Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 23, 2017 12:22 PM
Aug 2013
G-trys_C-lock said:

They don't. Isn't it obvious? Can't you see the garbage tier art and CGI from hell?
Also, there is no such thing as Kagari route.

LOL CGI from hell. Also, even though if it was a "Kagari route" I'd expect way more romance in it like the other routes, I don't know what else to call it haha. What do you suggest? Original route? Introduction route? 8shit hell route? Oh I like that last one.
Feb 23, 2017 12:31 PM

Apr 2015
Rodielx said:
G-trys_C-lock said:

They don't. Isn't it obvious? Can't you see the garbage tier art and CGI from hell?
Also, there is no such thing as Kagari route.

LOL CGI from hell. Also, even though if it was a "Kagari route" I'd expect way more romance in it like the other routes, I don't know what else to call it haha. What do you suggest? Original route? Introduction route? 8shit hell route? Oh I like that last one.

The last one. Great name.
Feb 24, 2017 4:50 AM

Mar 2013
Whew I don't like this new Koutarou tbh. The cheerful and lively one was better.

Sad to know Mikuni and his team ended up dying :(

The loli Akane is darn cute <3

Also how much time has passed since he left home and came back? Also if Kotori's parents were supposed to die when he stopped them from going, then what she is doing at forest this time? (Assuming both the accident of her parents and Kotarou's took at the same day iirc from S1)
Feb 24, 2017 7:14 AM

Jan 2015
FinalFlash18 said:
Whew I don't like this new Koutarou tbh. The cheerful and lively one was better.

Also how much time has passed since he left home and came back? Also if Kotori's parents were supposed to die when he stopped them from going, then what she is doing at forest this time? (Assuming both the accident of her parents and Kotarou's took at the same day iirc from S1)

He didn't stop them from going, he just tried to stop them. However he had nothing to say, and he don't know exactly why had he to do it.
Feb 24, 2017 7:25 AM
Jun 2014
FinalFlash18 said:

What I liked about this episode is that you can kind of see the start of lively and cheerful Kotarou. You can see him acting more goofy and comical here compared to the start of Terra, especially once he adopts the Bondo disguise.
Feb 24, 2017 7:42 AM

Mar 2013
Arikado- said:
FinalFlash18 said:

He didn't stop them from going, he just tried to stop them. However he had nothing to say, and he don't know exactly why had he to do it.

Yeah that's what I meant too. He tried but didn't succeed so...
Feb 24, 2017 8:01 AM

Oct 2008
Koutarou lied about seeing Kagari. So being resurrected to that world, your memories would also be wiped. But at the same time you feel like you've been there before just like Kotarou...
poor Mikuni, the strongest in terms of physical got wrecked and killed by a high level daemon!
4/5.

Feb 24, 2017 8:04 AM
Jun 2014
FinalFlash18 said:
Arikado- said:

She's in the forest because she's already become a druid. She promised the mistletoe that gave her her powers that she'd protect the Key in exchange for bringing her parents back to life. The mistletoe then instructed her where and when the Key would appear, so she went there. In the original timeline this is when she stumbled on a fatally injured Kotarou. Here, neither of them noticed the other's presence.
Feb 24, 2017 10:23 AM

Mar 2013
Fencel said:
FinalFlash18 said:

She's in the forest because she's already become a druid. She promised the mistletoe that gave her her powers that she'd protect the Key in exchange for bringing her parents back to life. The mistletoe then instructed her where and when the Key would appear, so she went there. In the original timeline this is when she stumbled on a fatally injured Kotarou. Here, neither of them noticed the other's presence.

She became a druid? Wasn't it supposed to be Koutarou when Kotori heals him? Also, the real parents died, right? The ones she has now are made of energy or some kind of power.
Feb 24, 2017 10:35 AM
Jun 2014
Kotori is the druid of the forest. She used Kagari's ribbon along with a monster-to-summoner connection to heal Kotarou and bind him in a contract as her familiar monster. And yes, her real parents are dead. The parents she has now are basically their corpses that she reanimated using her own life force. If you remember Chibimoth, the little mascot mammoth she had with her from the first season, that was actually her dead dog Pero, reincarnated as her familiar-monster.
FencelFeb 24, 2017 10:38 AM
Apr 7, 2017 1:50 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Another good episode, still ruined at some scenes with the horrible ground dragon CGI... that was ugly, not even commenting on the art, but the CGI really is in another level of breaking the immersion.
Apr 21, 2017 7:00 PM

Jul 2014
People really fell for the disguise, but then again he hasn't been back for some time. Kid Akane is kawaii.
May 26, 2017 4:27 PM

May 2012
Decent progression, but it feels a tad slow.
Jun 18, 2017 9:49 PM

Mar 2015
Hah I was pleased to see Mikuni's pride pay off.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 21, 2018 3:16 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, that was superfast... like the action in the forest and what happened next just omitted many details. My main gripe with whole Rewrite is that everything is happenning too randomly and 'just because' for the sake of the story, there is no sense of meaninfulness and characters are good but their developements feels very weak.
And it feels even more obvious in this (weakest) ending arc.

Also, if anyone wonders why is he seeing those choices.. those are relict of the novel. I believe it's obvious but it's set of correct choices Kagari researched back then during the Moon that leads to their succesful ending where the world would be saved - the choices she instigated into Kotarou's very being during the transfer from Moon to Earth for their final try.

Well, guess we are back to the desert now. Let the bordom and tedium continue there.
Sep 19, 2018 11:05 AM

Jun 2011
sanata50lbsb said:
OneMan said:

That image is pretty useless.

Even this is better :

That's a very helpful chart, but it's a huge spoiler for anime-onlies.
Yea it's a spoilerific chart but it honestly helped a lot. As an anime only, I am really confused by the different routes/arcs. I am glad to have been reading the episode discussion to help understand the story a little more.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 29, 2020 10:28 PM

Feb 2018
Give me more loli Akane...
Aug 29, 2021 1:18 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah, guardian members dying against kaijuu, Akane is here for the story... he left japan now xD
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

182 by White_Alice »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:13 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

115 by phantomic109 »»
Jun 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

201 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2017

110 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:10 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

154 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 5:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.