Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 24, 2017 3:29 PM
Nov 2012
ZingFreelancer said:

Besides, what Eru did was change how crystal tissue is arranged, since he needed more durability, higher power output is pure side effect. Then he made it easier to switch between close range and long range by adding cannons to the back of the machine. That took shape in form of extra pair of hands, with a bit of ingenuity he modified magius engine (read on-board computer) to automate the process of aiming and firing. He did not invent any new technologies per say, he simply found a new ways to use existing technology.

Ahh makes sense. It's a revolutionary application of existing tech. instead of a new technology. While it might be hard to invent it, it's relatively easy to copy.
Aug 24, 2017 4:10 PM

Jan 2008
Been a bit slow these past few episodes but nice to see his mech finally ready. Shame we didn't get to see it in action.
Aug 26, 2017 9:24 AM

Dec 2014
well nice ernesti finally achieved his dreamm..I get the feeling that it will get serious from now on
Aug 26, 2017 11:37 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was great. I had a theory very early on that the reactors were made out of demons (I thought it was their heart but its a magic enabling crystal they have so I was close). Visually this 8 bits best looking show, its so vivid and detailed.
Aug 26, 2017 12:55 PM

Apr 2008
eXtacy67 said:
This episode was great. I had a theory very early on that the reactors were made out of demons (I thought it was their heart but its a magic enabling crystal they have so I was close). Visually this 8 bits best looking show, its so vivid and detailed.

The ether reactors are made with catalyst crystal they get from the mines. Catalyst crystal exist in certain creatures like demon beasts and elfs. It is responsible for turning mana into magic. They do not use demon best crystals because they are unstable and its dangerous to acquire them.
ZingFreelancerAug 26, 2017 1:17 PM
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Aug 27, 2017 1:34 AM
Apr 2017
Well, the first Episode was good and the rest is more like trash.

Feels very very rushed as they skip Months&Years almost each Episode.
In the first one they showed how complex one Magic Spell is and how the mc re-created one, with the skills from his former life.

But sadly they abandoned this Part and even the most Powerful Monsters dont stand a chance. Generally i love Mecha, but this one is just Garbage.

You can call the mc God by now as he learns every sacred race secret and technique in mere 3 months so that they wont be needed anymore .. thats a way to doom an anime
Sep 8, 2017 5:06 PM

Jan 2011
Kaze_Kitsune said:
Honestly, Ernesti feels less like an actual character and more like a god in this universe.

It's annoying how he's good at everything and learns everything so fast.

Also, the pace of this show is ridiculous. Fight, info-dump, skip ahead...

I don't know.

I guess his whole reincarnation bit pushes back on looking like a marty stu and more genre savvy but I think that's began to wear down. I get how programming and magic spells are similar and ridiculously so he retains some of that experience. But still feels like a marty stu in denial. The mecha part is less believable since they are concepts at most rather than pracrical designs, but ignoring the mix-match tech of this world (giant robots alongside horse and carriages) there's alot more that goes into designing robots I would assume, muxh like the next gen fighters IRL or not just the discovery od flight but computers combustion refinery, etc. So as far as the whole Ernie invents everything practically on his own it's harder and harder to look away from which is sad since they pretty much made this series all about Ernies hobby.

This fucking narrator man, do we really need a play by play? Seriously between the voice and the timing what little mood left over is ruined.

WarriorOfTimes said:
Feels very very rushed as they skip Months&Years almost each Episode.
In the first one they showed how complex one Magic Spell is and how the mc re-created one, with the skills from his former life.

But sadly they abandoned this Part and even the most Powerful Monsters dont stand a chance. Generally i love Mecha, but this one is just Garbage.

You can call the mc God by now as he learns every sacred race secret and technique in mere 3 months so that they wont be needed anymore .. thats a way to doom an anime

I think part of this stems from anime seeming to never want their characters to age. They refuse to get out of the 14-17 age bracket for their main characters. Also they know damn well why they made this kind nearly distinguishable from a girl, and having him age would ruining that gimmick.
QWERTYFish25Sep 8, 2017 5:38 PM
Nov 7, 2017 9:12 PM

Dec 2012
Dat OP blast.
Helvi front oppai.
Dat queen.
87? WTF!
Hello, Kitley. Dat oppai. I see them nipple lines.
Dat body.
He learned all their secrets in 3 months. LMAO
Dat oppai. Dat body.
She knows about his past life.
Nora is back. So fine.
The robot is complete.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 13, 2017 9:27 AM

May 2012
What an impressive episode, really loving it! Let's see what's next.
Jan 9, 2020 10:41 PM

Apr 2009
Hah! I knew it. Olver was an Elf....uhm well a version of this world's elves anyway. It seems the Alv Queen knows his past life just from that glance. Wonder if she can read minds too? LOL

It took a while but here we are at the end of episode 8, his very own mecha, designed and built from the cores up to the very exterior with his own blood, sweat, and (haven't seen any tears so far) toil, the Ikaruga!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 15, 2020 12:11 PM

Jun 2015
So it only took 8 episodes for Erni to get his own toy. Sonic speed pacing.
Ikaruga, huh. Nice game, I mean name.
Dec 30, 2020 6:05 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yes! He managed to make his knight, that's a great achievement
Oct 4, 2022 9:16 PM
Jan 2017
Nice! Another glorified action scene masquerading as an entire episode. Who would have thought?

This is just sad.
Aug 7, 2023 4:37 PM
Aug 2020
terrible in every way, i really deslike this story, its disgusting, horrible, disposable
Oct 21, 2023 1:32 AM

Nov 2022
Was really banking on the Ether reactor being like a computer, and Ernie could "code" the specifics. Too bad Ernie's background in that is pretty much meh as far as I can see.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2017

52 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

77 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

89 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2017

235 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2017

41 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.