Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 10, 2017 7:00 PM

Sep 2016
ugh tragic eps and omga the damnn ending!!
Facta Non Verba
Sep 10, 2017 9:30 PM
Mar 2015
The spies were already involved in Operation Changeling to substitute someone for the Princess when that change has already taken place. Now they are involved in the assassination of the Princess who is actually Ange
Sep 10, 2017 10:29 PM

May 2015
Hmm....I don't know what to make of this episode. Quite the shocker, but it felt...simple...

Well at least now we know where the spies got their training. But was it voluntary? Also, Ange couldn't have gotten that good by herself (unless Anime...). There has to be a teacher or superior or someone who gave her special lessons on how to become a spy. Like who was the best spy before Ange?

So out of all the students from Ange's class, Ange, Dorothy, and "Prefect" were the only ones left? Huh...what happened to the rest...

Beatrice driving the car!

Dorothy sure has gone through a lot and has to handle a lot. The abuse from her father, being the leader of the spy group and receiving the assignments, and now she witnesses a comrade die before her. I'm pretty impressed by her fortitude though despite witnessing such a brutal death right in front of her. Prefect described her as "light and free." I guess that's what makes Dorothy a good leader and why Prefect looked up to her...

Assassinate the princess? Well the predictable route is that Ange fakes Charlotte's death and the two survive and escape somehow. Or maybe this can refer to the foreshadowing in the Opening animation where Ange saves Charlotte during the fall and aims her gun at the other spies...We got a few episodes left. Hopefully this gets wrapped up nicely or at least ends on a good note for a second cour. Surprise me, 3hz!
TarotistOct 28, 2018 3:04 PM
Sep 10, 2017 11:27 PM
Jun 2016
the story become more dark,,, i just wanna ask,,, ms.perfect inject something to her hand?
is that drugs? or medicine that make her die without it?
Sep 11, 2017 12:36 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
furukawa-sama said:
Jesus. How the fuck 委員長 turned into "perfect" ?!

I don't know if that's a typographical error, but it was "prefect". Kinda fit to the "Iinchou" as Dorothy refers her to, subs probably decided to go with more archaic word to fit the setting.
Sep 11, 2017 2:42 AM
May 2014
FrozenSheep said:
My prediction:

Ange "becomes" (return to being) the princess and have those spies kill her instead. In the end, the real princess is killed while the formerly poor child becomes Ange.

100% agree.
when they showed the two girls (Ange and "the princess") backstory I started to think "how could the authors use this plot device ?" they kept it for the last episodes lol
Sep 11, 2017 3:08 AM

Jun 2016
Great to see the brief training days of Ange and Dorothy in the Farm, and meeting their classmate named Prefect? We never known her name or have I missed something?

Betrayed on what, by the way? What did the Prefect do exactly? I'm lost.

The way she shot herself was too much, and we thought she looks to up to Ange and turns out it's Dorothy. That scene was so sad. Jesus.

It was a good episode. I really love Bea. Haha. <3

And, lastly, I wonder if they're going to carry out their mission to assassinate the princess. Fuck.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 11, 2017 3:24 AM

Jul 2016
Not sure what to think of this one. It's filler, but it's pretty looking filler. That flashback scene of them at the funfair was gorgeous, as was the upward panning shot of the city street as Dorothy and Ange drove away.

Prefect wasn't a very interesting character and I don't think her looking up to Dorothy really added anything of value besides a kind of good death scene. The only slightly interesting thing in this one was the set up for the next one.

Oh, and once again, Beatrice is the worst character in the show. I hope that car crash killed her.
Sep 11, 2017 3:30 AM

Jul 2016
furukawa-sama said:
Jesus. How the fuck 委員長 turned into "perfect" ?!

They have to keep up the idea that they're high schoolers somehow. How else could we possibly enjoy a show about spies in steampunk Victorian London? Gotta have that moe
Sep 11, 2017 3:44 AM
May 2015
Mieta zo, Ending wa...

*Holding glasses in Katsuragi Keima style

Well.. since it will over in 2 weeks lemme speculate a bit, it could be spoiler, or not

Sep 11, 2017 3:46 AM
May 2015
FrozenSheep said:
My prediction:

Ange "becomes" (return to being) the princess and have those spies kill her instead. In the end, the real princess is killed while the formerly poor child becomes Ange.

Indeed, but i think there is another possibility of route where both Charlotte and Ange still alive
FifaAnonymeSep 11, 2017 4:08 AM
Sep 11, 2017 4:16 AM
May 2014
This is SO mindblowing in general

Can't wait to next episode!
Sep 11, 2017 4:44 AM

Oct 2008
I think the theory that Ange will pass as the Princess and then be the one killed is very unlikely. Because then the surviving Princess will have to pass as Ange the genius spy, which may be doable with a wig but not skill wise, so her cover would be blow very quickly, and this time Ange won't be around to protect and help her.

Ange killing the Princess and becoming her (so actually return to what she originally was) and trying to keep their plan to change the world ongoing can actually work but also do'nt think that is the way this going, specially after end of episode 8.

My current guess is working with L, if he is still alive, to overthrow the new command of Control.
"There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force."
The Jedi Code
Sep 11, 2017 4:48 AM

Jun 2010
Anyone seriously suggesting Ange take Charlottes place and become the, "Real." Ange while the, "Real." Charlotte survives, is very much missing the fact that the real Ange has no spy training whatsoever. and that plan would fail immedaitly.

That literally isn't even an option. Charlotte has all the spy training. Ange has the Princess training. Neither of them could actually be the other for an extended period of time and have it work.

Also Ange still needs a wig when she pretends to be Princess, and the spy training turned her hair silver. So unless someone in Victorian Steam Punk London has a very specific color of hair dye...

chaosprophet said:
I think the theory that Ange will pass as the Princess and then be the one killed is very unlikely. Because then the surviving Princess will have to pass as Ange the genius spy, which may be doable with a wig but not skill wise, so her cover would be blow very quickly, and this time Ange won't be around to protect and help her.

Ange killing the Princess and becoming her (so actually return to what she originally was) and trying to keep their plan to change the world ongoing can actually work but also do'nt think that is the way this going, specially after end of episode 8.

My current guess is working with L, if he is still alive, to overthrow the new command of Control.

Oh my gosh, lol. I was not expecting someone to Ninja my post this late in the game. xD. That's hilarious.
Sep 11, 2017 4:55 AM

Oct 2016
Another interesting backstory this week.

Technically, Ange is the real princess so I have a feeling that she will commit suicide to save the princess and fulfill her mission.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Sep 11, 2017 5:43 AM
Jul 2015
This episode kinda lost me. They details were vague, if any, as to why they had to investigate their old comrade.

I think perhaps that that white house in Casablanca that "Ange" referred to in Episode 2 will be useful now :P
Sep 11, 2017 6:49 AM

Feb 2008
Delving into the past tends to be enjoyable, a glimpse into the spy school slice of life was intriguing. Unfortunately, it all came to an abrupt end. At least Beatrice provided some lighter notes for the sombre episode.

Well, their next mission seems controversial...
Sep 11, 2017 6:53 AM
Sep 2017
Can we just talk about how cute beato is trying to drive
Sep 11, 2017 8:49 AM
Nov 2016
Wow, pretty powerful episode.
Every spy seems to be different. Dorothy is more conspicuously human while Ange might appear cold on the surface but she still cares.

Every episode we get a new story but the ending of this one, man oh man. I can't wait to see what happens after this.
Sep 11, 2017 12:32 PM

Jul 2015
FrozenSheep said:
My prediction:

But the formerly poor child doesn't have the skills to be a good spy.
Sep 11, 2017 1:41 PM

Apr 2011
Starboom said:
Can we just talk about how cute beato is trying to drive

Yeah, somehow he can't keep the car in a straight line xD
Sep 11, 2017 1:46 PM

Feb 2007
Well, damn, that sure was an interesting new mission at the end. One wonders how Ange will manage to avert that outcome. The obvious solution would be taking her original place and getting killed instead, of course, but somehow I doubt either of them would be fine with this - after all, the plan was to live together in the end. Even worse, though, we can't quite rule out this being a test of Ange's loyalty either. After all, she was the one to let Princess know of their identities as spies, and once you eliminate all other suspects, her own superiors would finally need to doubt even their best spy.
Sep 12, 2017 1:52 AM

Oct 2016
We all know what REALLY happened to L

Sep 12, 2017 8:07 AM

Sep 2016
Well, from this point this could be AOTS or a complete disaster. A finale arc is definitely not the best thing for this show.

Also, RIP Beatrice 2017-2017. She will be missed, not by much, but still.
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Sep 12, 2017 8:42 AM
Jan 2017
Overall an okay episode, probably tge weakest episode of the series, but was interesting to see some backstory of their training
Sep 12, 2017 9:34 AM

Jan 2013
I still don't get why she betrayed them...
Wasn't expecting to see her doing that, i thought that it would be censored.
Well...so their last mission is to kill Princess, so that confirms that she is a double agent?
I don't know how this will end but i hope they don't kill her :(
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 12, 2017 9:35 AM

Jan 2013
FrozenSheep said:
My prediction:

You are probably right, at least it makes sense. But i hope they all survive.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 12, 2017 3:20 PM

Sep 2015
Ange probably won't do it. The OP clearly shows her with the Princess fighting.
Sep 12, 2017 7:23 PM

Oct 2008
I'm surprised that only like one other user has mentioned the fact that Prefect injected something into her arm. She seemed to be an addict who was dealing with her own demons, which also explains why she chose to go out the way she did. Great episode.
Sep 13, 2017 8:27 PM

Oct 2008
Another tragic 'no-choice-but-to-do-suicide' episode we have here...and too bad Perfect could be a valuable spy ally on their team...
4/5.

Sep 14, 2017 4:51 AM

Mar 2015
The ending of this episode made me realize that this was not a filler episode. Dorothy is now set up in a position that she will go against the Agency, which will support Ange in the coming crisis with the General and her orders to kill the Princess. If they had received this mission prior to the one they just did Dorothy may still have backed Ange but it would be by no means as certain as it is now.

While the Agency is aware of Ange's ability to imitate the Princess I don't think anyone knows that she actually IS the Princess. This episode showed that Ange was picked up as an orphan and sent to "The Farm". I have a feeling that the General might come to an abrupt and grisly end. ;)

In any case I am very much looking forward to the next episodes.
The sword that takes life gives life
Sep 14, 2017 9:09 AM
Apr 2016
OBVIOUSLY SPOILERS AHEAD FOR EP 10!

To be honest, I'm not really sure if the girl from their old school really killed herself. Because what was that weird thing that looked like a syringe .. it seemed that it was filled with blood before she "killed" herself. And before Dorothy came in, the syringe was empty. Maybe she filled the blood in the colt which wasn't a real gun so it only looked like suicide. (I know that thing in the syringe should probably look like poison.)

BONUS: Her mission was a success and maybe the new guy that replaced L and wants the princess dead works with the girl.
Sep 16, 2017 11:28 AM

Apr 2014
This was rather confusing with the chronological order up to this point... I just hope they'll continue normally from now on and maybe run a second season to fill the missing cases.
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
Sep 16, 2017 3:03 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, I thought they would cut away for the headshot... but they didn't. Gruesome.

I'm sure Ange will find a way out of killing "herself".
Sep 16, 2017 3:10 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, that was a sad ending!
I am intrigued by that cliffhanger though.
Sep 17, 2017 3:13 PM

Apr 2013
I'm sure most of us thought of this scenario before from episode 1. There was bound to be an event where the princess would end up being a target for control. And as expected it happens near the end of the 12 episode season. I hope no one dies but they are spies after all and people have "disappeared" behind the scenes before.

Sep 17, 2017 6:16 PM

Nov 2011
There has to be some connection with Prefect, L, and the Princess.

Why would the show the Prefect inject herself with some bullshit, she dies and then L is gone and they want the Princess dead. Some shit is about to happen.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 18, 2017 3:13 AM

Jul 2011
"I betray you, the world and myself", or something like this was on some episodes back. Time to use wild card!
GaichiSep 18, 2017 3:17 AM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 18, 2017 1:17 PM

Jul 2009
What a sad episode...so the one who the class rep. always admired was Dorothy.
Sep 19, 2017 9:17 PM
Jul 2018
This was episode 1, only with actual emotional, impact.
Sep 20, 2017 2:30 AM

Jan 2016
Miss filler is dead.. OMAE WA MOU SHINDEIRU!
Sep 28, 2017 1:08 AM

Sep 2016
no yuri no life...
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 1, 2017 2:37 PM

Oct 2015
She shouldn't have killed herself, I was starting to like the vibe between her Dorothy and she was a good character. What's up with that new stupid general for barking orders of assassinating the princess, I hate him already.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 7, 2017 12:33 AM

Aug 2012
-maybe i shouldn't have waited like a month to finish this show off
-10 bucks says the old classmate is a double agent for the kingdom
-also i think that's the first time any of the principal spies have showed up at control
-merry christmas
-i can't believe beatrice is fuckin dead
-i can't believe the entire rest of their class is fuckin dead
-seems like this episode is gonna be just pure spy stuff which is pretty great
-aw that was pretty cute after beatrice sounded the dog whistle
-chise's also cute
-looks like i won't have to hand over 10 bucks
-beatrice is never trusted
-krusty krab fun fair
-the princess of albion is a natural-born spy
-that footprint carpet is actually pretty cool
-oh man it's a spy battle
- B R I B E R Y
-was that car going faster than a train
-oh so those drugs were for the classmate, not for tranquilizing ange or whatever
-poor beatrice
-bro
-rip L
-bro

A refreshing return to conventional spy stuff happened in this episode, which is always welcome. Having some more unified backstory for Ange and Dorothy is also a nice bonus. The entire spy vs. spy section was pretty nice, and they did the thing where events that happen in the middle/beginning of the episode are explained at the end. That was a pretty memorable end too, with their only surviving classmate fucking blowing her brains out on-screen. I think this is the first anime I've ever seen that has actually done that, and it really added to the emotional impact of their classmate denying the kill from both Ange and Dorothy. Also, judging from Dorothy saying something about a group of people "getting" their classmate, it seems the classmate was made a Kingdom spy against her will, which only adds to the tragedy on the train. I think it's pretty neat how the show doesn't feel the need to overtly explain everything, and it's part of the reason why I've rated the episodes of this show pretty highly.
Oct 14, 2017 8:41 PM

Feb 2014
oh... impressive... our lolis and teens here are so cold blood... hehe
Oct 17, 2017 10:39 AM

Nov 2011
Ah! Why did the girl with the glasses get out of the scene right away? The final twist, has had its effect, I was amazed.
Oct 25, 2017 4:15 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode, though I couldn't really feel anything for a character that we only met just know and who we didn't know anything about.

I guess Ange will somehow change places with Princess, though I'm not sure if we will be seeing her sacrificing herself :S I hope not.
I wonder if the opening scene has anything to do with this, the scene where Ange turns back (holding Princess) and aims the pistol at her teammates.
Oct 29, 2017 4:21 AM

Apr 2011
As if the tragic end of Ange's friend ain't enough, the old man in charge was replaced and ordered them to assassinate the princess. I'm curious on what happened to the girls that failed.

Now, how will Ange and co do this.
Dec 18, 2017 1:44 PM

Oct 2012
This was brutal... for one episode they did really well for character developement.
Of course, as usual they didn't act like spies at all but it was still good.

So revenge against the system this is? This is still cute girls doing cute things type of show at its core so I doubt the next two episodes would result into killing one of them but one never knows. Wonder how this goes.
Jan 23, 2018 4:44 AM

Mar 2015
Wow that ending! Heavy stuff.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2017

102 by rainbowScarlet »»
Apr 17, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

132 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 10, 2023 5:11 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

205 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 7, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Thatonebadbro - Sep 24, 2017

183 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 12:31 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2017

141 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.