Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 4, 2017 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
lmao that spanking scene
Mar 4, 2017 2:38 PM
Apr 2013
Ah, the lovely childhood friend. Glad to see Junichi at least had something to smile at while being stood up.
Shoryu said:
Aureolus
Life-enhancing-body-suits are good and all, but they can't protect you against the void.
Shoryu said:
Hopefully a better quote in the near future
Become a friend of Blahkabelison, they're a female.
Mar 4, 2017 2:47 PM

Jan 2014
Quite dissapointed at the first episode of this arc actually. I too was looking forward to the childhood friend arc, but the fact that she really does seem to be like a child, and her overall bland character ruins it for me really. Also, the continuous Tsuneki references that further establish her role as a badass don't help either.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 4, 2017 5:26 PM

Oct 2011
JUNIICHI! !!! Is that you? ??
Omg tea senpai now Home Ect Senpai! !! Maybe their daughters?

Maybe Kyoko will be a chef/pancake maker in the future or be a housewife to Kamita
Mar 5, 2017 2:01 AM

Apr 2012
Ayase said:
Uhh this is getting pretty confusing the way these arcs are working out. I don't have a clue how this anime is playing out or maybe I have no clue how arcs are working in this, first few eps it's all about Tsuneki x Kamita, then Miyamae x Kamita and now Kyoko x Kamita. But how does it all tie together? Do they remember what happens or something like that?

Why do they display kamita having relationships with different people and for what purpose?

All the arcs don't really tie in for anything huge in the end. The omnibus/multiverse format of this anime is only to feature different scenarios for the protagonist with each girl at a certain timeframe. After the arc, the calendar is reset with the protagonist making different choices thus changing the events and ending up with someone else. You will see in some instances that events with a previous girl will be mentioned or shown but without the protagonist involvement.

It's main purpose is to subjectively showcase which girl is best suited for Shoichi.
Janethan23Mar 5, 2017 2:21 AM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 5, 2017 3:46 AM

Apr 2015
this arc started pretty good imo
I hope it'll keep like this
Mar 5, 2017 4:09 AM

May 2015

Janethan23 said:
Ayase said:
Uhh this is getting pretty confusing the way these arcs are working out. I don't have a clue how this anime is playing out or maybe I have no clue how arcs are working in this, first few eps it's all about Tsuneki x Kamita, then Miyamae x Kamita and now Kyoko x Kamita. But how does it all tie together? Do they remember what happens or something like that?

Why do they display kamita having relationships with different people and for what purpose?

All the arcs don't really tie in for anything huge in the end. The omnibus/multiverse format of this anime is only to feature different scenarios for the protagonist with each girl at a certain timeframe. After the arc, the calendar is reset with the protagonist making different choices thus changing the events and ending up with someone else. You will see in some instances that events with a previous girl will be mentioned or shown but without the protagonist involvement.

It's main purpose is to subjectively showcase which girl is best suited for Shoichi.

Ah alright then, thanks for the info. I know what's going on now, I do wish they would show a little more with Tsuneki and Kamita though, since 2 episodes or so ago they would display Miyamae as a Kindergarten teacher and Kamita as a Bus driver, but Tsuneki and Kamita's relationship hardly goes anywhere further and that kinds of upsets me :(
“You choose to be hurt rather than to hurt others, right?
You’re nice and wonderful.
But while it seems like you are choosing both,
you’re really forsaking both.”
Mar 5, 2017 4:41 AM

Jan 2013
Kyouko best girl.
Mar 5, 2017 6:02 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Pretty good episode
I really like Kyouko as she's pretty different from Hikari who's feisty and Toru who's headstrong. Kyouko is just plain innocent and cute.

So Shouichi loved to cosplay when he was little eh. That was pretty unexpected. So this arc is focused on Shouichi's childhood friend then Kyouko eh. It looks like Shouichi didn't have a good summer though not as a good as Hikari's eh lol. Hmm so their common interest is manga eh. Lol Kyouko being called childish by Shouichi. Though its funny seeing him having to apologize later on though. So the manga that they read when they were little is now much changed now. Well people's opinions and perception of you do change over time. As you age you are supposed to develop interests in other things as well. Man that student in the tracksuit and his threat though. Its more funny than intimidating really. Kyouko is kinda like a inquisitive first year that is just entering that point in their lives as teenagers eh. Man Kyouko's stabs at Shouichi hit straight to the point eh. Only childhood friends can be like that i guess. Lol Hikari sneezing as soon as Shouichi spoke about her.

Hmm a one hour all you can eat event eh. Wow to think that Shouichi had that appetite to eat that many pancakes though. Lol Kyouko can remember that much from grade school eh. Well Shouichi did ask Hikari out back in her arc though. A fanclub for Hikari eh. lol that sounds something that Kyouko would do. Its nice seeing Shouichi worry over his childhood friends though. Only his sister can see through Shouichi's true feelings eh. So trek guy got conned so he went crying to Tomoe who's friends with the SC president eh. Hmm so the home ec club seems more like a market as they pay for any items that are given to them. And a girls only club eh. Hmm thats quite the impressive manga collection that Kyouko has. And the same one that she found a common interest in with Shouichi. Kyouko is quite lucky to run into some nice upperclassman though. Shouichi's reaction when told that his sister is being used as a poster girl though. Its nice seeing Shouichi worry about Kyouko though. This club though does look somewhat shady.

Ah so they wanted to train Kyouko to be more womanly i see. She does look quite pretty and mature in that kimono though i give them that. A moon viewing party eh. Sounds like it will be fun. Hmm the home ec club sure has high goals though. Its funny seeing Kyouko always make Shouichi embarrassed though. Hmm so the previous president was Shiori eh. Ah so they reuse clothes to sell in order to supplement their budget then eh. Quite a ingenious method really. They also fulfill requests from other students as well eh. Kinda like a production club i guess. Lol Trek captains idea didn't give them a lot to work on for the banner though. Its nice to see that Kyouko has found a club that she has shown interest in and that Shouichi has given his accent and blessing though.

Nice ending theme as well
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2017 10:12 AM

Apr 2012
Marina2 said:
Thyriad-oPPailov said:

anyway.. it is third year of Shouichi school and he knows Takeshi? and later Kyouko talks about Shouichi playing games with Tooru and there is Tooru's friend later?
but Shouichi doesn't know about Tsuneki being on camp with deers ;D? He also doesn't know that Takeshi and Tsuneki know each other and that she works part time in that restaurant?
how fu**ed up is this timeline? -1 in rank because of this
so for me this anime is downhill
went from rank 9 after first arc to 7 now and I bet it won't go any higher this arc will be worst as we already knew after first episodes.

also ED song is so ordinary that boring - same as Kyouko :/

Timeline is not wrong. You are the one who is confused. Please remember that

The event of Tsuneki's arc starts in July. Tooru's arc start in May. Kyoko's arc starts around September.

- Shouichi will enter Tsuneki arc if he choose to attend the camp - if not, all his relationship and interaction with Tsuneki in ep.2-4 will never happen.

- Shouichi will enter Tooru arc if he called out to her at 14.00 in ep.6, if not, all his relationship and interaction with Tooru after that will never happen.

Now, Kyoko arc is the universe where he never entered Tooru and Tsuneki route ,so he don't know any detail that he would know from entering their route. He know all details in the story beside that, however.

That's why in Kyoko arc...

- He doesn't know about Tsuneki and deer because he didn't attend the camp
- He doesn't know Shiori (Tooru and Moe-nee friend) because Tooru never introduced her to him and he didn't go to Comiket.
- Oh, He probably knows about Tsuneki and her part-time work but he has to keep her secret in front of Kyoko.

When I heard her say that I was like those things weren't supposed to happen in her arc since all the events are reset at a certain point in time. That being said; I'm guessing Kyouko's arc starts around the time Tsuneki got back from her ordeal from summer classes which she attended ALONE because we clearly see Kamita envying her for having a great time at an "exclusive place" she's bragging about.

I don't know about the other girls point in time wherein they're know certain events or information but let me remind you guys that in Amagami-SS in Miya's episode her story takes place at the time Junichi practically knows and did a few things with each girl but in that scenario he hasn't made his choice or rather didn't do the things that made a girl consider him as boyfriend material yet. That episode takes place in some sort of crossroad in Junichi's life.

In my opinion Kyouko's storyline takes place in that scenario wherein Shoichi made different choices to be informed but not involved enough with a previous girl.
Janethan23Mar 5, 2017 5:21 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.

To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 5, 2017 1:17 PM

Aug 2015
Good first episode for this arc. The interactions between Shouichi and Kyouko actually feel natural and aren't forced.
Mar 6, 2017 5:25 AM
Jun 2013
Janethan23 said:
dqtl74 said:
...It's a good sign that they already show some of Kamita's attraction to Kyouko as this may mean she gets a happy ending...

I hope you're right. I really really hope it's true for Kyouko because I get the feeling were in for a tragic ending if not a very sad one at that.
My reference to this is the scene in episode 9's opening song: In the scene at 1:49 she's the only girl featured with her back turned fading away like symbolizing goodbye.

Oh no please.. No.. I cant take it...
Mar 6, 2017 5:57 AM
Jun 2014
Janethan23 said:
So far this episode has all the Amagami traits:
- Establishing a solid backstory in the first minute.
- Chemistry and vibe of the couple already being shipped.
- Directly focusing solely on the main characters.
- Minor characters were almost non-existent.
- Previous heroeins events were refenced but with the protagonist not influencing their timeline.

Were the writers replaced?

Yeah, this is the first episode that has actually felt like Amagami. Fingers crossed it continues for the rest of this arc.
Mar 6, 2017 9:49 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I find Kyouko so precious. I really hope they finish her arc nicely. She looks like she'll be fun to watch.

Mar 7, 2017 3:23 AM
Mar 2017
Pretty good episode. I think by now it's obvious the romance isn't the main point of the anime, but really a "reward" for reaching the end of a girl's route.

So this arc is going to be Kyouko changing herself to become more of a woman for Shouchi to notice. Unlike Rihoko, she's actually trying her hardest instead of delaying her dieting or stuffing her face with fatty foods. At least it'll lead to an actual ending whether we like it or not.

I liked the continuity with Takeshi and Shouchi becoming friends and Takeshi still showing off the mascot. Also really nice to see Rin and Shouchi getting along well, and that Ruise has a little sister (without the bags under her eyes). Also I laughed at Kyouko introducing Rin to her manga and making her cry, that's what's Ruise's interaction with Shouchi will be about next episode. Thanks childhood friend!

Hikari still hasn't solved her arc's problem yet though, but I think this arc is the one where it comes to a conclusion and she concentrates on her studies to become a cook. I'm expecting a cook-off with Kyouko with Shouchi being the judge later on.

I think it's obvious where the arc is heading, but I'm going to to enjoy the ride.
Mar 7, 2017 11:33 AM

May 2009
LOL at the character recycling, specially since there's no way they are their daughters since this only happens around 8 years after Amagami. Reminds a lot of Suginami on Da Capo series... this one is an actual descendant tho.

That crossdressing scene really got me off-guard lol
Mar 7, 2017 2:27 PM

Aug 2014
Marina2 said:
Thyriad-oPPailov said:

anyway.. it is third year of Shouichi school and he knows Takeshi? and later Kyouko talks about Shouichi playing games with Tooru and there is Tooru's friend later?
but Shouichi doesn't know about Tsuneki being on camp with deers ;D? He also doesn't know that Takeshi and Tsuneki know each other and that she works part time in that restaurant?
went from rank 9 after first arc to 7 now and I bet it won't go any higher this arc will be worst as we already knew after first episodes.

The event of Tsuneki's arc starts in July. Tooru's arc start in May. Kyoko's arc starts around September.

- Shouichi will enter Tsuneki arc if he choose to attend the camp - if not, all his relationship and interaction with Tsuneki in ep.2-4 will never happen.

- Shouichi will enter Tooru arc if he called out to her at 14.00 in ep.6, if not, all his relationship and interaction with Tooru after that will never happen.

Now, Kyoko arc is the universe where he never entered Tooru and Tsuneki route ,so he don't know any detail that he would know from entering their route. He know all details in the story beside that, however.

- He doesn't know Shiori (Tooru and Moe-nee friend) because Tooru never introduced her to him and he didn't go to Comiket.
- Oh, He probably knows about Tsuneki and her part-time work but he has to keep her secret in front of Kyoko.

thx for your reply, but how do you know what month is the arc of each girl? at first I was thinking that each school year of Shouichi is one arc and that is why all this didnt make sense for me in this episode
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 7, 2017 2:37 PM
Mar 2017
Thyriad-oPPailov said:

thx for your reply, but how do you know what month is the arc of each girl? at first I was thinking that each school year of Shouichi is one arc and that is why all this didnt make sense for me in this episode

The timeline is on the official website. It gets updated every Monday.
Mar 8, 2017 10:22 AM

Jul 2016
whoa, I like this girl more than the other two. Well, hope it will turns out well with the story.
Mar 8, 2017 3:07 PM
Oct 2013
I really thought it was a girl...

...and when I thought the man on the bench was Kamita's future self smiling at his younger self...

my mind blew.
Mar 9, 2017 1:52 AM

Dec 2009
That mahou shoujo outfit is so cute and sexy.

I wish a loli was wearing it instead, though i'm pretty jealous.

Another arc of quirky interests and multifaceted personalities, gonna like this one a lot. I really appreciate how he's got girly interests and interested in girl talk etc, but isn't necessarily interested in BEING a girl - i think that's cool (that's how you break gender preconceptions the right way).
Kyouko is super cute too.
GenesisAriaMar 9, 2017 3:59 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 9, 2017 3:58 PM

Feb 2016
Kamita getting spanked.
Mar 9, 2017 5:14 PM

Nov 2009
Finally a decent heroine.
It's a shame that the mc and the weird shit that's happening still keeps ruining the show.
Mar 10, 2017 8:24 AM

Oct 2008
I hope this arc won't the common troupe route: "childhood friends never win"...
4/5.

Mar 10, 2017 9:45 AM

Apr 2012
CaptainET said:
Kamita getting spanked.

I wanna see a gif of that lol.

Mar 10, 2017 12:59 PM

May 2012
This new girl seems to be the best one, but i was SO bored during this episode. This is the problem with animes that do these kind of arcs. They have to start everything from the beginning and it can be repetitive unless the anime is really interesting...which Seiren is not.

Probably here is where i leave this ship. 5/10 is fair enough i guess.
I despise woke people.
Mar 12, 2017 12:00 AM

Mar 2009
Kyouko's cute.

Didn't even realize that was Junichi. I just thought that was some shady guy in the park.
Mar 12, 2017 7:48 AM
Captain

Jun 2014
Shit man, I really want to see Tomoe's panties at this moment...
Mar 12, 2017 7:30 PM
Sep 2012
Incredible. The first girl was an extroverted, super-fun beauty. The second girl was a beautiful, shy, and busty gamer girl. Yet in only one episode, third girl, Kyouko, the childhood friend, has already cemented her place as best girl in my heart.
Mar 15, 2017 5:04 AM

May 2011
saeed1m said:
lol ... in the begining that was Junichi from Amagami...

Yuzuki and Hiba senpai from Rihoko arc in amagami also attended here. i was waiting for Rihoko too but she didnt appear

I notice right away lol

Mar 22, 2017 8:59 PM

Jan 2013
Harmless enough start to the arc. Nothing exciting
Apr 16, 2017 6:26 PM

May 2012
Decent start of this arc, let's see what happens next though!
Jun 20, 2017 9:50 PM

Mar 2015
Third girl is more the cute type than sexual eh
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 12, 2017 2:37 PM

Jul 2013
Was that dude of the beginning Junichi? Considering that was likely the place where he was stood up, I'm sure it had to be him. If it's indeed Junichi, it was a pretty cool detail.

The crossdressing (and the male panty shot, and the spanking) of the beginning took me totally for surprise. I thought it was Shouichi's sister... and then it's revealed it's Shouichi himself, lmao.
It's funny seeing they used Jouji Nakata to voice the toy magical staff of the costume. It brings Narrator-kun flashbacks.

And they even recycled Rihoko's senpais into two new characters (and very similar in personality as well). It seems that it doesn't matters how much times passes, there are things that never change...
Mar 14, 2018 10:33 AM

Jul 2016
"Are you gonna ask Tsuneki out?"

Yes! Do it! Who cares about Kyouko? Give me more Hikari!
Jan 19, 2019 3:59 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like the most boring girl, but at least he doesn't have as creepy thoughts as in the other two arcs and the romance seems a bit more believable.
Jan 1, 2020 4:19 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really good start to this arc, the new girl is really cute
Mar 25, 2020 10:08 PM
Feb 2020
What shocked me in this episode:
-It was Shouichi who was cross-dressing in the beginning
-Junichi made a cameo (the guy at the bench)
-Blatant and borderline objectionable fanservice of a CHILD
-Manaka’s and Ruriko’s presumed nieces (?) make an appearance
Mar 25, 2020 10:14 PM
Feb 2020
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Sempais duo appeared not only in Amagami but also in KimiKiss with same appearences and seiyuus but different names.

Not that many people remember KimiKiss now.

I still remember it as a show causing rage amongst the fans because of the ending.
Mar 25, 2020 10:17 PM
Feb 2020
Marina2 said:
Thyriad-oPPailov said:

Astute observation
Mar 25, 2020 11:54 PM

Sep 2009
theprussian said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Sempais duo appeared not only in Amagami but also in KimiKiss with same appearences and seiyuus but different names.

Not that many people remember KimiKiss now.

I still remember it as a show causing rage amongst the fans because of the ending.

If you mean KimiKiss, I don't get it. I liked both pairs there. Especially the second one.
Nachtwandler_21Mar 26, 2020 1:44 AM
Mar 26, 2020 1:13 AM
Feb 2020
Nachtwandler_21 said:
theprussian said:

If you mean KimiKiss, I don't get it. I liked both pairs their. Especially the second one.

Not many people had issues with Eriko & Kazuki, but many perceived Mao as the one who "stole" Kouichi away from Yuumi. There was a bit of NTR after all.
PS: It's weird that Kimikiss takes place only one year before Seiren... despite the former being the spiritual predecessor to Amagami.
May 15, 2020 5:36 PM

Oct 2013
The last arc started in a bit boring way and had even more weird stuff than previous stories. Maybe it's gonna get better later.
Aug 6, 2020 8:55 AM

Feb 2019
The crossdressing as a child, showing us what was beneath the skirt then, and the spanking were all unnecessary and honestly made me feel weirded out...

Other than that, I think I'm gonna like this arc. I personally preferred the first arc over the second, and I felt bored by the second. If things keep up like they did in this episode, then this arc might just be my favourite.
May 21, 2022 4:56 PM

Mar 2019
So home ec. this time instead of the tea club, huh? That was so confusing. If they were at the same school, then you'd think Haruka appeared at least once, although Tachibana is a first year in this timeline so who knows.

It's an ok episode, still not a fan of a childhood friend becoming your girlfriend.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 28, 2022 10:30 AM

Aug 2018
So that's why Shouichi considered seriously idea of dressing as a girl, when suggested as a joke previously.. He actually did crossdress in childhood.. Wonder, if he's more alright now with it?..
This route is quite sweet.. Their relationship is sweet and wholesome, I'd say.. ;P
Oh, couple of girls from Amagami.. Nice to see them.. ;P
I like Kyouko a lot so far.. She seems like such sweet good girl.. I also like how soft her eyes look too.. Probably will be my favorite route in Seiren, but will see.. ;P
Jul 2, 2023 6:43 AM

Nov 2010
I find it interesting that Tsuneki appears constantly in the other girl's route. Miyamae was mentioned, at least.
21:36 Tomoe is always in provocative clothing. Oh man, I want to screw her so bad. Just look at her sexy figure and armpits! I want to lick her all over!
Kyouko is so cute. I prefer her in her regular uniform. She's the kind of girl you'd love to sexually exploit at any given chance.
Nov 20, 2023 9:28 PM

Jul 2008
childhood friend arc....ok let's see how it goes.
May 24, 5:20 PM

Jul 2023
Kyoujo is cute but her design is generic. I keep confusing her and Tomoe, and she somehow resembles Akebi from another anime. She's not as interesting so far than yhe other girls. Her friends from the Home Ec. Club have more personality.

It will take some effort if it wants to top the previous arcs.

Anyway, I've only noticed Evan Call in the credits.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

142 by EgatammaN »»
Jun 5, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

56 by patkarunungan »»
May 27, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

63 by patkarunungan »»
May 26, 5:05 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

130 by patkarunungan »»
May 24, 3:59 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

84 by patkarunungan »»
May 22, 10:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.