Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 26, 2017 2:35 AM

Jan 2014
@Immahnoob

>It's almost as if you've only seen about 3 volumes of a still on-going series.

Yeah sorry for talking about "anime adaptation" without having additional knowledge from unadapted material...Phew, my bad

>You can't even properly describe the character you're comparing him to or his situation, wow.
that is so rich coming from a dude who didnt even saw the other character we are comparing Ayanokouji with

>At least you tried. It's again, too bad I don't know the show you're talking about, but by your description, I can objectively state that Ayanokouji is the same.

Dude seriously, why are you here in this thread then? Are you still unable to grasp this thread is about comparing 2 characters? You are derailing the thread... You can take two sides here: Ayanokouji and Hachiman are similar or they are different...This is not a thread about explaining how great Ayanokouji is, if you want to teach people why he is so great and how we are missing the point, you can make a new thread about it...

Nov 26, 2017 3:40 AM

Apr 2012
@LoneWizzy
Yeah sorry for talking about "anime adaptation" without having additional knowledge from unadapted material...Phew, my bad
It is your bad, if you think you can somehow expect for an ending when you haven't seen the whole story, then it's clear you yourself don't know the criticisms anime fans of all nationalities and ages tend to throw at "original endings". Why are you even talking at this point?
Why would you expect a climax, a resolution or whatever when it's not done?
Don't you understand that criticism needs to be imparted while taking into consideration what exactly is the objective of what you're criticizing? Would you say that something revolting is wrong if that was the point of it in the first place? No? Then why would you criticize an anime for not ending when the LN didn't when the purpose was to only adapt part of the LN?
that is so rich coming from a dude who didnt even saw the other character we are comparing Ayanokouji with

You tried.
Here, let me give you a similar example to your "description".
Both characters are male.
Clearly, they're equal to one another now. Praise me.
Dude seriously, why are you here in this thread then? Are you still unable to grasp this thread is about comparing 2 characters? You are derailing the thread...
Hm? Am I? I thought you clearly said this is about comparing two characters that seem similar.
The OP clearly said that one aspect of the character he's comparing to Ayanokouji tends to be described as awesome by his actions, which is the same case for Ayanokouji.
Or are you saying the OP is wrong? Are you also saying that the author of this LN is wrong about what they created themselves?
You can take two sides here: Ayanokouji and Hachiman are similar or they are different...
And I'm telling you that you're incapable of taking any of the two sides, since you clearly don't know anything about Ayanokouji, otherwise your criticism of him wouldn't be wrong.
This is not a thread about explaining how great Ayanokouji is
I'm sorry, are you sure you're in the right thread? How else would you know if two characters are the same if you don't describe their characteristics?
I also believe I didn't once mention how "awesome" he is until the OP and another poster here (which you seem to be OK with) did so. And if the OP mentioned it, I believe that your accusations of "derailing" are unfounded.
Maybe you should stop derailing this thread by trying to shoehorn "rule issues" here, did you know that concern moderation is also against the rules? Fuck off.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Nov 26, 2017 5:39 AM

Jan 2014
@Immahnoob

>And I'm telling you that you're incapable of taking any of the two sides, since you clearly don't know anything about Ayanokouji, otherwise your criticism of him wouldn't be wrong.
Dude are you even realising what you are saying? Everyone here except you saw the two anime in question and comparing characters based on that knowledge...Except you, who have absolutely no idea what we are talking about here and trying to defend Ayanokouji... Even if literally everything you are talking about happens to be facts you are still unable to be part of this discussion because you cant make a comparison without secondhand information about hachiman...I will stop replying to you till you finish Oregairu... Have a nice day...
Nov 26, 2017 6:46 AM

Apr 2012
@LoneWizzy
It seems you still don't get it. Repeating what has been debunked won't change anything.
Everyone here except you saw the two anime in question and comparing characters based on that knowledge
Then I doubt you've actually watched Highschool of the Elite, because if you would have, your criticism of Ayanokouji would be accurate.
Since it's not, you cannot compare him to any other characters, until you finally understand what he is about.
Otherwise it wouldn't be a comparison between Ayanokouji and Hachiman, right?
Even if literally everything you are talking about happens to be facts you are still unable to be part of this discussion because you cant make a comparison without secondhand information about hachiman
I don't need to know about Hachiman though, or are you saying the information you, the OP and other posters presented is false?
As I said, all I need to know is that you don't know anything about Ayanokouji for me to claim that you're all wrong in comparing him to Hachiman in any way.
will stop replying to you till you finish Oregairu... Have a nice day...
So you concede? That's OK, it's not like you had any chance whatsoever in understanding my point. I've been repeating it a few times now and they're pretty simple English words used, yet your comprehension is still creating problems for you. So it means that all you can do is run away. Although it's sad that you can't admit to it.
Whenever you're ready to actually present an argument, I'm here.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Aug 29, 2019 11:17 AM
Jul 2016
I'm glad there's more people that agree with me in that, I also felt irratated when I read people saying that Ayanokuji is Hachiman 2.0 dude the only thing they're alike is that they both are loners and smart and from that point on they're completely different in their way of thinking about life and the way they do things.
Sep 8, 2019 4:47 AM

May 2017
BlackFIFA19 said:
The 2 series aren't even alike in general dont know why people keep comparing these 2

exactly

i told my friends watching this anime and tomorrow in the school, my friends be like, "uHuh ThIs AnIMe LIke OrigAIrU oR HyoUKa aNd tHe MC lIke HikIGaYa, tHEy ArE vEry SiMILar, BuT..BUt.. oRiGaiRu iS tHE beST."

and thats very friking annoying xD
A_AtSep 8, 2019 4:52 AM
Oct 31, 2019 10:03 AM
Sep 2018
Thats okay no one can compete with 8man when it comes being the edgy and anti social, its just we watched oreigaru first and the other one doesnt make much impact ,
Nov 7, 2019 10:40 AM
Apr 2019
Ayanokouji feels like a character inspired by Levi.
Nov 9, 2019 2:48 AM
Oct 2019
All i said is:
No it isnt,u fckin moron

This guy cant compared with 8man,he just play badass for people like u,who looking for badass anime wallpaper

8man is more realistic,to real life.he have his own ideology to society

No fckin "human is just a tool" thing
Nov 9, 2019 3:41 PM
Mar 2017
Yes I agree you can't compare the alpha Ayanokouji to the beta that is 8man. But seriously they are completely different. So please just stop comparing them.
Jul 21, 2020 9:33 AM
Jul 2019
They have nothing in common except the fact that they both look depressed. Hachiman antagonizes everything and pushes everyone away unlike Kiyotoka who is actually looking forward to having friends since it's his first time experiencing being a normal high school student. Hachiman looks depressed because of past rejections and failed attempts to communicate with anyone which led him to that state whereas Kiyotaka was never given that privilege to be social in the first place. In the White Room, you have no human rights. You are only allowed to obey. It's hard to compare Kiyotaka with anyone else because he's a unique character or just because I haven't watched/read enough yet.
SomeGuyWithHairJul 28, 2020 12:31 AM
Jul 27, 2020 6:41 AM

Nov 2019
Lets just say ayanakouji is better haha, because emotions do not cause him to make irrational decisions.
๐˜›๐˜ฐ ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ, ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ.
May 15, 2022 3:56 PM

Jun 2015
Just finished the Classroom of the Elite (COTE) in a day and I really liked Ayanakoji. Then I went on to forums to see what other people think, and I found out that people suggest watching Oregairu if you like COTE because MCs are similar.

However, I didn't like Oregairu at all and forced myself through the first season. I was wondering why that is the case for me, and then I found this thread. I have to agree that they are not similar at all, and maybe people feel they are similar just because they don't seem to give a shit in general. Anyways, good to know that people do think that they are actually different, and it wasn't just me who didn't understand Hachiman's character/personality.
May 22, 2022 1:10 PM

Jan 2014
Just_A_Bystander said:
Just finished the Classroom of the Elite (COTE) in a day and I really liked Ayanakoji. Then I went on to forums to see what other people think, and I found out that people suggest watching Oregairu if you like COTE because MCs are similar.

However, I didn't like Oregairu at all and forced myself through the first season. I was wondering why that is the case for me, and then I found this thread. I have to agree that they are not similar at all, and maybe people feel they are similar just because they don't seem to give a shit in general. Anyways, good to know that people do think that they are actually different, and it wasn't just me who didn't understand Hachiman's character/personality.
Yeah they are only similar on the surface level. Hachiman is a weak person who uses his persona as a shield, Ayanakoji uses that persona because he is too powerful and have to nerf himself for the story to work.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Jul 1, 2017

344 by Laachii »»
Jun 9, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

529 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

236 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2017

336 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2017

292 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 1:30 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.