake.

The only source I can find on the internet with this info is here:
https://lifekino.club/isekai-wa-smartphone-to-tomo-ni-season-2.html

And based on other stuff I found on there, it seems to be a fake anime news website made to lure solely people who are looking for info on subsequent seasons on anime news for clicks, because on every single article entry, it's the same format (and no news about anything else):
- Posted by Admin
- What the anime is based on/year
- Highlighted in blue, when Season X will air
- Plot description
- Maybe Fanart
- Chart with numbers and dates, but no episode titles.
- Trailer for season 1 or youtube promo for season 1, or Opening song
- & Finally, Zero source citation... every legitamate site always sources where they get their info from, usually a Japanese magazine, Japanese news website, or official website made for the anime, or rare occasions on the creators twitter or something, but the fact stands that they have none of these.

What tipped me off was an entry for Season 2 for "Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku", when season one hasn't even aired yet! Or this entry which has images from My Hero Academia, and Hitorijime My Hero (My Very Own Hero), and it's just all sorts of wrong:
https://lifekino.club/monopoly-my-hero-season-2-release-date-the-latest-news.html
That shows me that they either don't watch anime (just like game journalists who hate games or Funimation dubbers who shit on anime and their fans), or just don't care to even make an effort to make their site look convincing. I wouldn't even be surprised if any links clicked on there has malware.

That site "lifekino.club" is the very embodiment of fake news.

Don't believe everything you see on the internet folks.
Estoy_GordoSep 26, 2017 6:09 PM
Sep 26, 2017 5:58 PM

Apr 2010
Xionjay said:

Can you link a source?

Somebody Gonna Get A Hurt Real Bad !
Sep 26, 2017 6:21 PM

Nov 2008
i'd still like to hope for a second season. it never sits right with me when a anime's story isn't finished and were left with so many questions.

Sep 26, 2017 6:33 PM

Apr 2017
It's finally over... I can now ruin friendships by forcing them to watch the entire season in one binge watch....
Sep 26, 2017 6:47 PM

Oct 2015
4kicks said:
Overall a decent time waster. I wouldn't mind a second season, but with how lackluster just about everything is, which is reflected on the ratings and sales numbers, I highly doubt it will. This is more like a promo to get more novel readers, which isn't unusual for many other anime titles that never get another season...because the creators just don't expect to go past a single season. It's like how big blockbuster movies are just ultimately a long commercial to get parents to buy their kids toys and merchandise--that's where a real good chunk of the money is.

Xionjay said:
It's fake.

The only source I can find on the internet with this info is here:
https://lifekino.club/isekai-wa-smartphone-to-tomo-ni-season-2.html

And based on other stuff I found on there, it seems to be a fake anime news website made to lure solely people who are looking for info on subsequent seasons on anime news for clicks, because on every single article entry, it's the same format (and no news about anything else):
- Posted by Admin
- What the anime is based on/year
- Highlighted in blue, when Season X will air
- Plot description
- Maybe Fanart
- Chart with numbers and dates, but no episode titles.
- Trailer for season 1 or youtube promo for season 1, or Opening song
- & Finally, Zero source citation... every legitamate site always sources where they get their info from, usually a Japanese magazine, Japanese news website, or official website made for the anime, or rare occasions on the creators twitter or something, but the fact stands that they have none of these.

What tipped me off was an entry for Season 2 for "Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku", when season one hasn't even aired yet! Or this entry which has images from My Hero Academia, and Hitorijime My Hero (My Very Own Hero), and it's just all sorts of wrong:
https://lifekino.club/monopoly-my-hero-season-2-release-date-the-latest-news.html
That shows me that they either don't watch anime (just like game journalists who hate games or Funimation dubbers who shit on anime and their fans), or just don't care to even make an effort to make their site look convincing. I wouldn't even be surprised if any links clicked on there has malware.

That site "lifekino.club" is the very embodiment of fake news.

Don't believe everything you see on the internet folks.

yeah , glad you give the explanation here
Sep 26, 2017 6:53 PM

Oct 2016
anyone knows where the anime left off in relation to the LN/WN?
Sep 26, 2017 6:56 PM

Mar 2012
6/10 one of the best shows of the season

Finally found that one "so bad that it's good" show for me personally.

1. MC so OP that there's no need for plot armor like Kirito did (re: SAO episode 14)
2. Girls are cute
3. True harem ending; not the shitty protag-kun-picks-no-one ending
4. Skips so much stuff that it's actually funny
5. Did I mention girls are cute

It's so cliched that it's basically making fun of all the other cliched isekai stories since SAO's time
Sep 26, 2017 7:10 PM
Jan 2017
ValentineXIII said:
I always feel my opinion is biased for "another world" type of anime. I also am not much of a critic and find almost all the anime I watch to be enjoyable in one way or another. except School days. Honestly, screw that anime. I still felt like this anime was judged a bit harshly. I found a lot of the scenes to be quite funny, particularly the action scenes. The characters weren't terrible and they left a nice cliffhanger, if there were to be a season two. Which I personally would enjoy seeing.

MAL always seems to be like this with shows like Isekai Smartphone. This show is just suppose to be relaxing and stress free, there's little to no drama because it's not suppose to be a show where you're worried someone might die, get traumatized, or get seriously hurt. That's why the MC is OP to find funny and clever ways to defeat his enemies quickly. It's not a show to be taken seriously, I mean it has SLIP as an OP spell? It's just a show about an OP MC who goes on adventures with his powerful wives. It was funny and it was entertaining throughout and that's why I enjoyed it. Also loved the true harem ending, but of course Yumina is still best girl! I personally give it a 9/10.
Sep 26, 2017 7:24 PM

Mar 2012
This is one of those "so bad it's good" series. Unabashedly bad. No attempt at pretending it's a quality series. Just straight up OP main and real harem setup.

Except I honestly wonder why literally had to be very underage.
Sep 26, 2017 8:31 PM

Jul 2009
6/10 because it shattered the shitty harem tendency to leave everything unresolved
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 26, 2017 8:53 PM
Nov 2016
rdtx2013 said:
Shingster said:
So i guess the fun comes to an end then. So the android gets hired as a maid then. Yumina's reason for being angry sure was unexpected. Using a fight to make clear to Touya that both Elze and Yae have feelings for him as well was an interesting move. Though short the fight was pretty interesting. Its nice that each of the girls ended up becoming his future wives though in the end. To think that Touya would go to god and the god of love for love advice though. But its nice that in the end Touya resolved to marry them all in the future. I guess that was the best ending that we could have asked for in this series. Looks like the chance of there being a sequel is pretty high considering the final scene.

Not sure if I'll agree with high for a sequel... since they basically spoiled his nine wives and the enemy at the end.... but maybe... if sales are good.

Thats what makes this more interesting. Yes 9 wives but who are they? We dont know if all of the current girls will be part of them or if they will cross path with the professor. The end credits makes me think that the character also came from the original world where touya came from as that person saw immediately touya's phone or maybe came from a different world where smartphones also exist.

I just wish they made this up to episode 15
Sep 26, 2017 8:59 PM
Apr 2016
If you really want to know about Ende, well upcoming spoilers obviously...
He is not someone that god brought over. He is a dimensional traveler. He's not from that world, that coin that he was carrying was from the Babylon times so that's why they didn't accepted it as currency. He travels through dimensions chasing the Fraizes, the creatures that Regina was talking about. If this has a second season and hopefully it does, both Touya and Ende will be fighting these Fraizes but both have different motives for defeating the Fraizes. Don't worry Ende doesn't have a villain type motive in case you're wondering. Btw Ende won't be joining the group he's just going to run into them from time to time. Oh and get this, you think Touya is OP? Well, Ende is a lot stronger and more strategic than Touya. One time, Ende was able to single handedly defeat a Fraize without breaking a sweat.
I'm hoping for a season 2, because I honestly loved this anime. It wasn't dark or dramatic but that's why I loved it. (Although the upcoming arcs do get a bit dark) It's just a relaxing happy fantasy show with an OP MC going on adventures with his harem of powerful wives, and I found it very enjoyable.
Sep 26, 2017 8:59 PM

Aug 2013
For being a rather bland isekai sol, I still found it mildly enjoyable to watch.

Touya was a little bland, but I was alright with watching his gary-stu OPness since he wasn't retarded with it. He had the magical capabilities to do anything imaginable, and I'd say he definitely made use of it. Was able to heal dying people, was able to make a gate anywhere in the world, pick up any new magic spell and learn it like it was nothing in front of the very people telling him nobody knows this ancient magic anymore. Created the worlds only gun, brought bicycles and photos and food into the world. Trolled all of his enemies with basic spells because...he just can.

And he also wasn't a complete bitch when it came to the harem, which is a big plus in my book. Always great to see them not bitch out and either go with one or none, he went with all four and is adding 5 more down the road.

Kind of disappointed they introduced that guy who definitely looks like a villain in the post ED epilogue. The fuck was even the point when we probably wont get a season 2?

I think the thing that let me down most at the end was the picture that showed all of his future wives at the end. It just really wasn't diverse at all. They're basically all girls his age or younger. Technically Leen is a fairy who's hundreds of years old, but she's a typical goth loli. The other two on the far left
half count as well. He even gets Yumine's younger sister as a wife? Kind of uninteresting.

Personal preference just wanted me to see a bit more diversity, especially since they're using the fucking isekai genre. His wife harem could have had the humanoid android jokester Cesca, it could've had the actual older lady (who was probably still only in her early 20's) Charlotte and her big ol' tiddies and booty. They could've picked the big busty ninja who Leen tricked into thinking he fondled her - Tsubaki. They established relationships with the beastmen kingdom, and yet they didn't think of throwing a furry girl in there? Hell, they could've gotten really creative and found a way to bring the smoking hot older Dr. Regina Babylon from the past to the present with some crazy isekai tropey spell and had her join. SOOOOOOOOO many options and they just kind of picked the 9 most basic and convenient ones. Ffs it took me 15 seconds after seeing that ending screen to come up with a more interesting list of possibilities, and that doesn't even include useless side characters like the maid/agents Lapis and Cecil.
Sep 26, 2017 9:22 PM

Nov 2014
Interesting show. A harem that is actually daring enough to go for a harem end.

It's clear they never intended to have suspense from Touya developing and struggling in a fight anyways, so there's really no point criticising the show for it. I think people critising Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo Ni should have just dropped the show and moved on with their lives.

However delving into the mindset of someone who would enjoy such anime, where I think Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo Ni fails at is that there is no best girl (for me at least), which means there no hook for me. It would have given this series a bit of life as a harem, after all the main appeal of a harem is to have a huge variety of girls for many different people to root for. So why exactly did they choose to have 3 tsunderes and 2 blonde lolis with similar personalities in his harem?
BurningSpiritSep 26, 2017 9:34 PM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Sep 27, 2017 12:12 AM

Oct 2015
Sigh, even they didn't know how to make a decent ending, well whatever.

I give this show 7/10 only because Yumina.
lazy_ModifierSep 27, 2017 12:18 AM
Sep 27, 2017 12:19 AM

Apr 2012
The only thing I'm waiting for this series is that a childhood friend joins the game and disrupt this calm environment by telling Touya and all the girls that he should just choose 1 girl since the fight over Touya would be pretty fun to watch. I do like the harem end where everyone is happy but this goes too smooth that the fun of a harem genre is gone. Still a good show to watch if you have time to spare.
Signature removed. Please check your inbox
Sep 27, 2017 12:40 AM

Sep 2015
Korakora59 said:

Sep 27, 2017 1:23 AM

Aug 2013
ok now, season 2 when
6/10
VanschiaSep 27, 2017 1:28 AM
Sep 27, 2017 2:28 AM

Mar 2015
I hate the cliche ending... end up marrying all the girls??? What the fuck is that?
I like Furina, I love Furina.
Sep 27, 2017 2:29 AM
Jun 2012
Hurray, harem ending series to add to the list! 8/10
Sep 27, 2017 2:33 AM

Apr 2017
Im just about to ask the harem and Ende from last scene... But its answered already.

The show is averagely good, the thing is, i wonder why they didnt make the whole show like this episode, i mean this show redeemed itself in this episode.

At least they KISSED, unlike some other shows where the going is always interrupted.

I wont mind a second season, it seems fine.
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Sep 27, 2017 2:35 AM
May 2013
LOL despite how bad this anime is!
I still want S2 of this damn it!
This is like drug, you know it was bad but still want more
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2017

110 by tengo1984 »»
Apr 26, 12:55 AM

» A question for the Light Novel readers regarding his identity

Cyanide86 - Mar 10

2 by Cyanide86 »»
Mar 10, 8:57 AM

» 10/10 from me.. who else? ( 1 2 )

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Apr 26, 2023

65 by AgelessPharaoh »»
Mar 8, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2017

163 by White_Alice »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:17 PM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2017

262 by White_Alice »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.