Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 11, 2017 9:58 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Being X gonna unleash hell on Tanya now xD That corpse take over though.

Her battalion is really working well now and seem to like what Tanya does.
Feb 11, 2017 10:04 AM

Oct 2016
That battle scene <3333333 and that scene with the dead pilot was freaky O_o

GenesisAria said:
Hoshino_Maria said:

Curse you, secondhand smokers
Lol... Ironically the best part of the episode was after the credits XD

Huh, I didn't even know there was still some of the episode after the credits.
Feb 11, 2017 10:10 AM

Dec 2009
@Cherea
Anime often do that, you should always check after the credits, sometimes important stuff happens.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 11, 2017 10:20 AM

Jun 2016
Really solid episode, being X getting more aggressive.
Feb 11, 2017 10:36 AM

May 2012
Great episode. This anime is pure gold.
I despise woke people.
Feb 11, 2017 11:42 AM

Oct 2015
rofl all smokers haha, it gotta be bad for a little girl body.
Feb 11, 2017 11:46 AM

Jan 2015
Being X is so annoying. Why does he go so far for one person? even if she suddenly will turn into a believer,it's only one person in the end, UNLESS he is omnipotent and does this for everyone o_o

Scene at the end made me laugh real hard :D
Feb 11, 2017 11:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That last sequence reminded of some old family pictures I've just seen. My uncle as a 6 month baby is sitting on my grandmothers lap, yet every single adult around them is seen smoking or with an ashtray in front of them. Different times, huh?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 11, 2017 12:20 PM

Mar 2014
I'm loving Tanya more and more as each episode passes by
Feb 11, 2017 12:48 PM

Jul 2014
Wonder what the deal with that photo at the end was? Either way, this was another interesting and solid episode from this show, with lots of fun Tanya action as well.
Feb 11, 2017 12:57 PM

May 2015
Typical episode. Typical Tanya. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 11, 2017 12:57 PM

Jan 2013
Enjoyable episode.
Focused almost entirely on the war. Still wondering if there will be anyone who can compete with Tanya, maybe a genius on the other side.
Feb 11, 2017 1:02 PM

Jun 2015
What an intense episode. Tanya taking down those bombers was epic, especially when she casually threw the grenade into the lead bomber. Being X possessing the dead body and talking to Tanya was great. She really hates secondhand smoking.
Feb 11, 2017 1:41 PM

Nov 2013
Just caught up with it and HOLY CRAP, it's the first "new" show that I've liked in months, if not years. Still, I have a bad feeling about this. I haven't read the LNs, but I'm guessing what the ending will be and it's not looking good; I'd just say what is it, but I don't want to accidentally guess it correctly and end up dropping major spoilers.
Feb 11, 2017 1:42 PM

Sep 2013
Entente Alliance getting rekt by the tanya and her elite troops.
Nice action and being X accelerating the war world XD

Manly men smoke cigars.

Feb 11, 2017 1:45 PM

Aug 2016
Possessing a corpse to prove a point doesn't sound very Godlike but it does sound like what a God is capable of.

I can't wait for Tanya to take to the skies once again!
Feb 11, 2017 5:20 PM

Apr 2016
I love how Tanya emotionlessly prays to "god" for her attack to hit just for the sake of success!

Excellent post credits scene, good episode but not as good as the others.
Feb 11, 2017 5:27 PM

Sep 2012
- lul @ the ending. Second hand smoke is n o - j o k e
Feb 11, 2017 6:05 PM

Mar 2011
Damn being X, taking over a corpse just to leave a message to Tanya, he's such a jerk
That ending tho, Tanya really does not like the smoke
Feb 11, 2017 7:38 PM

Sep 2015
COuld that girl in the pic be the assistant??!
Feb 11, 2017 7:58 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode, Tanya's battalion is keep on advancing, I wonder if there will be an enemy who could hold them. Creepy corpse, Being X on the scene again.
Feb 11, 2017 8:10 PM

Jun 2013
holy crap that was amazing
Feb 11, 2017 9:43 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was so intense, i loved it!!!
Those guys were like "oh we're dead" but then our hero appeared, Tanya, a cute little girl that destroys everyone xD
That counterattack was so epic! Those guys in the planes were so scared of her xD And that grenade throw ahahaha
This episode was so amazing that i can't even find the right words to describe it.
Hope Tanya's team will get even better.
It seems that the Empire has the same destiny as Germany? I really hope that no, i am expecting a great ending and not a sad one where they lose.
Go Go Tanya!!!

At thise moment they knew, they f***up xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 11, 2017 10:18 PM

Jan 2015
So they do have a plane to use for this war. And Tanya-chan is making the right decision, to tell her batallion that death is "better" than go bankrupt for the post-victory celebration. And that MIRV-like shoot concludes it.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 11, 2017 11:05 PM

Jul 2013
Seems like it became worse...
Feb 12, 2017 12:10 AM

Nov 2013
Some informations about politics and wartime aid.

Tanya's battalion had another chance to shine. This time it was a real battle and not just shooting sitting ducks. They fought very well.

How Tanya stood on the plane and dropped the grenade was badass. They didn't expect, that the airspace is no longer completely safe.

The pilots of the plane, that she shot down, preferred suicide instead of being taken captive. How Being X spoke through the corpse was damn creepy. So he will involve so many countries and their people, just to prove his point. He really is more like a demon than a god.

The guys in the hut didn't see it coming. Respectively it was too late.

Poor Tanya in the last scene.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 12, 2017 5:05 AM

Apr 2016
The background music is good and all but, in my head, I play Sabaton instead. Enjoyment: 100/10
SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT!SPLAT! SPLAT!
Feb 12, 2017 7:06 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Pretty good episode as always
After last weeks battle it was to be expected that the faction there would be too devastated to continue the war so transferring Tanya's unit is to be expected. To think that the empire had managed to outstrip their supply infrastructure already though. Looks like the war is really starting to turn into a real world war with more nations getting involved in it as well. It was nice seeing what the opposing leaders think of the war as well. Combat scenes in this episode was as top notch as always. But man those bombers shown in this episode were lethal.

The enemy units that they are facing in this episode were also interesting in that they seem to be faster and better trained than anything Pixie has faced before. Of course there won't be a true episode without Tanya being cruel here lol. Lol Tanya's motivation for the troops though. Slow hunks of steel was a great way to describe those bombers though. Tanya's ultimate ability never ceases to amaze me though and to think that she took down a whole squadron of enemy bombers is terrifying to see. So being x was the one who orchestrated this eh.

So the enemy is doing the smart thing of keeping an eye on Tanya eh.
It seems that the enemy is also starting to wake up to the presence of Tanya though and more importantly some of their skilled officers are starting to show up. But to think that Tanya would now be fighting nearly every faction in the world now though. Things are just getting started.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2017 7:36 AM

Jul 2008
Awesome episode :D I do have to say as strong as Tanya is, she doesn't have power strong enough for a nuclear blast (otherwise she could have taken out a nation to make the war easier for her country to win) so I'm not quite sure how the series is planning to end.

With 6 episodes left, it would be a rush to just push straight for victory and have Tanya challenge the 'God' himself unless if they have another season.
Feb 12, 2017 1:19 PM

Jun 2012
MadSkulz said:
Zemroid said:
Nice fighting this episode. Is it just me or did it look like Tanya in the photo at the end? I'm probably just reading too much into it.

I actually thought the same thing. And if you recall from episode 1 it was said that her father had to leave her mother to fight the war.

I think that's Viktoriya
Feb 12, 2017 1:39 PM
Feb 2017
kamil88 said:
MadSkulz said:

I actually thought the same thing. And if you recall from episode 1 it was said that her father had to leave her mother to fight the war.

I think that's Viktoriya

That is neither Tanya nor Viktoriya, but she is an important character to remember.
Feb 12, 2017 2:39 PM

Jan 2014
pall_haigoli said:
kamil88 said:

I think that's Viktoriya

That is neither Tanya nor Viktoriya, but she is an important character to remember.

Do you know that from the novel? Or are you assuming?
Feb 12, 2017 2:50 PM
Feb 2017
MadSkulz said:
pall_haigoli said:

Do you know that from the novel? Or are you assuming?

I have not read that part of the novel, but yes, I do know who she is and why she is important, however you don't need to read the novel to know from just the character design that she is not Viktoriya with her 'normal looking eyes and face', plus Tanya was in the orphanage the entire time when she was growing up, so when would she even take a photo with a living father?

Actually you all should know her name as well, since her name is very ironic and is use to describe overpower main character in stories.
Feb 12, 2017 4:07 PM

Jun 2010
pall_haigoli said:

Actually you all should know her name as well, since her name is very ironic and is use to describe overpower main character in stories.

Her name is Mary Sue?
Feb 12, 2017 4:09 PM
Feb 2017
neonie said:
pall_haigoli said:

Her name is Mary Sue?

Yes, that is her name.
Feb 12, 2017 4:12 PM

Jun 2010
pall_haigoli said:
neonie said:

Her name is Mary Sue?

Yes, that is her name.

That... Seems a bit on the nose. Lol.
Feb 12, 2017 4:12 PM

May 2015
That moment with Being X was kinda creepy in a way, lol.

Feb 12, 2017 5:55 PM

Oct 2016
damn tanya rekt all that planes ... I think this will be become more intense ..
Feb 12, 2017 10:26 PM

Feb 2014
If Tanya doesn't have a decent enemy who matches her power I'll be sure to drop this show to misery.
Feb 12, 2017 10:29 PM

Nov 2014
shimada_m said:
If Tanya doesn't have a decent enemy who matches her power I'll be sure to drop this show to misery.
what about a god.?

Feb 13, 2017 2:29 AM

Apr 2014
ExTemplar said:
shimada_m said:
what about a god.?

To be fair, Being X is just an entity claiming to be [a] God. A big point of the anime is Tanya trying to disprove he is God, while Being X is trying to get her to believe he really is God; that's why Tanya has to chant all those sacrosanct aphorisms before she casts a big spell--to essentially force Tanya to admit she's a believer even if it's just a facade she needs to further her own goals and survival. As far as anime-only watchers go, that's about the extent of the plot. Personally though, if a being managed to stop time and reincarnate me into a new body in a whole new dimension, I think I might get on my knees right then and there and become a believer. But this show is about Tanya not me, [s]he has his own reasons for denying God his godhood; Like how Battler from Umineko did when he was denying the existence of witches even as this woman in front of him kept resetting time and summoning huge, supernatural minions. The point of all this is just to sort of point out how one-sided a fight between Being X and Tanya would be considering how Tanya is only alive thanks to Being X's actions, everything else factored in. Something I would like to see however, is another person having been reincarnated and having the same godlike capabilities Tanya can exert. Something that can break the notion of Tanya being this unstoppable monster without throwing God himself into the mix. A good example of something similar to this is Mob's first fight against Koyama in Mob Psycho 100 --- which won Crunchyroll's anime fight of the year, not that Crunchyroll is that relevant but still. That fight brought Mob right back down to Earth where he needed to be after dominating so many enemies effortlessly just like Tanya has been.

Anyway yeah I guess that's it. I just felt like replying in length to something lol.
Feb 13, 2017 4:01 AM
Feb 2017
Protaku said:
ExTemplar said:
what about a god.?

To be fair, Being X is just an entity claiming to be [a] God. A big point of the anime is Tanya trying to disprove he is God, while Being X is trying to get her to believe he really is God; that's why Tanya has to chant all those sacrosanct aphorisms before she casts a big spell--to essentially force Tanya to admit she's a believer even if it's just a facade she needs to further her own goals and survival. As far as anime-only watchers go, that's about the extent of the plot. Personally though, if a being managed to stop time and reincarnate me into a new body in a whole new dimension, I think I might get on my knees right then and there and become a believer. But this show is about Tanya not me, [s]he has his own reasons for denying God his godhood; Like how Battler from Umineko did when he was denying the existence of witches even as this woman in front of him kept resetting time and summoning huge, supernatural minions. The point of all this is just to sort of point out how one-sided a fight between Being X and Tanya would be considering how Tanya is only alive thanks to Being X's actions, everything else factored in. Something I would like to see however, is another person having been reincarnated and having the same godlike capabilities Tanya can exert. Something that can break the notion of Tanya being this unstoppable monster without throwing God himself into the mix. A good example of something similar to this is Mob's first fight against Koyama in Mob Psycho 100 --- which won Crunchyroll's anime fight of the year, not that Crunchyroll is that relevant but still. That fight brought Mob right back down to Earth where he needed to be after dominating so many enemies effortlessly just like Tanya has been.

Anyway yeah I guess that's it. I just felt like replying in length to something lol.
Tanya do have a rival that is not Being X, but that rival won't be strong enough to face Tanya until near the end of the story. So I recommend anyone to drop this now if they mostly came to see Tanya struggle in combat.
Feb 13, 2017 4:27 AM

Jan 2011
Being X: "Say I'm God."

Tanya:
Feb 13, 2017 5:33 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that a satisfactory split on the war as a whole. Apparently, two people will find themselves face to face, I can not wait to understand the magnitude of this encounter on the battlefield, it will be the sentence for Tanya or vice versa, I'm dying of curiosity. I wonder if this event will be the culmination of the story.

Passive smoking is a serious business.

Thanks @Hoshino_Maria for the pic.
Feb 13, 2017 7:38 AM

Feb 2008
all that is left now is for God to give the enemy power comparable to hers. or maybe they just want to see how far she will last against the entire world.
Feb 13, 2017 10:29 AM

Feb 2017
In conclusion, god is a total jerk and has a lot of free time.
Feb 13, 2017 8:03 PM

Mar 2016
Awesome action and great episode at the same time!
At that credit. . . Tanya hates smokes from cigarettes!(lol)
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
Feb 14, 2017 8:23 AM
Jan 2016
kisami said:
all that is left now is for God to give the enemy power comparable to hers. or maybe they just want to see how far she will last against the entire world.

I don't think it would be appropriate to the plot for a rival to appear (also late-season introduction of rival? Let's not have a repeat of the travesty that was Izetta), because Being X's plan is to force Tanya to struggle as long as possible so she'll eventually be worn down enough to capitulate.

And if we consider Being X's personality, he wouldn't try to equalize things by bringing forth a rival, he'd do it by suddenly taking back the miracle of prayer he granted Tanya in the middle of a mission; that would throw Tanya into such deep shit that she would have few options but to pray to Being X for deliverance.
Feb 14, 2017 8:44 AM
Feb 2017
MysteriousBanana said:
kisami said:

I don't think it would be appropriate to the plot for a rival to appear (also late-season introduction of rival? Let's not have a repeat of the travesty that was Izetta), because Being X's plan is to force Tanya to struggle as long as possible so she'll eventually be worn down enough to capitulate.

And if we consider Being X's personality, he wouldn't try to equalize things by bringing forth a rival, he'd do it by suddenly taking back the miracle of prayer he granted Tanya in the middle of a mission; that would throw Tanya into such deep shit that she would have few options but to pray to Being X for deliverance.
But The Rival already appeared in this epidode...
Feb 14, 2017 2:14 PM

Feb 2008
Taking on the whole world daunts even Tanya. That and secondhand smoke. The fight won't get any easier for the protagonist...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

209 by lazypanda666 »»
May 18, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

218 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 25, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

313 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

448 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
Apr 24, 8:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.