Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 23, 2017 4:45 PM

Feb 2013
Well fuck me that ended on a down note.....
Feb 23, 2017 6:04 PM

Jan 2011
FrozenSheep said:
Well, this episode escalated quickly...

Phone call... 5 minutes later, Yui is fully decapitated. Even with a suspension of disbelief, that's way too quick :(

I was expecting him to arrive as he murders Yui --- didn't expect a fully decapitated and boxed body...

this sums up my thoughts as well shit went from 0- 100 in such awful way, was glad Kurusu was able to remain somewhat stable during all that and Takuru actually did something in the end.
Feb 23, 2017 6:24 PM
May 2010
Welp, shit just got turned up to 11/real. Though there was somewhat a hint that something big was gonna happen, what with the lack of an OP this week.

Right now, the only things that tie all the characters and incidents together? It's either some hidden villainous character, or it's Takuru himself. Everything happens around Takuru (main character much), and he seems to get into a "trance" whenever an incident occurs; could he be consciously/unconsciously real-booting his delusion of the New Generation Madness on the world?

So basically, the world twists itself to fit Takuru's delusion that a murder has to occur on particular days, even if the persons involved are adverse to doing such things (RIP Yui and Itou; best friend unconsciously demands you to kill his sister).

...if this theory was true, the ending would be so f-up.

Oh, and where are them sumo stickers in this episode? Don't forget your MO now, killer ;)
l0l1n470rFeb 23, 2017 6:35 PM
Feb 23, 2017 9:30 PM

Dec 2007
The ending scene was really different from what I expected to see in anime... All of its progression did not feel overly dramatic but still had those exteremly gruesome moments... Nono's tearful breakdown felt painful... And somewhat... Realistic? Without using dramatic sakuga. It didn't feel overly cliched.

C;C is not directed well or very bad either... It's obvious the director is trying very hard, but has no major experience in handling drama or time to cram everything properly, and of course has a 1 cour restraint.

But heck, I still enjoy the show and think its pretty good as it is.
DeadIEndFeb 23, 2017 9:36 PM
Feb 24, 2017 12:45 AM

Oct 2011
noooo. ot yui noooooo
itou omfg
Feb 24, 2017 5:23 AM

Nov 2015
The corpse in the beginning looked really disturbing. RIP to both of them.

Feb 24, 2017 5:56 AM

Sep 2012
Well, we know how to find the real killer. Whoever was controlling Itou must be a trained butcher to have dismembered Yui in 5 minutes with convenience store knives.
Feb 24, 2017 7:12 AM
Jun 2015
i thing this episode was horrible and too bloody . when i watch this episode it make me shock when i look Yui , Takuru's adopted little sister die and her body was multilate and the part of her body have been put in present or toys box
Feb 24, 2017 8:05 AM

Feb 2008
That was disturbing. Haven't seen that much blood in a while... However, chopping up a human body ought to take a lot more effort and time, particularly considering the amount of pieces present on the scene.

I wonder, how will the situation be resolved.
Feb 24, 2017 11:11 AM

Dec 2013
Okay, now here's the kicker. Given that the current events followed the exact pattern of the previous events all those years back, why would they not be on their guard even after the supposed culprit was dead? Would it really be so surprising that all the events, as ludicrous as they have been thus far, were the work of more than one person?

I never understood how Takuru's managed for 6 straight episodes to get himself involved recklessly in stuff that could have resulted in the death of him or his friends oh so many times, and then just because it "seems" like things are over (even though he himself was doubtful since the time period from the previous incidents hadn't fully elapsed yet), he just suddenly goes idiotically docile and believes things are over without any true rhyme or reason, specifically since the circumstances of the supposed culprit's death were suspicious as well.... And even when the weird leak started happening again, he wasn't even smart enough to raise his guard again either to protect his family or friends.

Sorry to say this, but Yui's death is all Takuru's fault, first for all his reckless meddling with the incidents (which also almost got Nonoe killed), and now with not putting his guard up or being smart enough to suspect shit was going down. This is all on him. He deserves every single bit of the blame.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 25, 2017 12:05 AM

Dec 2009
No words.

There are, no words.

All one can do if they have any humanity in them, is to sit in silence.

When you know death in the deepest sense, even in fiction it is difficult.

I have cried. It's been a long time. Fictional or not, pay respects.
GenesisAriaFeb 25, 2017 12:08 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 25, 2017 6:16 AM
Mar 2012
so creepy the burned body, yui box & Itou.
The detective talk of Riko & Senri being separate people, event times were interesting but no clear conclusion.
Mc group really odd it's 28th, yet they suddenly ignore the pattern & drop their guard. Tho it's hard to guard against Itou suddenly getting mind controlled, we don't even know who or how it works, but at least the motivation of revenge is explained (& sounds like Senri was dead).
Feb 25, 2017 8:13 AM

Jul 2016
so mad episode, I felt the episode was badly executed, it neither lack enough impact or character/story build-up to this point. I'd just held my breath then they're dead, I didn't felt that much loneliness from Yui's death, its just me. But well rip. Looking forward to the next episodes.
Feb 25, 2017 2:34 PM

May 2015
Suspension of disbelief is important when watching most series, but...

There is no way Itou could have chopped Yui into that amount of pieces (using a series of regular knives) and then boxed and arranged those pieces nicely in the floor before Takuru arrived in that short amount of time.... How the hell did he get pass the bone part of the body that easily by just using those knives? Itou isn’t a regular high-schooler, he is a magician in the art of dismembering a human body. I guess the psychic/mind-controller behind the scenes could have helped, maybe...

Anyhow, they amped the crazy all the way up this episode. A feel bad for Nono's loss, Yui for being mutilated like that, and Itou for being mind-controlled to do such outrageous thing.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Feb 25, 2017 10:58 PM

Dec 2007
zero-r said:
Suspension of disbelief is important when watching most series, but...

There is no way Itou could have chopped Yui into that amount of pieces (using a series of regular knives) and then boxed and arranged those pieces nicely in the floor before Takuru arrived in that short amount of time.... How the hell did he get pass the bone part of the body that easily by just using those knives? Itou isn’t a regular high-schooler, he is a magician in the art of dismembering a human body. I guess the psychic/mind-controller behind the scenes could have helped, maybe...

Anyhow, they amped the crazy all the way up this episode. A feel bad for Nono's loss, Yui for being mutilated like that, and Itou for being mind-controlled to do such outrageous thing.

You might be able to do it if you cut at the joints rather then the actual bone. Does make you wonder how long Takuru was actully running around for before he actully got there might have been longer then it looked
Feb 26, 2017 10:07 AM

Sep 2016
It was a really shocking scene but the terrible execution prevented me from feeling anything at all. Everything in this episode happened so fast.
Feb 26, 2017 1:55 PM

Sep 2015
I keep wondering why people assume that the deaths of the characters must be sad, in the game, the deaths do not give a shame why they are made to hit the person they are playing, not to make him cry
Feb 26, 2017 4:42 PM

Mar 2011
Daniel_Naumov said:
Well, what can I say? Disgusting. After the last scene, the series transcended from insane to utterly idiotic. It was so stuuuupid, even after getting confirmation of him being mind-controlled it all is so out, out OUT OF STEINS;GATE UNIVERSE! This is out of it and I refuse to refer to this as a part of the same scentific fiction as Steins;Gate. And Robotics;Notes. Never forget Occultic;Nine. I did not once feel sad over all this, just... angry I had to see it happen. A degradation to this.
STOP ABUSING THE BRANDS PLEASE.

The brand started wih chaos;head, so if anything it's steins;gate that is out of place.

l0l1n470r said:
Welp, shit just got turned up to 11/real. Though there was somewhat a hint that something big was gonna happen, what with the lack of an OP this week.

Right now, the only things that tie all the characters and incidents together? It's either some hidden villainous character, or it's Takuru himself. Everything happens around Takuru (main character much), and he seems to get into a "trance" whenever an incident occurs; could he be consciously/unconsciously real-booting his delusion of the New Generation Madness on the world?

So basically, the world twists itself to fit Takuru's delusion that a murder has to occur on particular days, even if the persons involved are adverse to doing such things (RIP Yui and Itou; best friend unconsciously demands you to kill his sister).

Oh, and where are them sumo stickers in this episode? Don't forget your MO now, killer ;)

My bet is on both at the same time. Who knows what kind of things can happen with the delusion synhro there is in chaos;head.

Not to mention that it would basically be a chaos head 2.0 so it stays in the theme of the anime, and the trigger is pretty obvious to guess given the noah 2 incident and what the noah 2 was supposed to do; turning everyone in chaos;head into gigalomaniacs; who were a lot more than just "psychics" and a lot closer to "delusions turning into reality", sometimes not on purpose (Takumi).
willardhwrightFeb 27, 2017 7:56 AM
Feb 26, 2017 5:54 PM

Jul 2010
This was a bloody good episode.
Feb 27, 2017 2:58 AM

Jul 2009
l0l1n470r said:

Oh, and to people in this thread: yes, death is bad, but, Yui got a screentime only in 1-2 episodes before this one (which raised a flag for me that soon she might be offed), and the reactions of Takuru were....mmm...a little bit retarded. Oh, and i fricking like how the "Arimura sensed that Kurusu was lying about Senri" was quickly dropped. And, oh, yeah, hey, Nono, HOW DO YOU SO SURELY KNOW THAT ITOU NEVER MET SENRI MINAMISAWA? It's not like you were with her every goddamn second, right? I mean, how else would you know it? (yeah, the animators are not subtle, are they?)
Feb 27, 2017 3:48 AM

Jan 2008
This anime is so retarded it's actually funny.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Feb 28, 2017 2:39 PM

Feb 2016
Nayout said:
I keep wondering why people assume that the deaths of the characters must be sad, in the game, the deaths do not give a shame why they are made to hit the person they are playing, not to make him cry

Exactly. So many people hating this for no reason wtf, this episode was solid. We got enough clues in the previous episodes to know how everything of this could have happened, I don't see anything out of place or plot ruining.
Do you really expect to have a minor character, part of her family, have such development for no reason? Of course that would be obvious flag and the focus was never around them anyway, but it's shocking enough for the characters. I'm really interested in how this will continue now.
Anime is only 12 episodes of many hours VN, rush and weak development is to be expected, but it's still a good adaptation.

Daniel_Naumov said:
Well, what can I say? Disgusting. After the last scene, the series transcended from insane to utterly idiotic. It was so stuuuupid, even after getting confirmation of him being mind-controlled it all is so out, out OUT OF STEINS;GATE UNIVERSE! This is out of it and I refuse to refer to this as a part of the same scentific fiction as Steins;Gate. And Robotics;Notes. Never forget Occultic;Nine. I did not once feel sad over all this, just... angry I had to see it happen. A degradation to this.
STOP ABUSING THE BRANDS PLEASE.

Yeah, obviously you have heard only about S;G and have no idea about the universe connections. So out of Steins;Gate universe? You know what Kurisu made, right? This isn't much different from it.
By the way, Occultic;Nine isn't part of S;G/C;C/R;N universe, so at least that should make you feel better.
AquamirrorFeb 28, 2017 2:46 PM
Mar 2, 2017 4:20 AM

Oct 2008
Everything is messed-up and Yui got chopped.
1/5.

Mar 5, 2017 12:21 AM

Apr 2009
Holy mother of god... I was not prepared for this
Mar 5, 2017 3:21 PM

Oct 2015
This got very dark very quickly. RIP Yui and Itou.
Mar 9, 2017 1:55 AM

Jul 2009
So the girl that attacked them is dead now.
OMG, this episode was so cool! I mean, using a friend to hurt the sister was a very strong thing. Nono have powers, nothing new...
Mar 11, 2017 5:09 PM

Feb 2013
Well kids, good luck explaining that to the police.

I'm thinking Kurusu is the killer, she just doesn't know it. I hope I'm wrong... plot would be too cheap.
Mar 18, 2017 12:30 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bloody episode!!!
Someone controlled in the darkness, someone has the power to controled, mind control... I'm still thinking that some of the group if the liable!!!
Mar 18, 2017 1:57 AM

Dec 2012
This episode was brutal. It's too bad that Takuru is always so useless, because I like the plot of this season.
Poor Yui. Even if it was not emotional, I felt a little bad for Nono
Mar 21, 2017 12:38 PM

Apr 2014
The directing was done so badly, it's not even funny..
Mar 24, 2017 11:45 AM

Apr 2016
It was a good decision, stop watching this series weekly.

I re-watched the last 4 episodes and It was much more impressive and the mystery works better. You simply understand better what happens.
So, who controlled Itou? It still looks after the search for the offender/murder.
Apr 2, 2017 11:26 AM
Oct 2007
Wow.. Picking the show up again after just 6 weeks and this episode ended up so bloody... At least I am interested to continue watching now
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2017 5:24 AM

Mar 2015
What the hell?! That was really brutal really quick! And two characters get killed off just like that. It was frustrating to watch Takumi just flounder around though
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 28, 2017 8:04 AM

May 2012
Holy shit that ending! Damn this anime sure is getting pretty intense :3
Jul 10, 2017 9:59 AM

Mar 2008
Spent the entire segment in disbelief and bemused amusement. Perhaps another 'hallucinatory' episode? Is that really her chopped up in there or another Chaos;Head moment? Kind of hard to tell when we're never given a good shot and only have the characters to go off - characters who are seemingly so astounded that they're instantly occupied by their friend's rant as opposed to their dismembered sister?

It's only when we end on the long (tragic?!) cry that I realised: oh - they're really rolling with this huh whew
Jan 12, 2018 12:33 PM

Jan 2013
so that was supposed to be sad? am i mean to be crying or feel sorry inside? coz im not feeling anything. lil imouto was annoying. nothing of value was lost in this episode.
Dec 6, 2018 4:22 AM
Aug 2015
i cried a lot during the ending scene on the VN. This however, was so rushed that i almost laughed when Taku found Yui's corpse lmao.
Jul 6, 2019 5:02 PM
Jun 2019
HA HA HA after playing the game what i could say it's that this is the best episode to stop if you want to salvage any good point of this anime from this point. GO PLAY THE VN for jesus christ because if you don't what you will get is an absolute mess
Apr 3, 2023 1:14 PM
Jan 2022
at this point i dont really pay attention to its connection to the visual novel and just watch for fun. favorite episode so far tho, I liked that it didn't have an opening or ending.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Does this take place in Steins;Gate timeline?

rikuhod - Jan 18, 2017

14 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jun 19, 2023 8:27 AM

» The Dubbed Version

PersonaTexas - Jan 17, 2016

3 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
May 14, 2023 4:54 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;Child Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2017

45 by MilesCampbell »»
Nov 18, 2022 9:04 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;Child Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2017

58 by Dogstideta »»
Oct 8, 2022 7:56 PM

» CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THE VN IS BETTER?

Takamura-sama - Jan 26, 2017

10 by Platypus900 »»
Aug 4, 2022 2:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.