Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 21, 2017 3:47 PM

Dec 2014
DarcyD said:
aikaflip said:
I can't help but roll my eyes now whenever I hear a character compliment someone's beautiful "porcelain white" skin because it reminds me of how shitty some Easterners are toward people with tans or darker skin. That distraction aside, this was a decent episode. Megumi is easily becoming my favorite. I like how chill she is compared to everyone else.

4/5

^^ this is very important. but idk why give utaha so much time early on if we're all going to acknowledge that megumi is endgame?!

To get out of the way these secondary girls's screen time in preparation for Meg's inevitable victory
Apr 21, 2017 4:43 PM
Apr 2016
In my opinion, it was rather strange episode with dull "date" - arrogant Utaha with "Don't talk when I'm reading" + another forced drama with sweating protagonist, who starts his flaming speech precisely in the most banal moment. Also protagonist's decisions are really strange ("we worked on the project for many months, but lets just fuck up the effort of all members and change half of the VN because Utaha wrote new scenario where she is a main heroine", wtf).

I believe it is also not really great to ask Utaha to stay, because he just wants to make games with her (wtf2). She has a bright future, after all.

Well, may be I'm overexaggerating, but I felt that quality of this episode slipped quite a bit. Anyway, I like this series so looking forward to new episodes.
Apr 21, 2017 11:14 PM

May 2015
This was a great episode with great jokes and references, those breaking the fourth wall moments tho Deadpool would be proud of this episode... (^_^ )
Apr 22, 2017 12:15 AM

Oct 2016
lol I just remembered that their game has incest twist in it. GO KATO!

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Apr 22, 2017 9:39 AM

Jun 2013
they added quite a few hidden references in this episode
- they used the iconic shaft "freeze frame with vibrant colours" during the bookstore scene
- aki trying to impersonate araragi's monologues in monogatari and it was spot on
- "why dont we see a bad live action adaption that is anguishing the fans of the original", a-1 pictures definitely firing shots at the ghost in the shell live action movie
Apr 22, 2017 10:56 PM

Apr 2017
Kato's Stealing the Show..... till Season 1... WOOHH... She just barged in.. without telling Eriri about how did she get a Key from Tomoya's House xD

Utaha... knows how to tell which is good and bad... about Live Actions..

Talk about Priceless Answer.. You Conniving Seductress.. <3!!

How suspicious.. My Sugar Eriri.. Stalking the two of them whether they doing something.. different..

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Apr 23, 2017 1:33 PM

Sep 2014
Honestly, i really love the direction they've taken so far. (This is me without knowledge of the manga passed season 1)

They've really started to give more and more background to the characters, so they aren't just simply a "cliche" archetype despite having most of them based off of that. The conversations between each character is still amazing, with a great balance of seriousness and humor, executed at the right time for the greatest impact.

TL;DR
So far, i've really enjoyed what has happened. Despite it being 2 years since season 1, i'm proud to say the wait for me was worth it and I really look forward to the future episodes.
Apr 23, 2017 1:36 PM

Sep 2014
DarcyD said:
aikaflip said:
I can't help but roll my eyes now whenever I hear a character compliment someone's beautiful "porcelain white" skin because it reminds me of how shitty some Easterners are toward people with tans or darker skin. That distraction aside, this was a decent episode. Megumi is easily becoming my favorite. I like how chill she is compared to everyone else.

4/5

^^ this is very important. but idk why give utaha so much time early on if we're all going to acknowledge that megumi is endgame?!

Honestly I think that's the point. Kato's entire archetype is based of a "background/side" character. I do agree that more focus towards he would be great, but the niche she's in right now is very fitting, and makes a lot of scenarios much more entertaining with an alternative perspective we wouldn't really think of.
Apr 23, 2017 2:05 PM

Nov 2011
Utaha is such a bitch, but being a silent bitch just adds to her character and really makes her better.
There's no need but causing Drama to write that alternate ending. Basically saying choose me or Megumi.

Which isn't the worst thing in the world, as long as Tomoya doesn't end up with Eriri.

Also Eriri was wearing the clothes that Megumi picked out for her which I thought was pretty adorable.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 23, 2017 5:29 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode again! Well, his decision now will be definitely crucial as imouto/Utaha or token heroine/Megumi also reflects on theme of this anime and can be see as reflection of it.

Utaha's day with Tomoya was pretty interesting, hell, they even tried to quote Monogatari's art and voice direction in one scene :D (yeah, the library)

Still, I believe his answer will be obvious if he gives her any. And whole this episode was probably just forshadowing of things to come (aka Utaha's moving on to Kansai university in the end).

But it's very fun to watch how Megumi didn't care at all that he was with another girl - simply becuase she doesn't need to be jealous at all, she is the most confident of them all (in reality she doesn't really care about those small things).
Mich666Apr 23, 2017 5:33 PM
Apr 23, 2017 6:07 PM

Oct 2012
Cleviojr said:
Really, I couldn't do the lip reading xd.ty

Can only guess A and O vowels but maybe someone with better knowledge of japanese can make whole sentence.

I made a capture of every frame:
Apr 24, 2017 1:50 PM

Feb 2008
The main character clearly has a thing for spewing beverages out of unusual orifices. His date with Utaha was intriguing, though, as were the actions of their cohorts.
Apr 25, 2017 6:46 PM

Oct 2008
such an overwhelming episode! feels like only 2 minutes! especially the 2nd part wherein Tomoya is summarising the other route of their game done by Utaha!
LOL at the first part! Monogatari!? SHAFT style scene even the script! that was brilliant!
Eriri & Kato just like some stalkers!
Kato's attitude, personality and all of her replies are pure WIN!
so Izumi-chan already has her own doujin circle! that was surprisingly heavy!
5/5!

Apr 25, 2017 8:41 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Utaha is like those smarks that have no remorse in criticizing a product while Tomoya is the casual person who just takes thing in a laid back way and often doesn't care if the product has bad cliches or bad moments.

Really liked Eriri and Megumi as well, especially Megumi. How she is just so calm, no wonder she's the best girl. And she has good taste in clothes, like everything she wears is spot on perfect, even her basic casual clothes.

Eriri using her hair to hit Tomoya, oh how hilarious, this girl does the funniest things in such a unique way.

Overall the episode was pretty good, Utaha had some rather nice facial expressions, like when she stares at Tomoya during that drink date. Really want her to stay, mostly so she can keep messing with Eriri lol.

Apr 25, 2017 9:03 PM

Sep 2012
is everyone forgetting that ghost in the shell is not the only anime -> live action adaptation in recent years? it's the only hollywood one, sure, but who gives a shit about hollywood

actually fucking everything has been getting a live action these days
Apr 25, 2017 9:47 PM

Sep 2015
I love the characters, the premise and the art of this show. It's funny, cute and interesting at the same but. But one thing really makes the show for me, and I give full props to the person, is Tomoya's voice actor. Nails it every single line.
Apr 26, 2017 5:57 AM
Jul 2018
WE NEED MORE UTAHA
Apr 27, 2017 5:45 AM

Dec 2012
Heh , How can you even marathon an entire monagatari series? Damn , Utaha is something else .. Reminded me of when I was watching monogatari ..

Apr 27, 2017 5:53 AM

Dec 2012
Dammit .. Utaha deserves to win .. Utaha SHOULD WIN! Though I like Megumi more but still ..

I would really enjoy a Harem ending but it seems impossible because of Rivalry between Eriri and Utaha .. What I fear for this anime is an ending like Haganai .. Anything but that ..

Apr 29, 2017 6:49 AM

Dec 2010
Askorti said:
Loved that Monogatari series reference early on. Also, I wonder if that part about bad live action adaptations was a snipe at the Ghost in The Shell movie. :P

I was thinking of Shingeki
May 1, 2017 9:29 AM
May 2014
well. all utaha's death flags are raised in this episode so we can only expect a megumi overwhelming victory.

Btw, was there a white album 2 reference?
May 2, 2017 10:52 AM
Mar 2012
nice shaft, even nisemonogatari is printed out.
Four Rhythm has a ps4 game? Mahouka movie poster already, Aki quite a fan.
Haifuri, Shinon & madoka figmas.
Utaha parts were very nice. Katou had his key a surprise.
May 6, 2017 7:21 PM

Feb 2013
Megumi has a key to his house? Oh wow Eriri's reaction to that...

Business decision: Do not use the rewrite. The cost of the change is too high.

Izumi's game seems more interesting.
"I'm cold" LOL
Jun 13, 2017 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
I'm liking Utaha even more now.

Katou has a key to Tomoya's house and Eriri's reaction was amusing. Eriri is still using her tail whip attacks. Still loveing Katou's remarks.

Jul 6, 2017 1:47 PM

Sep 2015
There's some stuff I actually liked in this episode. Tomoya's not nearly as grating as I found him in the first series. And his conversations with Utaha were actually pretty entertaining. I couldn't help but notice they seemed to be trashing SAO. In that one scene where they discussed the movie they saw. I've never liked Utaha more, tear that garbage apart. I'm curious how much of the obvious jabs at modern otakudom are updated by the anime team from the LNs.

I'm also a sucker for Eriri and Megumi together. And they really delivered on this one. Even though Eriri in trope stalker mode was kind of annoying. I noticed at the end Megumi made a comment to the effect of Eriri's incessant paranoia being "unbearable." I wonder if that was typical Megumi saying something outrageous in deadpan. Or if they're setting up some kind of tension between the two characters. As hinted at in the finale of the last series. I wouldn't mind if it led to some actual growth or development for either of them.

More annoyed than anything by the ending. I kind of forgot about the kouhai's evil brother. Not exactly thrilled to see where that's going. Still this show seems like it isn't trying as hard. And the good parts come more frequently and with seemingly less effort. I hope this season will change my mind about it honestly.
Aug 14, 2017 5:06 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent episode, quite liked that ending! Let's see what's next.
Aug 23, 2017 8:05 AM
May 2015
Great crossover =3
Sep 13, 2017 12:21 PM

Sep 2014
Eriri trying to spy Tomoya and Utaha was silly and funny. Megumi didn't seem to care at all. lol
I liked Utaha's and Tomoya's dialogue. It had lots of double meanings about the show itself and the industry in general.
So Utaha is thinking about studying in Kansai or not? Interesting. She also got two different scripts for the game, what a coincidence. Not sure if changing the whole game would be a good idea at this point, but sounds interesting.
A challenger appears! Rouge en rouge! I liked how intimidating Izumi and her brother looked, but they ended up ruining the moment by being silly. "I'm cold." xD
Oct 26, 2017 11:00 AM

Sep 2012
BurntJelly said:
Megumi has a key to his house? Oh wow Eriri's reaction to that...

that part was hilarious, i was expecting her to ask from Megumi are u guys secretly dating or what (or something like that) XD
Jan 13, 2018 7:20 AM

May 2015
Eriri on her regular spy mission.

Katou has the key. She the only one.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 15, 2018 2:05 PM

Aug 2017
Utaha is the best. I also don't know what she said before the train arrived. I like Tomo's speech to Utaha before she left. I like this cartoon a lot.
Apr 24, 2019 2:03 PM

Apr 2013
Woah, that episode somehow was over way too fast even though not much happened. There really isn't much happening, but the characters still make it enjoyable. Even the MC has his moments.
Jun 26, 2019 11:39 PM

May 2017
Kato using eriri as a dressing doll XD
Kato got the keys , nothing wrong just a kato thing
Wonder how many more things she have to hide
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Oct 20, 2019 2:47 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Tokoya said:
Jack_Corvus96 said:
I like how this show is Savage to cliché events on Anime/Novels, and how it goes straight savage with Live-action movies too lmao

I loved everything about their little date lol....If there's anything these past 2 eps have taught me, its that Utaha is going to have a big role in this season

So true!
They date was really cute, especially that ending.
Later half of the episode was also good, Megumi has a key to the house, leaving Eriri dumbfounded~~
Dec 20, 2019 8:27 PM

Jul 2013
We all know this show will end with a harem ending, that's just a basic thing.
Feb 4, 2020 7:37 PM

Feb 2019
Another awesome episode. Utaha-senpai was less teasing today but she was, how do I say it, far more attractive this time around. It didn't feel like her playing around with Tomoya as usual, but felt more like real attraction. The date and conversations were lovely honestly.

But then when Megumi and Eriri came over that was hilarious. Why does Megumi have a key to his house lol and Megumi's deadpan expressions compared to Tomoya's over-the-top energetic commentaries are always hilarious. Megumi's comments really are funny, like when she said she might be able to cry if there wasn't commentary and shouting.

But Eriri definitely saw the point of (this anime) how Megumi can low-key steal the spotlight every time lol
Jun 25, 2020 12:35 PM

Jun 2019
Well Played.. That " Monogatari " Gag with Tomoya made me laughed so hard. " This woman called Kasumiagaoka utaha is.. "
Oct 2, 2020 1:44 PM

Aug 2017
Utaha is really thinking about her future in this episode. She updated the script and gave the circle a choice now.

And as expected Eriri stalked their date and had Katou accompany her.

Katou was a complete savage in this episode. I really liked the scene where Katou pulled out Aki's house key from her bag in front of Eriri!! Eriri's reaction was priceless XDXD!!

That ending though. Iori and Izumi's circle are also making a game and will release that alongside Aki's game!! It's getting interesting now!!

Jan 16, 2021 4:26 AM

Jul 2017
Utaha and Tomoya's interactions in this episode were pretty nice, especially the fourth-wall breaking stuff as they take jabs at anime cliches or the occasional anime parody like when Utaha was reading the Monogatari series at the bookstore and the narration of Tomoya suddenly becomes like how Koyomi narrates in the Monogatari anime (wish there were some wacky direction too to make it work even better). Tomoya's got some important decision making to make surrounding which of Utaha's routes should he go for with the alternate one. One that fits the tone of the story, or one that doesn't fit the tone of the game as a whole but leads to a deeper, enriched story in the process.

Eriri is just so damn insecure about any single female being with Tomoya alone, she just stalks them 24/7 no matter what. First it was Megumi, now its Utaha here lol. Still find her to be easily the weakest link in the show since she can be unbearable for me a lot of times.
Mar 3, 2021 11:13 AM
May 2020
after finishing first season and seeing the topic about whether the MC is a douchebag or not, i was thinking he isnt really a douchebag but he sure is very annoying, but with him asking utaha to stay in this episode i am 100% agreeing with him being a douchebag.

like i wasnt really upset about him giving hopes to all the girls and leaving them hanging because he clearly states he has no interest in 3d girls so its mostly girls' fault for getting their hopes up, but when he tells utaha to stay even though he is being dense and doesnt understand the underlying implications its still an ass move.

i love megumi's confidence, she never gets jealous or petty like the other girls (except for that cousin thing), doesnt try to score points with tomoya because she knows she is the main girl. although she does feel more like tomoya's mother rather than a romantic interest.
Jul 14, 2021 1:30 AM

Jun 2020
Is Utaha-senpai still sane after that call yandere imouto They actually did a Monogatari style art after Utaha mentioned it quite cool, And that blank stare that Utaha just spouts suggesting a live adaptation as a movie that they'll watch netflix adaptations be like

And of course, Eriri spying them on every chance she gets, There was a bit of a development revolving around Utaha and Tomoya in that transit scene

Eriri surprised at Megumi having a spare key which she expected to have because she's his childhood friend, Eriri is not impressed by Utaha's alternate version of the story.
Jul 18, 2021 4:14 PM

Jul 2015
Utaha really put Tomoya on the spot their with her question on which university to attend (hilarious to see how she toyed with him to get his obvious reactions) and also which route version he should choose for the game.

Aug 7, 2021 9:16 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh, I like that he can actually talk and is kind of a man although he still is a SIMP and buckles under just having a girl touch his stomach like a loser. So that's better than most, but do they have to make him such an asshole? Likebe a nerd, focus on your game, but he is so unlikable outside of what is supposed to make him unpopular. He's like a Chad but he's never gotten anywhere with women so it doesn't work. Can they ever make a great MC that is something like a real human being with emotions and considerations while also being sexually interested in women? It's like you have to watch 10 Anime and piece parts from all 10 Anime protagonists to get a halfway decent human being.
Aug 18, 2021 6:59 AM
Jan 2019
I'm actually rewatching this rn and maybe i missed something, the type of vn maybe, but can't help but wonder what the problem is. Like she changed it so ruri is the main heroine? I just see another route. The main route is Megurin but it's possible based on your decisions that ruri takes over and not meguri so idk why they have to decide one or the other lmao.
Sep 15, 2021 2:36 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This is actually pretty good. It’s been a while, like quite a number of months since I watched the first season, I don’t remember it being this engaging. Hopefully it continues to be so for the rest of the season

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 28, 2021 9:41 AM

Nov 2010
You better not let Utaha get away!

But damn, Eriri and Megumi are equally attractive. If I was Tomoya, it'd be extremely difficult to choose one of them.
May 15, 2022 4:20 AM

Nov 2019
Fantastic episode. They've created a world in the visual novel, that feels surreal.

Katos ability to tolerate Eriri is beyond level of tolerable patience. If Eriri could just chill out for a bit.

Excellent coming of age vibes from Utaha. Whats interesting is how shes able to juggle being jaded and productive at the same time. I'd pick the 15 minute university.
Jan 24, 2023 1:10 PM

Aug 2020
Utaha not trying to seduce Tomoya for a change? And Megumi has a key of his house? Eriri nearly died when she saw her casually entering, lol
Feb 5, 2023 4:56 AM

May 2020
Look it doesn't mean including a Monogatari reference will make an episode good on its own, especially when we suffered a good part with Eriri there. Though the date with Utaha was good, and I always like to see how savage she becomes when it comes to making fun of those overused clichés in animanga.

That script still down terrible though.
Jan 7, 3:45 AM

Oct 2022
I love when Megumi has those possessive, yandere moments. Casually pulling out a key to his house lol.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2017

207 by MiyukiKennedy »»
May 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

179 by MiyukiKennedy »»
May 21, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

75 by MiyukiKennedy »»
May 21, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

278 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 2:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.