Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2017 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
Seriously.. a transfer to a new school.. having a duel on the first day...
Now where have I seen these before ? That aside, its refreshing to see how the duel turn out rofl.
I was laughing at quite some parts.. plus those commentary by the students and that mild fan service. XD
But I still hope to see the badass side of him tho.
Apr 4, 2017 11:30 AM

Aug 2015
Personally not really a big fan of these characters that talk big but are just plain bad.

But had some funny moments. Enjoyable enough.
Apr 4, 2017 11:42 AM

Sep 2016
bland and bad because the girls are more childish cute instead of sexy adult.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 4, 2017 11:53 AM

Sep 2013
Nice school battle harem, give me more :)

ibraheem234 said:
the mc is really a bastard ...or portrayed that way...don't have any respect for him

Bastard isn't the best translation, more like a good for nothing.
Apr 4, 2017 12:00 PM
Jan 2014
Does Glenn's character gets better? I seriously hate character's with attributes like that and is close to dropping this (this is the reason why I dropped Nabari no Ou and Chaos Dragon just for reference).
I do like Ryner of Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu or Ikta of Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin however.
Apr 4, 2017 12:04 PM

Jul 2013
I like that the MC is a lame and good-for-nothing jerk instead of an OP nice guy. I also like the hot blonde teacher. Everyone else it's meh, especially the white haired girl.

I cannot believe they pulled the cliche of the MC watching all the girls naked (or half-naked in this case) in the locker room in the first episode. Unless something amazing happens later, that should be an indication of the quality of the series.
Apr 4, 2017 12:08 PM

Apr 2016
Rinkawa said:
Does Glenn's character gets better? I seriously hate character's with attributes like that and is close to dropping this (this is the reason why I dropped Nabari no Ou and Chaos Dragon just for reference).
I do like Ryner of Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu or Ikta of Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin however.

Apr 4, 2017 12:13 PM
Jan 2014
Xarkiesami said:
Rinkawa said:

Thank you. I guess I'll continue to watch this. It's still on the first episode after all.
Apr 4, 2017 12:30 PM

Jul 2014
Vanschia said:
I like the mango, so I really enjoyed this
best uniform ever ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

it's great for some belly fetish, IYKWIM (° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 4, 2017 12:31 PM

Apr 2015
I'm gonna enjoy this one

btw how isn't this tagged as 'Ecchi'? seems so weird for me
Apr 4, 2017 12:37 PM

Jan 2008
Oh man, those female uniforms with those garter belts, all exposing dem backs and midriffs. Totally serve no other purpose other than fanservice.... which I'm a-okay with!

It at least was amusing how it joked about the cliches.
Apr 4, 2017 12:51 PM
Nov 2010
TragicRomance said:
Embarrassing MC. Also he acts childish despite being an adult. Guess I am out.

Stick around for 3 episodes. You might change your mind.
Apr 4, 2017 12:57 PM

Sep 2013
already read the manga

can't wait for the next week episode
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
Apr 4, 2017 1:01 PM

Mar 2011
If you read the manga or don't mind spoilers, check it out. Also, I'm asking about something in the second spoiler for those that read the manga.

[/spoiler][/quote]

Apr 4, 2017 1:15 PM

Jun 2010
If literally the only good thing about your shitty Anime is going to be the skin, just adapt a Hentai.
Jul 2014
Glenn is my favourite character already!
Mar 2015
Oh my gosh that was hilarious! I haven't laughed that much since Konosuba.

Dont get why everyone is hating on it already, I found it quite entertaining and cant wait to watch future episodes!

Apr 4, 2017 1:26 PM

Jul 2016
I could not even manage to sit through the entirety of ep. 1 before dropping it, the boob grabbing scene at around minute 12 felt like the last straw to me.

Seriously, if you are about to introduce a lazy ass teacher like that, can you at least give us one smidget of a reason to like him to a small extent? Being a perv does not rly cut it to me - and justifying it with a troubled past later on is as good as a copout. I'm glad somebody mentioned Onizuka before in this discussion - that's a good example of a flawed but still likeable (right from ep. 1) teacher.

But what I hated the most were the students. The hell is wrong with those girls? They didn't feel like believable chars in the slightest (again, compare it with the students in GTO, especially the ones from the private school), but rather some generic stereotypes from lowest-denominator anime comedy. As somebody mentioned, this feels like guilty pleasure at best - but personally, I could not find it amusing in the slightest.
Apr 4, 2017 1:26 PM
May 2016
I found the episode very enjoyable over all. Any moment that I didn't really like was out shined by the next one.
Apr 4, 2017 1:29 PM
May 2016
It doesn
evyyy said:
I'm gonna enjoy this one

btw how isn't this tagged as 'Ecchi'? seems so weird for me

It doesn't have enough fanservice to be considered ecchi by many websites
Apr 4, 2017 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
Thread Cleaned.

Per Rule 5 of the Series board, remember that asking when subs/raws are released or where to download/watch an episode is not allowed.

As for the episode, I was expecting the teacher to whip out some cool power in that duel so I was kinda disappointed with the result. Still there were other parts I found a bit funny so I'll give it a few more episodes.
Apr 4, 2017 1:55 PM

Jan 2012
I've red themanga

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonAug 11, 2019 6:31 AM
Apr 4, 2017 1:55 PM

Jun 2012
That was absolutely hilarious!! I loved it. Sisti seems more like the main character than Rumia, and really enjoying all this banter. The magic system seems cool too.
Apr 4, 2017 1:56 PM

Jul 2011
Loved the Glenn's personality. Hopefully it doesn't mirror Charlotte's MC, Yuu(?) (where he quickly just... became generic). That said, I can tell that Glenn will probably going to get more malleable with his students further down or any sort of plot won't progress, I'm just asking him to still have a semblance of a jerkish, give no shits attitude by the end. In any case, they've been dropping hints and alluding to this guy's backstory throughout the episode, I'm sure there's more to him than... actually totally useless.

Usually, I get really pissed off with character archetypes like Sistine but in this case, I can't help but feel awfully sorry for her. I guess this is like a cathartic watch of your least favourite character archetype get pwned so bad that you just feel bad ^^'

Imo, it's a promising first episode. Stuff should get revealed in time and Rumia will gradually seem less like a waste of space.
Apr 4, 2017 2:15 PM

May 2016
I was expecting a MC overpowered... but it's funny and never bored.
So 4.5/5 for this episode.

I hope for a final episode with MC overpower
Apr 4, 2017 2:20 PM

Jan 2014
Soli18 said:
Jotakak said:
Lol why would people think this is a harem

I mean, the two main female characters seem gay for each other.

Idk if you're serious but that clearly was for comedy purpose.

Anyway loved this episode. Really funny.

Btw could I also have a look pl0x

Her friend has the hots for her and gets easily jealous so no, I'm not kidding.
Apr 4, 2017 2:30 PM

Apr 2015
Jotakak said:
Soli18 said:

Idk if you're serious but that clearly was for comedy purpose.

Anyway loved this episode. Really funny.

Btw could I also have a look pl0x

Did you base that on just 1 episode or did you read the manga/light novel?
Apr 4, 2017 2:31 PM

Mar 2013
Those school uniforms are.... not even school uniforms... (-_-) bleh.
Anyways, I wonder what the guys background is.
KilikcliaApr 4, 2017 6:15 PM
Apr 4, 2017 2:37 PM

Jun 2012
Really cool ep, at least it feels it's not only ecchi on contrary of other harems. The events are generic but their conclusions aren't, it's like it's mocking tropes(like the bumping into the female MC, the duel, etc...), since the MC always gets screwed xD
The OP said that the comedy is out of nowhere, I don't see a problem with that, the part with he shoving the beans and steal the cake was unpredictable and hilarious.
SnaitaApr 4, 2017 2:42 PM
Apr 4, 2017 2:38 PM

Dec 2016
Midriff: The Animation

Welp, at least there was a dressing room joke.......

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
Apr 4, 2017 2:50 PM

Nov 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was dumb with the way it started. The MC (being wet) making an awkward introduction to the girls while attempting to look cool.

You can say the start is cliche, but dumb isnt the right word. How would u make a "smart" start? It doesnt even make sense
Apr 4, 2017 2:53 PM

Jan 2014
Soli18 said:
Jotakak said:

I could ask the same of you. Characters aren't default straight. If I asked you to prove to me based off this one episode that she's not gay for her friend, I know for a fact that you wouldn't be able to. In my original post, I said "seem gay for each other" not "THEY'RE CANON GAY" but you're trying to brush it under a rug anyway by calling it 'just comedy' and it's annoying.
Apr 4, 2017 2:55 PM

Jun 2013
Megane-kun was obviously the highlight of this episode. He unshamedly did the anime glasses shine and said "Now is this is getting interesting" in the same episode.
Apr 4, 2017 2:59 PM
Nov 2016
That 1st episode is making me want to know what happens next, why did he get picked. xd
Apr 4, 2017 3:10 PM

Apr 2015
Jotakak said:
Soli18 said:

I could ask the same of you. Characters aren't default straight. If I asked you to prove to me based off this one episode that she's not gay for her friend, I know for a fact that you wouldn't be able to. In my original post, I said "seem gay for each other" not "THEY'RE CANON GAY" but you're trying to brush it under a rug anyway by calling it 'just comedy' and it's annoying.

Hmm I was simply asking a question. Tbh I don't know why you got kinda triggered. Btw you still didn't answer my simple question.

Extracting from your quote on my comment it seems like you look at this anime with yuri goggles on. And now you're saying that I try to brush this under a rug? Aren't you brushing this under a rug because you are clearly looking through your goggles and base something one just 1 scene hmmm.

Back to your statement from before:
>Her friend has the hots for her and gets easily jealous so no, I'm not kidding.
Could I ask you where you thought Sisti became jealous in the episode?
Jun 2015
First Episode funny and the anime is starting nice ! Except those weird french maid outfits everything is good ! 4/5

Ps:Aie aie aie ! 9 hour before,, when i checked the score of this new anime it was 8,12 now it's 7,57 wtf would be the score tomorrow xd ???
MisanthropianApr 4, 2017 3:27 PM

Apr 2009
So did this school pick out their uniforms at a fetish convention?

Apr 2016
If only u guys knew how much power the MC actually has XDDD
2D > 3D
Apr 4, 2017 3:14 PM

Apr 2015
Spooty said:

Ayyayyy not that I mind tho LUL
Apr 4, 2017 3:18 PM
Oct 2015
Awful,so many points to rage about it would take longer than the whole episode.
Soo,we have 1 mc with ideals of justice,he kills a few people,reality confronts him,he runs like a cowards and starts this stupid farce we see right now.Can't have a realistic mc now can't we?A colder attitude maybe,a depressed or sad one,maybe quiet?Nop,we jump from a mc realizing he's not in some hero tale to a lecherous,incapable one.How?Hell if I know.
Next we have 2 little girls since they probably think we are incapable of handling a normal girl with some maturity and not looking like 12 y old.Too hard on our souls ah?
For real,why give the mc a past which I can't link him too?'Cause it does not make sense this whole transition to his current personality.Hiding in the locker and spying on girls?
Don't know what's refreshing here.We have a buffoon as a mc and cringeworthy comedy.
Oh and forgot about the ears of the girl.Fucking ears.

He could be god for all I care,his personality takes all the screen for me.I can't bother to want the honey when I have bees stinging my eyes.
midnight20145Apr 4, 2017 3:22 PM
Apr 4, 2017 3:22 PM

May 2009
I expected Glenn to be similar to Kuusen Madoushi's MC due to similar plot (also he was only good part of that shit anime, even girls sucked), but scummy protagonist is fine too.
Only problem is LidenFilms is shitty studio which outsources almost everything, in this case there was QUALITY already in first episode - Glenn's desk in classroom changed size multiple times during same scene. Also, where is consistency? His handwritten CV was in English while he wrote Self Study on blackboard in Japanese.

I'm surprised that Mikimoto draw the endcard.

neonie said:
If literally the only good thing about your shitty Anime is going to be the skin, just adapt a Hentai.

Skin? Studios aren't the ones that decide what adapt. These days hentai is only made by shit tier studios.
Apr 4, 2017 3:35 PM

Jan 2014
Soli18 said:
Jotakak said:

Hmm I was simply asking a question. Tbh I don't know why you got kinda triggered. Btw you still didn't answer my simple question.

Extracting from your quote on my comment it seems like you look at this anime with yuri goggles on. And now you're saying that I try to brush this under a rug? Aren't you brushing this under a rug because you are clearly looking through your goggles and base something one just 1 scene hmmm.

Back to your statement from before:
>Her friend has the hots for her and gets easily jealous so no, I'm not kidding.
Could I ask you where you thought Sisti became jealous in the episode?

You're the one that felt the need to respond to my original post. Your question is irrelevant as I have already proven. I wasn't basing anything off of one scene. It was an overall observation not a statement. Also, you're thinking of just the changing room scene which was extremely gay but I was actually talking about in general. As for the jealousy part I mentioned, I'm referring to the scene where Sisti's friend is chatting with the teacher at lunch. Anyway, I think you're looking at this with /hetero/ goggles because there's a lot more implying she's possibly gay than anything else and I'm not even stating she is so how about you stop being 'triggered' lolol Big fucking whoop if I think she might possibly be gay for her friend. Get the fuck over it and next time make your own post to write your comments on instead of quoting me

Also, I don't want to hear another word out of you when you have 'Genres I dislike: Yuri' on your profile because clearly you're the biased one

No wonder you're so upset but apparently I'm the triggered one lmao

(Also I find it ironic that the first sentence on your profile is that you're a very open person)
JotakakApr 4, 2017 3:42 PM
Apr 4, 2017 3:50 PM

Oct 2012
lol all i hear is tsurumaru when glenn talks
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Apr 4, 2017 3:50 PM

Apr 2016
I actually really liked the first episode! It was nice to come home, sit down, and relax while watching it.
I noticed a lot of people are saying that the humor is "out of no where", but I think that's what makes it funny. It made me chuckle at least.
I already love Glenn after the first few seconds he was introduced, and that only grew as the episode went on! He seems like such a lazy, trash kind of guy (who's pretty relatable to be honest) and he made me laugh quite a few times. Can't wait to see his backstory!
Also Sisti is a savage. I love her lol
And I already ship her with Rumia...
Apr 4, 2017 3:55 PM

Jan 2009
It's easy to dismiss this show as "yet another stupid magic academy harem" after episode 1. After all, that's how it looks, doesn't it? What more would we need to know?

Except that it isn't. It's no harem, the overarching storyline is actually dark - almost brutal - and the characters are not just moe-dripping fluffballs, but rather distinct personalities. You'll see.

The first episode has a really weak, cliche-ridden start in LN and manga, too. Nevermind that and bear with it. The real story begins with episode 2.
MentarApr 4, 2017 3:59 PM
Apr 4, 2017 4:00 PM

Jul 2015
Really loved it. MC is hilarious af. Looking forward to next episode
Apr 4, 2017 4:00 PM

Aug 2013
I thought it was going to be really serious but I don't mind the filthy casual comedy. The mild bits of fanservice were honestly the things they could have kept. I mean, that's what felt out of place for me. But I'm just in this for the comedy and nothing else really. I feel reminded of Denpa Kyoushi in a slight manner.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 4, 2017 4:03 PM
Oct 2012
Spooty said:

Which is how the traditional "sailor uniform" was picked in the first place, so at least this is historically accurate.

Apr 4, 2017 4:28 PM

Jul 2016
You know an anime makes a good start when it manages to put a smile on your face. Really enjoyable and interesting so far!
Apr 4, 2017 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
This episode made me fucking laugh and have a fun and good time after the boredom I got through with the stuff I did this day. Yeah it's cliche and generic, but the things that made this series pretty good is pretty much Glenn and some of the characters' reactions towards what he's doing, which is him being a jerk and a dumbass, which I love these type of characters with a mix of being an asshole and being also just smug or anything.

Pretty interested in how it will go but I think I'll love this series if the consistency keeps up, and in terms of execution it was actually done quite decently in my eyes.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

135 by amf85 »»
Apr 22, 12:37 PM

» Season 2?

LaughingCoffinx - Oct 17, 2017

44 by Walker1121 »»
Mar 26, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

258 by nima_bio »»
Jan 30, 3:52 PM

» How do you feel about Fibel Sistine? ( 1 2 )

Eromanga-sensei - Jun 8, 2017

57 by someone_idkwho »»
Jan 30, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2017

192 by SlightlyThicc »»
Jan 27, 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.