Forum Settings
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 27, 2016 12:22 AM

Jun 2015
Wow, that was amazing and interesting.

Animation is off the charts, especially some of the backgrounds. First 5 seconds, I literally thought it was real, and were just doing an interview first.

The Iroha stuff was great, Yukino and animals always makes me smile. We're not getting more episodes for a while, but Iroha is starting to surpass Yui for me.

I watched raw, but that final scene was pretty fascinating. Iroha was glad that Hachiman took the cafe picture with both girls, and hasn't picked a girl yet. Meanwhile, she tells him the classroom picture is a "good picture" because both girls take their hands off him. All of these little details, this is why I love this show.
Oct 27, 2016 1:03 AM
May 2015
Haou-Judai said:
Davhenan said:

It's dosent make Iroha less in my heart..Iroha good because that personality.
She fit too Hikki more than Yukino or Yui...

This ๐Ÿ˜‚ I also love Iroha for her personality. If you think about it, 8man also manipulated Iroha to be the student council pres. so he can keep the Service Club going. That's why 8man keeps on going with Iroha's requests. This time around, it was Iroha who kinda manipulated 8man into doing the newspaper request. Which makes both of them pretty rotten. But no one can deny that Iroha really enjoyed the date.

In a way, both 8man and Iroha has helped each other improve themselves by manipulating each other. 8man has made Iroha into a more responsible pres. or just as a person in general. Iroha has managed to make 8man work his ass out, which makes 8man a more productive person.

8man is also most comfortable around Iroha. It shows in their chemistry.

In other words, 8man and Iroha are the best suited for each other ๐Ÿ˜„
Oct 27, 2016 2:21 AM
Jul 2018
Now, when will Watacunt continue Yahari Oregairu main story?
Oct 27, 2016 3:22 AM

Apr 2015
Straussberg said:

Well, Yui got her route in ANOTHER and this is sort of Iroha's route. Now it's time to go for the conclusion of the main series. I don't really understand what you meant with we got someone from the anime stuff. Did you mean staff? As in I'm acting as if I know what I'm talking about or something? A lot of people in the community have pretty much come to the conclusion that's what Watari is doing. He wrote a spin-off for Yui. Then on Iroha's birthday they announced this OVA that would be bundled with the PS Vita game. Now that Watari has pretty much given all of the girls a route in some fashion, it's time to wrap the series up. I can assure you that Iroha is not going to play a major role in the conclusion. I don't need to be Watari or someone from the staff to tell you that.

oh well your theory will always be a theory.
internet is a cruel mistress
Oct 27, 2016 3:30 AM

Dec 2013
Some parts of this was part of LN 10.5 I believe.
I felt a little sad at how Iroha became sad that the picture the two took together wasn't just special to both of them since the service club took the same photo at the same place.

Great episode. Really reminds me of how much I enjoyed this anime when I watched it.
9/10

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Oct 27, 2016 5:48 AM
May 2016
Lol I can't imagine how anyone could possibly like a manipulative bitch like iroha, and to think people actually believe she has even the slightest shot at winning ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I don't know how 8man even tolerates her nonsense, he probably just pities her too much to actually stand up to her antics.

Although it looks like Yuki is going to win this I sincerely hope the author takes a different route and Yui (best girl) wins
Yuki just looks at 8man as a substitute for her sister and mistakes those feelings for love, whereas Yui truly loves 8man.

Hope it ends with 8man finally saving Yuki with her no longer seeing herself in her sisters/mother's/family's/ shadow
And Yui finally ending up with 8man

Basically a win-win.
Oct 27, 2016 6:09 AM
Jul 2016
manovikaswhiz said:
Lol I can't imagine how anyone could possibly like a manipulative bitch like iroha, and to think people actually believe she has even the slightest shot at winning ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I don't know how 8man even tolerates her nonsense, he probably just pities her too much to actually stand up to her antics.

Although it looks like Yuki is going to win this I sincerely hope the author takes a different route and Yui (best girl) wins
Yuki just looks at 8man as a substitute for her sister and mistakes those feelings for love, whereas Yui truly loves 8man.

Hope it ends with 8man finally saving Yuki with her no longer seeing herself in her sisters/mother's/family's/ shadow

Basically a win-win.

I hope so too.

Yui > Best Girl
Iroha > 2nd Best Girl
Yuki > i don't know......
Oct 27, 2016 6:31 AM

Jan 2015
Where.....
To....
Watch.....
?.....

EDIT : Nevermind, read some posts and found it on reddit
KonteOct 27, 2016 6:34 AM
Oct 27, 2016 6:57 AM

Feb 2016
lonelytree said:
Jack_Corvus96 said:
Wonder when we will get a third season... I need it ASAP

Hahahahahaha, that's funny because anime caught up to the light novels and there hasn't been a release since over a year ago, unless you're talking about the ANOTHER novels. The lack of updates makes sense since Wataru Watari's working on the recently airing Girlish Number anime after all.

That's a good way to crush others dreams T_T

Thanks for the info tho
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 27, 2016 7:37 AM

Jan 2013
Good to see 8man back in action.
Iroha was garbage as always, the lil' pretentious slut.
At least the episode had Yui in it.
Oct 27, 2016 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
Hachiman was hanging out with Iroha!
Oct 27, 2016 10:05 AM

Oct 2014
Man, Yukipedia got rekt so hard in the shop.
No Hope man, no Hope.

Iroha still besto
Oct 27, 2016 10:19 AM

May 2008
manovikaswhiz said:

Basically a win-win.

Yui feeling is too much Platonic. I hope for a firend zone ending... Both Yui and Yukino ending is a bad ending...
Oct 27, 2016 11:06 AM

Apr 2013
Oh. My. Lord. I don't know if my heart could have taken anymore Iroha after this OVA... The Iroha-overload was just glorious. Best girl among a sea of Best girls.
Oct 27, 2016 11:35 AM

Jul 2014
very relaxing OVA episode to watch

i want more Yukino.........!! >.<
9/10
Oct 27, 2016 11:56 AM
Oct 2016
jeremeel2015 said:
very relaxing OVA episode to watch

i want more Yukino.........!! >.<
9/10

You'll probably get that once volume 12 comes out. Which really shouldn't be that much longer now. It's possible that there will be an announcement once Girlish Number finishes airing. So get hype.
Oct 27, 2016 3:36 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was probably the best OVA out of every OVA i ever watched really. Really brought back the feels for me. I got a very fuzzy feeling from this, both parts with Iroha and the whole club were incredibly heartwarming and fun.

Amazing, amazing OVA

9/10
Oct 27, 2016 3:46 PM

Jul 2012
Ah, Iroha and Hachiman's interactions were priceless.
Oct 27, 2016 5:38 PM

Jun 2013
That really nice OVA
Oct 27, 2016 9:57 PM

Jul 2015
Soooo missed this show!

10/10 for such an amazing OVA, even though there were some cut-and-original parts (doesn't matter, adaptations don't always get 100%)

I do wanted to see that receipt scene.. but nevertheless, I liked it!

Now all this needs is closure. Wataru, go and end this already! <3

Oct 27, 2016 10:51 PM
Dec 2015
After seeing the OVA I wished if they would have had 2 episodes instead of 1 to show the real and amazing Iroha in this volume. The original stuff that was added can be considered ok but the canon one was much better. The scene with zaimokuza with the editor stuff and then Isshiki's blackmail to make him work, photo session with totsuka and other clubs. Many things were missed which were morr than 10. But we can't do much now so I am happy with just this much.

9/10 for me.
Oct 27, 2016 11:11 PM

Sep 2015
This Ova made a lot of us think about it if Iroha was acutally the one for Hachiman.

Meaning : Iroha > Yui & Yukino

But I will stay a loyal Yukino fan.
Oct 28, 2016 1:08 AM

Apr 2016
I love it!!!
I missed everything about this anime.
The OP and ED songs as well as Hachiman, Yui, Yukinon, and most especially my favorite girl in this series... Iroha.
I love this OVA since it has a lot of Iroha scenes coz I really believe she deserves a spotlight. She has a very interesting character.
Totally enjoyed this OVA and come on give us a season 3 of this masterpiece!
Oct 28, 2016 1:23 AM

Sep 2015
hoopla123 said:
Instantly #1 favourite anime of all time.

This is literally a dream come true.

Definitely this is the best anime ever
Oct 28, 2016 2:08 AM

Jun 2015
I normally don't give OVAs 10/10s, but this was perfect. There's a reason that just the OVA is ranked in the top 250 anime, it really captured what this series is about and made me miss it that much more...If OreGairu doesn't get a third season I'm gonna have to stab someone

I don't really ship Iroha and 8man, but I gotta admit the first part was kinda cute.
And then the second part was even better! Yukinon talking with the cat was priceless lol

It makes me sad that this probably is the end of the OreGairu anime which is pretty damn frustrating and I hope a 3rd season or even a movie just pops out of nowhere
Oct 28, 2016 2:21 AM

Sep 2014
Its good to see 8man once again. Gonna love that mock date of theirs especially that attempt of Iroha in the table tennis and failed and the meow meow of Yukinoshita in the second part (CUTE).

Love this picture of Iroha in the middle card
Oct 28, 2016 2:24 AM
Dec 2015
This was like Date a live 2 OVA. It made me switch my ship to Iroha lol
Oct 28, 2016 3:01 AM

Apr 2013
Back to feeling empty inside.
Oct 28, 2016 3:12 AM

Dec 2014
Very nice OVA, Was really fun and cute.

Iroha's pouts are so cute, Her interactions with Hachiman are always fun to watch.
That table tennis fail was hilarious.
Love it when Iroha or Hachiman blush,Lovely mock date overall.

I knew that picture was gonna wreck Hachiman XD Those stares he got. xD

Yukino looking at that bra and Hachiman saying there's still hope left was hilarious. XD
Nice photo at the end.
Oct 28, 2016 5:34 AM
May 2016
A really fun OVA. Damn 8man really a lucky guy, first a date with Iroha then another date with both Yukino and Yui.
I like this quote "Girls are definitely made of sugar, spice, and something nice..."
After the OVA, the waifu wars continues...
Oct 28, 2016 8:08 AM

Nov 2011
While I like Iroha I dislike how she can't be honest with her feelings. Is she really using Hikigaya as a source for good spots with Hayama or does she actually care for him? While a lot of people can ship them I feel as though their relationship is just not as developed as Hikkis relationship with Yui and Yukino and I just can't see them with each other in the end. After all Jalapeños will always be Jalapeños.

I liked the first part though, it was cute but that second part...all of my YES!!!

Hikigaya was pretty OBSERVANT in this OVA huh? LOL. Though he shielded Yukino when she was looking at cats so no other Man could look at his Woman!

I kinda felt Bad for Iroha when she saw all three of them in the Cafe though, it felt awkward, even though the pic was nice. The ending picture was really nice a well.

Overall a fantastic OVA, one of the best I've even seen.
SoraSenpaiOct 28, 2016 8:29 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 28, 2016 9:13 AM

Jan 2015
More Iroha = Automatic win.
Great OVA. I really love interactions between Iroha and Hachiman.
Date was perfect, but scenes after that ware just ok.

9/10
Oct 28, 2016 9:15 AM

Nov 2011
Well this was an amusing episode. A date with Isshiki...a ping pong match, all the teasing, awkward lunch, etc.

I got some laughs from this considering how interactive Isshiki was during the date. I think she's trying to see a different side of Hachiman. Kinda funny at the memories they made during their date with that photo. Honestly, this OVA episode made me like her a bit more.

My favorite quote from the episode though:
"Girls are made of sugar, spice, and something nice". How poetic.

Glad to see Yukino getting more screen time in this as well. That personality of hers is still pretty much how I remember her. *meow*
Oct 28, 2016 9:32 AM

Aug 2012
Iroha best girl.

Those male gaze scenes of Hachiman seem much more apparent in this ova than the rest of the series...

Not that my eyes wouldn't wander that way either.

Seems like tights are all the rage over in Japan, since every single girl wore them ayyy.
Oct 28, 2016 11:09 AM

Dec 2015
This certainly brings back memories, the date with Iroha was pretty good, the ping pong and the cafe photo, I think she's trying to do something with Hikki, maybe she's not yet realized but I think if a season 3 comes out we'll see her more open with her feelings about Hikki. Yukino's "nyaa" was adorable as always and that last picture they took together was really good.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 28, 2016 11:34 AM

Jan 2012
It has been a while since I saw IROHA- chan and seeing 8man going on a date is like LOL ^_^.

I think the ova is done perfectly a balance between Iroha and Yui plus Yukina.

Hopefully in season 3 we see more development for Iroha as she was late to the party and 8man going on more dates

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Oct 28, 2016 12:16 PM

Dec 2014
It's simply impossible to get enough of Iroha.

I hope the LN isn't done for good. I need a conclusion
Oct 28, 2016 1:23 PM
Apr 2014
Man I miss this show, it has a very unique feel to it
Get on with volume 12 and gimme S3 already dammit.
Oct 28, 2016 1:48 PM

Aug 2013
I really need a season 3 now

Oct 28, 2016 2:08 PM

Apr 2012
Iroha just solidified herself as the only best girl in the series
That low key chemistry between her and hachi

Oct 28, 2016 2:12 PM

Jan 2012
I just had to re-watch it twice today as Iroha is just soo cute :)

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Oct 28, 2016 2:33 PM

Jan 2016
After the OVA, I've solidified my decision to ship Iroha here. OVA was magnificent with excellent art as well as so many excellent scenes throughout it. Cannot wait for season 3 to come out!!

Oct 28, 2016 2:34 PM

Mar 2015
where can i watch it?
Oct 28, 2016 2:41 PM

May 2010
His eyes at the end were towards black hair girl....
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 28, 2016 2:53 PM

Sep 2013
So awesome to see Yukino, Yui, 8man and Iroha again! I missed this series way too much! Very fun episode. Started out a little slow but progressively got more and more entertaining.

All the girls were super adorable in this, especially Yukino =D. Nyaa...Nyaaaaa.

Oct 28, 2016 3:24 PM

Sep 2013
Irohasu~ the sly kouhai who greatly troubles Hikki is back with her own OVA!!!!

Loved watching Iroha and Hikki's 'date', and various expressions of Iroha that was side-lined in the main series.

The scene where Iroha gasps when she sees the trio's pic in the same cafe, eating same desserts and posing similarly, don't know whether she was glad at Hikki's progress/improvement or sad that their 'special' moment was imitated by 'special' people.
Oct 28, 2016 4:44 PM

Mar 2014
i have a fire, i have a stick
uh! burning them lovely couples to hell.
Oct 28, 2016 5:15 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Man, hearing that OP made me feel nostalgic. Great adaptation of that Iroha chapter from volume 10.5. Iroha's so sly that it's amazing. I laughed hard when Hikigaya said that he'll watch some other movie. Last third was a nice anime-original bit.

Hopefully we get more OVAs adapted bonus chapters, like that judo one from volume 7.5 :D

5/5
Oct 28, 2016 6:09 PM

Jun 2015
My bae Iroha getting lots of time.
:)
Oct 28, 2016 7:09 PM
Jan 2015
If people think 8man will end up with anyone besides Yukino, they're delusional, just saying. The salt mines will probably equal the Nisekoi ending in strength.

OT: Great OVA btw.
My Queens

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Will there be season 3

ZALRAN - Jan 15, 2017

11 by Komacchi »»
Jan 20, 2022 3:21 PM

» BOYCOTT!!!

nottescura - Nov 5, 2016

19 by LeftBlank »»
Jun 23, 2019 1:52 AM

» Does the new Oregairu Zoku OVA take place before or after the last episode of season 2?

RintarouRintarou - Oct 31, 2016

4 by Jose07 »»
Mar 12, 2017 1:39 PM

» PV

kr055 - Aug 19, 2016

42 by Veone »»
Oct 25, 2016 11:18 AM

» Is this canon?

R_TF - Sep 18, 2016

4 by Raydnt »»
Sep 23, 2016 10:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.